Just returned from a very enjoyable week...

Reviewed Sun 2nd of March 2008

"Just returned from a very enjoyable week in Tenerife. This hotel surpassed my expectations it was kept spotlessly clean.All communal areas were really nice and comfortable although the rooms could do with an update but these again were cleaned daily.

We were on the ninth floor I personally would have preferred to be a little lower but having spoken to a couple (who have used this hotel for 15 years) was advised that it is probably better to be a little higher particularly in the summer months.

Food although a little repetitive was very good you would never starve and even my fussy eight year old managed to find something each day.

The staff were generally very helpful and friendly .Especially Sarissa the kids entertainer and also Carole.

The entertainment was of a very high standard in the evenings some very impressive groups.

The kids club was very much the same each night but this is from an adults point of view my daughter thoroughly enjoyed her self.

Check out jungle park the bus leaves from outside the hotel every day and its free!!

Loro Parque also worth a day out.

The video on this hotel does not do it any justice as it was made in 2005. The road outside the side of the hotel has been pedestrianised so we didnt hear much noise at all from traffic
or anything else .I would gladly visit this hotel again and recommend it to all families."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of March 2008

We have just booked to go to this hotel...

Reviewed Tue 22nd of January 2008

"We have just booked to go to this hotel again this year as it was really good last year.

We had a family room which had 2 big double beds which was great as we have a daughter of 15, she loved the hotel and made many friends.

My son and his girlfriend are coming with us this year also and cannot wait as we have told them how great it was.

If you get a chance please go to the Star Bar across the road it is great for entertainment at night or if you prefer you will get the live footie matches on one of their many TV screens....

The staff make you really welcome and they do a great breakfast washed down with if you like a really cold bottle of miller. Fab."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of January 2008

Our 4th visit to this resort but 1st sta...

Reviewed Tue 15th of January 2008

"Our 4th visit to this resort but 1st stay at this hotel. The Bouganvilla Playa is in a fab location only 5mins stroll either way to the Torviscas area and Playa Americas.

The hotel is excellent rooms are spotless, clean towels and sheets every day, the staff were very helpful at cheerful, the food was also excellent, plenty of choice for anyone's taste.

We had a great view of the pools and sea. Plenty of sunloungers enough for all.

We will definitely be returning to this hotel in Nov 2008."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of January 2008

Just returned from this hotel and it was...

Reviewed Wed 9th of January 2008

"Just returned from this hotel and it was great. Plenty of room around the pool, the food was excellent and the staff were so polite and friendly.

Entertainment was typical hotel but there is a karaoke and entertainment bar as well as the lounge bar although the sound system in the entertainment bar is crap. Rooms a bit dated but everything else was superb.

The surrounding area is great for entertainment do try the theatre bar across the road it is superb.

All in all a very good Xmas holiday."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of January 2008

This is a lovely, friendly family hotel....

Reviewed Tue 8th of January 2008

"This is a lovely, friendly family hotel. Great food, for all age groups and it feels really relaxed. All the staff are great too - particularly Mariano and Patricio who ran the entertainments. They were brilliant with my kids and had a good sense of fun. We have booked to come back again in 2008 and are bringing friends too. I came back from my week feeling relaxed and like I had had a proper holiday. It is very clean and laid back."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of January 2008

I love this hotel so much that our famil...

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2007

"I love this hotel so much that our family come back year after year. I have been coming here since the children were small. I have seen each refurbishment only to make it better.

It is a quiet hotel but not that quiet that you cannot make friends. I have come to make friends with staff and I have come to admire the 'older' gentleman on reception ( I think he is the manager) who makes us welcome and remembers us every time we arrive and gives us champagne with compliments in our room every year (except this time- not sure why we did not get it this time though).

I am not sure what his name is but he is a’ Gem'.

The restaurant staff have also become our friends ‘Domingo' he is so friendly and looks after you and is so fast on his feet and always smiles. I praise him all the time. Also 'Elvis'-not sure if that’s his name but we have nicknamed him that. He is polite and has a kind smile they serve our drinks with a smile and they deserve a medal for what they do.

The food in the dining area is always displayed beautifully and the food is excellent. The entertainment is good when we have stayed in for the evening, and the waiter/waitress service is always good (but they could smile a bit more- they look like it’s a chore). The pool area is good. But the second pool overlooking the sea is fabulous.

I miss the drinks hut not being open during our stay there (between the 7th dec and 14th dec). The small bar service for food is good and in the shade, but preferred it better in the open.

There was no traditional singer and banjo players in the dining room anymore on Fridays. I enjoyed it when they were there, it was lively. The hotel rooms are cleaned on a daily basis but the sheets on the bed were not always changed and I had to ask for clean sheets and pillowcases. I am not picking fault as I love this hotel so much.

I wish I could afford to stay longer. The beaches are great and the sea is a picture. I love the weather and the people there. I would love to eventually retire there."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of December 2007

We have just came back from Tenerife, we...

