superb

Reviewed Sat 31st of January 2009

"i have just returned home from a 5 night break at Granada Park with my wife and 3 year old daughter,i would recomend this complex to anyone who would like the peace and quiet but at the same time not to far away from all the action in the nearby resorts of los christianos and playa las americas.We found all the staff at the complex to be very freindly and helpful,the cleaners were in every day doing a great job.We didnt use the restaurant but did use the poolside bar where the food and beer was great,the pool area was spotless as was the rest of the complex,ive travelled abroad many times and stopped in varied complexes and i found this to be the best by far i have stopped at,so much so i am already thinking about booking for august 09.The only real downside from my point of view was the location as it is at the top of the hill and around 20-30 mins walk to the main resorts although this is mostly downhill,easy way is walk down get a taxi back for 5 euros or taxi both ways.All in all a fantastic place to stay and as i believe in the tried and tested method i wont be booking anywhere else to stay for my next family break to tenerife this summer"

• Travel date: Sat 31st of January 2009

me and my family have recently come back...

Reviewed Fri 18th of July 2008

"me and my family have recently come back from granada park tenerife and i have to say it was fantastic, the hotel is beautiful, with its lovely pools and great surroundings, the rooms are hugh, there was 5 of us 4 adults and 1 child (12) we had a livingroom,kitchen,2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a balcony and a terrace, the hotel is 5 min away in a taxi from the strip but about 20 min if you walk, its close enough to the bars but far enough away from the hustle and bustle of veronicas i am a very fussy person so for me to say this is one of the best hotels ive stayed in, is saying somethink we enjoyed it so much were going back in 3 months, the extra bonus is the food is great to with very frendily people waiting on you ,all in all you cant go wrong with this hotel it was a really great find"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

me and my family have just come back fro...

Reviewed Sun 13th of July 2008

"me and my family have just come back from granada park and i have to say it was amazing,and for someone like me who is very fussy thats saying somethink i like my luxurys, granada park is brillant the rooms are fantastic, really big and very clean. There was 5 of us 4 adults an my 12 year old daughter and they gave us an apartment with a livingroom, kitchen, 2 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a balcony and a terrace, it was lovely, the staff are very friendly, and the food is great, there are 3 pools and plenty of sunbeds, the only thing about this hotel is its out the way abit but theres a taxi rank outside the hotel and your only 5 min from the strip also there was no entertainment on but that didnt bother us it was nice and quiet compared to the madness of veronicas strip, so if your looking for a brillant hotel not to far away from the nightlife but far enough for it to be pieceful i defantly recommend granada park were going back in 3 months thats how much we enjoyed it"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

i loved granada park my dad lives their...

Reviewed Tue 24th of June 2008

"i loved granada park my dad lives their so im always over and me and my boyfriend just love it the apartments are very clean and the pool area is spotless clean, the people are very nice who work in the apartments and thats what makes a holiday even more enjoyable, see you in september"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2008

We stayed in a lovely apartment with exc...

Reviewed Sat 21st of June 2008

"We stayed in a lovely apartment with excellent all round views. The place was clean and tidy and the staff were very helpful and friendly.
We went to tenerife for other reasons than holiday but this was a wonderful place to relax after some difficult days.
They provide a daily free bus to take you down to las americas and pick you up again in the early evening. Walking up the hill is a bit hard in the hot weather so the bus is very helpful. Walking down to los cristianos and las americas only takes about 20 mins so it is near enough to the hustle and bustle but far enough away so not disturbed at night. It is very near golf course so if you are into golf a very nice place to stay."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of June 2008

Loved every minute of staying at Granada...

Reviewed Sun 4th of May 2008

"Loved every minute of staying at Granada Park. The room was spacious, the facilities were good & loved it all. The pool's were nice (especailly when the sun was out), people & staff were very friendly. Loved it!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of May 2008

Just returned from 2 weeks at Granada Pa...

Reviewed Tue 29th of April 2008

"Just returned from 2 weeks at Granada Park with our two children aged 3 and 6 months had absolutely fantastic time.
The apartment was immaculate and the biggest i have ever stayed in, cleanliness 5 star, all staff very helpful especially Michaela on reception she went out of the way for us all the time.
Wanted for nothing the facilities were fantastic they were even able to supply us with a pushchair.
Great supermarket on site with everything you could want for self catering holiday.
Peaceful location so relaxing and the food and drink fantastic. cannot fault this place at all infact we have booked again for christmas.
Having been to Tenerife five times now and stayed in various parts this is by far the best see you all at christmas Granada Park!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of April 2008

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute...

Reviewed Wed 16th of April 2008

"My boyfriend and I booked a last minute deal to Tenerife for a bit of sun and relaxation. We were slightly nervous as we were allocation on arrival but were very pleased when we arrived at the Granada Park. The apartment was huge, well stocked with fridge, freezer, toaster, fans, TV etc. The room was cleaned 5 days a week and the complex itself was immaculate. The 20 min walk to the beach was a great start to the day, however there was enough to keep us occupied at the pool. Had to search for typical spanish food as a 'British' menu was typical to most places we went to- tracked down a great place serving fab paella! Overall great early escape to the sun for us!"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of April 2008

To other parents, grandparents or couple...

Reviewed Sat 29th of March 2008

"To other parents, grandparents or couples wanting a wonderful relaxing hols. in the sun, Granada Park is perfect! (and hot)

Away from the crowds, but close enough to Las Americas and Los Cristianos (half hour walk with a 4 and 6 yr old), or cheap taxi), to feel part of it.

