About H10 Las Palmeras

• tv other russia
  • tv channel one russia
  • tv rtr planeta russia

Good

Good hotel, shame about the flight

Reviewed Tue 30th of August 2011

"This was a family holiday with 5 adults travelling and the resort, location and hotel were ideal.

The holiday didn't start to well with Thomas Cook sub contracting the flight to Mint Airways. The Mint Airways plane was according to cabin staff around 15 to 16 years old, and the plane was in desperate need of a re-fit, our seats were worn and the actual seat pads loose and sliding around, uncomfortable on a 4hr 15 min flight. The in flight entertainment controls were destroyed (not a problem since TC apparently only provide entertainment on long haul flights now). Seat pitch also seemed less than usual for a charter flight.

The hotel was really good, the reception staff were excellent and anything we asked for was dealt with quickly and efficiently. Our rooms were good and the excellent lifts meant being on the top floor was not a problem.

The restaurant was a buffet and had a decent choice of food and drinks were reasonably priced but at times it was difficult to get served the hotel seemingly geared up for all inclusive guests who helped themselves to soft drinks during the day.

There are 2 excellent pools plus a childrens pool, sun beds were always available despite the 6 o'clock brigade queing up for particular beds. One thing on the pools the shallowest part of the main pool is 1.8m deep not really a place for non swimmers. H10 pool towels are available from the pool staff for a small charge which you can keep for the duration of your stay.

I would suggest not using the beach outside of the hotel, it has a rocky shoreline, walk along the promenade for 5 to 10 minutes and there is a good sandy one.

If you want an excursion, we did a sailing on a catamaran, don't use the tour operator, we got a much better price from the kiosks at the beach and there are numerous outlets throughout Las Americas. The tour company rep may suggest they are best because they provide you with transport, but when you book a trip from an outlet there is nearly always transport provided.

The evening entertainment in the hotel was ... but it didn't matter because Playa Las Americas has so much going on, with something for everyone.

There are street traders everwhere but they always took a pleasant no for an answer.

Overall a good holiday but wouldn't use TC again if Mint Airways were involved."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of August 2011

Good place in Tenerife to stay - young or old!

Reviewed Wed 25th of March 2009

"SHORT DESC: A ten-story modern resort property, the H10 Las Palmeras Tenerife is surrounded by extensive subtropical gardens. Located on Playa de las Americas beach, the hotel is next to the sea and with direct access to the ocean promenade.

DATE:Last week of March

PROS: We booked everything independently and saved a lot, probably half, i look on hotel site for special and we booked though easy jet and just took public transport everywhere, airport etc. We opted for a sea front room, 4th floor perfect, had a nice patio balcony facing the pool and ocean. Really close to pubs/bar and party nightclub (10 min walk) yet far enough away not to hear any noise or hooligan action. No need to take an expensive taxi home plus most bars/clubs stay open until 5.45am. Most places have live music until 12:30am but the hotel windows are pretty soundproof.

Standard EU buffet. Breakfast was alright, nice portion of scrambles eggs, also you can get an omelette or fired egg fresh from cookie, juices and coffee are standard EU hotel style but they had tons of options for breakfast.

1 minute from surfing beach and 7 minutes from the beach on Calle Francisco. Plenty of restaurant around all serving the same dishes though so not so much difference, everything is usually pork, chicken, steak, with roquefort sauce, diana (mushroom) sauce, or some other heap of cream. Portion are pretty big in Tenerife also a bit expensive. Food City is right next to hotel (chinese, japanese) Acorss the street from 'Los Angeles' is Sugar & Spices that has a nice menu and decent wine.

Staff were always ready to help in what ever language, really friendly, ready to help no matter what time.

Clean towels everyday, fridge and safe in room, a little sink, bring your own kettle.

CONS:
Lot's of mobility scooters and cheesy waltz nights like at 'Spanish party' and if not there some Tony Romano piano bar.

I wouldn't bother getting full inclusive, the lunch and dinner is pretty bad, soggy chips, green beans, chicken something, baked beans, pork, ham and pig. etc. There are good places to eat but you have to walk around a bit, Monkey Beach Club is nice. but dinners will run up to 60£/€ with wine/drinks.

Pool closes at 6:30 pm :( so no lounging around the pool after dark but there are deck chairs on the beach that they leave out all night. "

• Travel date: Wed 25th of March 2009

This hotel is definately better than a 3...

Reviewed Sun 17th of February 2008

"This hotel is definately better than a 3 star hotel so I would say it is a four star. We booked with my brother in law and his family and went out to join the grandparents who were already out there and stayed out there after we returned this morning.

