Thanks for a great holiday.

Reviewed Wed 6th of October 2010

"We had our hotel switched at pretty much the last minute to Las Piramides.

Rooms were clean and tidy, ok the beds were a little uncomfortable but I'm not complaining. I don't expect the best. ( If I did I would book 4 / 5 star hotel)
Staff were friendly and helpful.

The food was what I expected and the deserts were good.

Pools were clean.

Yes there was some nights / mornings where there was noise but hey, everyone's on holiday here.

I read many reviews before I went ( many were bad )but I thought I'll go there with an open mind.

To me the hotel was a good all round place in a great location. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but I recommend it if your laid back and understand that it is a 3 star hotel and not the Ritz.

To all the Staff at Las Piramides. Thank you."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of October 2010

The worst place ever stayed

Reviewed Wed 15th of September 2010

"This hotel is the worst place I have ever stayed. Fact. The floors were filthy, bedding was changed once and towels twice. Cockroaches in reception and at the pool area, pools were not cleaned once and they had a layer of grease on the surface. It was repulsive. We were half board but had to eat out on numerous occasions as the food was barely
edible. Dark and dingy. SHOULD NOT BE IN THE BROCHURE."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of September 2010

get what you pay for

Reviewed Fri 13th of August 2010

"Two of us travelled from newcastle to tenerife sur at the end of june, 2 weeks, half board, las piramides. We were pensive about our hotel choice as we had read bad reviews prior to leaving, so we prepared for the worst. When we arrived, the outside looks like a prison, however, the inside is very nice and modern, the coridoors to the rooms are pretty long and dark.

The room was very clean but basic, the view onto the courtyard is not very handsome and it feels like everyone can see int oeach others room. The beds and pillows are pretty uncomfortable and after two weeks i deveolped back ache.

the location of the hotel is perfect, its is just off a busyish road, 5mins walk from the main nightlife and centre.

The main problem with this hotel is the food, please do not take the half board option, we found the food vile, we lived on chicken nuggets for two weeks, the majourity off guests ate of the childrens buffet. i only atteneded the breakfest once, it consisted of scrambled egg and streaky bacon which was pleasent,however, nothing to write home about.

overall,, the hotel is a great base to rest, however, please do not eat the food as it is vile and in sum cases we found it in-edible."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of August 2010

Don't take your kids here

Reviewed Thu 5th of August 2010

"had the worst week im so glad to be home the bedding was changed once but not even washed,the floors were never clean when i asked for a brush clean it mysellf the manager would not give me one,the food never changed it wasnt cooked right,the noise from other rooms younger people loud music every night my 10yr old not had one night sleep there it was awful manager didnt care says this is family hotel im telling you its not more like 18-30s then top it all off i had a theft in my room i know it was a cleaner this hotel should not be 3stars this ruined my hoilday "

• Travel date: Wed 4th of August 2010

It was ok

Reviewed Wed 11th of August 2010

"Nice enough hotel. Excellent location, 5 - 10 minutes away from a load of bars and restaurants, and the beach just down the road. My kids, aged 10 & 7, absolutely loved it there, jumping in the pools at every opportunity. We must have been put in a quiet part of the hotel, since we weren't disturbed once during our 11 nights there. We stayed half board, and the food was OK, just could have done with a bit more variety maybe. The cleanliness however did leave a bit to be desired. The bathroom was always clean, but the kitchen area and bedroom floors were a bit dirty.
Overall, I think I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and would definately go back there."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of July 2010

disgusting!!!

Reviewed Wed 28th of July 2010

"just back from this dump!! it was the worst ever rooms were never cleaned and bedding is only changed on a friday! so we had ours done once. very dark very dim lighting across all areas. lots of larger louts and silly little girls shouting and screaming all night long got fed up of seeing the so called security telling them off. not a safe place for children at all. no entertainment no bar and no laundry service although all are stated that these things are there! load of lies reps not helpfull just there to rip you off with tickets for theme parks . if u go to end of street u can get them 20 euros cheaper!staff are a joke not at all helpfull. siam park is the best if u have a free weeks pass be prepared to stand for 45 mins like we did as first choice dont inform them of this pass at all. the worst place we have ever been. food was just slops put out for hours before we ate once and once only at the hotel.would never recommened this awful place to anyone unless your single and want to be laid every nite because thats the type of place it is. people coming off street to use pool and the boys throwing booze into pool kids were that afraid they refused to go into pool, people staealing the kids things so make sure you nail everything down!! making a very big complaint and i will be looking for compo i can asure you all that. nothing good to say about the place was so glad to get home last nite. nice to have clean feet as floors were rotten not sure if they know wha a mop and bucket are, we paid £2,860 for a week and our neighbours paid £2,600 for 2 weeks cant get my head round that one! PLEASE DONT BOOK HERE YOUR WASTING YOUR MONEY FOR A VERY DIRTY PLACE"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of July 2010

18-30 holiday dont go

Reviewed Mon 26th of July 2010

"went to these apartments for a family holiday 9 of us including 4year old grandaughter,arrived about 9 o clock very tired went to bed to be disturbed by the 15 boys they had put in the next three apartment to us.the noise was from 1am to 7am in the morning.pool area was ok plenty of sunbeds.found out later this place use to be 18 to 30. Dont think playa de las americas is the place for a family holiday full of groups of girls and lads drinking lots and not knowing what they were doing.never going back worst holiday ever.(sorry did not want to mention what one couple were doing in the pool at 3am) "

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of July 2010

Keep ur kids away - hellhole!

