Good

Lovely holiday and a lovely hotel.

Reviewed Thu 12th of August 2010

"After reading the reviews my partner and I were rather apprehensive about staying here. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived.
The rooms were very spacious and very clean. The rooms were well furnished and there were a good selection of crockery and appliances in the kitchen.
The reception staff were lovely and very helpful and friendly. There was a range of different things that could be rented from reception, and all seemed to be reasonably priced.
The pool was clean and well maintained. Sunbeds were always available although the apartments and the pool got much busier at weekends.
We only ate once in the restaurant, for breakfast, but the staff were polite, the food was lovely with lots and lots of choice.

The nearest beach was a 10 minute stroll away and the nearest restaurants and shops were literally next door.
We saw 2 cockroaches during our whole holiday, so hardly a problem.
We really enjoyed staying here. It was a lovely base for exploring Tenerife!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of August 2010

ok receptionist perverts, and cockroaches

Reviewed Sat 15th of November 2008

"the holiday was reali nice apart from the fact that the food was just and so bearable, i had cockroaches on my bed, and the receptionist the male ones kept trying it on with me, and attepmted with my friend, one would knock at our door and ask if he could take us to a special place, the other when i came back in drunk would try and take advantage. on our last day our flight wasnt until the following early hours of the next day, we were kicked out of our rooms at 11am with no where to go reali ,we werent aloud into blue room i think it was called until 8pm we were just loitering for hours and hours, it reali felt as if they couldnt wait for us to get out, plus with it all going scandavian there were new improvements happening left right and centre not fot the english whci kinda also made us feel like they didnt give a crap, but apart from that yeah it was nice"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of November 2008

Save yourself from a holiday to hell

Reviewed Mon 20th of October 2008

"My partner and I recently spent a so called all inclusive week at the Mar Ola 1 in Playa Americas; it was a holiday from Hell and I would advise anyone to avoid the place like you would avoid the plague. On first inspecting the room we were pleasantly surprised, then found that the room, bedroom and hotel in general was absolutely infested with cockroaches. Despite repeated requests to the hotel staff and repeated unfulfilled promises to spray the room we purchased our own spray and fumigated the room ourselves.

The food at this hotel was inedible and we spent the best part of 350 euros feeding ourselves for the week - some all inclusive!! This holiday was booked through Thomas Cook and, to add insult to injury, within 2 days of our arrival, we received a note to say that they had withdrawn the hotel from their brochure; this begs the question as to why they sent us there in the first place. The cost of this debacle was £984 for 2 people for one week and was without doubt a complete and utter rip off. I for one will never book through Thomas Cook again."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of October 2008

Cockroach Heaven

Reviewed Thu 16th of October 2008

"The staff at the hotel were very friendly. The all inclusive bar was great being that you are able to fill your own drinks without waiting

The rooms were very hot due to no air conditioning and to combat this you have to hire a fan (20 euros) for the week.

There was no entertainment to speak of but the quizzes and karaoke were fun!

In the evening the cockroaches were a nightmare due to no lighting around the bar area (apparently they were all broken). Even though guests sprayed their own rooms they still managed to get in somehow. There was also a terrible smell from the drains which was very over powering at night but it did seem to fade during the last two days.

Whilst we were there the hotel seemed to be replacing all the furniture for better quality and we were told this was because the scandinavians were expected and they paid more money than the British!!

The hotel felt very safe due to the fact that they closed the main doors at twelve but there always seemed to be someone to answer the bell even at dawn.

The food was ok but over the week they moved everything round three times and it got very confusing.

800 metres is perhaps not quite true to the beach but it was not too far.

Would i go back? Perhaps not to the same hotel but definitely to Tenerife."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of October 2008

Mar ola park

Reviewed Wed 15th of October 2008

"Hi everyone just got back from Tenerife for the second year running, Hotel was ok apart from the cockroches about the pool area at night and found one in my room during the night. That was after i sprayed the whole room with cockroach spray.
The food at breakfast and lunch was good, but evening meals where not so good.

No air con in the rooms was like a sauna at night because of the fear of cockroaches coming in i would not even open a window, so you can imagine the heat.

Did not stay in the hotel after dinner went out every night for the fear of seeing any cockroaches.

Hotel was getting refurbished at look really nice. Would go back if they installed air con. You get what you pay but for nearly £1000 for two for only one week, i thought it was ok but could have been better.

The good part is you pour your own drink and dont have to wait for it, staff where all really friendly. So all in all good enough holiday but would probably not go back to mar ola."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of October 2008

Mar Ola Park

Reviewed Sun 12th of October 2008

"Just got back from 2 weeks stay at Mar ola.Having read previous reviews I was dreading going, however I loved it.
The rooms were spacious and clean, the pool was lovely and the staff were great too and that included our rep Luke who was always around and very helpful.
The only draw backs would be that sometimes you had to wait for the food cooking(well we could never say it wasn't freshly cooked!)but the food available from the pool bar was super and served with a smile.