Our rooms were good although 1 room had a fridge etc and one didn't so we had to ask for a fridge (for baby milk) but they put one in straight away with no charge. The check in procedure is very long winded and took ages wihch wasn't great after a long flight. The grandparents' rooms were small and cramped despite they were there for 3 weeks. Try and book a room facing the sea as they have the sun all afternoon which is good if you have kids who want a nap in the afternoon.

This is a foreign hotel, mainly German, Spanish, Polish and Russian. We found these people to be rude and brash (e.g. not letting you out of the lift before they rushed to get in and barging around the dining room) but we were in a group so it didn't really bother us that we didn't make friends.

The food was generally very good although the dining room does get very busy but if you choose your times you should be fine.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

The entertainment was the downfall of this hotel in my view. In our group we had two children, one 2 years old and one 5 year old. The entertainment was aimed at the foreign guests and consisted mainly of fashion shows??? and ballroom dancing. The kids were allowed to dance at the mini-disco from 8:30 till 9:00, then were banned from the dance floor. It was difficult to keep them off the dance floor and also hard to explain why they were allowed on the dance floor one minute and not the next.

Overall, we had a fantastic holiday, hotel spotless, fantastic position, guests and entertainment disappointing. Would return. "

• Travel date: Sun 17th of February 2008

Where do I Start! We were a family of 8,...

Reviewed Thu 17th of May 2007

"Where do I Start! We were a family of 8, 3 adults, 2 grandparents and 3 children ages 4, 7 & 10.

My first impression of the hotel was not a very nice from entrance but once we set foot into the from entrance we were quite impressed.

However upon arrival at 1am in the morning at reception we joined a queue of people complaining about the fact the rooms they had paid for had not been supplied by the hotel. We had booked 2 x twin 3 rooms and upgraded to a 3+1c sea view room which cost us £170.

What they gave us was 2 small doubles which they said they would squeeze extra beds in and at non sea view twin 3 which they said they would put another bed in.

Clearly we were all unhappy about this and luckily unlike many other holiday makers all fed up and complaining at the front desk for the same reasons I had brought my holiday invoices clearly showing what we had paid for.

The night mare got worse for some 2 hours they kept us waiting before giving us the key cards to some 6 rooms which they told us to go find and decide which we wanted this after hours of exhaustion led to crying children and frankly a crying me.

We were finally given a twin 3 room for my mum and dad and we were given a bungalow out the back that myself, hubby, and sister and our 3 kids had to share.

ROOMS:
My parents twin 3 room was small and overcrowded and overlooked the main street and they didn’t get a wink of sleep for 2 weeks, whereas our bungalow was a sea view.

Now this is where the holiday gets better in all honesty, the bungalow was fantastic you got an upstairs and a downstairs with two separate bedrooms and a bathroom with bath/shower, bidet and toilet and built in hairdryer and lots of luxuries.

The bedrooms were of a very good size with built in wardrobes and downstairs you got another toilet (fantastic) and a very large lounge area and a kitchen with a bar area.

And you not only get a sea view balcony upstairs you get a small grass garden also.

The only bad thing I can say about these bungalows as they call them is that I had to share with my sister but they really did turn out holiday from a nightmare to something wonderful. To be able to lie in bed and see and hear the sea and actually one day watch a pod of dolphins swim by was truly magical.

RESTAURANT:
The rooms were spacious with outdoor eating also but the staff were the pits they were rude and not helpful at all often we had to clean the tables ourselves.

The food on some days was very good but on some days they were trying to feed you goat and rabbit and you were stuck with very little choice, there was also no dedicated children’s food section.

BAR AREA:
Out by the pool at night they have entertainment which was ok but the staff were over charging us and other left right and centre. On one occasion a fight broke out between the waiters when they were told to give a refund on an over charge, and they started fighting about who would do it, so we just gave the hotel a miss in the evening and went to a local hotel we knew had excellent staff the Bitacora hotel.

On the last night before we left we went to the Piano bar near the reception and actually wished we had gone there all along it was far nicer and the staff were far better.

POOL AREA:
What a fabulous pool truly stunning the kids absolutely loved it and so did the adults, it’s got like an edging around it so you can actually sit on in the water on a ledge its truly lovely.

LOCATIONS:
Fantastic right on the seafront right in the heart of everything could not get better.

CONCLUSION:
Would I go there again? This is a difficult one.

I absolutely loved the bungalow but I think had been stuck in the normal rooms I’d have hated the hotel. Certainly the bungalow made it for us it really did. I would prob go back there but only for the bungalow and sea view and pool.

