We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Las Piramides

C/ Victor Zurita Soler, 4, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife Spain

If you can't BEAT them JOIN them

"Our room in this property was found to be very clean and tidy with the nice friendly cleaners coming in every day of of our stay, WELL DONE TO THEM. The reception staff were also very polite and helpfull.
THE DOWNSIDE, nobody told us it was a club 18 - 30 and we had to endure the constant noise of loud music, drunken teenagers shouting as loud as they possibly could, silly little girls screaming like 6 year olds and this was not only during the early hours of the morning but all day. It was like the idiots where on shifts. When the same noisy sods were alone away from the rowdy crowd they seem completely different young people with a bit of respect for their elders and some manners.
Please don't get me wrong, If I was that age I would probably be the same, you know been there and done that.
So if you do go there please be aware, YOU WILL NOT GET A LOT OF SLEEP !!!! Unless you go out at the same periods of day and night as they do. I DID and now I'm back home I can catch up on my lost sleep, If I can get used to the serenity. OH HOW I MISS THE NOISE AND LATE NIGHTS."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of July 2006

Extrtemely Dissapointing

"We were booked in by Thomas Cooks for Thomsons.We asked for a quiet holiday venue, and were told for our budget and location requirement, the Piramides was the one we should go for. They told us it was a quiet location until mid June.We went mid May. They told us the buffet had been discontinued, and a resturant service was available.What they didn't tell us that it was an 18/30s venue.There was hooliganism till 4am most mornings.The police were actually called in one evening/early morning.
The menu had been cut back. The chef told us that Thomsons had cut their budget, because there were only 4 half borders there.They couldn't even provide canarian potatoes (these were on the menu, and grown locally) and crossed them off the menu because we asked for them, instead of chips or baked potatoes.
The sweet was only fruit and ice cream all week.Some was tinned fruit ,at that.
The rooms were basic, and our patio door had been forced at some time.And, to add to poor security, time share touts and people putting bar/restaurant leaflets under our door were not stopped from entering the hotel and corridoors.
There were cockroaches in the room. The reps. weren't interested in our complaint. They said they couldn't do anything and were busy tending to the 18/30's, so they had to walk off from us and go tripping with the yongsters.
There is no air conditioning, but they want to charge you for fan hire if there are any left. We were told the hotel was quite until the middle of June, however it was noise hooliganism, and fighting from day one. Why do the tour operators condone this by continually running these holidays?
When we complained to the hotel staff, they offered to move us to another room, but that wouldn't have helped with the noise problem.
I couldn't go ther again unless there were substantial improvements in the favour of holiday makers.
It seems complaints were ignored. They have your money, and that's that."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of July 2006

Value for money

"My wife & I have just got back from a great time in Las Americas at Las Piramides & think there must have been a shake up before we got there.We were on the 3rd floor facing the pool & the room was a lot bigger & better than we were expecting after reading the reviews.The maids were in every day,beds made & towels changed .The Thompson rep gave a talk about out & about and the various trips but there was no hard sell.We have been to Tenerife 3 times & know our way about so did not need to book any trips.The pool terrace is a sun trap.1 thing got on my nerves was the manners of some of the younger crowd (lads) leaving fag packets,cig buts & glasses,bottles round the pool area for the staff to clean up. There are plenty of bins.We used to do 18-30 years ago and were a lot more tidy,it gives us a bad immage.Location is fantastic you can walk everywhere,just say no thanks to ticket touts.We walked to Costa Adeje & Los Cristianos well worth it.Night life round the hotel is fantastic for all ages,we are late 40,s.You can stay out till 6am if you want .Overall for what you pay its a great holiday & location.We have stayed in 4 & 5 star hotels all over the world & this was good value for money.The day before we came home the management left a thankyou card & a bottle of wine in our room,a nice gesture we thought."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of June 2006

What a disappointment!

"I was allocated this Apartment on arrival by Thomson Holidays on their auction deals. On arrival at the Apartment I was very disappointed with this Apartment. Not only was it dirty it was also terribly run down. Bearing in mind that I have a teenage son travelling with me, Thomson's rep was not sympathetic at all when after I have spent one night at the Apartment, I opted to checked out the next day to move into another hotel at my own expense due to the noisiness and terribly run down state of the room I was given. This Apartment is suited for young people who love to party and do nothing else but drink themselves to madness. I went to reception and told them that I was checking out and a very sympathetic reception staff offered to change my room to a quiter one. thinking that I have seen one I would have seen them all, I told them it was okay as the apartment is certainly not suitable for me. They still insisted and gave me a key pass to check out the new room. To my surprise the apartment room I was now given is totally different from the one originally given to me which is on the old wing. The new room on the third floor was clean and airy. I was thankful and stayed another 4 nights before moving out to another 4* Hotel down the road, Las Palmeras which is absolutely marvellous for family with kids!
All in all I was very disappointed with the way the Thomson rep handled the matter. They feel that I was a party pooper but I do have a young teenage son with me on the trip and I cannot stay in a hotel that have couples making out aloud at 3am and in the afternoons with their balcony doors open to let the whole world know about their lovemaking!! The hotel security could not even control this kind of noisy atmosphere. They find it entertaining mind you. I would never book any more holidays with thomson. This first one will be my last with them."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of May 2006

