About Laguna Park I

• solarium
  • evening entertainment
  • entertainment staff
  • karaoke
  • electric vehicle charging station
  • kids outdoor play equipment

( 1999 reviews)

sunsave.com

Reviewed Thu 16th of May 2013

"booked accommodation on 30th April for 10 days from 8th august to 18th price on web site was 392.00 had no email from them to confirm my booking on 5th may got phone call asking when am i paying rest of my holiday balance off told them paid them in full she informed me that it had gone up by 404.00 pounds i refuse to pay extra costs when i asked for refund they refused i am currently fighting for my refund just stay away from this so called company they are cons."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of May 2013

Great stay at Laguna park 1

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Well we are going back to Laguna park 1 for the 3rd Time.....been out to Tenerife at least 11 times...have stayed in many hotels but find this to be the best so far.
The staff i found to be friendly and helpful.
Thr rooms are basic but unless you plan on staying in the room all day it has all you need.
Very clean and the house keeping can not be faulted.
Rooms cleaned every day but sunday while we were there.
Also staff cleaned the plants outside ..something i had not seen before in other hotels.
Pool cleaned everyday too..no sign in our room of roaches but did see a few dead ones out side which showed they were spraying regular.
Plenty of nice places to eat around the area ..didnt eat at hotel as wanted to exsplore .
Cant understand some of the reviews on here..cant think of any thing negative to say.
Daughter is out there next month with two toddlers..choose the hotel because last time she stayed in hotel next door (Tinerfe gardens) and checked out Laguna park and has stayed there since to."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of March 2013

Never again

Reviewed Sun 10th of February 2013

"Stayed in Laguna Pk 1 in November for 3 weeks it was a gift for my Birthday the very first night I went to bathroom and there was my biggest nightmare a Cockroach,my Husband got rid of it we complained to ignorant man in reception he just handed us a Cockroach spray every day after that we sprayed all the apartment and found dead Cockroaches nearly every day we used 3 cans of spray, I love Tenerife and will go back some time but not to Laguna Park"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of February 2013

very clean hotel you get what you pay for

Reviewed Mon 25th of February 2013

"arrived hear 17th september for 2weeks very lovley welcome by reception got to the room lovly room and what a view you could not beat the view i was staying with my mother and her friend went to the bar after grabbing the last 30 mins of the dinner got some drinks but found the vodka and barcadie watered down but just ask for a neat shot aswell the first week i was there did not spend much time in the hotel was down calla gerona road ware all the bars was and clubs were (when coming out of the hotel turn left and follow the road down and round to the right to the beach and you will find all the bars and clubs and the square) i would recomend scruffy murphys bar if ya like irish music live bands every night and at 130 am the karaoke starts mechelle will make you feel very welcome up on the karaoke and ricky at the front of the bar getting the public in is such a decent bloke made me feel so welcome i made this me local for the whole 2 weeks i was there the entertainment at the hotel well ive never seen anythink like it laura she so went out of her way to make you feel welcome even when i was going down to the bars on the front as i walk her down just before she went home there was 2 ppl a littel lost she stop and got of her bike and help them find there hotel what a star even the entertainment she went out of her way when some shows finished early she made a quiz up with in 10 mins just so us guests had somethink to do karen another entertainer there she allways made me feel welcome every time she sore me she rememberd me by name this hotel must hold about 250 ppl when full and it was was full as we could not even ask for a late check out every time she remberd me by name and that made me feel special so i thank you for that karen and nicole awww bless she had never done the bingo calling before and she done such a good job she was brill and the rifel shooting they do if there is a bloke called ken participating in it just leave cause he will beat you all and ken if your reading this your 1 decent bloke ive only got 1 down side to this hotel when eating in the resturant cheack that the meats are cooked as i ate pork 1 evening and it was pink and another night i had the chicken and that was pink and another night i had the burgers well you could see they was pink even before you cut them open but plz dont let this put you off the hotel tho most of the other food was gd but if you fancy a meal out 1 night pop down the TITANIC bar just 2 mins out of the hotel great food but just 1 last think laura karan and nicole your the best entertainters you so made my holiday just ashame i did not get to all the activerties ps laura im sorry ya got wet going down on the bullring tour and you was telling every one to look out as it was a littel slippery and u was the only 1 to slip up twice but all in all what a great holiday and i will be back next year"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of February 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE