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2007

"We have just came back from Tenerife, we stayed at the Bouganvilla Playa. There were five adults and a baby.

The resort was excellent value for money, the staff were brilliant always helpful and pleasant, the resort was spotless, towels changed whenever you requested, food great, everything about this holiday was good.

I would just say although the rooms were adequate they could do with updating, but this did not take anything away from my our holiday.

I would not hesitate to return to the same hotel. "

• Travel date: Sun 9th of December 2007

My family and I visited the hotel late S...

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2007

"My family and I visited the hotel late September and were very satisfied with the hotel close to everything and plenty to do

There is a large choice of food for all and plenty to do all year round thanks to the onsite entertainment team, staff are friendly and always willing to help no matter what time of the day or night.

The only downside to the hotel is the rooms, the public side of the hotel is immaculate as it has recently been redesigned but the rooms did not see any of that redesign.

The rooms are still as they have been for the last 10 years at least. The rooms are spotless and the cleaners are friendly and very hard working and clean the rooms daily and there is not really anything wrong with the room other than insufficient plug sockets and the main problem--- the bathroom.

They are tiny unless you are on a higher floor there really isn't any room in there to swing a cat because of the oversized sink. There is very little room to use the toilet which is behind the door squashed in the corner at the side of the sink.

My mum spent the whole 2 weeks of the holiday head butting the marble surface as a result ended up covered in bruises. When reported to the rep they couldn't really be bothered.

All in all the holiday was enjoyable and we may even go back again in the future but have a room with a bigger bathroom."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of October 2007

My boyfriend and I visited this hotel in...

Reviewed Thu 13th of September 2007

"My boyfriend and I visited this hotel in July and were pleased with every aspect about it. We are both in our early 20's. The food was great, something different everyday and lots of choice.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and polite. The room was also spotless and very clean and had a lovely pool and sea view.

We always managed to get a sun bed around the pool. The beach is also very nice for those who like the beach and sun beds were always available.

The veronica's strip is only a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel and have some good pubs for those who fancy a night out, but beware of the people working there trying to get you to go into their bars! Very in your face!

Across from the hotel are some nice places to have lunch, especially the star bar! Very friendly staff. Overall we enjoyed our holiday and would definitely go back without a doubt.

• Travel date: Thu 13th of September 2007

Just back from ten night’s holiday at...

Reviewed Sun 5th of August 2007

"Just back from ten night’s holiday at the Bouganvilla. I must say that I think this hotel would be a very nice three star, not a four star hotel.

The lifts at meal times was a problem ,I found it easier to walk the five floors than wait in the queue.

The restaurant was ok nothing special ,food was the usual fare a bit boring after the first week. The staff from cleaners to desk was very good.

The hotel is a bit dated now ,past its best but spotless. Had to get up at 7.30 to put towel on sunbed which was a chore, I felt like a sardine cramped in the pool area.

Overall we felt like we were at a Superfamily hotel, with almost 500 rooms I think it’s too big a hotel on 13 levels.

The best thing about the hotel was the central position. Would I recommend this hotel ? Early or late season maybe not peak summer."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of August 2007

I was really pleased with the hotel. Itâ...

Reviewed Fri 27th of July 2007

"I was really pleased with the hotel. It’s in a fab position right on the sea. Ask for a pool view and you normally get a brilliant sea view as well

It’s very clean and well maintained. Food was good, lots of choice and varied every night. Little touches like the champagne on check in make a difference.

TV has BBC1 and ITV as well as sky news and a fridge in the room, which was good.

Has a lovely open air bar at the back of the hotel overlooking the sea which is lovely to sit out in, in the evening.

I would definitely go back and have recommended it to a number of friends."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of July 2007

A nice 4 star. Would return. We have fou...

Reviewed Thu 28th of June 2007

"A nice 4 star. Would return. We have found the service with Iberostar Hotels very similar so we were not disappointed. Being a very fussy individual I would not give a 9 or a 10, as there is always room for improvement.

Service was good although there were the few 'Grumpy' waitresses!

Food was again reasonable, I wouldn't say it was fantastic, but it was fresh and presented well.

Room was in a nice position, great view, but the cleaning wasn't up to my standard, few stray hairs behind the loo that kind of thing, nothing major though.

Pools are great, with there being two there was no immediate rush for the sun beds which is always nice, although you always get the few 'Idiots' that tried to reserve the night before for those 'Key' spots next to the sea!

There was a large amount of elderly people that have obviously been going back for many years, all of which were very happy to be in the glorious sunshine.

We looked at the other Iberostar in Tenerife, apart from the new Iberostar Grand (which it is, I feel a 9 or 10 coming on after a stay there) I would say that this one is the better for position and locality (and price) and that is saying something as we love Adeje and the beach at Fanabe. (which only cost £3 quid to get to in a taxi)."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of June 2007