Bad reps

"just back from tenerife there last friday...have to dsay the hotel was basic but clean and the swimming pools were a good size that all we wanted really, cant comment on restaurant cause we never ate inn it but the menu looked fairly reasonable.

the recption staff are unfriendly and very unhelpful, we had one key to our apartment between four adultson the first night one of our party went home early then the rest couldnt get into the apaprtment when we returned so we had to pay 6 beurop for a key that only worked once........then on the third night more or less the same thing happened and it cost another 6 euro the next day an english member of staff informed us that we shouldnt have been charged this money as our key hadnt been lost an we could make a copy of the original for onlly 3 euro that would work the rest of the holiday.

the reps in our hotel were not one bit interesed in tellin us anything about tenerife never mind the area or even the hotel we were stayin in they were onlt interesed if we were going to book a full week of there excursions for 200 euro which they get commission on and they are also cheaper to book outside the hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all in all i would say the hotel is in an excellent location to bars,clubs restaurants etc..... but i wouldnt recommend it for families as it really is an 18-30 age group"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of May 2006

im loving it!

Good

"The location of this hotel, I would say, is second to none and the hotel itself is great. It has everything you need including two large swimming pools, restaurant (which we didn't eat in so can't comment on the food, but the menu looked nice), on site supermarket, internet (quite expensive I might add) and, most importantly, a happy hour at the bar!

I went with my girlfriend and we had a fantastic holiday overall. The apartment was nice and maids visited everyday. One of the main pluses of the room is that it had a TV with BBC1 and ITV – I couldn't believe my British luck!

Hotel is very close to shops and restaurants and I would have to recommend the 'Victory Bar' – an English pub one minutes walk from the hotel. Excellent entertainment and atmosphere. All restaurants serve lovely food - no complaints anywhere..(Recommend the filet steak at the tapas place.

The only downers was we saw one cockroach, but hey, you're in a hot place - what do you expect? The floor in our apartment was never cleaned. White socks turn to black if you catch my drift. Sun beds round the pool get filled quickly. Oh, and we only had one teaspoon in our room, which is the main reason this hotel did not get top marks. A valid point, I'm sure you'd all agree.

Definitely recommended for couples in the time we were there. Overall excellent holiday and recommend it highly. Will definitely be going back!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of April 2006

Very Good 2 Star Apartment

"My wife and I were quite impressed by the Piramides Apartments, considering the official rating of 2 Stars.
Our apartment was cleaned and bathroom towels changed daily. Bed sheets changed every third day. The standard of cleanliness in the public and pool area was excellent.
The small restaurant offered a good value for money buffet breakfast but a very limited dinner menu. The poolside bar provided basic good value burger toastie style snacks.
Entertainment (6 nights a week)in the bar was very good and varied.
We found the staff to be friendly and very helpful.
On the down side, noise reverberated around the corridors and internal courtyard, in particular between midnight and 3 in the morning.We would not reccommend these apartments to families with children as the noise and language can be quite choice as the 18/30's come in after midnight.
Overall we had an extremely good 2 week holiday in Tenerife, and the accommodation although basic was very good."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006

perfect base for your assault on tenerife

"as this hotel was only a 2 star rating in the thomson brochure i was very pleased with what i saw when i got there. very clean hotel with nice apartments just a 2 minute walk and youll be falling in to the bars. i would definatley recommend this to the younger clientle. about 800m to the beach,oh and the supermarket inside the hotel is quite cheap and they sell everything but dont expect to much from the staff there very grumpy. oh well but if your after nightlife then you carnt go wrong at this hotel"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of February 2006

this place is disgusting

"this is possibly the worst place I have ever subjected my family to.The room was absolutly filthy,no clean towels for a week graffiti carved into the furniture in our room.Minus 5 star.The boarding kennel our dog stayed in would have a BETTER RATING.The entertainment in the night was obviously very cheap or free."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of February 2006

