Mareverde

Torviscas, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife Spain

Good

brilliant holiday

Good

"We rented a private 2 bedroomed apartment in Mare Verde in May this year. The weather was fantastic and the apartment had just been refurbished - all mod cons, clean and comfortable. We were right next to the cascading pools and just jumped in for a swim when we got hot. The kids loved it. The Oasis baris child friendly too.
The beach was only a few minutes walk and lots of local shops. It was only a short walk to the port and there is a tourist market there twice a week to pick up presents.
Plenty of places to change up money and book trips. We went to the Loro park with the kids and the aqua park was a really good day out.
We have already rebooked for next year.
Jo and Roger (and kids)
Uxbridge"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of June 2006

Lovely complex

"I stayed here with a friend. We had a great time. the apartment was clean, modern, spacious and well equipped and right next to the lovely cascading swimming pools. There was a great resturant called the Oasis with really friendly owners, great coffee and reasonably priced drinks.
I was shocked to read some of the reports and felt I had to say what I experienced.
It was great value for money. Close to beaches and local shops. The low level style of the complex gives a feeling of space and tranquility. No loud music or noisey nights.
I would certainly go back.
Betty"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of June 2006

MareVerde is Terrific

"I really can't understand some people... OK so you booked a private apartment from someone and it turned out to be a bad one but that dosen't mean that the whole of MareVerde is the same.
My wife and I visit several times every year and stay in a privately owned studio on Phase 1 which is beautifully clean and well appointed... there is a balcony which overlooks the pools and a waterfall and it is just wonderful and peaceful.
Mareverde is an older complex and was built when there was nothing else around it for miles so the benefits of that are that the rooms are bigger than in most other complexes, the site is extensive and low rise and there is a massive complex of swimming pools and waterways.
The downside, I suppose, is that there is a never ending supply of maintenance jobs and I guess that if the people who posted the photographs, on a previous entry, had reported these issues to reception then they would have been dealt with, instead of leaving them for someone else to find.
If you are not accustomed to Tenerife it is easy to think that some areas are dirty... This is due to the sand and dust that blows around being volcanic black and settles inbetween paving and tiling etc. etc... this is not dirt and I can tell you that all Mareverdes pools are cleaned and serviced every week and the complex itself is cleaned every day.
Just to put the record straight... there was a problem with the swimming pools last year that lasted for around 6 months but during this time the large central pool was open. Now all the other pools and waterways are back in operation this central pool has close for a complete refurbishment after the excessive wear and tear it received.
I can tell you that there is a new management team operating on Mareverde and I am told that they are starting a refurbishment programme.
My wife and I love Mareverde and will continue to keep going back there... it is just a very short walk from two of the best beaches in Southern Tenerife and the many restaurants, bars shops, etc. of Torviscas are right on the doorstep... We love it..."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of May 2006

Terrific Holiday

"We were a bit worried about the negative revues but had already booked so took a chance... We were very pleasantly surprised to find that the apartment was really cosy and well appointed (K130) and the complex was really quiet and peaceful... we didn't see any of the problems that were reported... That is until we looked around the site... We were on phase 1 which was terrific... the higher we went up the site the worse things look... I can only assume that the complaints are coming from people staying at the top of the site (Phase 3 I think)... We will definitely be going back to this apartment and I would say that we hardly noticed the night club and sex shop as they are underneath and not very visible... we certainly didn't take exceptiion to them and have seen much worse in the UK. We booked this holiday on eBay and didn't know if we had done a good thing... I am pleased that we did ... thanks to Jane, who owns it, for a fantastic week (even though the weather let us down for a couple of days)."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of May 2006

Basic, Friendly, Good location

"Hello , I would just like to say as an owner of a apartment on the complex everything you read on this site is not exactly true.
The complex is in need of refurbishment . This is because the complex has been badly run for about ten years .Money was paid by owners but never spent on the complex ?
When the complex was built it was one of the best in the area. We just hope now that it can be brought up to todays standards.

Please dont write the complex off without all the facts. All our families enjoy it whenever they go."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of April 2006

superb

"arived back from mareverde april 16 had a great holiday will definately be returning later this year loved the complex dont know what part of the complex all the negative reviews came from wee were right at the bottom of the complex and never heard a sound loved every minuete of our holiday complex was brill cant wait to return and meet all our new friends"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of April 2006

Horrible stay at Mare Verde

"15 of us spent a week in the Mare Verde at Easter this year. We have all stayed at these apartments before but this time the complex has defintely gone down hill! The pools all need a good overhaul and the complex itself is in need of repair. We all said we will never return!"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of April 2006

improved

"mare verde as improved no end, since my last visit, the needed it, but i recomend it.
ideal for bars the beach and the pools are great. regards tony"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of April 2006

Be afraid, be very afraid!

