HOVIMA Jardin Caleta

Avenida Las Gaviotas, n.32, 38660 La Caleta, Adeje, Tenerife Spain

Good value for money

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We have just arrived home from what could only be describe as a perfect family holiday. Our children are aged 10 and 5 years and had a wonderful time which in turn enabled us to enjoy ourselves even more. Accomodation is very spacious although the kitchen is extremley small with just 2 rings and no oven, however the fridge is a decent size and it's just so cheap to eat out there who wants to cook! Our room was situated right next to the pool which was very convenient and our balcony had a beauitful sea view. Staff very friendly especially reception always smiling and very helpful.

La Caleta is beautiful, turn left out of the hotel and you have PDLA with hundreds of restaurants turn right and you have the prettiest of fishing villages with 5* restaurants we were so shocked! what a contrast! Had a fantastic meal is Pisces over looking the bay - reminded me of "The Cliff" in Barbados and there is a very trendy Italian Wine Bar Restaurant that serves amazing Pizza's. Perfect setting for a romantic meal for two while the little one's play in the park situated right by the restaurant. Our little Annie made so many friends she loved it.

The pool area is lovely no saving of sunbeds any time of the day you would get some although at weekends it tended to get a bit busier as the spanish come for weekends. Met some lovely people alot are repeat guests and I can see why. We are definately going back it's great value for money and for once I feel like I've had a holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

Hotel with a twitcher

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I have recently returned from this hotel with my two children after spending 11 days here.
I was encouraged to chose this location after reading comments from other TripAdvisors.
Please note this hotel 'DOES NOT HAVE AIR CON' in any of the rooms. I knew this when i had booked and what a regretful and fatal decision I had made especially during the height of the summer.
I had pre booked transfers to the hotel through Holiday Taxis. I suggest make your own way to the hotel. There are lots of taxis at the airport and it will only cost you about 25euros.
My first expressions of the hotel were excellent. Very clean and situated in a lovely quite part of Costa Adeje. I pre-booked an apartment and had an excellent view overlooking the sea. My room had two balcony's, large fridge and two electric hot plates. There is a safe in every room and it will only cost you 3 euros a day + returnable deposit. There is also TV in every room but the TV channels are boring. The only english channels are BBC World and Sky News. No film channles available. The beds are 'Hard as Rock' and without no Air Con dont expect a good nights sleep. A complete nightmere for me. I eventually fell asleep at about 5am.
I had gone Half Board and i must say the food was satisfactory. Eat as much as you can handle. Breakfast was OK. I suggest take your own mug and tea bags especially if you like your tea. Also be prepared to entertain the two or three pigeons in the dinning room and duck your heads when they fly above you. The manager must be a 'twitcher' and didn't take any notice they were there.
The pool is wonderful and very clean. The afternoon and evening entertainment is 'terrible' and a huge let down. Its 'Hit and Miss' whether you get ok entertainment or not. The worst part of the day were the evenings. Kids were running around being a nusiance and most of the residents seem to stay out of thier rooms due to the rubbish TV and sweaty sauna rooms. There is Internet (3 terminals) but the hotel charge 1 euro for 10 minutes. 'Rip off'.
During the day if you decide to go into Costa Adeje or Los Americas ect then catch a bus. Every 40 minutes outside the hotel. It will cost you 3.75 euros for 3 people one way. However u can walk along the seafront. Lovely walk and it will only take you 30 miutes to get to the busy areas. The hotel offers excursions at an expensive price. Go through 'Direct Bookings' you will find these across from the Esmeralda Hotel in Costa Adeje. A lovely English Lady owns this and is wonderfully helpful. Please avoid the Aqua Park. Rubbish and a waste of Money. Spend your money of the Island Tour. Excellent value for money. You will visit the volcano 'Breathtaking' (cable car not included) and visit the north of the Island all for 17 Euros per person. Collection from the Jardin Hotel. Dont go on the Mt Teidi excusion only as it will cost you 14 Euros plus 22 euros per person to go on the cable car. If you eat out then make sure you visit the English bars and resturants along the seafront.
Overall the holiday was ok. The evenings were a nightmere. No air con and poor entertainment and much needed company was a let down especially during the height of the summer. If you go by yourself as a single adult with children it can be difficult and lonley unless you can find english speaking people that are approachable. The atmosphere was miserable especially in the evenings. I suggest you take a playstation or games for the kids when you go. Some consideration and improvements by the hotel would remove ones attitude "I cant wait to go home".
Last thing there is a small supermarket next door. Very reasonable and some bars and resturants nearby.
Please email me if you need more info. Rob"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of August 2007

