Europe Villa Cortes

Avda Rafael Puig s/n, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife Spain

Good

super hotel!

"we were in our honey moon, and it was excellent! super hotel , friendly stuff, great location, beautiful rooms!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2007

Possibly the best hotel on the South coast

Good

"Stayed at this hotel fot 1 week in February and could not really fault it . The staff were friendly and helpful without giving the feeling of only wanting a tip as with other 5 stars. Our room was a standard double and had a huge bed and plenty of room for the cot. We stayed within the grounds most of the time as we were there for a relaxing week and the area around it is quite grotty. Did wander out in both directions but found it hard to get a decent meal and were hassled by touts from Thompson holidays and the like. The food and drinks were a bit more expensive,4.75 euros for a pint delivered to your sunbed which I don't think is too bad. Only real complaint was the reserving of sun beds by people placing towels on them at 0730 and then returning at midday. I have stayed at hotels where this is not allowed and it works very well. Booked with Lowcostbeds.com and would not recommend them. It is cheaper to book the hotel direct and get a Taxi to and from the hotel at 25 euros each way. Will I return? Yes"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

A Slice of Mexico in Tenerife

"Spent a full week at this magnificent hotel. Although one might say it's just a replica, it is made really authentic with much attention to the details (architecture, furniture, pictures, ornaments, etc.). We had a lovely room at the top with splendid view of the Atlantic Ocean and twelve hours of sunshine per day on the balcony. They changed the towels twice per day. The staff is attentive and friendly and originates from many countries, including Mexico. They speak Spanish, of course, but also English, German and some even Russian. The are all dressed in traditional Mexican costumes, so if you don't go outside, you might feel you are really in Mexico. There is a lovely court-yard for breakfast, the buffet is first class. The Beach Club right at the sea-side is also a very relaxing place to stay, try the pastelitos there. The pool landscape with waterfalls, cavern and creeks and lovely tropical plants is unique. In general, there is a lot of space in the hotel, so you never feel to be in a mass-tourist place. It's hard to find flaws, but in order not to be biased, here are some: The food in the Pancho Villa Restaurant was rather average, not very spicy, there was also a lack of atmosphere there, not even background music. In the room there was no coffee maker and no ironing board. But altogether, it was a really enjoyable stay in an extraordinary hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of May 2007

A very pleasant hotel

"I was lucky enough to have my annual work conference in Tenerife this year and so a group of 24 of us were based at the Villa Cortes for 3 nights.

The hotel is beautiful, with all areas being very plush and luxurious. Turndown service with chocolates, change of pool towels at lunchtime, a fabulous pool & private beach and even flowers in the toilet bowl (yes really!) were highlights that I can add to previous complimentary reviews. It is certainly the nicest 'beach holiday' hotel that I have stayed in.

The location, in the nicer end of Las Americas is good and there is some decent shopping nearby.

Ensure that you get a pool or sea view room, otherwise your balcony will overlook a busy road or the relatively grotty hotel next door.

The minor things which prevented me rating the hotel as excellent would be a useless hairdryer, poor quality toiletries (both of which I'd expect a 5* hotel to do better), a very small bathroom without any ventilation, connecting doors between some rooms that did not appear to lock (luckily I was next door to a colleague), and a bit of a lack of atmosphere."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of February 2007

Absolutely fab!!

"Having read the previous review slating the hotel I was a little worried as I had booked (hopefully!!) a better hotel than usual for my Husband's 50th birthday.

We were not disappointed - I had asked for a nice room due to the special occasion but had paid for a basic double room. On arrival the Receptionist was extremely welcoming and we were shown to a fabulous room on the top floor where a bottle of champage on ice was provided free of charge (with a basket of fruit). A very comfortable Queen Size bed was provided together with all the comforts - fluffy bathrobes - bathroom was spotlessly clean!

We cannot praise the hotel enough the breakfast was brilliant - freshly cooked and more than enough choice. The views were to die for and we sat on the balcony watching the surfers most days.

Whilst I appreciate the previous reviewers comments as regards TV reception - with respect GET A LIFE - you are on holiday!! Theres plenty of time for TV when you get back to the cold dark winter at home!!

