Colon II Apartments

Avenida Santiago Puig s/n, 38650 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife Spain

great stay at the Colon 2

"We have just returned from a weeks holiday at Colon 2 Apartments and would have no hesitation in recommending these apartments. The rooms are well equiped and spotlessly clean, unfortunatley they do not have air conditioning but the do have a ceiling fan which can run through the night to help keep you cool, also fresh towels everyday and the sheets where changed mid week. Staff where very friendly and reception booked our trip to see a show at The Pyramid for us, it was excellent , even our 14 year old daughter enjoyed the dancing.

Reception/bar particulary good, lots of various flavours of ice cream and milk shakes (yummy). Good place to sit in the evening and watch the world go by.
Location very good right in the center of las Americas shops to 1 side bars and clubs to the other.
Would recommend the chinese/japanese restaurant opposite the hotel very good value and friendly"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of June 2008

Fantastic Apartments

"We have just come back from a week in Tenerife and the Colon II apartments are fantastic, suitable for all of of, 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a 3 year old. The apartment was cleaned every day and fresh towels delivered. We had a 2 bedroom apartment on the top floor over looking the pool with a huge double balcony and terrace which had an outdoor table and chairs and 4 sun beds. The complex was spotless, the lift always working and there wasn't any noise at night. The pool was clean and not too cold. There were always plenty of sunbeds and some umbrellas for the shade. We will definitely stay at the Colon II apartments next time we visit Tenerife."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of May 2008

Simply great!

"The Colon II apartments deserve all the praise they get. The complex is conveniently situated and very well appointed with cleaners on the go quite literally from dawn till dusk. Booked an apartment through the Thomson website and got the flight with Thomas Cook Airlines and that gave us a very reasonably priced February break at £235 each for the two of us. As recommended on tripadvisor we took a taxi to Las Americas and this did indeed work out cheaper then the transfers we could have booked with either tour operator and it saved the waiting around. We had a 2 bedroom apartment and these are situated on the top floor. The apartments have a large balcony with sun beds provided. It’s worth mentioning that some of the smaller apartments that overlook the pool didn’t get any direct sunlight during the day sun. That said, there is always sun around part of the pool and there appeared to be plenty of quality sun beds available. Lot's of restaurants nearby but it's hard to beat Mamma Rosa’s which is independently run but forms part of the Colon II complex. The food is just great. Our best excursion was to Mount Tiede. Really is worth the money as you get to see a completely different part of the island. If you are planning a trip to La Gomera we’d recommend you go with one of the organised excursions. We decided that a whole day would be too much for us and so booked ferry tickets ourselves, The tickets cost as much as a typical whole day excursion with lunch thrown in and you see very little of the island from the main port at San Sebastian. Lovely ferry crossing with some great views of the coast. When booking the accommodation, we were a little concerned that Colon II and Las Americas in general maybe to far away from the better beaches at Los Christianos but they are only a 10-15 minutes easy level walk away. Although there is plenty of nightlife in Las Americas if you want it, I don't think it should put anyone off visiting the resort. There is just so much else to see and do and the Colon II Apartments deserve a higher rating."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of April 2008

Fantastic Complex

"This Hotel was excellent in every way. The reception staff were very helpful and the complex is ideally situated a short walk from the beach and between Los cristianos and Playa de las Americas, so you get the best of both worlds. We found the restaurants on the Los Cristianos side superior to those in Playa de las Americas but the entertainment was better in the latter. If you want a little British nightlie, then Central Junction is the place to go as the entertainment is first class. We had a great meal at the Blue Marlin in Los Cristianos and again on the seafront but meals at seafront restaurants in the Americas were less enjoyable. The Freebird company tours are first class We did the 3 hour catamaran trip and the VIP Tiede by night trip. Thank you Martin for such a great evening!
The island tour was a good day out but you do spend too long on the coach. However its good if the weather is poor as you see the whole of the island and get to spend some time in Puerto de la Cruz and in Candeleria.
I went on this holiday with my 80 year old dad and there was something for both of us. We felt safe and confident to go anywhere. Try it, you'll love it !"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of April 2008

Great time at the Colon 2

"Firstly let me just say having not been to Tenerife for quite a while I have to say I am pleasantly surprised just how much it has changed, and is continueing to change for the better.

Now, onto the Colon2 apartments, they are great! spot on location, kept spotless every day, and have helpful and friendly staff. The apartments are spacious with everything that you could need, when you want something to eat you have a choice of hundreds of restaurants within a short walk (although I must point out that the Little Italy Restaurant at Vista Sur beach is one we would NEVER re-visit) If you want lively bars etc. turn right out of the apartments. If you want a quieter time then turn left out of the apartments and head towards the Marie Nostrum compex and the Safari shopping centre.

People ask me why I spend so much time on this site researching the places to stay and yet again I can honestly say that I would not have considered going to these apartments if it had not been for the reviews on here."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of April 2008

Excellent

"The colon 2 is excellent and very suitable for everyone of all ages,
myself my husband and 4 kids went in march the pool is really clean and safe for kids (although it is very cold)
the maid service is excellent change of towels and cleaned daily the staff wer lovely,
the location was excellent. i couldnt fault it. i would return here."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of March 2008

Ideal Location

Good

"Ideal location in Las Americas, large spacious rooms, good pool area (safe for kids). Within easy walk of all Americas attractions with the local 'train' outside for transport to the Aqua Park.

