Kn Columbus Aparthotel

Avenida Santiago Puig 6, 38650 Playa de las Americas, Arona, Tenerife Spain

Columbus Tenerife discussing

Reviewed 8 months ago

"Absolutely discussing hotel to stay at never again ever nothing good about this place had not water for 2 days 6th floor room 654 avoid at all cost"

• Travel date: Sat 7th of January 2017

Dissatisfied

Reviewed Thu 16th of June 2016

"This was by far the most disappointing holiday I have experienced. The staff in general were not , to say the least, pool bar better than the rest though . But in general no care for customer service/satisfaction. welcoming when arrived by reception naff. Told if want a drink, vending machines available... Always had water available at all inclusive before. Had to put a deposit down for air con... I mean REALLY! Kids club...... the reason I booked this hotel, non existent. Room so basic, nothing like the pictures on website. Kitchen being renovated half way through stay with no warning, meals/choice boring and very limited. Wouldn't go back. "

• Travel date: Sat 11th of June 2016

Columbus aparthotel room 117 AMAZING

Reviewed Tue 21st of June 2016

"Room 117 at Columbus Aparthotel was amazing it's the cleanest hotel and room Iv ever stayed in! The cleaning people changed sheets, washed the dishes and cleaned the room every day, had to put a towel on the floor because the shower leaked a little but that's it. Location great, friendly staff, Would recommend. "

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2016

WHY CANT YOU GUARANTEE A DISABLED ROOM WHEN YOU HAVE LOADS .

Reviewed Wed 11th of May 2016

"I have just returned from this hotel with my wife we went there to view it and to see what the disabled facilities were like . the hotel is great and they have about 15 fully adapted ground floor rooms for disabled people with full wet rooms etc and we thought it would be perfect for our recently disabled son who is paralyzed and in a wheelchair. he is only 21 so wanted to go somewhere lively with youngsters of his age. we came back home and have about 18 family and friends who want to come back out there on the 3rd of October for 10 nights . most of them have booked and paid for there holiday . we have been trying to guarantee with travel agents one of the many disabled rooms that they have but have been told that they do not guarantee a disabled room so i called the hotel myself and have just got the same answer so looks like there isn't going to be any holiday. What the hell is the point of having fully adapted disabled rooms when you cant guarantee one. we was told to book the holiday and request a ground floor disabled room but they would not guarantee that we could have one even though they have about 15 or more fully adapted rooms. totally pathetic and wrong . i will be following this up as it is hard enough to find a disabled hotel in the first place. if anyone else has had this problem then please comment if you can or if anyone knows of a good disabled hotel close to this one who they have used and can book disabled rooms in advance please let me know thank you . COLUMBUS HOTEL YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES IF THIS IS YOUR POLICY THEN IT NEEDS TO CHANGE!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of May 2016

Our stay 25/4/2016-6/5/2016

Reviewed Wed 11th of May 2016

"We stayed at this hotel and had a disappointing holiday, no sleep because of the noise until early hours, police called in twice, couples arguing and slamming doors. To be fair the hotel was clean and the cleaning lady for our room was excellent.did see a few small cockroaches but get that in canaries and mainland Spain. Thomson's rep not interested when we mentioned noise just said ring reception.group of lads kept a bottle of water fall off balcony just missing a little girl and from 4 th floor could of done serious damage . Too many drunks and loud guests spoiling it for others we wanted to leave after the second night. Unfair of Thomson to send a couple like us of later years and recommend it also when in fact it's more suitable to stags and hens. Blow up dolls on the balcony not a good look really. Ruined holiday will never go again.the shower also floods the floor cos the lip round the bottom part not deep enough"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of May 2016

INFESTED!

Reviewed Tue 26th of April 2016

"Looked great at first glance but from the dark the horrors emerged. In my room when the lights went out the walls became alive. Easily around a hundred roaches that I saw in a quick glance. If this wasn't disgusting enough the way the staff reacted was even more so. I told them about the problem an they said in a very rude manner I have no spray so I asked for a room change to which they said we have no room. (When I checked online this said there was). I then asked what am I supposed to do then the answer I got was go to bed. Obviously left the hotel and stayed elsewhere. Please avoid this hotel at all costs it nearly ruined my holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of April 2016

stay away from this hotel

Reviewed Mon 2nd of November 2015

"I visited Tenerife almost every year. This hotel was the worst one I've ever been to. The staff are very rude and make you feel unwelcome. Don't be surprised if you are shouted at!. I will certainly never set foot again at this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of November 2015

