Hacienda Del Sol

Avenida Arquitecto Gomez Cuesta 5, 38650 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife Spain

great time

"im 59 my wifes 45 our daughters 15.
we had a great time rooms cleaned daily good bar area not many facilites for night entertainment, bar staff speak very good english ans very courties overall great time had
you would have to watch ay peak season has a lott of young uns get in there"

• Travel date: Sat 13th of October 2007

Loved It

"Just got back from a week at Hacienda Del Sol and me and my boyfriend loved it. After reading reviews saying there were cockroaches in the rooms i was worried but when we arrived we realised that was a lie as we never saw 1 cockroach in our room for the whole stay. The rooms were very clean and the maids would come in every day. The pool was small but wasnt a big deal. Bar Staff was very friendly and drinks were cheap. Only problem was that there was no late check out so u have 2 book a courtesy room for the last day which u only get 20mins in. I would defenatly reccomend it to younger people in the high season but if your a family or older there aint as many young people in sept/oct."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of October 2007

Please Read for an Honest Reveiw!!!

"Well what can I say about this hotel. I really don't know where to start. Myself and 5 mates have just arrived back yesterday from staying at the Hacienda Del Sol, and all I can really say is AMAZING!!!! these apartments are very clean and are in an excellent state. If you're looking for somewhere to stay that's a stone throw away from the main strip, then this is the place! You couldn't get any closer to the bars and nightlife of Tenerife. The other great point of the location is you can hardly hear any noise from the strip. The only noise is from other guests of the apartments, but as your on holiday, you should be joining in with them anyway! The staff are so friendly and helpful, the only problem we had was asking the night security staff for a pillow and ended up getting a taxi ordered for us! But this was an all round excellent holiday with great apartments and central location. You couldn't ask for anything more!!!!! ignore what other people have said and the reviews written because 95% are complete rubbish, and the thing about the cockroaches, it's the same anywhere abroad!!! please feel free to contact myself if any more info is wanted."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of July 2007

Excellent

"This was my first holiday without my parents and I am soooo glad i chose Hacienda becauase these apartments are just FAB. Me and my cousin (both 18) were a bit worried as sum reviews had said this hotel had so many cockroaches, but all i can say is NOT TRUE...i had not seen one cockroach so please do not listen to that.
As for the situation Hacienda is loacated on, it cud not b anymore perfect!....bars/clubs are literally 2 minutes away and the beach is jus a 5 minute walk (or less). There's a supermarket next door which has all the required items. As ours was a Self-catering room it had al the cutlery needed which was great.
the recpetion is open 24hours which is ideal if you want to leave your key with them at night, the staff are very friendly and the maid came everyday to clean the room. our view was great as we could see the pool and that made the atmosphere very lively which is just what we needed.
there was a small TV with only a few channels but who goes on holiday to watch TV?!
SO overall all i can say is if u r going for a lively holiday then chose Hacienda del sol because they're reasonable priced and very convienient!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of July 2007

Fantastic

"Excellent value for money.
Apartment was clean spacious and tidy. We had the biggest balcony avalible! absoultly massive!!

Hotel right in the middle of all the action...close to everything.
Maids cleaned everyday except sunday.. Pool cleaned every morning.

Poolside bar served good food and cheap drink. Cocktails were very cheap!! and very strong!!
Hotel staff lovely- very friendly- happy to do anything for you.

Dont listen to any of the rubbish reviews on this site- totally not true, this is my 4th holiday alone without parents and was the best place I have stayed in by far."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2007

Good Atmosphere

Good

"Situated right next to all the buzzing bars and restaurants. Lovely pool and nice rooms with balconies. Mainly big parties of singles lads / ladies. Not a family / older person hotel. Basic but cosy accomodation which is very clean. Nice helpful staff. Would recommend!"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of June 2007

Fantastic, a big thumbs up!!!10/10!!