The rooms are as described on the websites, roomy, nice view of pools for most, and boy! the cleanliness is 5 star. We watched teams of cleaners everyday round the pool and bar. They then come and sort out your room -wonderful!!

We really couldnt fault it!

would reccomend to anyone except if you are wanting an 18-30's holiday!!!!

no cockroaches on this complex!!!!!!!!

P.S at time of booking the deal with lastminute.com was cheaper than anyone else we could find.

Happy Hols!"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of March 2008

Nice apartments but quiet and remote

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"I stayed there 12th to 19th February with wife and 2 kids (age 9 and 7). The apartment complex itself is very nice, well laid out, clean, with helpful and polite staff.

However, as has been pointed out it is a vigourous 20 minute walk to Los Cristianos or Playa de Las Americas. It is also surrounded on the Los Cristianos side by wasteland which is awaiting development. You either have to enjoy walking, or use a hire car and/or taxis to get to the beach, restaurants, shops and nightlife. Although there is a taxi rank outside the complex and they are relatively cheap 6 - 10 euros depending which end of the resorts you are going to, I did find it frustrating not to be able to just walk out of the apartment complex and get to the outside attractions. And over a week the cost of taxis will mount up. It didn't particularly bother me walking back in the evening from Los Cristianos (I always felt safe even with the kids), however I would not imaging that this is the same for everyone.

We had a hire car from Autoreisen (110 euros for the week all in booked over the internet) so this helped, but the drink drive limit in Spain is lower than the UK, so it can cramp your activities.

We had a 1 bed apartment and the settee in the living room converted to 2 kids beds (basically a foam mattress). The apartments were very nice (no kettle or microwave), but the fire alarm set right above the hob was extremely sensitive and it was impossible to do any serious cooking without setting this off. The room was cleaned 6 out of the 7 days and linen and sheets changed once. Our room was at the top of the complex which is just off the TF1 motorway so there was a bit of car drone noise.

The pools were pretty chilly, even the heated ones (kids and smaller of the 2 adult pools), but they were ok, clean, safe and there were plenty of sunbeds.

The bar was ok and the food menu was reasonably priced and large enough (lots of English foods), but there just wasn't much atmosphere - you wouldn't choose to go there for a night out.

If the review sounds negative about Granada Park that is unfair. It is a very nice complex, but it just wasn't the right one for us. If you are happy staying in a nice quiet apartment complex, sititng round a smallish simple pool and going to a quietish bar then it is very good. It was good value for money as good deals seem readily available on the internet. If you want more life then you have to build in the additional costs of taxis or car hire, plus the hassle of having to go out and come back - when you are on the beach you can't just pop back for a pair of swimming goggles that the kids have forgotten. Very much a case of horses for courses."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of February 2008

Decent apartments, on the edge of town

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Me and a friend booked a last minute deal to the Granada Apartments and stayed from the 1st to the 8th Feb.

The apartments are very nice and quiet, there are plenty of sunbeds so no need to get up early, even though we were there in the winter the apartments were still full.

The rooms were all of good size, nicely decorated and very clean. Cleaners come 5 times a week and do a very good job. The kitchen is of decent size so if you do want to make your own food then it is suitable. The TVs in the room also had ITV and BBC so you could always watch some home comforts if you became home sick.

The pool area is very clean and spacious, only downside is the temperature of the pool, very cold in all three, ok for a quick deep to get out of the heat but not comfortable for a prolonged swim.

The reception workers all speak good english and are helpful for anything you might want, eg taxis, safe etc. The restaurant in the hotel is very nice as well. Good choice of food and drinks and the same price as resaurants in the main resorts. The supermarket onsite also sells everything you might need during the day, however closes at 8 so get what you need before then. Once again everything is reasonablty priced however the spirits and alcohol are slightly costly so buy your drinks in the supermarkets in town

Location: we read some reviews saying that this place was in the middle of nowhere however i can assure you this is not the case. Las Americas is a 20 minute walk down a slight hill which is fine and is quiet and peaceful. Los Christianos is slightly further but we only visited there once in our weeks stay, There is always taxis ready and waiting outside and so if you are to tired to walk then this isnt a problem. Taxis into americas of christianos are no more then 6 euros so not really a big deal.

Resort:: being two single lads we went into americas every night, despite the time of year the bars/clubs were all still busy, with plenty of reps to encourage you in.

In all we had a great weeks break in the granada apartments with no real complaints. The location may be a problem for those who dont enjoy a little walk but on holiday in the heat this can be nice anway. Would definatly go back to the resort again."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of February 2008

Great complex

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Just returned from a week at Granada Park, had not been to Tenerife before so didn't know where we were going to be. Have to say the complex was really good, quiet and plenty of sunbeds but the pools were very cold so not used much. The on-site shop was reasonably priced, although we did find a big supermarket on our last day about 10 mins walk away(uphill coming back). The bar/restaurant was very good value for food and not too expensive for drinks as hotels usually are. The apartments were well set out with plenty of room with cooker, toaster and large fridge/freezer. I took my own kettle as I'd read other reviews.
The distance from Las Americas and Los Cristianos was a problem as we walked down most days and got a taxi back 3 times. We discovered that there was a free bus to Las Americas every day but Sunday near the end of holiday. It goes at 10.30 but doesn't return until 17.30 which can be a long time unless you want to lie on beach."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of February 2008