Disgusting

Reviewed Fri 23rd of September 2016

"This hotel is terrible,I leave on Saturday the 24 of September and can't wait.The room had rot and holes at the bottom of the door,had to go and get my key card sorted 4 times,the curtain was hanging off,the air conditioner was crap couldn't sit on the balcony because it was always covered in water,got (cleaned daily) but no clean sheets,my room was next to the stairs so the door was getting banged constantly,When I placed the key card into the light gadget the lights kept going off so had to be replaced,had to get a door fitted on the wardrobe.complained and was told that I had to pack my stuff and come down to reception and wait until a room became available,was told this twice.PLEASE PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of September 2016

Never disappointed with this hotel!

Reviewed Tue 5th of January 2016

"Another fantastic holiday at the Oro Negro. Lovely rooms, spacious, clean, and the cleaning staff are lovely.

The restaurant has a huge variety of quality food with something for everyone.

Entertainment for adults and children is provided during the day and evening, or you can relax on one of the sunbeds around the pool (also a kids pool available). The poolside bar provides a range of snacks and the prices are very reasonable.

All the staff are friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make your holiday as relaxing and pleasant as possible. You cannot fault the service this hotel provides. I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past several years and the turnover in staff is very limited which says a lot about the management and company.

They added another positive feature this year... a gym. What a great idea.... half an hour of exercise each morning set me up for the day.

The Oro Negro is just a 10 minute walk away from the beach and local shops, bars and restaurants.

No comments on the pool because only my toe tested the temperature, but it looks very inviting. My only gripe is guests putting their towels on the sunbeds early on a morning whilst they have breakfast or go shopping for half the day. There are enough sunbeds to go round so why people feel they have to do this is beyond me.

In conclusion, thank you to everyone at Oro Negro.... a great hotel. Had a fantastic and relaxing Christmas holiday and will be returning in 2016!

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of January 2016

Hotel oro negro

Reviewed Mon 29th of June 2015

"June 2015, just returned after spending 10 days at this hotel. Hotel was clean, rooms cleaned on daily basis. staff are friendly. We had breakfast and evening meal and can not fault them on the food, it was lovely, with a good variety everyday. its about 10 minutes walk to the beach. The only problem with this hotel is there is a busy road outside,and its in the red light district, with prostitutes sitting on the steps outside and standing on the car park across the road. would not stay here again would prefer to be closer to the beach and main shopping area where you feel safer."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of June 2015

lovely staff.

Reviewed Wed 18th of June 2014

"Been at this hotel about eight times now, last time we stayed there was 9th June to 16th June 2014 and it was a nightmare as the hotel was taken over by 20 something Spanish kids who played music from 12 midnight till 5am and the manger just said there was nothing they could do.they also took over the pool, sunbeds and brollies. never going again!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of June 2014

hotel and staff and manager first class thomson rep rubbish

Reviewed Mon 24th of February 2014

"Stayed for 2weeks 4th to 18th February 2014 all staff lovely and manager very attentive when in a difficult situation as we were not happy with base room on ground level.got sorted minute he new.champagne an fruit sent to our room thank you very much .as for Thomson rep Stacey didn't want to no any problems useless .so many people also had problems with her .i don't think she is capable of this job. get her out Thomson . once again thank you the staff and you first class manager at oro negro ."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of February 2014

helpful staff

Reviewed Tue 19th of February 2013

"stayed at this hotel from jan 18th-25th 2013 after trouble with pickpockets at the start of our holiday,which I must say the staff really help us,we were given room 227which is right above the laundry.we were woken up at 7.30am with the bed and floor vibrating because the spin dryer is right underneath.we complained to reception who changed our room.food was fine,and plenty of choice and waiters were very pleasant,entertainment was not good,but there are plenty other hotels and bars with good shows.good value for money"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of February 2013

defiantly go back

Reviewed Fri 12th of February 2010

"My husband and i have just come home after staying for two weeks. We found the hotel very clean and the staff always pleasant and very helpful.There was a great variety of different dishes every night and were do you get entr'acte steaks with free champagne in a 3 star hotel four times in a fortnight. There was someone cooking fresh meat or fish every evening and for breakfast they would do you omelette's of your choice.
There was not much choice for puddings but the meals defiantly made up for them the only complaint i had was the sunbeds were very uncomfortable and needed renewing.
Also thanks to the entertainment staff you were brilliant really enjoyed ourselves see you all again soon "

• Travel date: Thu 11th of February 2010

holiday from hell.

