My family and I have just returned from...

Reviewed Mon 10th of July 2006

"My family and I have just returned from Tenerife and all we can say is that the Las Palmeras is nowhere near a four star hotel. The rooms are dated and the hotel in general needs a massive facelift.

We visited the hotel La Siesta just up the road, also a four star and what a difference.

Before you book here be wary that although brochures are fairly complimentary, the photos used are clearly out of date. It does have a lot of facilities but they are tired and in need of replacement.

We wouldn't stay here again- the cost wasn't a true reflection of the quality of hotel.

• Travel date: Mon 10th of July 2006

Fantastic Hotel

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"a fantastic hotel, I stayed 29th of may till 7th of june2006, I came from Amsterdam about 4 1/2 hour flight, on arrival the reception staff was very helpfull and they even spoke dutch, nothing was to much for them, the rooms where very clean and the ocean vieuw fantastic, beautifull garden and swimming pool, exellent breakfast, the evening buffet was very various and even at 9 p.m everything was still fresh and there was plenty of space and food, I want to thank all the staff for their excellent service they gave me a super holliday and I come back very soon"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of June 2006

great hotel

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"just got back from a 2 week holiday with my wife and daughter had a brilliant time there, food was good plenty of it. rooms kept very clean staff are really nice. pool area was very clean. only negative thing was the lifts, either they were full or we had to wait ages for one to arrive {4 on our side of the hotel} we will be going back again for another great holiday"

• Travel date: Sat 20th of May 2006

Absolutely not a four star ! Awful !

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"Being with a group of people and not being able to choose a hotel we ended up in the Las Palmeras. We are travelling all over the world for business and for pleasure ... I can tell you that this hotel is not worth more than 2 stars. This might have been a good hotel 20 years ago but is is like we say "forgotten glory" and the H10 group should really reconsider the standard for their stars ... it is a shame ! The ceilings all over the place are being re-done because there is water coming down -the rooms were smelling very bad (humidity problems !) and are in need of a face-lift asap - the staff is rude and cannot handle criticism. The closet is our room could not be closed because there was a lamp-fixture installed next to the door. In our bathroom the ceiling was leaking .... The kids pool is very dangerous. We saw kids falling every day because of the very slippery floors. The second day the kids all had shoes on the swim to avoid any more risks ... The food was average, what you can expect from a big hotel in Tenerife. If you really want the standard of a four star than this place is NOT what you are looking for. If ever we need to go back there our stay will be in the Villa Cortez, Jardin Tropical or the Bahia Del Ducque."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005

no way a 4 star

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"we have just returned from our 1 week stay at h10 las palmeras. on arrival we were allocated a room above the bars at the front of the hotel. when we entered the room we thought we'd made a mistake because the room was in poor condition and in need of serious refurbishment. we got moved twice and ended up in a poolside villa which was not too bad but still not up to scratch. if you're going i strongly advise you upgrade to an ocean view room and avoid the views of bins and sex shops."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of October 2005