Nice saty!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My dad booked this holiday in March after seeing the good reviews put on trip advisor...We arrived at Jardin Caleta at around 11.30pm as we arrived the reception staff were very friendly and sorted us out straight away in our room...they were lovely every day too.Our apartment was very clean it was overlooking the ocean and Los Cristianos.On the second day we had an ant proplem we went straight to reception and they sorted out the proplem straight away.The food is good...friendly dinner staff.Swimming pool is very nice not to busy out of peak seasons...very clean and great fun for the kids and adults.The hotel has no air conditioning so I would advise to hire or bring a fan as it gets quite hot in the nights.It is a good walking distance(15-20 minutes) along the beach to Costa Adeje and Playas de Americas. The disappointments were the entertainment and the beds the entertainment was very poor for children and adults and the beds are not very comfortable(thats is if you prefer soft beds).Television is ok only two news channels for english-speakers.I would recomend the island tour for all the family it takes you all around the island stopping to see sights such as Mt.Teide, the volcano. Puerto dela Cruz and the Black Madonna in Las Catillas.Overall it was a brillant hotel nice and peaceful.So enjoy!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007

Great hotel

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"When we were planning our honeymoon and trip to Tenerife we only wanted to avoid crowded places and to be in a quiet hotel, but still to be near where there is life. After reading all possible comments on this hotel, I´ve decided this is the one, but the only thing we were worried about was the location, as everybody said its far away from "everything". Price more then acceptable, so I wasnt quite sure what to except.
After all, we found the hotel perfect for young couple, where you can enjoy and relax in quite area, and from which you can easily walk to Americas and all other areas.
Hotel staff were very kind and polite, unfortunately we didnt get a room with seaview, so just try to book that one in advance.
Fish restaurants near the hotel were amazing, we so much enjoyed their sea food and also staff were very friendly.
Simply: if you want some peace, but still be near living places, this is the one, and especially as price of the hotel is really more then acceptable !!"

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of March 2007

good-value family hotel

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We had a great holiday staying at the Jardin de Caleta. The hotel is very good value, clean, with good food (when you want to eat in) and good amenities. The hotel's evening entertainment was good for children. It is definately a family or elder person's hotel, quiet and laid back.... not a good place to go if you want it lively.
The resort itself had some great fish restaurants and a good beach bar, and was near enough to Americas to offer variety if needed.
We went on an excursion scuba diving with the Ocean Dreams Factory which was excellent and thoroughly recommended. Having never scuba dived before we had 1 on 1 instruction, felt totally safe, and yet still saw and swam with sea turtle, ray, angel shark and numerous varieties of fish."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of February 2007

The best value in Costa Adeje

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"Just got back from seeing in the New Year at the Jardin Caleta (part of the Hovima Hotels group), this being my second visit to the hotel. We flew into Tenerife South (Reina Sofia) Airport, which is a 30ish Euro taxi ride, in about twenty minutes.
As expected, we had a great time and found the hotel staff to be very helpful and polite - we even got invited to the New Years Eve Dinner, free of charge. The hotel is in an excellent location if you are after peaceful surroundings. It's far enough away from Playa De Las Americas to be quiet but close enough (a 30 minute walk), if you fancy a change one evening, and the beach is just across the road (literally).
What I noticed is that staff are visibly cleaning/maintaining the hotel on a near constant basis, which is reassuring. It's certainly evident given the clear water in the pools (one of which is heated), and the pine fresh scent of the room after the daily maid visit. The room itself is quite large, comprising tv (but you have to rent the remote to operate it), two hobs on which to cook basic things, fridge, safe (costs 16 Euro to rent the key), two single beds pushed together and a balcony. All kept in tip-top condition. Most balcony views with either be to the hills or the pool and I didn't see any rooms with a bad view during either of my two visits.
The hotel also offers a pool side bar that does really cheap and tasty food on a lunchtime as well as broadband internet access near the internal bar at one Euro for twenty minutes.
So, I'd recommend it. It's definitely good value for money - try medhotels.com as they have great rates and unusually for an online agent, have in resort reps.
Only thing to note is that during school holidays, it can be blighted with children (it was last week), but on my first visit in June, there was just a coach load of pensioners and they're no bother at all.
Finally, don't forget to sample the delights of hospitality at 'The Open Arms' pub which is on the same complex as the Jardin Caleta...Dave and Steve cook great food and whatever they don't have, they'll try and get - aka Steak Pie!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of January 2007

Good Value for money

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"I have stayed at this hotel twice, once in Dec 2005 and again in Dec 2006.

The hotel is generally good value for money.

The second time we had an issue where the room type we had booked was not available (we booked a 2 bed, but got a 1 bed).

Location
I think the location is great but it depends what you're looking for!
The hotel is in La Caleta. It is opposite a bus stop, taxi rank and a (stoney) beach. There is some sand provided on the beach and there is also a beach bar. La Caleta has one really good wine bar and four good restaurants. There are other smaller bars too. If you want to be in th centre of the nightlife then this isn't a location for you. I think the location is great as you can join the promenade which runs from Los Cristianos to La Caleta. It is therefore easy to walk to other restaurants and bars (or get a taxi if you're feeling lazy). It is possible to walk on the promenade at night - it is lit. It takes 2-3 hours to walk to Los Cristianos but less than half an hour to reach the bars and restaurants at Costa Adeje - it is a pleasant walk. From La Caleta, the next resort is Costa Adeje then Playa de las Americas and then Los Cristianos.

Rooms
The rooms are basic but clean. You're not paying for luxury. Most have good sized balconies. We had to ask for wine glasses and a corkscrew but these were provided without trouble.

