We are just back from an 11night stay at...

Reviewed Wed 11th of June 2008

"We are just back from an 11night stay at the Conquistador. When we walked into the hotel we were pleasantly suprised, my gosh we thought, it's a bit posh for us! the reception staff were very friendly and helpfull and we were checked in in no time at all. A concierge helped us with our cases to our room which was a good help as we had 3 cases, hand luggage and a buggy. Our room was on the ground floor which was brilliant as we had our 3 year old boy who likes to wander and explore and was worried that if we were on a higher level we might have to keep him indoors. The room was gorgeous, got cleaned every day we were there with clean fresh towels every day also. We were half board and the food was grand.Plenty of choic. I read some other reviewsbefor I left and people were complaining about the food and to be honest with you I cannot see why. The hotel is situated in a great place on the promenade which runs from Los Cristianos to Veronicas area.Pool area great but of course people getting up at 7am to put their towels on the beds which annoys me! I could go on all day, but overall the hotel location and our holiay was fab and I would recommend it to anyone"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of June 2008

dont be put of by reviews of this hotel...

Reviewed Wed 23rd of April 2008

"dont be put of by reviews of this hotel £350 1week perfect
place to go champers for breakfast right on the beach what more
can you ask for booked to go again dec this year 2008 try it you will
not regret it 10+ "

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of April 2008

The hotel staff was friendly enough and...

Reviewed Thu 14th of February 2008

"The hotel staff was friendly enough and the pool area was clean however there was cockroaches in our room every night and in the corridors outside of the room. The food was presented well but not really catered for the british."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of February 2008

This hotel is centrally based and is in...

Good
Reviewed Mon 31st of December 2007

"This hotel is centrally based and is in an ideal location for exploring Los Cristianos, Playa de las Americas and Torviscas, either by walking (if your energetic or walking off the sumptuous meals) taxi or bus.

No beach to speak of though, mostly rocks.

The hotel was spotless, the rooms spacious. We had one overlooking the pool area, corner position and we could just about glimpse the sea. If you want to sit out on your balcony (ours was massive) and look at the horizon then you will need to ask for a high floor, although you will have to pay extra. There is a charge for a lounger pad and towel of 1.50 Euros per day.

It's the usual for breakfast greasy bacon chipolata sausage etc, eggs whichever way you want them (freshly cooked) cereals, yoghurts etc.

Dinner was quite exceptional, at first I wasn’t really bowled over with it (something to do with presentation I think) the salad bar left a lot to be desired and I usually make a bee-line for it but it was underwhelming - which as it turned out I was glad for because the main meal option was fantastic - fresh cooked meats & fish done to your liking, spoilt for choice really. The only thing that was missing was vegetables - they didn’t seem to have many to pick from.

Christmas dinner was exceptional absolutely fantastic - sort of traditional (if you wanted it) or something more unusual lobster, ostrich etc.

The evening shows were of a very high standard and the staff kept you entertained throughout the day without being too intrusive. The foam party (our first) was a scream - thoroughly enjoyed it."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of December 2007

This was our fourth visit to The Conquis...

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2007

"This was our fourth visit to The Conquistador and quite frankly it has gone downhill steadily.

The food is not as good as it used to be and the rooms could do with a lick of paint. Although the bar area has been gutted and replaced by some very tasteful furniture and decoration the rest is looking tired.

The maid service is daily but that could be more thorough especially when you are there for 2 weeks which we were.

Be aware that if you require an early breakfast it has to be ordered by 8.30pm the night before and not a minute after, but they don't tell you this until you want to order.

The location is ideal, on the seafront and a few minutes’ walk from the lovely Playa La Vistas in one direction and Las Americas in the other. At night it is quiet as it is on the edge of Las Americas. This is the only hotel where I have had to pay for the safe 34euros for 2 weeks."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of October 2007

Here I am again raving about this hotel...

Reviewed Fri 31st of August 2007

"Here I am again raving about this hotel was there in Nov 2006 for 18 days and back in May for 12 days going back again in Nov 2007 what can I say absolutely wonderful I forgot to mention in my first review that champers and caviar served every morning.

Food just as I mentioned before fabby, great fun from start to finish I reckon I'm due a discount from the hotel, really great place for a holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

FlyJet from Newcastle excellent and on t...

Reviewed Sat 2nd of June 2007

"FlyJet from Newcastle excellent and on time. Like other H10 hotels we have stayed at this one was no exception.

Based right on the sea front, in an area which is clean, flat, with modern shopping centres and lots of different walks or sit on the front and watch the sun setting over the island of La Gomera.

Excellent hotel, very clean, wide food choice, always freshly cooked fish and meats from the grill.

Pool area large, palm trees plenty of choices to sit either in sun or shade. Lots of activities, reasonably priced outdoor lunches, fashion shows most days and good night shows.