Reviewed Thu 17th of June 2010

"We stayed here June 2010- why is this in a First Choice Families brochure?? It is so dark everywhere with miserable staff who are so ignorant and unhelpful. When we arrived our room was filthy - hair all in the sinks, beds and fridge and used plasters on the floor with dead cockroaches, luvly.You go down to the basement for all meals which is nxt to the carpark so no nice views whie ur eating just more doom and gloom. The bar is only open 6.30 - 9.00 during the evening 'meal' and has limited drinks - its more like a desk than a bar. The food is undercooked and greasy and put out at 6.30 and stays there till 9 so covered in skin and just horrible. Im vegetarian and had a choice of carrots, beans, salad and bread. Yum. At the welcome meeting the 1st thing u see on the reps desk is a sign saying 'come on our saturday(spelt saterday) nite **** up bar crawl( in a family hotel??) we were given a list of excursions to tick if we wanted- no info on them at all. Someone asked the rep what the entertainment was and her reply was there isnt any its crap here. Great- it says in the brochure entertainment programme, tv area, lounge, cafeteria - there is none of these. At night it is really noisy with clubbers coming back at 4am- we found out the hotel is in a german 18-30s brochure and this is the main clientelle stayin there. On our second nite i was kept awake by a gang of foreign lads- i watched them out of the window- they were lined up at the poolside having a weeing competition into the pool then threw in 4 sunbeds followed by 3 of them puking on other sunbeds. The nxt morning i went to complain to the rep but as it was sunday they didnt work till 6. The hotel staff didnt want to know and pretended not to understand so i had to ring the 1st choice 24hr line in the uk and asked for a transfer. This took 4 hours to sort and cost me £200 to move to a self catering appartment after paying for half board at las piramides. As i said this is not a family hotel, it is a filthy dark hellhole DONT GO THERE AND DEFINATELY DONT GO IN THE POOLS!!"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of June 2010

good holiday .may/june

Reviewed Thu 17th of June 2010

" mr and mrs m hardy.

me and my wife have just had a good fortnight at las piramides .the hotel was nice and clean,we had a large room on the first floor.we had a microwave ,2 rings,kettle and fridge.the cleaners hotel staff and cooks were all very friendly and the food was good. the first choice reps were very friendly and helpful,and the large pool was great.we went on a trip to loro parque and three times to siam park which we enjoyed."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of June 2010

the perfect holiday

Reviewed Wed 2nd of June 2010

"My wife and I stayed at the Piramides May 2010 and to be honest we could not fault it. The staff were always very friendly and helpful, the studio apartment was clean. We went half board and the food was what I would have expected from a three key apartment. Good choice and plenty of it. Its location is great for the beach and bars which saves a lot of walking. We are going back November 2010."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2010

Never Again !

Reviewed Mon 26th of April 2010

"OK - We were put in here by Thompsons last week when the Volcano stopped all flights. All fairness to Thompsons as we were ' Flight Only' with them fore finding us somewhere to stay. Emma the rep at the hotel was very calm alll the time and helpful.
Now, this maybe a little bias about the hotel it self but it was awfull!!

I have not checked the price but it was I presume it must be very cheep.

1 - The room was OK for 2 people - beds OK and self catering stuff OK -but the whole place is very dark and gloomy - dead insects in thre hallways were there for days despite thr maids tidying rooms every day.

2 - Breaze Blocks have been added everyway very crudly to add hight to balcony ways etc - looks awful

3. corridors very dark and gloomy felt like walking in a toomb

5. The food OMG it was swimming in grease most of the time - poor choise ( and apprently according to people who had been in the hotel the previous week was unchanged). Chicken was actually raw inside the first night ( and only!) we eat there - several people complained and Emma had to speak to the manager - also about serving under 18's alcohol.

Now the Pool was Ok - not too deep so my 10 year old could always touch the bottom and there was a good paddling pool there also.

I thnk what I am saying this could be OK if you are looking for a cheep place to stay ( as everyone said who stayed there but Please, do look around as there are much nicer hotels around)

One family said they paid £1800 full board for a family of 4 for a week, we had just paid the same amount for a 4 star all inclusive deal for a famliy of 4 and there really was not comparision.

Even if I was on a budget I would not stop there !

• Travel date: Sat 24th of April 2010

I dont know what people are moaning about!

Reviewed Fri 29th of October 2010

"i have just got back from a weeks holiday at las pirimides with my boyfriend. I thought i would write a review as the hotel has recently been renovated and under new management and is now no longer and 18's - 30's type hotel. the hotel is full of many family's and a range of couples from 20-80. there where no young groups of people stayin in the hotel and it was a very quiet and pleasnt stay.

the rooms where small but very clean and every room was light and airy with a big balcony. the corridors are a little dingey as it is an old hotel. however i dont expect u will be spending much of ur time there.

we stayed bed and breakfast and the food was reasonable with the same choice every morning. spanish bacon, sausages, beans egg, toast, jam, rolls, ham, cold meats and cheese, quassants ad a range of juice and hot drinks excuse my spelling.

if you are leaving late you can book your room for the remander of the day however this will cost you €30.

in genral this hotel was well worth the money, it was clean, the staff where kind and helpfull and the pool was lovley. what more can u ask form a hotel?"

• Travel date: Wed 14th of April 2010