La Siesta Hotel

Av. Rafael Puig Lluvinan, 21, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Arona, Tenerife Spain

Excellent

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Stayed here for a week with my wife and 15 yr old daughter and i have to say it was faultless. we stayed in a double room (the bed was 6 ft by 6`6" and a dble sofa bed for my daughter with proper matress) which was more than sufficient for the 3 of us. The poolside entertainment was very funny with a young girl getting everyopne to join in games etc. We stayed on the tennis court side which was nice and quiet, plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. I would deffo recommend this hotel to all ages.

Now for my only bugbear, TIMESHARE TOUTS, i hate them with a passion !!!!!!! , they are always on the corner when you turn left out of the hotel, young cocky, chavy Brits who wont take NO for an answer, so i found the best thing to do is just tell them to --!!!!!.

Here to help."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

Fabulous

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"After reading other reviews of this hotel before we went quite honestly we didnt want to go!! All I can say is dont knock it until you've tried it yourself!!!! The hotel was super clean, the staff were excellent, if we had a problem they were there in minutes. The food was excellent and varied. Our room was lovely, the housekeeping was brilliant, clean towels every single day, room cleaned every day, if we wanted a lie in the maid just came back later, unlike other hotels where they dont bother!! Yes, the reception staff did get stressed from time to time and check in did take slightly longer than usual, but they got the job done and were very helpful when needed. We have stayed in almost every hotel in the surrounding area and this is the best by far. See you next year!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of May 2006

Can't believe this is a 4 star hotel and staff are really unhelpful

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"We arrived at this hotel expecting a superior room , what we got was an average room with uncomfortable beds . The terrace was tiny with uncomfortable furniture and was shaded from the sun all day. When i asked what made this room superior to the others that were all similar I was told i had a view of the pool.
The staff at this hotel were extremely unhelpful , the worst I have ever experienced.
REception staff were useless and constantly ignored you or spoke to each other in Spanish about you and not directly to me. The hotel adevertises golf facilities but when my husband asked about this he was told No No you have to do it yourself.
The food was extremely average and we constantly felt unfortable in the restaurant if we arrived during the later part of set times and often found that there was no hot food left and the chef had ceased cooking. The only bright light in this hotel was the doorman who was very friendly and helpful. The Airtours reps as usual were only interested if you want to book trips and not interested in helping with real problems.
We definately won´t be visiting this hotel again."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of May 2006

Nice location

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"I have just returned from a 6 night break to this hotel which I booked through Barbara at Phone and Fly------.
The hotel is in a nice position one block back from the seafront, although this is not the best beach in the area.
Hotel pool was good,no problem with sunbeds although the water was pretty cold.One thing to note is that the hotel do not allow any inflatables in the main pool, not even small balls so it could be a problem if you are taking teenagers etc.
Food was plentiful and quite varied.
It took us about 10mins to walk to Los Cristianos and similar in the opposite direction to Costa Adeje.
We took a boat trip to see Dolphins and Whales.This is a must as at this time of year although Dolphins and few and far between,Whales are in abundance and it was brilliant to see them all swimming around our boat.
Also take the Jeep Safari on the full day trip. It includes lunch and lots of steep mountain roads.Dont forget to take a hat as you are in an open top jeep.
All in all a good holiday and would recommend it especially for adults."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of April 2006

brilliat overall holiday

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Everything about this holiday was great. The food was fantastic with a great variety. The location of the hoetl was very central. The entertainmet and clubs were fanstastic. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The accommodation was spacious and comfortable."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of February 2006

worst nights sleep ever

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"arrived around eight p.m.Friday 13 Jan.One receptionist took about twenty minutes to book me in and appeared to ignore my request for a quiet room-finally told me room was on second floor but failed to tell me it was a walk of about 200 metres-could not find room on first attempt so came down again to reception when she told that I had not walked far enough around the building-all this with two suitcases-very tired- and no porter. Fridge contained remnants of food and drink from previous tenants.Turned in around ten thirty but soon awakened by night club/bar opposite room pumping out disco type music and drums until around four a.m. meanwhile chased cockroaches around room without success. Had booked for eleven nights but could not wait for reception to open in the morning to request for change of room. was told that Manager would not permit change of rooms-only possibly next Tuesday. so paid bill and checked out-they should have paid me!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of January 2006

Not Suitable for couples & in reality only a 2* Hotel

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"The hotel failed in every category that one could use to rate a hotel! Staff was sarcastic towards guest demands, communicate in English. (Lets face it once your there and paid you money they don't care!)There are cockroaches in the bedrooms! None of the suits have double beds! The rooms are not very clean, and they are rundown. The restaurant is a disaster! I've never seen a 4* hotel that serves food in a place like a school/military canteen! The reality is that every hotel has a certain set of customers. This hotel's customers should be young single people who are looking for a cheap holiday. The bedrooms are very noisy. This is due to the long hallways the connect the lobby area to the room (they are like a human motorway!). The reality is that who ever designed the hotel had one thing in mind. Fit as many people as you can into the available spaces, and they've accomplished this without taking into consideration the qualities that a 4 star hotel should carry!"

