Cleopatra Palace Hotel

Avenida De Las Americas Playa del Camison, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Arona, Tenerife Spain

don't eat the food !

Reviewed Mon 14th of November 2016

"Been five years running to the Cleopatra.....never again, it has suffered badly I can put up with the poor decor the dated rooms and always stayed at the hotel, the loud music till 1 every night and it is just the evening meals they are truly awe full no wonder they only opened half the restaurant. the location is fantastic luckily there are loads of restaurants. there are many hotels to choose from this should be classed as a 2 star now its such a shame. the floor staff and cleaners are excellent, maybe they should employ the cleaners in the restaurant ! oh don't complain either it really annoys them....find another hotel as this one will spoil your holiday"

• Travel date: Fri 21st of October 2016

fawlty towers night mare nostrum would be a better name for this hotel

Reviewed Thu 5th of July 2012

"In April my wife and I booked a ten day stay at THE CLEOPATRA HOTEL at a cost of two thousand ponds, on arrival the staff at reception spoke very poor english couldn't understand her, a good start, the room was very tired looking and we thought basic certainly not four star as stated in brochure. The balcony was very small broken chairs tatty table, all was reported nothing was done, by three days later all hell broke loose just down the corridor 3 rooms from us DEMOLITION DERBY they decided to remove the reception area completely and replace it, HAMMER DRILLS, CONCRETE WALLS removed, all work carried out by JOHN WAYNE SONS COWBOYS outfit, people were walking over nails, screws,myself included had a screw in my foot. All this work was carried out on a balcony over the dining area, plaster dust floating down onto the tables glad we did not have an evening meal. The only thing we enjoyed was the breakfast anything you wanted and the sea view from room."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of July 2012

EXCELLENT HOTEL CANT WAIT TO GO BACK

Reviewed Tue 1st of November 2011

"service was excellent staff couldnt do enough for you beach on the doorstep rooms were cleaned everyday think the cleaners worked 24 hours a day pool was magnificent breakfast was fresh and plenty of choice cant wait to go back rebooked for next year on arrival check in was fast and very efficient champagne on arrival nice touch "

• Travel date: Mon 31st of October 2011

Worst service ever!

Reviewed Mon 12th of September 2011

"My husband & I went for an overnight get away. By phone we were quoted for a sea view room. When we arrived it did have a sea view but two single beds pushed together. Obviously we want to sleep in the same bed (BTW when we booked the girl knew we wanted a queen bed). We kindly asked for a new room. They told us all their seaview rooms with queen beds are booked, so we could keep what we have or move to a room with a queen bed without a seaview. We unhappily opted to move rooms. They never said they would compensate us in anyway for this. We were still expected to pay the sea view room rate eventhough they down graded our room. We ventured out of the room to check out the facility & beach. We were astonished when they actually advertise a beach! Their "beach" was man-made from cement walls with lounge chairs on dried up brown grass! This is Greece we're talking about, you can't call that a beach! This all took about 1hr when we decided lets just leave because it was ridiculous. We told the girl at the reception we'd like to leave. She never asked why only responding very aggressively that we have to pay 50euro if we want to leave or they would call the police. Whoa! Why do we owe money we ask? Because you signed the paper to stay here, she said. Yes but we just checked in & we're unhappy we said. We were not getting through to this girl. We stepped to the side to contemplate staying just so we don't have to give this hotel 50 euro for no reason. After a few minutes she yells over to us "are you going to pay the 50euro or leave" We were astonished she was talking to us this way. We ask her do you really think it's fair for us to pay 50euro when we've only been here an hour? She walks away & comes back with the manager who continues to speak to us very aggressively saying that if we don't pay 50euro that we won't get out the door! All this time we never said we weren't going to pay. In the end we were treated extremely rude were given no hospitality, talked to aggressively & with tempers & left with 50euro less in our pockets & a very sour taste from this establishments false advertising."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of September 2011

NEVER again...

Reviewed Tue 23rd of August 2011

"We have just returned from our summer holiday to the Mare Nostrum Resort, in the Mediterranean palace hotel
We stayed for 7 night’s half board and could not wait to come home, we even joined and booked via the Expo membership to have the extra experience which we never got. Not one bit, not even a drink on arrival.
Hotel was extremely out dated, cracks, mould and quick fix jobs everywhere around the hotel. We had a suit with a mountain view which was large enough for a family of 4 but only had one cupboard and 4 draws and 4 small draws in the TV cabinet …. So had to live out our case!!

The kids club had very little security with 10 minutes of leaving our 5 year old daughter she came to find us after the rest of the club went to the go-karting without her, she spent the entire afternoon with us with out any of the staff noticing she was not there.

The house keeping woke us up every morning talking to each from adjacent room and moving furniture, even after complaining to reception and being told it would not happen again it still continued, even louder. You can hear the people in the next room talking through the walls. When getting to the hotel we were given very little information on Entertainment and amenities even no spa information, which we intended to use but ended up not being able to use after the incident with the children club.

In addition to this when trying to contact them afer via the contact page, the website crashed every time I have tried.

When emailing them directly, I exchanged a number of emails with them, an extremely poor excuse for the mistake and horrid experience we had and then they refused to pass me the details of there head office.
I am appalled at the way the customer service was dealt with during and after our stay.

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2011

Excellent !!