We will definitely return!!

Kathy and Alan (Leicestershire)"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of January 2007

Fantastic

"We were originally booked in at another hotel which was unsuitable for us so we checked out and managed to obtain a room in the Villa Cortes and could not have chose a better hotel. The room was fantastic as was the view (pool area). On arrival a beautiful basket of fresh fruit was delivered to our room and every night the maid turned down our bed and left us a lovely chocolate. The rooms were huge and the bathroom had two large his/her sinks with a lovely curtain surrounding the bath. There was also a walk-in shower area and separate toilet. We were only booked in for bed and breakfast which was plentiful. It was a buffet breakfast but the chef was there to cook omelettes, fried eggs, pancakes and also steak. The staff were very pleasant. The pool area was beautiful with a large heated pool. I cannot recommend this hotel enough although it was a bit pricey but definitely worth every penny."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of January 2007

Excellent, First class Hotel

"We have been many times to tenerife, and i have to say this hotel was first class, i know a previous report has slated it, but we went in october 2006 the same time and it was fantastic. The reception was very grand and all the staff were very attentive. They escorted you personally to your room, and what rooms they are massive and very tastefully decorated. I must say these made the holiday, they were fantastic. The breakfast was very good as well which leads me to believe the previous reviewer stayed at a different hotel. The restaraunts i cannot comment on because we didn't eat in them we ate at the safari complex ever night instead. The pool was excellent the only problem was the kids pool could have been slightly cleaner. This isn't a busy hotel with only 151 rooms so is not overcrowded anywhere. Advice to anyone book it and you will not be dissapointed.

James
Doncaster"

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

Great Venue - poor performers though...

"We began our 2 week holiday at Bahia Principe (costa adeje), with the emphasis on chilling out - with 3 nights at Villa Cortes at the end of our holiday to give us a chance to go round the excellent shops along Santiago.

Upon arrival at the hotel, it was very grand, with a large reception area and very professional staff (if a little pretentious). We were shown to our room by a german girl (one of several whom worked there). The room was lovely and we had booked a 'sea view' room - which if you contemplate a visit here, we would highly recommend as many of the other 'garden' rooms stare directly into the street and run-down neighbouring hotel.

The room was very well specified, with mini-bar and a lovely solid bathroom complete with big comfy robes and thick towels. The TV had only 2 or 3 stations (Sky news & CNN) which was dissapointing as it was a 5 star - there was also a facility to check your room account on the Tv too, but alas didnt work... the reception was fuzzy and broken and obviously not been maintained....as the TV socket was hanging onto the floor with gaffer-tape. The balcony was huge and offered a terrific view.
4 out of 5

We went for breakfast and anticipated something amazing, as our PREVIOUS hotel (bahia principe) had a tremendous spread from pancakes & smoothies to Caviar & champagne - but the Villa Cortes breakfast was DREADFULL !!

The pepper pot wouldn't work for my girlfriend, which she assumed to be a blockage - she opened up the back and a lump of green mold fell onto the table - the staff simply brought another one over! no apologies - then they shiftily walked around the restaurant checking the others whilst sniggering about it.

The staff usually bring you coffee as soon as you sit - we had to wait 10-15 minutes for a very luke warm pot of coffee to be brought over by a grumpy lady after we had asked her 3 times - it sounds petty i know, but it does set the mood for the day badly.

The toaster machine took 3 attempts to warm up your bread (forget toasting it) and the fruit selection was essentially 4 bowls of watery fruit swilling round. There was 1 x lady who did the breakfast 'to order' although she didnt really speak english and because of the number of guests, it took a further 10-15 minutes for her to fry an egg (something i would have expected to have been in a hot tray for you to grab yourself). Overall Breakfast 0 out of 5 - we didnt even bother going to it on our last morning! It was lame and i can't understand the praise given in other feedbacks saying its great - trust me, me and my partner are far from fussy (infact we'd eat anything) but this was rubbish.