But the staff need to really buck their ideas up and they need to do something about the food.

I can’t tell you how many people we heard over the two weeks complaining about having to upgrade their rooms as they were not given the rooms they paid for which is really bad my advise print up a copy of your booking where it shows the rooms you have booked.

This June year we are going back to the Bitacora Hotel which we absolutely love followed by the H10 Conquistador so I’ll let you know how we get on."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

My wife and I stayed at Las Palmeras on...

Reviewed Fri 2nd of March 2007

"My wife and I stayed at Las Palmeras on 20th-27th Feb 2007.

It was booked only three weeks earlier on the internet and only after booking it did I read the reviews. I must say I was a little apprehensive when it was only rated poorly.

Since 1990 we have stayed at La Siesta and have loved it, but this year I fancied a change. How pleased we were when the hotel exceeded our expectations.

The room was fine, a great view over pools, garden, prom and out to sea.

The restaurant was very well run with an extremely good selection of dishes to suit all tastes.

The pool/sun bed area was looking a little tired and does need refreshing, but hey, what a fantastic location with a private gate through to the prom and beach.

I must also mention that the bar prices were reasonable 2-80euro for a large beer, about £2 a pint, and bar meals seemed cheap too at the poolside.

Overall, we are well pleased with our holiday and would certainly return to Las Palmeras."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of March 2007

Rush job, we booked a couple of days bef...

Reviewed Fri 5th of January 2007

"Rush job, we booked a couple of days before Xmas.

The position of the hotel is great for everything - Los Cristianos to the right, top end of Las Americas to the left.

Good food, nice staff, clean rooms with maid service everyday.

Shopping in this area is some of the best. We have stayed all over Tenerife and truly love Colon Beach, from this hotel it's only a 30 min stroll - all along the waters edge.

It's a fantastic place, got something for everyone. We are 50 plus v.a.t, but all ages would enjoy this hotel.

It's got plenty of kids stuff going on night and day. Great pool and gardens. You can bus it to anywhere or the taxi's are cheap."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of January 2007

Loved the Las Palmeras

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"After reading the bad reviews before my friend and I went to the Las Palmeras I was very nervous but was pleasantly surprised. After having been to Tenerife many times I knew where the hotel was so I booked a room with a seaview, this view was great had many a pleasant hour sitting on the balcony. It is the quietest hotel/apartment I have ever stayed in as the corridors to the rooms were carpeted. No complaints about the cleaners, plenty of clean towels and the reception staff were very pleasant. The restaurant was very good we liked the food and their was plenty of choice. The gardens were lovely. The hotel was pretty central for shops and bars. Suggest anyone to try the theatre it is class and we saw a modern Romeo and Juliet done in flamenco style. We would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of November 2006

H10 Las Palmeras

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"We travelled to Playa de Las Americas in October and stopped in the H10 Las Palmeras. If you are reading these reviews before you go and feeling slightly panicked that you can't cancel without losing a large sum of money then I feel for you as that is exactly what I did. I feel compelled to put a review of my own on now I'm back.
The hotel rooms are average. We were upgraded for free to a sea view room because when we arrived we were put in a room that was already occupied. I certainly wouldn't pay extra for the view that we had. Our room was inter- connecting with the room next door and our neighbours were the loudest couple in the hotel. Needless to say I don't think I slept through a whole night without being disturbed. You can hear everything- and I mean everything!!
The food is pretty dismal- we paid for half board and we ate at the hotel three times in the whole two weeks we were there (and that was only because we were running out of spending money).
Once we were interupted by a cockroach scuttling towards us in the restaurant. I know cockroaches live in hot climates etc etc but if you saw that in the UK environmental health would close the place down.
The pool area is nice and it's very close to the beach.
I always think that unless you are going to a major European city to not expect the same hotel standards as the UK star wise and this is no exception. The H10 Las Palmeras would definately not be a 4* in the UK.
A few tips for the resort itself: Teppan Yaki restaurant is fantastic-but book or go early as it was full every night. If you can afford a better hotel the Bahia Del Duque just up the coast in Costa Adeje is gorgeous with a much better beach and some lovely intimate little restaurants. Hire a car and go to Teide - it's amazing. Also, Masca (the most scary car journey in the world) is nice. Los Gigantes is also a nice resort.
I found Las Americas a bit abrasive as a resort after a while. The tacky bars and restaurants tend to wear a bit thin and we were stuck for things to do towards the end of the holiday. Wouldn't go back to resort or hotel.
The weather was gorgeous though! Got a nice tan...."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of November 2006

Loved the Seaview But Hotel A Farse

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Myself, hubby, 2 kids, parents and sister and neice booked for this hotel. Upon arrival rather then a twin 3 room we ended up with a double tiny pokey room which they said they would stick an extra bed in :0( giving no room at all to move.
We complained and pulled out the invoices luckily we had brought and ended up sharing a bungalow with my sister and her child. Don't get me wrong the bungalow was lovely but none of this should have happened. A few days later we over heard a bunch of brits complaining about the very same thing at the pool all of which had to pay to upgrade there rooms even tho they had booked and payed for them so it seems the hotel is a bit of a rip off..