Nice Apartments

Good

"We have just got back from Playa De Las Americas and stayed in Las Piramides Apartments. The hotel has lovely clean rooms. The maid makes the beds everyday and leaves plenty of clean towels. The supermarket is well stocked and there are plenty of sun beds round the pool. Two of us stayed in an apartment but a studio would have been ample. My only complaint is the temperature of the water everyone had the same complaint. We had to have luke warm showers or fill the bath and heat kettles and pans to warm the water. Maybe its better in the high season. It is a nice hotel in a good central location and very reasonably priced"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of February 2006

Urgent review needed of star rating

"On arriving at the Las Piramides we were disappointed at what we first encountered. Reception was like a downmarket holiday camp and not very clean. There was no provision for guests arriving late and wanting a snack, we had to go out to a restaurant at midnight to get something to eat. It is obvious this is very much a young persons hotel, very boozy and noisy with loud music thumping out most of the day and night. Our room was in a quieter part of the hotel just above the kiddies pool but disappointing as it was dated and shabby. Our cleaner looked after us and we had no complaints as to how our room was kept, the towels and sheets were changed regularly. The food was good on the whole with plenty of variety and we have no complaints regarding this either.

As long as you are down by the pool by 9 a.m. there are plenty of sunbeds. We spent our time round the kiddies pool as it was quieter albeit there were a lot of older 'children' horse playing in the pool with the constant kicking of footballs and with no obvious parental control, in fact at times it was the parents joining in. Parents were removing their little ones from the water as it became unsafe and we strongly suggest there should be a ruling that this pool is restricted to under 9's.

We did not go to the bar in the evenings, again very noisy with no atmosphere. We, as an older couple can fully understand that younger people want to have fun and enjoy their holiday but there is no consideration for others especially at night with rowdiness outside around the pools and in the corridors and rooms.

We will definitely not return to this hotel and would not recommend it either. Although not an expensive holiday it fell well below our expectations. Perhaps there should be more control over the behavior of others who seem hell bent on ruining other people's holiday by their lack of thought or consideration.

We have tried to be fair on our critique of this hotel but if you are of mature years and want a quiet holiday, this is definitely not the place for you.

• Travel date: Tue 18th of October 2016

7up cups for your wine!!

"Gordon Ramsey even you could not improve this hotel's food and catering!

The canteen is like a soup kitchen, clattering staff cleaning the tables as you eat and taking your plates away before you finish. The paper 7up cups that the cocktails, wine and beer were served in feels like you are at a kiddies birthday party!

The food was repetitive, same dishes served up each night but disguised in a different sauce. The chicken Paella appeared all week.

No atmosphere, just quick fast food. Stayed away from hotel and ate out after 2nd night it was lovely to have hot food served outside!!

Hotel dated, no free WiFi, pool overcrowded full of people getting pissed all day by the pool on cheap spirits served in paper cups. Hotel entertainment appalling, bar area reminded me of a station waiting room.

Would not return or recommend this to anyone expecting a little decorum on holiday.

• Travel date: Tue 27th of January 2015

Hotels near Las Piramides

Stayed at Las Piramides? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Las Piramides

• Tenerife 08 by Tenerife 08

"Dont expect much sleep the nightlife is amazing ... even in Nov!! "

• Tenerife 08 by Tenerife 08

"La Karina (by the blues bar) "

• LiLMissSunshine09 by LiLMissSunshine09

"love Rife tht much tht we goin back on 5th June 09 for 2 weeks party time bring it on :):) "

• LiLMissSunshine09 by LiLMissSunshine09

"La Karina and cnt remember name of the other one it was amazin "

• carolinest99 by carolinest99

"Dont book these ever, even if desperate!!! "

• carolinest99 by carolinest99

"Linekers best nite life, the whiskey jar best for food "

• joshlotcho by joshlotcho

"Near a nice beach, and lots of nice restaruants and goood clubs+bars down the road. "

• clairejackson1984 by clairejackson1984

"Loro Parque, Siam Park - both a must!! Martini Italian restaurant was superb! "

• Laurac by Laurac

"It's sunny and very chilled out "

• Laurac by Laurac

"The little train that goes round the resort "

• sparkman by sparkman

"we prefer the columbus across the road "

• nikki&adam by nikki&adam

"tenerife is a great place with loads to do for all the family. everyday i found another place to go. "

• hardy's by hardy's

"very friendly and plenty to do. "

• piggyfmb by piggyfmb

"never in a million years "

• summer123 by summer123

"its digusting dirty noisey hotel "

• Southern Chap by Southern Chap

"If you are going to complain about everything then book a 4 / 5 star hotel. "

• John and family from Basingstoke UK by John and family from Basingstoke UK

"Great for first timers "

• Yorkshire Boy by Yorkshire Boy

"It's great value for money "

• Vic by Vic

"If you want to see alot of the area start straight away-we were still finding new beaches shops bars etc on the last day!! "

• bucks by bucks

"stock up on food and drink on last day "

Las Piramides is also called