We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Cleopatra Palace Hotel

Avenida de las Americas s/n Playa del Camison, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife Spain

Another Brilliant Time at Mare Nostrum

"Just back from a week in Tenerife and had a super time at Mare Nostrum. We decided this time to upgrade to a superior room with plunge pool. Although a lot more expensive than an ordinary room, it was worth it. We were lucky to get a pool view room that we could also see the sea and beach from. If you were too hot, you could go into your pool to cool off or into the room. I agree with other reviewers that the rooms are a little tired but we still enjoyed our stay. They were always cleaned well every day and we had plenty of towels. We stayed on a B&B rate and as always the breakfasts were excellent. We have already booked to go again in October."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of April 2010

Just lacks something

Good

"Staff were friendly and polite, rooms clean and tidy, but starting to get a little tired.
Good position for Restraunts etc. but needed to be as food not good. They appear to be refurbing parts of the main lobby when we were there.
Would consider returning if the price was right."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of March 2010

Nice hotel, but everthing cost there,gym,table tennis,and its not cheap.

"a very nice and clean hotel, the staff were friendly ,not great at speaking english, shows were awful,very tacky,evening entertainment was rubbish,everything costs table tennis,tennis,gym, spa really expensive,the sattelight consisted of 5 news channels and there was no internet ,"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of May 2009

a great place to stay

"Arrived back from the Mare Nostrum in Las Americas on 20-3-2009 where we stayed for 2 weeks.This was our 5th time of staying at this hotel and plan to go back in September.In general the hotel is very good and i cant believe some of the views its had from other reviewers.The rooms are abit basic but very clean with maid service every day that changed our towls and cleaned the rooms.The one thing that did annoy us was that out of 45 tv channels there are only 3 English speaking channels and they were news programms.The other channels are Spanish & mostly German.We stayed bed & breakfast which were fantastic.The pool area was great and very clean and our 2 year old daughter loved it in the heated childrens pool.The hotel was packed but there was still plenty of sun lounges to chose from.One gripe i had though was the prices at the poolside bar/cafe.2 toasties,2 small glasses of coke and 1 bowl of chips for 20 euros then you are expected to leave a %10 tip.Dont think so! You cant get a better location to stay.Everything you need is right on your doorstep and the hotel is 20m from the beach.I will give you 1 bit of advice though,what ever money you were planning on taking add %40.Its so expensive.If you drink and eat in the lairey bars near the hotel its very costly but if you find the little british bars its much better value and the foods nicer aswell.cant wait till september"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of March 2009

Stayed here 6X before and Going Back in April 2009

Good

"We have stayed at this hotel (resort) six times previously and are due to return in April '09. It is well situated with plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. We particularly like the Chicken Jalapeno in the Mexican restaurant on the sea front.

We only ever stay B & B and the breakfasts are always fine. Plenty of choice both hot and cold.

The rooms are larger than many we have experienced and the beds are huge.

The pool areas are nice, if you like laying in the sun all day, which I don't but my partner does. The back of the hotel has access to the promenade which runs for miles in both directions and is great if you enjoy a walk.

This is NOT a 4/5 star hotel and we have never been led to believe that it is. It is probably equal to a 3 star at home but if you want luxury then they have a 5 star hotel in the resort and it looks fabulous.

We have never had any cause to complain about anything which is why we have continued to return year after year. Lets hope everything is okay in April. Watch this space."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of January 2009

absolutely shocking

"Disgusted with this hotel, worst I have ever stayed in. Air con unit and telephone didn't work, the walls were paper thin so the shouting and the randy couples felt like they were in with you. The food was completely unpalatable and finished far before the allotted hour. To top off my five day stay the maids stole £235 worth of cash and goods and the reception staff were not only unhelpful about it but down right rude and insulting.....if you are this desperate just bring a tent."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of September 2008

great location

Good

"thehotel rooms maybe a little jaded now but i'll certainly be returning.location is great,staff are very friendly,champagne on arrival appreciated also fresh sheets every 2nd day and breakfasts are good,some people might complain about trivial things,but i enjoyed it.please try the italian restaurant in the plaza,the soul suite is a must (especially on a sunday/tuesday at 10.45)and the chinese next to it is excellent,ifbuying from lookie guys who work the Strip ,Bobby is your best guy.happy holiday!"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

fantastic pools!

Good

"I stayed here for a work conference and was very impressed. It was 'sold' to me as 4* so I was not disappointed.

The pools look great, the location is great and if you are going a little further afield the taxi rank is very close.

