Good

Be aware of scale of work

Reviewed 24th April 2018

"We are currently staying at the hotel having been here last year. Whilst I cannot fault the staff, rooms or food the pool work is major. It has been leaking into the shops below and so they are 're lining the whole pool with concrete. There is constant noise from 8.00 am until 6.00 pm and to add to the disruption they are drilling drainage channels in the balconies above the second pool. I appreciate that the work has to be done but jet2 told me they were "replacing tiles" Do not believe it will be completed anytime soon I suspect it will continue well into the summer. Jet2 were not honest with the scale of the works prior to us coming."

• Travel date: 6th May 2017

Rep Excellent

Reviewed 30th September 2016

"Stayed here for 2 weeks, had health issues and the representative Jan Wood was excellent. The hotel was lovely and the staff very good. Food very good and always something you could find to eat. "

• Travel date: 27th September 2016

Worth the upgrade

Reviewed 22nd February 2016

"We have just returned from this hotel. Been here a few times before, but this was the first time we went prestige. It was just perfect. Enjoyed the exclusive areas, and as always the staff were helpful and friendly . The whole hotel is spotless. Being situated on a hill gave way to fabulous views. Room was air, light and clean. Was good to have an entrance at the bottom of the hill, made things a lot easier for us oldies. All in all everything was so good going back this winter "

• Travel date: 22nd February 2016

Bouganville Playa Hotel Fantastic Holiday

Reviewed 22nd January 2013

"The Bouganville Playa Hotel is situated in an area that just suited our holiday tastes. It is situated over the road from the pubs The Pheasant Plucker and The Theatre Bar. The Bouganville also has brilliant entertainment every evening. The food is fantastic with every type of dish to suit everyones tastes and superbly cooked. The view from the Hotel overlooking the sea is out of this world. Just a few hundred yards away to the left are bus stops and a taxi rank to take you to the markets, Los Christianos or the water parks and zoos. The hotel is overlooking the promenade and a lovely beach below. It also has a rooftop on the 11th floor for sunbathing. We have re-booked this one for March 2013"

• Travel date: 21st January 2013

Fabulous Hotel!

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"I have been staying at this hotel now several times a year for the past ten years. I find the staff so friendly and helpful and the food is amazing, plenty of variety and always fresh. The entertainment team do a fantasic job day after day and no matter what your taste is there is something to keep you entertained. The staff have rarely changed over the years which must show what a great working relationship they have. I do agree the bedrooms need an upgrade but who goes on holiday to sit in their room! The swimming pool is a great size and there is never any problem finding a sun lounger! I feel like it is my second home and hope to continue going for many years to come."

• Travel date: 20th November 2012

Reviewed 5th September 2012

"After staying in this hotel for a number of years, I have always had an excellent experience. On arrival, we are greeted by welcoming, friendly and polite staff, who offered us a free welcome glass of champagne, not to mention a spotlessly clean and welcoming entrance. Rooms are clean, tidy, slightly dated but comfortable and with plenty of room. Bathrooms are spotless and cleaned daily by the maids. Balcony views are gorgeous, we had a lovely view overlooking the swimming pool, sea and resort. Food is exceptional, we stayed half board, and had so much variety on both breakfast and tea, you really cannot fault it. For lunch, I recommend Pepes Cafe, a short stroll away, for delicious food and excellent value for money. A good variety of entertainment, ranging from professional entertainers to the Hotels own staff, which is extremely impressive!! All staff members are extremely friendly and polite, offering top class service at all times. I would recommend this hotel to all, small children especially, as day and night entertainment is perfect for them, including the Kids Club. I feel 100% safe in this hotel, it is a firm favourite of mine and I cannot wait to return in May 2013. "

• Travel date: 5th September 2012

very pleasant staff, decent clean room

Reviewed 22nd June 2012

"Well, we have just come back from a holiday staying in this hotel. We found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was of acceptable standard but we were put in a room above the airconditioning units (20 in total) and was therefore very noisy at night, but i guess someone has to stay in those rooms:) The food was absolutely delicious and as much as you can eat , even on half board basis (our choice of board)with plenty of choice. The staff put on shows most evenings and there is entertainment for the little ones during the daytime and early evening. The location of the hotel is ideal if you want some life, but not full on disco after disco (americas is the place for that)."

