About Sunset Bay Club by Diamond Resorts

• iron
  • kids club
  • billiards
  • solarium
  • paid public parking on site
  • sofa
  • washing machine
  • danish amenities

dated,tired & unsafe apartment

Reviewed Wed 13th of April 2016

"Stayed here in a privately rented apartment. Apartment was big disappointment, dated & tired and many safety issues. (agent has failed to reply to any of my emails regarding this and the building work issue) There is a lot of building work going on all over the complex and was noisy all day – we had to leave the complex to get away from it – we wasn’t told about this when we booked a couple of weeks before we stayed in March and it has been going on since January. There are also a number of bars in the complex and it can get very noisy till late at night so beware if you want early nights or have children. There is a tussle in the mornings for a bed at the heated pool but the unheated pool is OK. Bit of a hilly complex so if your mobility is poor or you are pushing a buggy then make sure you are fit. Many apartments are timeshare or privately owned. Location is quite good as pretty central but would say there are better places to stay."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of April 2016

A nice place to stay

Reviewed Tue 4th of June 2013

"This is the third time I stayed at sunset bay twice as Timeshare and this time as rental. If you do not like a lot of noise I would advise to send a e-mail and ask not to be put in Block D. The apartments are of a reasonable standard and clean and tidy with a reasonable balcony.
I would advise if approached on site to go to a presentation and offer 25 Euro to refuse but it to get you interested in renting then to buy Timeshare. On site their are bars and Restaurants and it is not far to the beach, bars and Restaurants. "

• Travel date: Thu 12th of April 2012

A nice place to stay

Reviewed Thu 12th of April 2012

• Travel date: Thu 12th of April 2012

great place

Reviewed Fri 4th of June 2010

"exchanged 1 wk rci into sunset bay It was very hilly with lots of steps and slopes but they have now put in two lifts which were a great help. The apartment was really nice had everything you required in it. Furnishings were of good quality Staff in reception very helpful and pleasant No entertainment as such All entertainment was in the bars which were incorporated in the complex grounds. A few cats around but no problem they didnot come into apartments. Justed lazed about.All in all had a very good holiday and would highly recommend this resort to others"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of May 2010

Best Ever!!

Reviewed Tue 12th of January 2010

"I've just returned from a week in the Sunset Bay Apartments.

I've been 'wintering' in Tenerife every year since 2004 but this was was my first time at these apartments and I have to say they are THE BEST that I have stayed in.

They are clean (and believe me i'm a fussy person when it comes to cleanliness)modern, well serviced, and very well equipped.

I was self catering and had apartment J401 which was mint, I'm embarrassed to say that the kitchen was better than my own!! fully equipped, even had a coffee perculator.

No additional extra's to pay for unless you want the safe in the room which is about 15 euro's, the telly gets most mainstream uk stations, even had a radio alarm clock as well.

South facing balcony got the sun all day, plenty of facilities in the complex if you wish to use them, didnt eat in any of them but all looked good, didnt use pool so cant rate that either, but looked ok.

Staff are very efficient and friendly, maid came every day.

Cant praise the place enough, will definately be going back.

• Travel date: Sun 27th of December 2009

sunset bay

Reviewed Fri 28th of November 2008

"I have been going to this resort for the past 11 years at around this time of the year
I have gone with my family and in-laws, and I have found it always to be first class.
Nothing is to much trouble for the staff and the time share touts need to think of some thing different, if you are bothered about time share touts split up before you get to them , they are only looking for couples, or just do what I do and smile at them and say no thank you , the resort is in a fantastic location a spit and a hop from the harbour and beach area which has various bars and restaraunts , The best restaraunt by amil e we have found is along geranium walk and is called " gran paella Valencia", it is near the roundabout area at hte bottom of the hill, it is the best value in the area and there are queues to get in when some restaraunts are empty.
The bars in the resort that are plentyfull are all good value for money and the legendery " wigan pier " is just around the corner .
I will be going back to this resort every year if I can for my winter breaks as it is is consistent .well done sunset bay and diamond resorts !!! "

• Travel date: Thu 27th of November 2008

I have recently come back from a stay at...

Reviewed Fri 26th of September 2008

"I have recently come back from a stay at Sunset Bay
The rooms were clean apart from the Cockroaches running around the room and the complex at night. The onsite bars/restaurants were nice although a little expensive. But the area its self in Adeje (which is near Playa De Las Americas) wasnt so clean.
All i can say is if you do not like Cockroaches this is not the place for you
I would not stay at this hotel or resort again"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of September 2008

Well I exchanged my timeshare weeks to g...