• Travel date: Fri 13th of January 2006

disgusting avoid like the plague!

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"we were booked to stay at the la siesta from 19th through to the 4th of jan.
we stayed one night, before moving to parque santiago3. if we could not have moved we would have flown home, it realy is that bad.
we were disgusted with this place, it was like a bad old peoples home!
There were no porters which I felt unbelievable for a 4 star hotel

We waiting in a queue for 1 hour and 45 minutes before getting checked in, with only one very unpleasant receptionist
We then had to wait an additional 45 minutes for an airport style trolley to come available before we could transport our bags to a filthy room
There are no double superior rooms in whole hotel, only twins,
The first room we were put into was filthy, the mats either side of beds were actual black with muck, the varnish was peeling of the woodwork, there were white stains on the bed cushions, and various stains on the bed spreads, the mirrors in both bedroom and bathroom were soiled.
We were finally put in a double room at the back of the hotel next to a generator and facing the sports courts which we were told were not used in winter, they actual commenced play at 8.30am
4 cockroaches were found in our bathroom on the morning of the 20th
The food in the restaurant was UN edible, the meat dish on dec 19th was spam fritters with carrot balls in water, worse than school.
All the restaurant chairs were badly soiled.
We are aware that we were not the only people not happy as whilst we were waiting to send a fax on the evening of the 19th, security had to called for as a German guest was going so mad about the place.
The hotel reminded me of an old people’s home."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of January 2006

Will stay again for sure!!

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Quick and simple!!
My girlfriend and I stayed for a week - booked through Globespan.
I am 31, she is 26 - both working professionals.
I assumed that Tenerife would be like San Antonio in Ibiza loaded with mess and embarassing Brits. This was only true for a very small area of Las Americas thank god!!
They call La Siesta a 4 star and it is.
Food very good, rooms very good, service very good.
If I go back to Tenerife - I WILL stay at La Siesta."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of January 2006

There are better hotels nearby

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We were a bit disappointed with this hotel for a few reasons. Firstly it is situated in Las Americas and not Arona as this website suggests. Las Americas is not a good location - no decent beach or restaurants, and the hotel is situated across the road from a very noisy pub that blasts out music until 12.30 every night.
Also the entertainment program at the hotel is truly dire - nothing during the day, mini disco 9-10pm, and then a show each night starting at 10.30pm which always involved people with no talent dancing around and then undressing to show off their underwear. No suprise then that the bar is very quiet because everyone goes out to escape!
There are other 4star hotels next door - I would rate them all superior to La Siesta from what we saw. Certainly better pools and entertainment. Tenerife Princess is the pick of the bunch, Bitacora a close second.
On the plus side the hotel is recently refurbished, so rooms are clean and nicely fitted out. Beds are two singles pushed togetehr to look like a double in photos, and if you book a room for 4 then you will be using the bed setee. Food was also ok but not upto normal 4 star standards eg. no pure orange juice for breakfast - you just get orange squash.
If we go again I would stay in Los Cristianos which is the next town around the bay. It has an excellent beach and up market feel - so much nicer than Las Americas!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005

Great Hotel

Reviewed Fri 23rd of October 2015

"We have just returned from this hotel stayed from 6th October to 20th in room 25. I had read various reviews about this hotel and all I can say to the negative ones is rubbish. The hotel is spotless, staff go out their way to make you welcome and very helpful. As for the food every meal time there was something different whether you want hot or cold food was BRILL (in fact we only ate out once at night as the food was that good). The dessert's were absolutely delicious and varied every night. I would highly recommend this hotel - it is handy for the beach, shopping and day trips. I cannot think of a negative thing to say about this hotel as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and will def book again next year."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of October 2015

read reviews before booking

Reviewed Tue 2nd of June 2015

"We have just arrived back home from our fourth stay at this hotel
We were really disappointed this time. Standards have fallen. Food was very poor quality, not good enough for a four star rating. On speaking to other holiday makers there, they all felt the same. We ate out several evenings. Did not cater for small children and the sweet menu each evening was the same. This spoils our holiday, not sure if we will go back"

• Travel date: Sat 30th of May 2015

Hotels near La Siesta Hotel

Stayed at La Siesta Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for La Siesta Hotel

• D Miller by D Miller

"Going back! - What more can I say? "

• D Miller by D Miller

"Spacious hotel with a lovely ambience "

• Martin, Coventry by Martin, Coventry

"Look out for the dancing fountains and the excellent entertainment in the bars and restaurants. Definately check out the Soul Suite. "

• sallylunn by sallylunn

"Dont book this hotel if you're expecting 4 star! "

• ChitChat by ChitChat

"Explore, shops, beaches and surrounding area "

• Devotee by Devotee

"Everything you would need is within sight "

• lola by lola

"Loro park and siam parks are a must!!!!! "

• D Miller by D Miller

"Get a taxi transfer to/from the airport - quick, cheap and easy with no boring excursion round the resort. "

• Helen G by Helen G

"Everything was excellant "

La Siesta Hotel is also called