• Travel date: 22nd June 2012

A good hotel but not 4* - yet!

Reviewed 14th September 2011

"The first thing you about the Bouganville is that it's very big! It does look quite dated as well. The entrance lobby is dark and not particularly welcoming. However, the reception staff are very good and we received a welcome drink which was nice. We were in room 610 and from the first trip up I noticed that the lifts were slow. This hotel has 13 floors for these lifts to visit and it should be quicker than it is. Our room was as expecetd, not big but a comfortable size for myself and my 15 year old son. Initial view is that the decor is in need of livening up and the furntiture is dated and a bit tatty. However, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and tidy. Check that the air con works! The service team are very prompt when called. The view from the balcony was good and the noise when the doors were left open was not invasive at any time. I would request that you avoid low floors so that you get a better view. Our courtesy room for the last day had a good view of the lobby roof. Meal times are an interesting experience. The hotel is big and there are many guests. Breakfast time can be a bit of a pain as food seems to be prepared in advance and then left to cool off. My son said the pancakes were like rubber and I just stuck to fruit. Here's a tip, go out of the hotel and turn left, walk 200mtrs to The Scotch Corner cafe and have a full Scottish breakfast and a mug of tea - excellent on every occasion. Evening meals were lovely and we were always satisfied. There was an excellnt choice and catered for all tastes. The Paella and langoustines were particlarly good and my son loved the roasts, the fish and the desserts. Well done Bouganville. The Spanish guests can be pushy at meal times so stand your ground. Nobody seemed to mind when I was prompt with them. All of the restaraunt staff are very helpful and courteous but overworked due to guest numbers. Less good was the hotel entertainment. We tried it twice and it was disappointing. The Queen tribute show looked promising but oh dear. I'm a fan and it was hopeless and we left after 3 very poor songs. This was Friday night and we left the hotel and saw a very funny commedian (Billy Porter) at The Star Bar over the road. Yes, he likes his language but he was not offensive and had a full house in stitches. By far my best entertainment rocommendation would be to walk along the sea front to Torviscas and visit The Moonlight Bar. We saw The Blues Brothers and comedy Elvis shows, both excellent and the bar has a great atmosphere. The brochure said the beach was close, shame on you Thomas Cook. Leave via the back gate and walk down a steep hill, running the gauntlet of trip touters, to what is not really a nice beach. Instead stay by the large pool as this is very clean and cool on hot days. There are plenty of beds to go around. You still see the mad rush for prime spots in the morning but this is quite funny rather than irritating. You'll get a bed no problem. We did not try the pool bar as the prices are steep. Use the large underground supermarket (Mercadona) that is left out of the hotel and across the road. Overall, we've had a great holiday. The hotel did not make it great but is a comfortable place to stay to enjoy Tenerife. You're 10 minutes walk from Siam Park and about the same from the harbour. There is so much to do and that will make your holiday great. The area around the hotel is good value for money and I was never disappointed. So to sum up: Negatives: A big hotel with slow lifts. Needs a refurbishment. I'm undecided about the long trouser rule at dinner time though. Positives: Excellent loaction for all amenities Good pool. Comfortable rooms. I would recommend this hotel as a good place to stay"