Would definately return."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of October 2007

Great Apartments, Great Location

Good

"Was really impressed the standard of accommodation provided in these apartments, located near to all the Clubs and "rowdy" bars if thats you're thing and close by to all the nice bars and restaurants and only a 10 min walk to Safari Centre and Harry's Bar to watch the Water show.

We stayed in a 2 bed apartment on the top floor, which was plenty big enough for my wife and I and our 3 children (Age 13,5,3).

The complex was cleaned, almost obsessively, throughout our 7 day stay and our room was cleaned 5 out 7 days (we turned them away the other 2 days).

All of the staff were very helpful and always made a point of greeting you when you were passing through reception.

Overall, I would reccommend the Colon II to anyone going to PDLA as it is suitable for all age ranges and we will almost certainly return."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of October 2007

Excellent and Central

"Booked Our Holiday through Just A Holiday Company and had a fantastic 4 days break. Apartments were spacious and very clean. Pool Area was great, never a problem getting a sunbed and the pool bar was very well priced with a good selection of drinks and food. Supermarket just accross the road and 100's of bars and restauants 2 minutes walk from the apartments

Apartments are in brilliant location. Turn Right outside and 5 mins walk to veronicas for nightlife or turn left and 5 mins walk brings you to the more upmarket end of town with some fantastic restaurants opposite the Cleopatra Palace Hotel

All in All great holiday, would definatley return"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of July 2007

Colon II Apartments

Good

"Stayed in the Colon II in December 2005. Got a really good deal through the Thompson website so I was willing to live with something that did not measure up to expectation. The Apartments lived up to their review. Recently refurbuished the rooms and surroundings are of a high standard that I would class as better than most 3 stars. The pool is a good size with a poolside cafe. In the centre of Playa De Americas so well located. Only downside is that the nosie does tend to carry and I was woken up a couple of times by an noisy group. All in all I would recommend it and would stay there again."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of March 2006

WHOO.

"Lovely and clean,fab location,very pleasant staff.lovely pool and surrounding areas. Added bonus iceland around the corner.i would recommend colon2.and we will return one day.easy transfer from airport."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of March 2015

Amazing, please stay here!

"Please stay in this hotel, I can not express how beautiful it is! When we booked up (3 girls)we were bit worried after reading a few dodgy reviews about Colon II, but my god we had no need to be!! The website & pictures do no justice to this hotel, it really is beautiful. The apartments & hotel is massive! When you arrive, it looks like a little coffee house. I have to admit, me and my friends were a little confused when we saw it, thinking 'This is going to to be so tiny' but boy we were wrong! As soon as you get through reception (And the staff are so welcoming and helpful) it is like your in another place! I can't explain how squeaky clean the whole complex is, and the rooms are brilliant too - Extremely comfortable beds, good sized kitchen and a large bathroom with brilliant bath & shower facilities. The cleaners are so on the ball - When we came in from a beautiful day at the pool, our room would be once again spotless after we left it in a mess. Our clothes would be folded up neatly, all washing up & drying up done, and completely clean bed linen every day - The cleaners never seem to stop! The pool boor serves gorgeous food, and it isn't really that expensive - I had a full english every single morning and it didn't dissapoint once! The pool is huge, I mean really huge and like everything else, is gleaming. I read lots of reviews of having to run for sun loungers & get up early - What a load of rubbish. We went at the busiest time and didn't go to the pool until around 11 every morning, there were always plently of sunbeds! Please stay at this hotel, i guarantee that you will not be dissapointed. Perfect for family holidays, couples and nightlife. If you walk right out of the hotel, around 3 - 4 minutes is the strip of hotels and bars (but you don't hear a thing at night), and if you walk left you have a selection of chilled out bar and restaurants, this hotel is smack bang in the middle which is perfect!! Have a fab time, and if you can, take part in the Mayhem Bar Crawl - 3 nights out for like $30 with free shots every night, competitions and a massive free barbecue! Have a wicked time in Playa De Las Americas, I will definitely be visiting here again!!!! :)"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of July 2012

Hotels near Colon II Apartments

Stayed at Colon II Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Colon II Apartments

• V Flynn by V Flynn

"Put of going for years cos it always seemed a chavvy place, but its actually very upmarket! "

• V Flynn by V Flynn

"definatly walking along the seafront either left or right was amazing, just booked to go back! "

• Lisa N.Ireland by Lisa N.Ireland

"Siam water park, Jungle park "

• rebecca r by rebecca r

"loved this place so much we have already booked another holiday to colon 2 "

• Bill Blyth by Bill Blyth

"Worth the extra money you may pay. "

• Eva by Eva

"The hotel is nice and clean "

• sankeith by sankeith

"when you come outside of Colon2 turn left down the main strip and you could be in Los Christianos in 20 mins. Turn right make your way up to Costa Adeje. lovely marina/beach there. "

• kk by kk

"keep it family orientated and pay attention to detail in the rooms,bring in entertainment. "

• o88 by o88

"make sure the safe in your room is in working order "

• xlooloox by xlooloox

"Perfect place for family, couples and groups - Brilliant atmosphere, could not reccommend more "

• Caroline P by Caroline P

"JUST ENJOY.YOU DONT GO ON HOLIDAYS TO BE MISERABLE "