Reviewed Sun 17th of August 2008

"Well I exchanged my timeshare weeks to go to sunset bay and was really dissapointed in the fact the resort was very hilly, some parts dirty, cant believe there are no lifts at all especially to the higher apartments. We were in C block to begin with but after the first night we asked to be moved because it was like living in a sewer...beware if they put you in this block..We were moved to K block which was a much nicer apartment but really noisy at night especially at 4 in the morning when the bin men come to empty the bottle banks they have no consideration for us holiday makers. Also beware of the sun bed saga at this complex its a absolute nightmare, people reserve beds and management do nothing about it. If ya up at 7.00am in the morning you should be ok to get a bed but much after that then forget it. One morning it got the better of me so i was up at 6am and there wer no beds as they were full of towels.....Can you believe it!!!!! The place is full of "regulars" so if you aint been before then you feel kinda "in the way"

Bars on the complex personally i only went to the "sun inn" this was good for brekki but i wouldnt reccommend the poolside bar, the owner needs to learn to have manners and also SMILE!!! The restauraunts looked dirty and in need of a good overhaul. Lot of cockroaches in the evening...URGHHH. We didnt stay on the complex at night we went to sunset harbour across the road its gorgeous there we stayed there last year - well recommend the bar on there called "regent street" absolutely excellent food and compere andy james is a star, also have good entertainment on there too so go and pay it a visit.

Im hopefully going back to sunset harbour next year if not ill go back to where i own.. but one thing for sure ill NEVER go to sunset bay again. It's 20 years old and the worst and oldest one in the chain of three on the island. Check out Sunset Harbour and Sunset Beach Club these beat the bay hands down.

Cant reccomend a block to be in coz the lower ones are too noisy and the higher ones are up cardiac hill.......

Happy Holidays!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of August 2008

Been back less than a week. Fantastic re...

Reviewed Thu 8th of May 2008

"Been back less than a week.
Fantastic resort. Very friendly staff on checking in, room staff, pool staff and everyone about.
Rooms great, (brown upholstry is a bit drab)
Looking forward going back in October
Recommended !!!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of May 2008

Before we set off to these apartments, I...

Reviewed Thu 17th of April 2008

"Before we set off to these apartments, I read the reviews posted and was absolutely terrified that we would be given an apartment which was not suitable for myself and 2 children, but I couldn't have been far wrong. We were allocated an apartment at Block J, a bit of a struggle with cases and pram etc, but none the less was worth it. The apartment was clean and very comfortable. Large balcony with 2 sunloungers and umbrella. Spacious lounge and air conditioning in both bedroom and living room which was a comfort when the temp. reached 28 C one day. The onsite facilities are excellent. Try Porkies for a great breakfast, lunch or dinner."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of April 2008

Just returned from Tenerife - scratchcar...

Reviewed Sat 12th of April 2008

"Just returned from Tenerife - scratchcard people now desperate - have been tightly restricted in Arona (Los Cristianos) so infest Las Americas - in particular Puerto Colon was appalling. Our parents were ripped off by these people so my husband tried to warn some tourists - was physically threatened (we both were) 3 times in half an hour by 3 different sets of these people - amazing how they seem really pleasant and turn really nasty when challenged! Latest hooks - hi guys, where are you from/ are you friendly british people/these are just discount cards for the market etc - the trick is to keep walking - once you stop they step in front of you waving their arms around making it difficult to get past if you have children. beware - we are trying to get our parents (in their eighties) out of the contract but it is not proving easy and Barclays bank not helping at all"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of April 2008

we have just returned from our seco...

Reviewed Wed 2nd of April 2008

"we have just returned from our second visit to sunset bay. it is well maintained and the apartment was comfortable with a large balcony. we found the sun inn was good on site for meals and entertainment. however we were allocated an apartment in g block , it is very steep from reception and there are no lifts on this complex so you need a porter to get your luggage up there. unfortunatly our apartment was burgled , as g block is next to the perimiter fence intruders can get in and out of the complex undetected, we were not the only victims! the resort staff moved us down to f block which was more visible and fitted a piece if wood to our patio doors in an attempt to keep out theives, however as the front door of our apartment on g block was left open by the theives i suspect that was the point of entry but the resort did not want to admit that. after 14 years of trouble free holidays in tenerife we will probly return because the weather is so good ,but its shabby and the streets are piled high with rotting refuse ase the bin men are on strike at the moment."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of April 2008

Hotels near Sunset Bay Club by Diamond Resorts

Top traveller tips for Sunset Bay Club by Diamond Resorts

• countryman by countryman

"The sign of a good restaurant is no-one trying to chase you in, and plenty of people eating there "

• hmgvs by hmgvs

"if you don't want to be kept awake late at night request a room at the back although that will be up a steep hil! "

Sunset Bay Club by Diamond Resorts is also called