• Travel date: 13th September 2011

Iberostar Bouganville Standards sadly dropped

Reviewed 16th June 2011

"My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Bouganville Playa and what a shame the standards in the what once was a lovley hotel have plumeted. Since the introduction of all inclusive it would appear that everything is now done on the cheap. The standard of the food is very poor. Although there is plenty of selection there is no expression and nothing different. The long haired blonde waitress who normally looks after the first few tables on the left after the first dessert display is nothing more than arrogant, rude and makes it more than obvious that she is only there to get the money. Apart from not getting one word out of her the whole two weeks dispite the fact I speak spanish she never once looked us or anyone else in the eyes or smiled. On that basis alone I won't be going back to this hotel as it made us feel as though we were in the way all the time. The cupboard doors in the restraurant were filthy as were the metal poles above the food displays. They were full of dust and had clearly never been cleaned. Just short of 2 euros for a 500ml bottle of water way too high The rooms lacked everything really. We were not told that we were being put in a smoking room and by the time we had relised it was too late as we had unpacked. The rooms were shabby and in need of an update. The furniture is very old and spoils what could be very nice rooms as they all have very good views of the pools and the sea. If you have children they can go to the mini club and give you a break. I got the feeling that if you were all inclusive then bring it on, if not and you were paying full wack, tough. Won't be going again. Oh and the touts trying to get you to eat in their joints drive you insane. Even if you tell them you have eaten they try to get you in to drink. Some of them can get nasty so beware because the moment you step out of the hotel grounds they are there. Also Shortys bar over the road very loud music every night."

• Travel date: 16th June 2011

Great Holiday!

Reviewed 21st March 2011

"My wife and I have just returned from a week at this hotel. Like some other reviewers we had dispareging remarks about this hotel and we were a bit unsure what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised. Everything about this hotel exceeded our expectations. The staff were courteous, helpful and always had a pleasant word. The common rooms were very clean and the reception staff were very efficient and made you feel very welcome. There are two pools, one heated and a childrens pool. The entertainment put on a number of daytime activities but were not insistent if you did not want to join in. Rooms were clean and towels were changed daily. Food was good and there is a good selection, something for everyone. Entertainment was good with guest artists and the team making up the rest of spots throughout the week. As we booked through Thomas Cook I would like to say a word for their rep Kayleigh. She was very pleasant, efficient and good in the information she imparted. All round a very pleasant week in a very nice hotel.. Well situated, close to beach and all amenities."

• Travel date: 21st March 2011

What a pity standards have slipped

Reviewed 1st February 2011

"I stayed at the Bouganville Playa with my wife in April 2008 and in my private comments, which I keep, I stated the hotel was excellent and well situated. I returned there this month, i.e. January 2011,but my feelings have somewhat altered. The hotel is well situated, the common rooms are immaculate and kept in prestine condition, the staff are beyond reproach in the service they give and my wife and I have nothing but praise for them. However the room furniture is very tired and needs replacing, although the supply of fridges in the rooms is excellent,and the food needs a definite uplift. The breakfasts are good(the supply of coffee pots and tea pots very good ) but the lunch and dinners we feel are poor to very poor. It is a pity that such a lovely hotel has let it's standards slip in this way. "

• Travel date: 31st January 2011

Great holiday & hotel !!

Reviewed 11th January 2011

"Fantastic holiday experience .. i was 18 at the time and my boyfriend 19 we loved the room just enough space and was very clean, cleaners in everyday to change towels which I was really happy about. The resteraunt meals are good different selections for many people with large buffets. The drinks are expensive we drank mostly water at meal times to save but bars close by arent as expensive. The hotel staff were nice, pool staff were very friendly also. We have just recently booked up to go back for my boyfriends 21st with 2 friends aswell. RECOMMENDED **** "

• Travel date: 9th January 2011
  • ...

Hotels near Iberostar Bouganville Playa

Top traveller tips for Iberostar Bouganville Playa

• by Brian48

"Wait for later in year"

• by BillyJoSpearsFab

"Take a travel kettle if you are half board"

• by Sarahb748

"A 10 minute walk away is the incredible Siam Park, and the beach is a 5 minute short walk, a safe family beach."

• by g.e.h.

"hotel good except for food"

• by Cat

"Also from hotel to water park is 15min walk ! Best hotel ive been to so far cant wait to go back."

• by smile 09

"Christys bar and the Star bar"

• by MeganandEmma

"Loro Parque is a must see!"

• by MeganandEmma

"The nightlife is good, and always a friendly english person to help you!"

• by E.J.Wiles

"must go to ''LoroPark''"

• by E.J.Wiles

"not really for the dissabled,o.k if u don't want to go far when your there"

• by tompuss

"The sailing day to see dolphins"

Iberostar Bouganville Playa is also called

• Iberostar Bouganville Playa Hotel
  • iberostar hotel bouganville playa
  • iberostar hotel adeje