"What can I say?! These apartments were brilliant! Right in the middle of Playa de Las Americas, a stone's throw from the nightlife and shops, but they still managed to keep the apartments quiet at night, slightly set back so no early morning loudness!! The room was excellent, so clean, with comfy beds, powerful shower and lovely little kitchen. Nice balcony to sit out on too! The staff were friendly and helpful and did an excellent job of cleaning the rooms and tidying up. The pool was lovely, really clean with plenty of nice and well priced food and drink on offer at the poolside bar/restaurant. I couldn't fault these apartments at all, and the area was great. Perfect holiday for me and my friend!!"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Hacienda Del Sol - Brilliant !

"I went to the Hacienda Del Sol in Nov 06 and had to say that it was brilliant. Having read really bad reports before going I was a little concerned but being a Travel Agent I get used to all sorts of query's and learn to take them with a pinch of salt. The reviews couldnt of been more wrong. I went with 4 girlfriends for some late wintersun. The location was fantastic - literally minutes from the nightlife but tucked away so no disturbance during the night. The apartments were clean and roomy - nothing amazing but nothing to complain about - remember these are 2*. I paid £150 for a week and have to say that it was money well spent. If you are looking for a lively holiday in a good location then stay here - didnt use the pool much but you are a 2 minute walk from the beach so really not a problem. Staff were friendly and on the nights we ate in the hotel the food was good. I would def return with friends during summer or winter for a lively/chill out holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of April 2007

A lovely holiday

Good

"I stayed at the Hacienda with my dad and my sister (18) and im 22 in December as we got the rooms last minute at a really good price. I checked out the reviews before I went I was very nervous about what to expect (I had booked the holiday and I was worried that my dad would be unhappy if the hotel was really like the reviews said). We arrived to very welcoming staff and they directed us to our room, which was lovely. It was spacious, bright and clean with a very large balcony area. Not a 4* hotel but perfect for what we had paid for the holiday.

We then went to explore the local area and discovered (to my sister and I's joy) just how close we were to the Las Americas nightlife. We carried on walking a little further (5mins at the most) and arrived at the beach.

This hotel is in a perfect location for those wanting to enjoy the party nightlife of Las Americas but we liked the port/marina area better and found the hotel a pretty long walk away from there. It was very close to Los Cristianos though (4 euro taxi) though which gave us some good options at night.

In summary we had no problem with this hotel at all apart from the fact that I hadnt research the location very well and didnt realise that everything we wanted (eg water sports etc) would be so far away. I probably would return to this hotel if i was on a girls week away but for the holiday I was on it was in the wrong area.

I know that everyone judges hotels differently but I really didnt find anything wrong with this hotel, it was a cheap last minute holiday in clean but basic rooms in the centre of the nightlife in Las Americas. If this is what you are going on holiday for then I would certainly recommend the hacienda- you really wont believe how close you are to yates/ linikers/veronicas etc.... its a perfect place to drink lots and have a laugh"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of April 2007

Absolutely loved it!!!!

"Me and 3 of my friends (2girls 2boys) stayed at the Hacienda last year. When we booked, and even got into our hotel we didn't realise how close we actually were to the nightlife.

We got to the hotel at about 10 o'clock PM, the staff on reception were really helpful and directed us to our room. When we got in and did the usual inspection you always do when you first get there, we found all the necessities, shower and bathroom clean and tidy, 1 bedroom with 2 beds, and the living area with 2 camp beds, and a massive balcony that we lived on for our entire holiday. Fridge, kettle and hot water, what more do you need.

When we went onto the balcony we were overlooking the pool (it wasn't a massive pool, and not many beds but big enough) We still didn't realise how close we were to Starco's.

We walked out of the hotel and opposite to the left was a shop, a chinese style restaurant, directly in front were 2 more restaurants, and to the right we could just see the sign for wigan pier (where we went every morning for the best breakfasts i have ever had)
Just past wigan pier was where Starco's started with Yates and Linekars bar. We didnt actually reach Veronica's at night as we had plenty to go at on our doorstep.

