Apartamentos Caribe

Avda. V Centenario 3, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife Spain

Where's me toaster!

"Myself and six mates stayed here from Thursday to Sunday for my stag weekend, due to the price being so cheap we were expecting it to be a bit grim, how wrong we all were!! We all enjoyed it BIG TIME, absolutely no faults with this place! rooms were spotless,staff were great, pool and bar were 100%!!
Shops restaurants bars and clubs were all within 2 minutes walk. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone regardless of age etc and will defo be staying there again in the not too distant future! PS the title was just a running joke about the boy who was getting his knickers in a twist cos he had no toaster in his room!!"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of October 2006

Good for young people

Good

"Stayed in Caribe in July 2006 with five other friends. The apartments are very basic but we had maids in most days to clean. We were quite shocked at how basic the apartments were when we first arrived but after spending only £290 for ten nights we could hardly complain! Kitchen has two hobs and a fridge but when asked the reception gave us a kettle without charge. The pool is clean and big, has a poolside cafe as well as plenty sun-loungers.

Although the kitchen facilities are basic the resturants in Las Americas are very reasonable so finding somehwere to eat was not a problem (try 'Snappy's which is very reasonable and near Starco's strip).

Caribe is perfect for young people, very near the center of Las Americas, short 5min walk to the beach, Veronicas strip and Starco's (now the main strip in Las A.) nightclubs. Taxi's back at night were only about 3/4 euros and worth it for peace of mind.

We loved the nightlife in Tenerife and thought it was better than Magaluf, we found the drinks quite cheap, the cheapest being a bar on veronica's strip called GAS, it is quite small but for 6euros you get half a litre of vodka and mixer, so it is a great place to start your night!!

Ignore the other reviews regarding the reception staff a Caribe, they are quite strict (at midnight you have to switch off your music) but after speaking a bit of spanish to them they were very pleasant and can direct you to the best places to shop and go out for dinner."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of August 2006

July 14th, brilliant

"Again like the last review we went on an 18-30 holiday and was told it was just an 18-30 hotel however upon arrival we were greeted by small children!

First impressions of the hotel were good, the room was clean and tidy and the maids came and cleaned, changed bed sheets and towells 5/7 days. For self catering kitchen was very basic, didnt have an oven toaster or kettle and the fridge didnt do a lot. A safe is on offer, 25 euros and you get 10 back when you hand the key back in. Well worth having. After reading some reviews we were expecting a deposit but we didnt have to pay one but after talking to some guests they did.

After talking to other people on their 18-30 holiday the Caribe was apparently the nicest and had much bigger rooms. They werent allowed to take people back but the security men didnt have a problem with it at the Caribe. Although the night security men were strict when it came to noise (most people around us were issued eviction notices due to noise etc) they were keen to help when two of us forgot to take our keys out n came n let them in but they could be abit ---.

Overall the Caribe is basic but very good, taxis are alwasy going past and cost about 3 euro to central night life, the hill isnt as big as others make out and we couldnt find this dodgy jitty they talk about. A laundrette, internet, pay phone and currency exchange is on offer at the hotel. The pool is clean and plenty of sun lounges on offer as well as a tennis court. Overall we had the best week in Tenerife and would go back tomorrow and stop at Caribe!!!"

----

"this hotel was a joke!!! we got told it was an 18-30 and it defo wasnt!! that staff were arrogant and had no respect for anyone!! we had the police at our door twice because we had music on at 11 o'clock. trust me do not go to this dump!!!! go to the greek islands much nicer people and dont get threatened everywere you go!! oh and we had our room robbed twice and nothing was done about it!!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of July 2006

Clean, basic and friendly

"My friend and I are in our mid-twenties and booked the Caribe as a last minute holiday.

Having read some of the previous reveiws we prepared ourselves for the worst. On arrival we were greeted by a very nice lady who requested a deposit, but explained that this was standard and we would be refunded on check-out.