Convenient for other hotels- las Palmeras, La Fiesta, Tenerife Princess, Bitacora, and Vulcano. Flight home again excellent left 20 mins early arrived Newcastle 8.30 pm. Very good times."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of June 2007

We stayed in this hotel many years ago a...

Reviewed Thu 3rd of May 2007

"We stayed in this hotel many years ago and found it quite nice at the time, so we decided to book for another 3 weeks last April.

The location of the hotel is excellent and the rooms are basic and rather small.

Cleaning of the rooms was very good. Reception staff not very helpful.

Biggest disappointment was the restaurant: quality and presentation of the food very poor, restaurant staff not professional and not very friendly. Often difficult to find a (clean) table."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of May 2007

The Conquistador is simply the best hote...

Reviewed Sun 4th of March 2007

"The Conquistador is simply the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

Very clean and tidy, well presented, and organised. Staff very friendly and pleasant.

As a guest they look after you very well, and will do anything for you.

Plenty going on day and night to keep you entertained. As a single guy in his 20's I did feel a bit out of place, as it is very popular with the older generation both brits and Germans.

Did not mind as it makes the hotel quiet and very relaxed.

The large pool was empty most of the day as a result. It was great! Only problem is trying to walk round them all the time inside!

Most of the ones I spoke to, go every year. One old guy had been there for 2 months! This proved to me that the hotel had to be good.

Food is superb, quality, choice, classy. The hotel does have a sense of upper class about it, but it is not any more expensive than others around at the same rating.

One of the biggest draws is the location, breathtaking views of the sea, boardwalk right outside which is the main path to los Cristianos.

Plus all bars and restaurants are on that path along the coast. If you are a rare surfer who works and has money, 6ft+ and clean on your doorstep every day I was there. Fantastic.

The only thing I felt was a bit wrong was the 3 euros needed everyday if you wanted a sun bed mat and towel. Just use towels from room. Feb 07 20-24 c very nice tan in 6 days.

Just come home and already booked to go again! Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of March 2007

Heard a mixed bag of reviews about this...

Reviewed Tue 31st of October 2006

"Heard a mixed bag of reviews about this hotel before i went so obviously a bit nervous.
On arrival the reception area looked quite impressive, although check in was slow and this wasn't helped by one elderly couple complaining about the fact that they had been allocated a 3rd floor room and they wanted a fifth floor because that’s what they have always stayed in for the last umpteen years. Check in sorted ventured up to my room and was impressed by the cleanliness and the size to say that I was on my own I was allocated a twin room which was kept highly clean (even my stuff was rearranged a few times).

The pool side
I found the pool side area disappointing although the pool was a good size the lounging area was very cramped and people were constantly moving their loungers to catch the sun, There was also this pathetic game of bagging sun loungers some people even out at 5AM! The funniest incident I saw was one man claiming two loungers and whilst his wife went to get the towels he went and took a chair from the pool bar and sat guard over them.

I found the pool side bar service a bit below par not due to the fact we were served beer in paper coke cups and paid extra for the privileged, but due to the fact that some of the staff were grumpy and at night this area was used for the entertainment and they tried to offer table service for the bar but it took up to 20minutes to get the drink delivered from placing your order so I opted for the piano bar which had a more pleasant surrounding.
Food was my main complaint. The layout of the dining room was a bit shambolic, and although food and choice was plentiful, the hot food could be quite cold some days especially at breakfast time.

On the whole the hotel staff were quite pleasant apart from a couple at the pool side bar.
This hotel seems very popular amongst the more mature clientele, so I wouldn't recommend it to families with children or young adults."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of October 2006

Fantastic Hotel my husband and I go twic...

Reviewed Wed 4th of October 2006

"Fantastic Hotel my husband and I go twice a year and it is superb. The food is fabulous the cleanliness is great the staff are wonderful the location is central for all amenities.

We have met several people who have been going to this hotel about 47 times, this speaks for itself. Going back in three weeks time can't wait I refer back to dining room where there is at least six red meat dishes three white meat dishes and lots of vegetarian options The pool area is great and the outside snack bars are fab. The entertainment is varied and something for everyone. If you want a quiet drink try the Piano Bar different pianists every night

• Travel date: Wed 4th of October 2006

Absolutely fine

Good
Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"Stayed at Conquistador from 1st to 12th September, Could find no cause for complaint. Every aspect of the hotel was spot on. Clean and welcoming, reception staff helpful, bar staff happy and cheerful, cleaners and room maid efficient. Quality of food very good and such a wide choice, chefs are cooking in full view, managerial staff checking food temperature all the time. If you have been worried about previous negative remarks don't be. You will have a nice holiday in a very good hotel in a great part of the resort. Sun loungers are free but for 1.5 Euro you get a nice mattress and a towel, well worth the extra comfort. Could not believe that round about the going price for a large beer is 3 to 3.75 Euros but in the hotel a pint ( harra' ) of beer is 2.75 Euro in the evening and 3.5 for a LITRE in the day, Very reasonable and the enternainment was first class. ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of September 2006