Over rated

Reviewed Mon 22nd of September 2014

"Myself my family and friends have just returned from The columbus aparthotel. I am afraid to say this hotel is totally overated. The rooms were very dated and dirty in big need of a make over. The hotel reception staff are not very helpfull at all and very rude, a lesson on customer service would be an advantage. However the restaraunt and bar staff were very friendly and helpful but unfortunatley we only ate in the restaraunt a few times as the meals were the same every day bland, basic, boring and always cold. There was nothing for children apart from cold chips and pizza. We were all Very dissapionted and would never return again."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of September 2014

worst hotel i have ever experienced

Reviewed Tue 29th of April 2014

"We have just got back after staying for two weeks at this disgusting cockroach infested noisy hotel. Our room had to be fumigated because there were so many cockroaches and we saw a cockroach walking across the salad bar and the staff just knocked it off n stomped on it...but the food wasn't changed. After that although we were all-inclusive we ate out for every meal. The noise from the room refurbishments was awful...constant drilling and banging it gave u a headache if u were trying to relax around the pool. Ive never been to any hotel as repulsive as this one"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of April 2014

great hotel

Reviewed Tue 10th of September 2013

"i have been to this hotel many times and i have to say i have never had a problem with it the staff are really friendly and you can have some fun with them .the pool area is fantastic with the bar right beside it i can not understand why people are complaining about it if you are booking a holiday do you people not read about the location it is on the main road through las americas of course its going to be very loud .The reception area is really clean and airy as are the rooms this hotel is in a great central location to every were. All i can say it was fantastic i trust me i work in the hotel industry and if you are looking for a good budget hotel this is as good as you will get and as of you who complain you should only look @5star accommodation and I am sure you will find something there to complain about as well .

Kienan norther Ireland "

• Travel date: Wed 4th of September 2013

Worst hotel my wife and I have been in.

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Room was kept clean, towels and bedding changed as required,but , and a big but,only 2 rings for cooking ,an oven or microwave should have been provided for a family self catering,Tv cost 1 euro per hour.Lifts kept breaking down, we had to use the staff lifts as we were on the 5th floor.Electronic door lock broke down and would not let us in.Staff ignored us when we tried to complain .A family who was self catering would have struggled .Fortunately we ate out every day so we only used the room as sleeping accommodation.The reception area and pool area was good during the day but noisy and crowded at night with drunks ."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of March 2013

good value hotel

Reviewed Fri 11th of January 2013

"we are returning to this hotel for a second time soon.too many people expect five star luxury at three star prices. food good, hotel clean,
the odd late night noise, but your on holiday what do you expect.we met other families and had a great time.so listen to all the negative views,a holiday is what you make it."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of January 2013

Hotels near Kn Columbus Aparthotel

Stayed at Kn Columbus Aparthotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Kn Columbus Aparthotel

• billythegasman by billythegasman

"The jungle park and siam parks are best things to do 10 out of 10 each. "

• kay M by kay M

"fantastic place for all ages "

• sandra B by sandra B

"the area is ok and everywhere is clean local buses are the best way to get about "

• kimee by kimee

"Dont stay at the Columbus "

• kimee by kimee

"Chinese Buffet around the corner "

• Paulalouise by Paulalouise

"loro park,jungle park and the island tour was good "

• ABC-x by ABC-x

"IT IS DISGUSTING, NEVER GO. "

• dar5165 by dar5165

"good place to stay, plenty of shops est "

• dar5165 by dar5165

"whale watch in los chrisianos "

• B3th by B3th

"Jumping Jacks, The Mett Bar, Downunder, Linekers, Flirtz, "

• monkey's are us by monkey's are us

"good location lots of bars "

• dylan J by dylan J

"chinese buffet facing hotel "

• Lalle1 by Lalle1

"There is a chinese restarant (Khong Tsha) which is superb "

• tanyacat by tanyacat

"Loved tenerife very freindly good bars and cafes "

• tanyacat by tanyacat

"Los chritianos bees knees "

• "The Jersey Cow gives a great night out with some wonderful artists in particular comedy Elvis "

• DKA1997 by DKA1997

"I would tell them that The Aparthotel Columbus is an absolutely great hotel and you have to visit. "

• DKA1997 by DKA1997

"The best activities were Loro Parque, Los Cristianos, Teide and going to all the lovely shops. "

• hambo53 by hambo53

"wonderful place with lots of stuff to keep you amused "

• hambo53 by hambo53

"The Giddy Goose and Bens Bar both awesome "

Kn Columbus Aparthotel is also called