The pool area was fabulous, with a beautiful pool and the surrounding area decked-out in a timber floor. The waitress at poolside worked tirelessy to ask you if you wanted a drink which she swiftly brought over and then charged to your room (drinks were a little pricey though). 5 out of 5

Hotel Restaurants: Me and my partner absolutely LOVE mexican food and this was the basis for choosing the hotel as they claimed to have mexican chef's preparing authentic mexican dishes....rubbish ! - our first night we gandered into the EMPTY mexcan restaurant at 8.30 and were shuffled onto the street terrace by a GERMAN girl where 2 other couple were eating (to make it look from the outside that the place was buzzing i assume).

We had chicken fajita's - it was served with 2 types of guacamole (why?)- no refried beans, no sour cream(they didnt have any) no salsa. It was watery and never came out sizzling and the flavour was simply..chicken, with some red and green peppers on it... 1 out of 5 (I now understand why the place was only 5% full )

The other restaurant was CLOSED and that so the following night we tried the German-pub, which was well set out with a large copper vat behind the bar and the beer was tremendous - although the spaniard serving us wearing lederhosen was a little bizzarre!

Overall the building is lovely and the rooms are solid with no cross-noise from anywhere - the pool side area is tremendous and these area make the holiday - but the restaurants, breakfasts and general sloppy service mark this place down for me.

They could well do with recruiting proper hotel staff, rather than employing graduates who are on a tourism-degree gap year - this i feel would lift the place up to its potential - and the breakfast scenario needs a complete overhaul for it to be a 5 star on facilities and not just brickwork.

I feel the premises themselves keep this place alive - as i have stayed in far less grand hotels and have enjoyed far better service and food. A shame, hence my score = "Okay, but some problems""

• Travel date: Fri 20th of October 2006

Relaxed holiday

"We were very impressed with this hotel, the staff were friendly and very attentive. The hotel itself is very beautiful and lives up to its Mexican theme in every way, the decor is sumptuous.

Our room was very spacious and comfortable, clean towels and sheets every day.

We did have a problem with the air conditioning in the room, which we reported. The hotel offered to move us to another room but we decided to stay put as we loved the room so much. On our last night we returned to the room to find a gorgeous meal and bottle of wine set up for us, and a note to say that they were very concerned that we had not moved and were amazed that we had not complained more!

We cannot praise the staff more, nothing was too much trouble and they made our stay very special."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of October 2006

Excellent Hotel

"We stayed at this Hotel from 5th -12th September, and we cannot praise the Hoel and staff too highly. From the momemt we arrived and were greeted by our "names" the staff did everything possible to ensure that we had a very enjoyable stay.
The Hotel is very spacious and we had a standard room which was big and very comfortable, a King Size bed which was turned down each night. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis so we cannot comment on the restaurants, however the breakfast was first class plenty of variety, and eggs, ommlettes and even steaks all cooked to order. The Hotel was quiet so there were plenty of sunbeds available, and even at the week end when it was busier there were still plenty oif sun beds available. We had lunches at the Beach Bar which had a great sea view.
All in all we had a great time in a first class Hotel where the staff go out of their way to ensure that you do have a relaxing holiday.
We will certainly return"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

Mt boyfriend and I stayed here for one w...

"Mt boyfriend and I stayed here for one week at the end of September 2006, this is a lovely hotel, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms and bathrooms of a high standard. We had a room overlooking the pool which also gave us a good view of the sea. We had a very pleasant an relaxing stay in fact we are going to stay again in Feb (2008) over valentines day, looking forward to it."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of January 2008

My husband and I have just come back fro...

"My husband and I have just come back from a two week stay at the Villa cortes and we loved it.

We were on honeymoon and the staff made sure we were looked after. The room we stayed in was 299 and is a very peaceful room overlooking the pool and the beach.

The room was cleaned everyday and we had clean towels twice a day. We were bed and breakfast, the breakfast was a buffet style. You had a wide range of choice from Fruit to a full fry up.

I would deffinitely recommend it and we are thinking on going back in August.

• Travel date: Tue 4th of September 2007

Hotels near Europe Villa Cortes

Stayed at Europe Villa Cortes? Share your insight.

Europe Villa Cortes is also called