Reviewed Thu 6th of September 2012

"I have recently got back from a 2 week stay with my 12 year old son. Very unhappy with the customer service. Wi-fi broken and when i asked, i got a very negative attitude from the guy at reception with a shrug of the shoulders.. and just told to go next door. I complained at a later stage and then told them i was going to complain to the people who i booked the room through and then they quickly gave the internet provider a call and got something done a week later. If i asked for anything a very cold feedback. You have to hire fans as NO aircon. I ask for a fan, reply was No fans.. that was it.. No fans.. no explanations, help or advice.. NOTHING.. REALLY rude... i ended up having to buy a fan. Pictures are very deceiving!! "

• Travel date: Thu 6th of September 2012

Good Apartments

Reviewed Wed 9th of May 2012

"My family and I have been visiting Tenerife for 10 years more than twice a year due to my family living out there. We have stayed in a few different apartments and have stayed in Lanuga Park 1 many times now. It is great value for money, you get a very roomy apartment whether a family of 4 or a couple. We have found all the staff friendly and very helpful also when my son had to be hospitalised, the man on reception sorted out a Dr to visit us in the room immediatly. Our room was cleaned every day apart from Tuesdays and Fridays, the general new arrivals days. I am suprised to read some of the bad reviews on here. We are booked to go again this October. In 2010 some wall tiles had been removed from a wall on the grounds and were replaced with new ones a few days later, (faster than the UK)! We had a faulty shower head last year so I reported it in the morning and by the time we returned in the afternoon it had been completly replaced with a whole new fixing. There is entertainment on nearly every night and it is displayed on the board in reception every day. I recommend 'Johnny Circus' who has won awards for his act on the Island. We have stayed BB here and the food has been fine esspesially when it has only cost 2euro a head when booking. You can eat out cheaply in Tenerife but may find the drinks can cost more, sometimes its worth paying a little extra on your food and getting your drinks cheaper if your staying out a while. There are plenty of resturants and bars nearby, I would recommend Fracies over Chaplins tho, even the owner of Chaplins eats elsewhere down the road. Also I do not recommend the Chinese on the same rd further down as the food is all burnt and there still happy to serve it but I highly recommend B&Q's Chinese on the corner. It's only a short stroll to the front and there are many ways you can go. Overall I think Languna Park 1 is good and in a decent position."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of May 2012

Average stay, very poor staff!

Reviewed Thu 28th of July 2011

"I have just got back from a 2 week stay at Laguna Park 1 with my boyfriend. We went all inclusive, and after reading the reviews were a bit aprehensive about the place, especially the food.

We found that the food was nice, however it was more or less the same thing every night (some things you could just tell were left overs from lunchtime or the previous night) and there wasn't a lot of choice as not many guests at the hotel were all inclusive. The desert consisted of a tray of brown bananas and if you were lucky sometimes you would get a tasteless cake, occasionally caramel. On the whole, food was OKAY but I wouldn't recommend going all inclusive if you get bored easily. Also, make sure you don't turn up in the last half hour of service at lunch-time because one waiter in particular has a habit of thowing a hissy fit if you do (i.e throwing cuttlery down, checking his watch and rambling on in Spanish LOUDLY)

The drinks... At the pool bar you are only allowed a small drink, so you would have to keep going back all the time. At the disco bar, there was a wide range of drinks available including sangria, mixers and cocktails. But beware! The main bar man down there treated us like his best friends for the first couple of nights and then one night he misunderstood something my boyfriend said and ended up shaking his tips jar in his face - "we take tips here", which we found incredibly rude, and from then on in he would completely ignore us and refused to give us bottles water of a night saying this was for paying customers.