Considering they were catering for 400+ the food was very, very good. The few times I ate outside of the conference plan the food was just as good.

Only downside I can think of was the lack of storage space for leaving luggage (for late departures) and the slowness of reception with min bar keys and safe deposit box keys.

The rest of the staff were helpful and friendly.

I did find the 'show' entertainment a bit naff but if you are a family with small children I am sure it will be right."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

Where are the 5 stars service?

"I just arrived from this trip and I can tell that I was very disappointing with the global service.
Food always the same, dirty glasses, cups, forks, spoons, plates (I did find some sugar packets in the middle of the cleaned plates) and so on... The waiters were not very friendly (maybe because they were working 16 hours a day!) .
This is not a good place to bring your kids also.
Just terrible for the price we've paid and the service we actually been delivered.
All the things work if we complain! It's not supposed to happen this way!
My advise is : complain and you will be well served!"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of August 2007

Good Hotel

Good

"This hotel is situated in a good tourist area but not too exotic, everything is made for tourists and doesn't look natural. Beeing on an island we expected lots of fresh fish but all the restaurants were steak-house and eglish pubs and served lots of things form italian to american so nothing was fresh.In the hotel the rooms were very nice and the breakfast was fantastic, we had a room with a sea-view really nice and the staff was helpfull.
The hotel is impressive and we liked our stay there but we probably won't return because of the island wich is more commercial than exotic."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of July 2006

Loved the Cleopatra Palace

Good

"Just arrived back from 7 nights at the Cleopatra Palace Hotel. What a lovely hotel - friendly and efficient staff, spotlessly clean rooms - just two reasons why I would recommend the hotel and will definitely be planning a return visit.

We booked flights online (with BA) and reserved our rooms directly via the hotel website. Touched down in Tenerife at 20:20 and were enjoying our first beer in the hotel at 21:00, having already been checked in by extremely friendly staff.

Our room had king-size bed which is a nice change from many European hotels. We booked a sea view which was certainly worth the extra, although our teenagers shared a room overlooking the pool which was also lovely.

Breakfast in the hotel was excellent with many choices from full cooked "English" breakfast, cereal, fruit, cold meats and several types of bread/pastries. Service was very good with plenty of staff on hand to re-fill coffee/tea.

We did not eat in the hotel restaurants, finding several excellent eateries across the road above the exclusive shopping complex. We tried Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Italian and Spanish, all of which were extremely high quality.

The hotel is situated in a beautiful, well-maintained area of Playa de las Americas - we did venture one day up to the renowned "Veronicas" but were extremely relieved to return to the Mare Nostrum Resort.

The hotel appeared to be only half-full, although school holidays have not yet begun so this may change. Entertainment was not a priority for us as we wanted just to relax by the pool each day but for anyone expecting lots of entertainment / activities I would recommend you choose the Med Palace next door which is part of the same complex but has lots of children's and adult entertainment on offer.

The Snack Bar situated by the poolside offered the usual Toasted Sandwich/French Fries combinations etc and provided a steady supply of cold drinks during the day - staff extremely friendly.

Overall a wonderful restful holiday in a hotel that offered absolutely everything we wanted. We will definitely be going back."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of July 2006

Nice but overpriced!!!!!

"I have just recently come back from this hotel and was very disappointed... The location of the hotel was good and then staff were friendly, but the rooms, entertainment and food were very poor and not what I world expect in a 5* a'la carte property. We had a pool view room which I would not recommend if your looking for a quiet room as it got very noisy throughout the day. The Cleopatra Palace pool is very small so I would recommend the Mediterranean Palace next door. The rooms were very small and woud definitely only fit two people comfortably. Entertainment in the evening I would definitely recommend going into Los Cristianos which is about 5 minutes from the hotel...

Overall friendly staff and great location, but not worth the 5* price!"

• Travel date: Fri 30th of June 2006

Hotels near Cleopatra Palace Hotel

Stayed at Cleopatra Palace Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Cleopatra Palace Hotel

• Expected much more by Expected much more

"Avoid the Mediterranean Palace "

• Clea by Clea

"Pick the sea view room. Worth that little bit extra "

• glowgrl by glowgrl

"Don't even bother going! "

• AF by AF

"pool view recommended "

• belbow by belbow

"BOOK ANOTHER HOTEL WERE THEY SPEAK ENGLISH "

• kevinn by kevinn

"only go b & b as its ok, the evening meals are terrible, or eat in the sister hotel next door "

Cleopatra Palace Hotel is also called

• Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)
  • Cleopatra Palace Hotel