The hotel was clean and tidy. We were surprised that although the facilities were basic, everything you could possibly need was available (i.e. pots, pans, cutlery).

The pool was clean and well maintained (although I anticipate that visitors staying in the height of the season should not be surprised if the level of housekeeping slips slightly).

Location of the hotel was brilliant. We were 5 mins walk from restaurants, bars and approximately 8 mins from the beach.

We are both reasonably well travelled and think that it should be highlighted that as budget accomodation, Caribe was very good value for money and we would not hesitate to stay there again."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of November 2005

what a dump

"Myself and 2 friends spent a week in Las Americas from 9/9/5 - 16/9/5. Upon ariving at Caribe appartments we were met by the most unpleasant wee man ever. He showed no manner atal, and didnt even look at us whilst demanding a 90.00 Euro breakage deposit! He also refused to issue us with a deposit key until later that day.

Although our apartment was big enough, it was very basic and had been vandalised, there was writting on most of the furnature, and also one of the sockets came away from the wall as my friend was pulling out a plug.
Our dis-pleasure at these apartments may be partly due to the fact we are in our late 20's, maybe we wouldnt have minded so much if we were 18!!

I have been to many young holiday resorts in the past and I have never been to such a sh*thole as Las Americas. The pavements and roads are filthy (and watch where you walk as most of the slabs are either up or broken). Due to this fact we spent a few nights in Torviscis where there is a nice harbour area with resteraunts and pubs. We also found Las americas to be very expensive, it was impossible to buy a drink for any less that 4 euros, which is pretty expensive.

To sum up, it was nice to get away, as it always is, but I would never go back to that area again."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2005

Absolute Classic!!!!

"I went to Tenerife 3 weeks ago with 2 of my girlys and am now suffering severe withdrawl symptoms now im home! Tenerife is an absolute classic and would advise any young crowd to go. the Caribe apartments were lovely and far better than what we had expected to get for the money. they were clean, spacious and not 1 cockroach to be seen....as long as ure above the first floor! Girls make sure ure single when u go cos theres sooo many fit hunky blokes! however there is the odd eugine there! horendi! the nightlife is great especially Linekers and Rags and make sure you go to eat at 'Moli' a restaurant along the sea front, the food here was great and cheap! if u can u must go to the foam party on a wednesday at the medieval castle its an absolute classic.....just keep ur drink on u all the time!!
overall the holiday was fantastic and i couldnt imagine staying anywhere else other than the caribe...and as i keep saying an 'absolute classic'! me and my mates will definately be returning next year!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 30th of July 2005

"i visited Tenefire in May of 2005 for 2 weeks with my fiance and it was the best holiday I have had in a long time. the rooms in the Cairbe were incredibly clean and the cleaners which came every day except Monday and Wednesday were brilliant!!the pubs were really good!but some of the restaruants have to watched, as the food (especially the steak)is not too good!but overall good food I'd recommend 'The Greek Corner' and 'Christy O'Conners(an Irish restaurant/pub)'. But the Cairbe is def worth a visit, def the place part of Tenerife to visit witht the Auqapark and the Loro Parque also worth 2days of your time!EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of July 2005

My stay in Tenerife

"I have just returned from my 5th time in Tenerife, I was not impressed with the Caribe apartments. A group of us, 6 young women aged from 21-25 arranged a week away, we wanted apartments close to the nitelife and that were suited to young lively people. Caribe apartments were advertised to suit this description. the majority of the guests seemed to be around 18-30 with a few exceptions. most nights we were told to put our music off earlier than the 11pm curfew, told not to sit out on our balconies which most holidaymakers like to do at night in the sweltering Tenerife heat. When we spoke to other guests they seemed to have the same problems, many were threatened with being thrown out. everyone we spoke to including ourselves seemed to be there just to have fun and let their hair down though many gusets felt like they were being treated as trouble makers. we arrived on saturday 8/9/04 and were leaving one week later. Our flight home was at 8am on Saturday 18/9/04. On our last night we went out for a few hours and then back to the apartments to pick up our cases and off to the aitport. we arrived backto collect our cases at 4:30am we were phoned up as soon as we reached our rooms telling us to get out. any aprtments we have stayed at previously normal checking out time is 12:00pm although we were leaving earlier we did not understand the need to rush us out. As we were getting ready to leave one of our party fell over and hurt her ankle, she was in a lot of pain and couldn't walk, when I asked the reception staff for help e.g a first aid box I was promptly ignored twice.