Also, the all inclusive service stops at half past 10 and the entertainment doesnt start until at least 11 which is a bit of a pain. However, we found the entertainment good most nights, as there was bingo, a quiz and animal shows etc. Bingo is advertisded most nights but this isn't the case.

Another annoying thing about the hotel is that you have to pay for almost EVERYTHING.. a safe is 40 euros, TV is 35 euros for 2 weeks, 35 euros for a fan . . . there is no air con.. you had to pay for toasters, kettles etc EVEN PARASOLS for around the pool. The hotel has even stuck price stickers ranging from 3 euros to 7 euros for books people have left behind!

On the plus side, the room we had was a good size and was cleaned, however, most of the time floors where not brushed or mopped. To be honest I would not be suprised if they went in there most days for just a rummage round. We also had a balcony with a great view and we could see the swimming pool from our front window. The swimming pool was really big and there were no problems getting a sun bed, though everyone sticks their towels on them so you probably wouldn't get one if you went after 10am.

The hotel is in a good location, just a short walk into the town and there are two supermarkets right next door. I would recommend paying the bars over the road from the hotel a visit (Faces the Irish Bar and the Rumpot), the drinks are a bit pricey but the atmosphere was great and anything would beat the atmosphere and service in the hotel!

I would also recommend booking the twin ticket to Loro Parque and Siam Park (The Big Water park) as they are two great days out!

On the whole, we had a great holiday but this was probably due to the location of the hotel, the room, being with my boyfriend for 2 weeks etc rather than the service given. I have always read reviews were people moan about staff before and thought "Oh shut up, who cares about the staff being miserable" but this hotel has made me change my mind... 99% of the staff here are totally miserable and rude and it put me off my meal a couple of times and even caused us to resent going to the hotel bar, even though the entertainment is good. I would probably go back to this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of July 2011

nightmare

Reviewed Mon 4th of July 2011

"Just arrived back from laguna park 1 and will never return here again. we was a party of 16 mixed adults. We went self catering thank god, before we even booked in this hotel the management staff were getting us to sign a paper to say about behaviour, when we booked this holiday we was told this hotel was suitable for us and we soon found out that this was not suitable at all. the hotel staff were very rude if you wanted clean sheets and bedding you had to ask for it. i had a broken bed for 3 days then they managed to shift there butt and come fix it after reporting 3 times and also reported to rep. different rules apply to different people around the pool. it states no saving sun loungers with towels but everyday people did this and most of the 11 day stay we had no lounger, we was told no lylows or dingys etc in the pool but other guests were aloud. no diving in the pool the lifeguard was exstremely rude and loved his whistle. NOISE is not tollarated at this hotel at all you have to creep around like mice. whatch out for your rep soon as you get there trying to sell you excursions dont buy they are much cheaper out of the hotel we all got ripped of badly and your talking 2000 pound badly with all 16 of us. i also rang customer service 3 times cost me a fortune and not once did they return any of are calls. Also do not go out alone as my son found this out and got took down a dark allyway by what they call lucky lucky men , street sellers he was very shook up. do not stay here it is a nightmare hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of July 2011

Good place to stay

Reviewed Fri 17th of June 2011

"My fiancé and I stayed there sept 2010 for 11 nights. We went self catering as we are fussy eaters. Bar staff really friendly, evening entertaiment was always good. The entertainer was not I found him really rude towards guests! Room was cleaned every second day sheets towels etc. The only bad thing about the room was your feet was always dirty! You had to get up about 7.30am just to get a sun bed, some days you did not get. Always nice and quite at bed time. Great restaurants and bars next to hotel and good shopping centre about 3 mins down the street. I would recommend this hotel"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of June 2011