Reviewed Thu 23rd of June 2011

"Just returned from a relaxing break at the Cleopatra Palace, decided on B&B because we like to eat out and breakfast was my only gripe as poor quality bacon and lack of a decent pork sausage was a let down, plenty of lighter options though to choose from, as for rooms, staff and facilities this hotel cannot be faulted,location is in the heart of Las Americas where you can step on to the beach or cross road to the the many shops etc, will book again next year."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of June 2011

Great Hotel Horrible Food

Reviewed Sun 3rd of April 2011

"Great hotel although was mostly filled with old couples. A lot of variety in breakfast buffet although food was tasteless. Horrible! Apart from this hotel was brilliant. Couldn't fault staff at all. Nice rooms and nice view. Would definitly reccommend and can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of March 2011

Cleopatra palace

Reviewed Thu 17th of February 2011

"The staff and food were excellent and the Gala dinner evenings and staff entertaining were very enjoyable and worthwhile.
If you have never experienced a backache and you do not wish to then ask for a topper on the bed .
The pool beds are even harder (made of concrete) and will give you the bad back you avoided by having a topper on the room bed.
A number of clients cottoned on to the concrete beds and went to the Med Palace next door.
This is why the Med Palace pool was almost full and the Cleopatra pool approximately one third full.
In the Summer, I can see a real problem as there will be no spare pool beds for the numerous Cleopatra clients not wanting to have a bad back !!
The evening entertainment was ok but very much geared to older people.
The nightclub was ok but the singers there -with the exeption of the piano player -are Karaoke standard.
Harry's bar over the road is worth a visit."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of February 2011

Don't go, if you want peace and quiet and value for money.

Reviewed Fri 7th of January 2011

"A 5* hotel - Definitely not!!!! The entrance area is impressive but our bedroom and the restaurant were 3*, at best.
I paid 1,900 Euros for 7 nights + breakfast from 28 Dec (+3 Euros per night for a safe + 15 Euro deposit for a pool towel + 6 Euros per hour for internet + I am not sure what charge to open the room fridge, as it was locked).
Call me stupid but after that lot, I expected 5* service because that is how this hotel describes itself.
We were given room 5059 and it had dirty walls, cracked and stained/patched tiles, bathroom ceiling paint peeling and bubbling, mould around the bath (which I tried to clean), an old TV perched about 5 feet in the air. My wife said nothing as I think she was hoping things might improve. They didn't.

Breakfast was in a huge barn of a dining room. It was total bedlam - it reminded me of feeding time at the zoo, with men, women and children (a LOT of children) swarming in hordes between two self-service points containing very average food. And, as we left the dining room, there was a crowd of about 20 exercising on static bikes near the pool. Great, but the boom, boom, boom of the accompanying music did not bode well for a relaxing holiday for old fogies such asmy wife and me. Between the noise, the crowds and the modest quality of supposedly 5* food, the holiday's prospects were beginning to look quite ominous.

So, I approached reception and discussed the bedroom and breakfast conditions, casually mentioning also the boom, boom,boom-related implications for a morning lie-in for anyone in need of it.
I asked if we could move to a different location within the complex. I was told that all other, similar accommodation was booked but that, anyway, a move would have cost me an extra 27 Euros per day.
I asked could we have breakfast at a quieter hotel area. I was told it was possible but would cost an extra 12 Euros per day.
At that point, my wife said she would prefer to go home.

So, I bit the bullet and we moved to the 5** Sir Anthony hotel within the complex
for an extra 800 Euros. Let me put this another way - we moved from one 5* hotel in Mare Nostrum to another 5* there, not because I wanted to spend more money, but just to achieve a quiet stay.

In the Sir A, I was told that the Mediterranean Palace is now being geared towards families. I filled in a customer survey and, when he saw it, the Director/General Manager asked to meet me. I told him all I have written, here and, interestingly, he agreed that the Mediterranean Palace needed to be refurbished. Otherwise, he simply nodded as I spoke and he said little.

My conclusions - if you want a quiet holiday, totally avoid the Mediterranen Palace.

• Travel date: Thu 6th of January 2011

Another Brilliant Time at Mare Nostrum

Reviewed Wed 20th of March 2013

"Just back from a week in Tenerife and had a super time at Mare Nostrum. We decided this time to upgrade to a superior room with plunge pool. Although a lot more expensive than an ordinary room, it was worth it. We were lucky to get a pool view room that we could also see the sea and beach from. If you were too hot, you could go into your pool to cool off or into the room. I agree with other reviewers that the rooms are a little tired but we still enjoyed our stay. They were always cleaned well every day and we had plenty of towels. We stayed on a B&B rate and as always the breakfasts were excellent. We have already booked to go again in October."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of April 2010

Just lacks something

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"Staff were friendly and polite, rooms clean and tidy, but starting to get a little tired.
Good position for Restraunts etc. but needed to be as food not good. They appear to be refurbing parts of the main lobby when we were there.
Would consider returning if the price was right."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of March 2010

Nice hotel, but everthing cost there,gym,table tennis,and its not cheap.

Reviewed Fri 22nd of February 2013

"a very nice and clean hotel, the staff were friendly ,not great at speaking english, shows were awful,very tacky,evening entertainment was rubbish,everything costs table tennis,tennis,gym, spa really expensive,the sattelight consisted of 5 news channels and there was no internet ,"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of May 2009

Hotels near Cleopatra Palace Hotel

Stayed at Cleopatra Palace Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Cleopatra Palace Hotel

• Expected much more by Expected much more

"Avoid the Mediterranean Palace "

• Clea by Clea

"Pick the sea view room. Worth that little bit extra "

• glowgrl by glowgrl

"Don't even bother going! "

• AF by AF

"pool view recommended "

• belbow by belbow

"BOOK ANOTHER HOTEL WERE THEY SPEAK ENGLISH "

• kevinn by kevinn

"only go b & b as its ok, the evening meals are terrible, or eat in the sister hotel next door "

Cleopatra Palace Hotel is also called

• Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)
  • Cleopatra Palace Hotel