Food
I would rate the food as average. Some nights it was great, other nights it was disappointing. The restaurant lacks ambience.

Hotel Bar
I didn't use the hotel bar as it was generally full of kids - great if you've got them but not so good if you don't!!! The bar was also very smokey. This did not impact my enjoyment of the holiday though as there is a great wine bar five minutes walk away."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of January 2007

Pleasant stay

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"Dave & Lynn
15/11/006
Just returned from tenerife (first time)
stayed at the hotel jardine caleta (self catering)

the hotel was very clean the apartment large and airy with good facilities .
The staff were very helpful throughout the hotel
The pool was very good with a good snack bar and life guard
on the third floor is a spa bath with sun loungers
There is also a roof terrace for the more quieter sun seekers
There is also a tennis court and childrens play area at the back of the hotel with staff to assist.
four pool tables. table tennis. etc.
I found the food a little below average but that might be me.
The entertainment in the hotel was poor and with the area being quiet not a lot to do. we used to go into other resorts by taxis

as we walk a lot the path outside the hotel starts you can walk all the way to los chrisianos by the sea (about 3hrs) well lit at night
the buses are cheap and taxis the same

overall a good holiday

good weather. sea. sand plenty to eat and drink

What more can you want

Hope this helps we will return there

Dave"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of November 2006

Excellent all round

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Just returned from 1 week self catering holiday with my husband and were both pleasantly surprised. The hotel was everything we hoped for. It was in a lovely quiet location, well out of the way of clubs, pubs, British food etc. The hotel was very clean, lovely clean pool area (1 children's pool plus 2 others) and the rooms very large. There was no shortage of sunbeds although some people still thought is necessary to reserve them. There was a well stocked supermarket and a cash machine at the hotel. There were also 3 small restaurants plus a British pub(for those with withdrawal symptoms) just outside the main entrance. Within a 5 minute walk were another 6 excellent restaurants (including 2 busy fish restaurants). It only took 10-15 minutes to walk along the sea front to get to more restaurants and shops. I would reccomend this hotel for anyone wanting a quite, relaxing holiday away from pubs, clubs and British food. We would certainly stay there again"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of October 2006

terrific tenerife

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"3-10-06 - 13-10-06
jardin caleta aparthotel, i must say was one of the cleanest places i have ever been, they tested the water in the pools with a kit every single day. Room service was 5 times a week. everyone was impeccably clean and staff were very friendly. i cant comment on the food as i was self catering. the apartment i had number 149a was a huge double room when there was only 2 adults and 1 small child, it was great having all that room. although room situated over the poolside dining area it was very very quite, and closed at night time.the beach was dissappointing as no sand, just large rocks, so had to go to los cristionos beach. the aparthotel was situated far away from playa so had to hire a car, i suppose you could walk there but not with kids as to far approximately half an hour across beaches and up to an hour by road. The pools were immac clean and as usual some people got there towels out by 8.30 but you dont need to as loads and loads of space and shade there. a must in tenerife is loro park hire a car and get there its fantasic. And to eat out try la travorria pizzeria in playa near mare nostrum on the corner, fantasic food and value for money. All in all fantastic holiday weather was 28-34 everyday, i love tenerife and jardin caleta aparthotel and will be back next year."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of October 2006

l thought it was a good hotel but there...

Reviewed Mon 11th of August 2008

"l thought it was a good hotel but there was a lot of ants in our room the kid did not like it they where all over there beds and would not sleep there anyway there is a good irish bar round the corner good banter and a short 5-6 euro trip will take you to the main beach overall 10 out of 10 ;-)"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2008

What a lovely hotel. Very Spanish orient...

Reviewed Tue 17th of July 2007

"What a lovely hotel. Very Spanish orientated but that is a right bonus. 5start food in a 3 star hotel. What a choice. About a hundred different dishes to choose from every night and I seriously am not exaggerating (this is a large complex and visitors will know what I mean). Paella, pizza, salads, rices, 5 different fish dishes and about 7 or 8 different meat dishes, plus pasta chips eggs sausage etc....my mouth is watering just remembering. Something for everyone.

Your apartment was luxury. Very spacious with a kitchen and lounge and a dining table and 2 large bedrooms with safe included. We had TV kettle cooker etc.... Even though we were half board which was very good.

Staff and guests were extremely friendly. Although there were very few English families the Spanish made us feel very welcome and loved the kids.

Quiet at night which was unexpected as there were lots and lots of families.
Believe me I am a light sleeper but we slept with the patio door open in our adult bedroom.

The pool was a nice size and very clean. Entertainment was good and drinks were reasonably priced. A short taxi away from playa de las americas (£4.00 equivalent approx) which we did every day. A small beach bar hut out the front every night that played lovely relaxing ambient music whilst the kids played volley ball with their new Spanish friends.

I loved this hotel and will definitely be back again. What a relaxing holiday with a bit of action in the day for a few hours (just the sort of holiday we all wish for).

• Travel date: Tue 17th of July 2007

Hotels near HOVIMA Jardin Caleta

Stayed at HOVIMA Jardin Caleta? Share your insight.

HOVIMA Jardin Caleta is also called