I have always enjoyed Tenerife and never experienced poor service like this before. We requested ajacent rooms which we never got although available. We are all young proffessional women and came on holiday for sun, relaxation and a bit of fun. As a group we feel that we were expected to be troublemakers before we even arrived therefore never stood a chance."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of September 2004

My first time and I will go back year after year

"I was not really looking forward to go to Tenerife as the reveiws you read are not good at all. In fact It was all totally opposite when we went there, there were 8 of us travelling 3 males 3 females aged 20 - 32 from 30th Apr 04 to 7th May 04. We stayed in the Caribe apartments, which is a short walk from the beach and nightlife, if you prefer to go to Los Christianos it is only a 40 minute walk. The Caribe was fine, cleaners came every other day and changed our towels etc. We only had 1 cockroach on the whole holiday. There is so much to do and see in Tenerife and the streets are ever so clean (10 times better than Gran Canaria). The shops are good for electrical goods or jewellery. For drinks it is cheap everywhere other than weatherspoons and Yates!! Food is great and we had 1 vegetarian and 1 vegan with us they enjoyed chips every night (joke), they had lots of varieties make sure you go to the Banana Gardens restaurant for mexican food and on Tuesdays they have flamenco dancers about 11pm. Overall we all had a fab holiday and I will be booking my next one next year. Lovely island great people. There are touters (lookie, lookie men and hair braiders) but if you say no and do not even pay them any attention they will leave you alone."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of May 2004

good value for money

Good

"We stayed in the caribe apartments in July 2012 with a few friends, on arrival we were greeted by a receptionist who promptly checked us in.
We had a very clean one bedroomed apartment with impressive sea views.
The pool is nice with loads of sun loungers and very clean with a friendly life guard on duty.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful the apts were cleaned daily.
We all enjoyed staying at the caribe as it was good value for money and wasnt far from the nightlife. I would recommend this hotel for couples or groups of friends."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2012

lack of sleep

"just back from a week in the caribe apts in tenerife , its location is ideal as it is central to all night life and the beach , however if you want a relaxing holiday , stay away as with the teenage idiots that sleep all day and party all night with no respect for themselves or others around them , you will get no sleep . the pool was nice but had no atmosphere . the life gard could do with putting on some entertainment around the pool area . he was more interested in how he looked and did strike me as the type of person that would get wet if there was a crises.the staff were lovely but after 5 nights of no sleep we asked to see the manager.....he seemed to be always on a day off , lucky him .there's a lot to be said for poolside entertainment ...."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of July 2012

Hotels near Apartamentos Caribe

Stayed at Apartamentos Caribe? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Apartamentos Caribe

• annnnnna by annnnnna

"Go to linekers and feed the pigeons.. Mett Bar.. Yates.. Tramps.. All brilliant! "

• Walsh by Walsh

"Very expensive for essentials, take a trip to San Eugeino to the supermarket if you are self caterin "

• Walsh by Walsh

"Destineys, The Irish Fiddler, Mathews. "

• holidaymakers 09 by holidaymakers 09

"geared up for the 18s-25s "

• Shhaan_D by Shhaan_D

"Playboy and Siam Park "

• holidaymaker by holidaymaker

"Nightlife is brilliant...go with a group of people "

• bubble by bubble

"stay away for your own safety "

• James Wiltshire by James Wiltshire

"Use the tennis courts and mini golf as they are great fun. "

• Gerard F by Gerard F

"poolside very boring , entertainment would make it more interesting "

Apartamentos Caribe is also called