• Travel date: Sun 12th of October 2008

What can you say about the Mar Ola? mm r...

Reviewed Mon 6th of October 2008

"What can you say about the Mar Ola? mm rooms were very clean and tidy. Food - different but mostly edible if you like fish fingers, chicken nuggets, spam fritters etc (albeit we did eat out most evenings). There was no entertainment at all that we could see. Staff were excellent and friendly though. Only cockroaches seen were round the bar area in the evening but you expect that. Overall I must admit, I would stay at the hotel again as it was very central for everywhere. Just don't expect a la carte food

• Travel date: Mon 6th of October 2008

Found the hotel staff very accomodating....

Reviewed Sun 7th of September 2008

"Found the hotel staff very accomodating. Recommendations would be buy more plates and cutlery as found ourselves constantly waiting for clean ones to be avaialble at meals. I like to party but like to be able to return to apartments for peace and quiet not screaming and shouting from groups of youth in the pool at 2 o clock in the morning. Pool hours are from 0900-2100 but this is on occasions ignored to the cost of those with pool facing apartments. Staff at complex I felt do not get as much support as they deserve from holiday travel reps. Saw our rep on two occasions, first when trying to sell excurtions which as we have found on many holidays are somewhat cheaper if you go in to the town and book direct, then saw him again just before we went home. That said I wasnt too bothered as I had nothing to book with him. Food was satisfactory although fairly repeptative but hey I got a good deal price wise. Entertainment does need an overhaul, if you dont like volleyball during the day and karaoki at night you have had it. The man in charge of entertainment, wont mention names does his best though and I would like to thank him for dropping us off at a distant beach free of charge. Last but not least please give us holiday makers more leg room on flights. "

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

We have just come back from a 2wk holida...

Reviewed Sat 16th of August 2008

"We have just come back from a 2wk holiday @ the marola 2 and we had a fantastic time. There was 14 of us 6 adults and 7 kids and a baby of 8 mths. Tommy and Kitch are ace and the kids really loved them. On the front towards Los Cristianos is a bar called The players Lounge and there food is fab and really look after you. We even meet Ricky Hatton there. or if u fancy the other end by coconut joes keep your eye out for alibaba hes a looky looky but fantastic."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of August 2008

overly disapointed with the hotel, after...

Reviewed Sun 10th of August 2008

"overly disapointed with the hotel, after paying nearly a grand for 2 weeks the best thing i can say is that the staff were bubbley and fun, especially barry nobble the entertainment, what a legend that guy is, also luke the rep yet another legend at mar ola 1, the food was close to uneadable. when the rooms wernt full of cock roaches they were ok. i would reccomend the hotel pure and simply because the people you meet are fantastic, it would obviously vary to youre holiday but honestly there aint really any positives to this place, and offically it a 2 star which i think is to much, also if you do venture to the hotel, make sure you lock everything away, as the cleaning staff will theive anything from my gifts to friends back home to my friends underwear and socks, thanks for reading."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of August 2008

Couldn't fault the staff at the Mar Ola...

Reviewed Mon 4th of August 2008

"Couldn't fault the staff at the Mar Ola 1 very helpful and friendly.also Luke our Rep.Evening entertainment needed a little help aswell as daytime sports.just putting the volleyball net up and the goalposts out I didn't think was enough people that were interested needed a bit of encouragement which they didn't get.Barry was a good laugh though.
The hotel itself,rooms were spacious we did have one of the two bedroom apartments as there was myself,my husband and my two children age 16 and 13.The curtains could of done with renewing as they were a bit thread bare and a few cigarette burns in cover over bed, bedding and towels were all clean when we arrived.Cleaners came in often but did bare minimum wasn't noticable that the sheets were changed in the ten days we were there.Dining room was clean and airy although food was basic it was just ok.......Pool was very welcoming also no problems with anyone laying towels out around pool area.Lovely and relaxing during the day.
There were quite a few groups of lads and lasses all the ones we spoke to were very friendly and a good laugh.there was only the one group that were a bit noisy when getting back from anight out.
Read some of the other reviews it was a 2*hotel not any higher and I think that was what we got.there were a few cockroaches mostly lurking in the bushes around pool bar area of a night time.But I may add they were everywhere outside aswell.
Overall pleasant stay,met a few new fiends that we intend keeping intouch with.The hotel needs upgrading and a bit better menu.I didn't think we had a cheap holiday,although loved Tenerife would come back again but perhaps not to this hotel.sorry wouldn't recommend."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of August 2008

Brilliant hotel! loved it soo much, perf...

Reviewed Mon 7th of July 2008

"Brilliant hotel! loved it soo much, perfect for young couples and young single people. Maybe not for familys but it was still good, there were a few families there and they looked like they were enjoying themselves. Food was excellent, Entertainment was brilliant, staff were excellent. one of the best holidays iv ever had. plus the hotel is quite close to the veronicas strip and beach but not too close to it so its not noisy outside. overall brilliant hotel. definetly recommend it =D have a good holiday!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of July 2008