Reviewed Fri 15th of January 2010

"I STAYED AT THIS HOTEL IN JAN2010 WITH MY TWO CHILDREN I have never stayed in a hotel like it,it should be a 2star and not a 3star for starters.our room was spacious,but not very clean the cleaners did make the beds but they were not changed for the duration of our stay which was a week,the bathroom had scum on the tiles,and around the toilet and bath.I had to keep asking for towels the dirty ones were taken away but never replaced.we were entertained one night when we returned to our room there was a massive cocaroache scurrying round the bathroom,big tip they dont drown you have to squash them.we also ate out after a couple of days kept getting upset tummy after eating hotel food.I have never stayed at a hotel where some staff are rude and shout at the guests.never,never,again is all I can say it was the holiday from hell."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of January 2010

Would recommend

Reviewed Tue 21st of July 2009

"Me and a friend stayed here, was a lovely hotel food was always nice and pool area always clean. Although we did not really have breakfast every morning on the odd occassion we did it was lovely and plenty to choose from, as for the evening meal could not fault it at all enjoyed it every nite always something new to try. We are aged 20 & 27 and found the hotel caters for all ages, it is not far from the main strip. Becareful of the Prostitutes out on a nite there can be a lot of them hanging a few metres from the hotel, keep your hands in your pockets Fella's they will try a pick pocket you while trying to get you down an ally, other than that the hotel is somewhere id deffinetly go back to in the near future.

Make sure when you do go out head to DESTINY'S bar a lovely couple from county Durham run the pub, they have karaoke on a 3-4nites a week (i think) always a good laugh, very friendly and dont forget to set Johnny (karaoke compare) challenges. To find them, turn left out of the hotel, follow the road down past a few pubs like bus stop at the end there is a a road, and a supermarket over the road, cross over look down the little embankment, and head down the ramp you'll soon receive a great welcome, then once you have found them tell them Jenni says Hi (haha), try Linda's home made cooking its to die for.. once you've had a great giggle you are always going to go back to them honestly we have done for the past 4 times we have been to las americas. And why not pop into the Bus stop on the way back from Destiny normally a few people still there and the PR's are a good laugh."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of July 2009

just got back

Reviewed Fri 5th of June 2009

"were a family of 4,just returned from 1 week holiday in tenerife,stayed at the oro negro,can't complain about anything,staff very friendly and very helpfull,the food was very good allways plenty to choose from,a very clean complex would recomend to anyone."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of June 2009

Indifferent!

Reviewed Wed 26th of November 2008

"I can't in all honesty find much to criticise this hotel for - that said I can't find very much to praise it for either! My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasant stay I can't say we would never return but it would take a very good deal to get us to go back.

Plus points:
Clean, good food (which is varied and well presented), efficient lifts, good sized rooms, pleasant friendly staff and a general very pleasant ambience.

Minus points:
Not enough sunbeds to go round (even in November) maid service was a little bit "hit & Miss", queues for dining room, busy main road right outside, a little off the beaten track.

• Travel date: Wed 26th of November 2008

After staying at this hotel 3 years in a...

Reviewed Sat 26th of July 2008

"After staying at this hotel 3 years in a row, I can see how much it has gone downhill. The guests are mainly spanish, therefore, the entertainment is mainly aimed at them. The food in the restaurant, is good, BUT, very repeative and lots of fish(hake, squid rings and tuna). We have a small kid and he accidentally had an accident in the bed one night - the maid just remade the bed without changing it!! On a plus side, the hotel is clean and food is edible but wont be going back."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

Hotels near Catalonia Oro Negro

Top traveller tips for Catalonia Oro Negro

• J Claxton by J Claxton

"A must go to DESTINY'S directions above "

• J Claxton by J Claxton

"We stayed half board therefore didnt eat out, "

• taylorkid by taylorkid

"plenty good restraunts and shopping. "

• Margaret M by Margaret M