The food was edible for some adults although there was simply nothing in the 2 week stay for the kids bar chips, bread and icecream and some nights i even struggled when the options were rabbit and goat :0( was not impressed by the food at all and i am not particularly fussy.
The pool was fab but reserved sunbeds was a pain. The pool bar where most of the entertainment was well the bar staff were possitively corrupt resulting in massive over charging and once confronted with the reciept as proof they would then errupt into arguments with each other over who would issue the refund resulting in us avoiding the hotels bars entirely.
Again many people also seemed to be having the same probs and were complaining too.
The hotel itself was very pretty and appeared very well looked after but the rooms we stayed in although attended by a maid daily were not cleaned or swept in 2 weeks the linen was changed once a week and we were given 3 towels for 7 people which drive us insane.
The entertainment was awful really bad we gave in to be honest and avoided the hotel for the Bitacora instead which was far better.
The only positive thing about this hotel is the seaview and location but then my parents were overlooking the street and didn't sleep for 2 weeks as it was so noisy so really i woul dnot recommend this hotel at all avoid it its simply not worth the disapointment."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"The rooms were spacious - bedroom, lounge area with a cupboard with kichen equipment (FRIDGE, STOVE, CUTLERY, ETC) and a huge bathroom. Not a nice view - overlooking reception and flat roofs.

We are vegetarian - always a vege section at dinner - not always a vege soup - be careful, they put ham in the vege soup. For breakfast, there are two chefs - eggs and pancakes.

There is a kids club and disco - my kids aged 1 AND 3 LOVED IT. THE KIDS POOL IS NEW AND VERY GOOD - THE CORRECT SIZE AND NOT SLIPPERY. THEY ARE PLANNING TO BUILD A PLAYGROUND IN OCT 2006.

LOTS OF PAINTING GOING ON - I THINK THEY ARE SLOWLY RENOVATING THE HOTEL."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

not a 4* star hotel

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"We booked this holiday only a few weeks before our departure on the 26/07/ 06on our arrival after midnight we were allocated a room facing the main street over shops and bars. The condition of the room was very poor, a musty smell, poor and tacky decor. We were so disappointed we requested apool view or sea view room we were told that this was not possible until the next day and would cost 17euros a day we agreed as we had no sleep due to the late night partiers and the early morning road works opposite.
the next room was quieter and had lovely views of the sea, however the decor was no better. the general condition of the hotel's decor is seriously in need of moderinsation{may have been a good hotel in the 1980's]. The hotel itself is about 100yrds from a better area which if you continue to walk you will find an upmarket area called the safari centre the bars and restaurants are more expensive but worth it, the hotels in this area are platial. A good 4* hotel in the patch area would be 'la siesta' i would advise booking it as you will be disappointed with las palmaras if you expect 4* quality."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of August 2006

Definately Not A 4* Hotel

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"We arrived at the hotel to find a very small dark and dingy room.The balcony door would not open , the air conditioning was very noisy and the in room safe did not work .We found that there was no remote control for the TV (you had to pay a 30 euro deposit if you wanted the privalige of useing one!) 4* guests are obviously not trusted!. We went immeadiatly to reception to complain and ask to be moved. They said that they were full! and sent a man to repair the safe then another man to fix the balconey door which he never did and another man to fix the very noisy air conditioning again which never got fixed properly. It had to stay on one setting for the entire stay. The food was absolutly awfull not for the faint hearted! ok if you eat goat, rabbit,or strange fish that I cant even remember the name of. This is definately not for the English holiday maker. We paid for a 4* half board hotel we attempted to eat 1 meal there and paid for food elsewhere for the rest of the week.I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy! The hotel was also being decorated at the time. The only credit I can give is to the cleaning staff who did not stop working."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of July 2006

Hotels near H10 Las Palmeras

Top traveller tips for H10 Las Palmeras

• johnciacci by johnciacci

"Before booking package holidays try checking what the hotel offer directly on their webpage. "

• johnciacci by johnciacci

"Across the steeet from the Hotel is "

H10 Las Palmeras is also called