Even though we were a stone's throw away we couldn't hear a lot from the bars, even into the early hours of the morning.

We were literally 7 minutes walk to Veronica's and the beach behind that. On the way down to the beach were numerous shops and bars, everything we needed. Even a pharmacy at the bottom when we needed cream for sunburn. The waterpark was about a 15minute bus ride away from the beach, where we got the bus from.

The pool wasn't very big, and i wouldn't say there was many sunloungers to go round, this didn't really affect us as we decided to go to the beach mainly anyway, i can't comment on the pool bar as we didn't use it but it was always open that i noticed.

One thing that put me off before coming to this hotel were the reviews i read about the cockroaches. We did see a few when we were on our balcony, and walking to our room, but never inside-unless we left the doors open.

All in all this was a fantastic hotel, in the best location we could have ever dreamed of. Strongly reccomend this to young people going on their summer holiday, or for couples. I will most certainly go back."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of January 2007

Hotel from hell

"Hotel staff caught robbing stuff from our apartment. Worse hotel in the world. Could never imagine people come back year after year, i think that they have extremely low standards "

• Travel date: Mon 19th of November 2012

Stayed 12 times now

"We have stayed at this hotel 12 times now the last being in may 2012 we are booked to return with my family in November 2012 we wouldn't keep coming back if it was anything like the reviews I've just read here I know the hotel very well after this number of stays and even the physical lay out of the hotel doesn't seem to be the same as in these previous reviews the staff at reception are more than helpful the rooms are clean and cleaned every day it isn't a posh hotel and does cater for groups of youngsters so sometimes it can be a bit lively but if it gets to much the staff put an end to it perhaps the fact that 1 of the previous reviewers was threatened by another guest to shut up suggests they may have been the problem not the hotel "

• Travel date: Sat 29th of September 2012

Hotels near Hacienda Del Sol

Stayed at Hacienda Del Sol? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hacienda Del Sol

• rachbabe by rachbabe

"I LOVE TENERIFE IF U STAY IN THE RIGHT PLACE MORE TOWARDS THE FANCY SHOPS! "

• ladley1 by ladley1

"beware of people selling fake bar crawls and trying to collect the money from your hotel "

• emma09 by emma09

" loved it there have holiday for this summer booked already roll on june "

• C Gaskell by C Gaskell

"Siam Park, loro park you have got to see, they are amazing and the shows are fantastic. "

• chloesansom by chloesansom

"cant remember names but there is lots to do and things to see ! "

• alexrock90 by alexrock90

"great for groups of friends "

• alexrock90 by alexrock90

"Wigan pier, the bus stop and leonardos "

• stephie2009 by stephie2009

"american dreams restaurant. the medieval banquet at san miguel castle and mount tiede are brilliant. "

• Sassysaffy by Sassysaffy

"Absolutley loved every minute, party holiday perfect for younguns, planning on going back already!!! "

• Sassysaffy by Sassysaffy

"Definalty take a trip to los christanos - brilliant little market at weekends!!! "

• Char727 by Char727

"Such a great place, fab for having a good time at night and relaxing during the day "

• Char727 by Char727

"Siam Park (a water park) and Linekers. Foam party at Bobbys "

• Bobmason by Bobmason

"Best restaurant - El Faro "

• dave/jo/sue/jean by dave/jo/sue/jean

"yes, will be going back "

• son by son

"must go its great value for money "

• sayitasweseeit by sayitasweseeit

"lovely area to stay will def go again "

• yorkboy by yorkboy

"Highly recommended for the 18 to 30s "

• concerned holidaymaker by concerned holidaymaker

"do not go there,its a doss house. "

• siobhan by siobhan

"Food was lovely and cheap. "

• Olivia121 by Olivia121

"There is an adventure golf course about 5 min walk away - its so good!! "

Hacienda Del Sol is also called