"Just returned from the holiday resort from hell. I have been going to Tenerife for the past six years and have never seen such appalling upkeep of a complex, that is also apparently used by a well known tour operator. You only need to see attached photos, to see the kind of things I mean.
The pool outside our appt had bugs floating in it and the tiles were grey/black with mould. The piece of paper pictured, was there in the pool for the entire week! The childrens pool wasn't fit for my dog to swim in (although resident dogs thought otherwise!), the wiring left a lot to be desire (see photo) and there was a huge cockroach problem, quite normal in Tenerife I hear your say, but not when they are in your bed.
Approx 500yds from Sex Shop and lap dancing club, okay for some but not for families with young, inquisitive children!
Never again."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of April 2006

Cheap & Cheerful - Mare Verde

"Well - after reading all the negative reviews on this site I was dreading my holiday. We were pleasantly surprised. All the pools bar one were opened and spotless. Our apartment E8, was dated but adequate. Yes there was a few problems but nothing to spoil our hols. At the end of the day you get what you pay for. We paid £175 & at peak New Year you can't complain. Main thing for us was the apartment cleanliness which was fine. We fed some very friendly stray cats one of which was due to have kittens any day so if you see a wee silver tabby say Ola! I will admit some apartments did look a bit dodgy from the outside & there are 2 s-- shops on site so you just need to cross the road. The Chinese Restuarant at the roundabout (Lie Xhin?) was superb, all freshly made about £3.50 eat as much as you like. Overall loads of cheap bars and restuarants and an enjoyable holiday, we would go back."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of January 2006

lovely complex

"Mare Verde has undergone some major refurbishment and the complex is now looking lovely, the top pool has now undergone major work and is due to open in the next couple of weeks or so. There are plenty of apartments on there that are privately owned and are clean and tidy with all mod cons and at very reasonable prices. The only aroma I have smelt on the very odd occasion is when walking through the top gate near the bike shop but this is not different to any other unusual smell that you come across in Tenerife as their drainage system isn't like the UK's. The complex is quiet with no rowdiness as the majority of the people on their are residents. The pool bar is very reasonable and does breakfasts, snacks etc. Sunbeds are now free. The pools are lovely and one is heated near the pool bar.

It is very close to all amenities, restaurants, bars and shops and the Gran Sur shopping complex is just over the motorway from there. 5 to 10 min walk to the beaches.

Of course you will get the odd person who will stay in an apt that isn't to 'their' taste and they will moan about this, but you get them everywhere! Just make sure you get plenty of up to date pics of the apartments and you shouldn't go wrong!"

• Travel date: Sat 20th of August 2016

Don't believe the photos

"This complex is currently being painted, but the general areas are still waiting for a revamp and are worn and tired, especially the steps and walkways. The drains must still be attended to as their is quite an "aroma" on certain days.
The large pool in Phase 3 has been permanently emptied and fenced off and will not be re-opened. It has suffered structural problems that will cost in excess of €100,000.00 to fix which the Community cannot afford.
To sum up, there are better and more modern apartments to rent in this area.If you do go ahead then make sure your apartment has been modernized as this complex is around 22 years old."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of March 2015

Hotels near Mareverde

Stayed at Mareverde? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Mareverde

• jess1 by jess1

"mount teide for sight seeing and for restaurants i would say the bahamas "

• RonBristol by RonBristol

"Keep clear of Mare Verde "

• RonBristol by RonBristol

"Any restaurant that didn "

• Nick Allen by Nick Allen

"Great place to relax. Food, bars, shops, pretty much has it all and amazing beaches and weather. "

• Nick Allen by Nick Allen

"Seafood restaurants near Puerto Colon, & trip up to Teide. "

• tinydi by tinydi

"nice an hot, clean, peaceful, "

• tinydi by tinydi

"the pub, moonlight bar, siam park "

• tenerife love it by tenerife love it

"get to know the locals "

• Bexy_Boop_Holz by Bexy_Boop_Holz

"It is amazing worth the money clean and beaches 5 min walks are lovely and breathtaking "

• G Hannam by G Hannam

"book it now or sooner "

• yorkshiregirl by yorkshiregirl

"fantastic location, great complex "

• Jamesy by Jamesy

"Def try El Classico for food "

• David C by David C

"The entertainment provided in the hotels in the area is free entry to anyone - just buy a drink (reasonable prices) - Tribute to Elton John is fantastic - Red Grand Piano and everything. "

• manda jane by manda jane

"Book privately, get plenty of pictures. "

Mareverde is also called