No better than a homeless hostel

Reviewed Sat 5th of May 2012

"Given a basement room on arrival with a 3 yr old, swapped to a second floor apartment which was filthy, scruffy, a black bath, screws hanging out of all doors, hadn't been cleaned properly for at least a year, grime all over kitchen, had no hot water for a week, try getting a 3 yr old to have a cold shower, all staff rude & unhelpful & very miserable. Dirty nappies left on the floor by the bar in midday sun for 3 hours, where people are eating, dirty nappies stuffed in top of lifts, never had a proper cleaning service, towels changed occasionally, pint glass & kitchen knife left in corridor outside our room, child height.

Bearing in mind if you are going on a self catering holiday, you expect a kettle & toaster, not at Laguna Park, these two items will knock you back 20 Euros, & i've seen better toasters go down the tip, it was filthy.

General opinion - dated, old fashioned, grotty, dirty - thats the whole hotel folks - not just our room.

We went to see Villa Adeje Beach hotel over the road - it's the dogs ******** compared to Laguna Park 1 & its cheaper.

• Travel date: Sat 8th of January 2011

No Complaints

Reviewed Mon 22nd of November 2010

"My main concern was the reviews about the food, but dont know if we were just lucky, iam a plain food man ie steak and chips which were spot on.
We were allinclusive absolute bargain will definatly go again, KIRK the entertainment guy was brill,DAVID & VINCENT were good craic the bar men, only thing that could be improved is the pool could do with heating
Room was cleaned everyother day as every body says you get what you pay for but i think we got much more"

• Travel date: Sat 20th of November 2010

great place

Reviewed Mon 18th of October 2010

"We went for 10 days..on arival we got a loively room.spacious with plenty of amazing views. short walk to get foot..highly recommended is Francis steakhouse and Chaplins..lovely food.except onsite resteraunt which was terrible.9euros to dine there and the food had clearly been there all day..not fresh and poor choice...plenty of bars and nearby clubs.. onsite entertainment was average but repetitive however great for kids.. bar staff very friendly especially vincent..thumbs up for him.. security guard on all night so very secure..lovely clean pool, with seawater . overall very good i would go again this was 2nd year running there ..loved it!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of October 2010

Hotels near Laguna Park I

Stayed at Laguna Park I? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Laguna Park I

• Molly7 by Molly7

"A great Holiday destination "

• sandd by sandd

"Great place ,but a bit hilly! "

• heather t by heather t

"loads of rest in the harbour worth a visit "

• tenerife tanstanstic by tenerife tanstanstic

"weather hot,lovely i can see why it a fav with many. out of all the places is relaxing .flatout.. "

• karenmoffatt by karenmoffatt

"Beehive Pub, St Eugenes, Monkey Park, "

• T James by T James

"A good, no frills hotel "

• bigbiffa by bigbiffa

"great all round resort "

• bigbiffa by bigbiffa

"enjoyed walks along peurto colon beach,the royal beach is a good restaurant down there. "

• Holly21 by Holly21

"Go its the best place ever! "

• lilyboyd by lilyboyd

"Aqualand , gokarting , hongkong restaurant "

• jodandy by jodandy

"was more costa adje then las amercias but that was a nice place also "

• tarragonwild by tarragonwild

"Avoid. Try to go to the north of Tenerife is more pleasant. Or even Los Gigantes, much better. "

• tarragonwild by tarragonwild

"Taking the local Titisa bus to take us away from Playa de las Americas. "

• lisaloveskids by lisaloveskids

"yes defitnley well worth a visit "

• lisaloveskids by lisaloveskids

"five or ten minute walk from the hotel dont know what it was called "

• melsere by melsere

"pack little home comforts "

• melsere by melsere

"chaplins, the harp bar. wigan pier "

• arrin1989 by arrin1989

"very good place to go and book all the time "

• steve by steve

"only for a cheap holiday "

• cass by cass

"Its cheap and cheerful "

Laguna Park I is also called