About Be Live Experience Playa La Arena

• babysitting
  • adult pool

Beautiful hotel

Reviewed 1st August 2014

"Great holiday very clean rooms . Rubbish food, the little black cat And the tiger strip cat are ok but need TLC the animation team are great . Be careful and aware with your valuables, reception staff quite grumpy and not overly helpful"

• Travel date: 1st August 2014

Mean to the cats. Food and drink pretty bad.

Reviewed 2nd July 2014

"Staff seen kicking cats and kicking a cat in a bag, and then lie about reason for having cat in bag; told by some that the cat was sick and was being taken to the vets and told by others that the cat was already dead before it was put in the bag; this is not true, the cat was alive in the bag; neither explains why the cat in the bag needed to be kicked!! Food and drink is not very good. It looks nice from the outside but that's about it!!!"

• Travel date: 30th June 2014

Stay away, Cat Killers!!!

Reviewed 30th June 2014

"A relaxing holiday was completely ruined by seeing a cat being beaten in a bag and seeing my grandchild whiteness this!!! Don't stay here, there are plenty of real family friendly hotels to stay in!!!"

• Travel date: 25th June 2014

Do not book staff beat cat to death Infront of my 3 year old

Reviewed 23rd June 2014

"I am currently staying at the be live Play aren hotel in Tenerife . Me and a few others including my 3 year old son witnessed the bar tender beating a cat to death . We could hear the cat screeching before we could even see it the man viciously carried the cat from the lobby into the bar then dropped kicked it which we all,especially my little boy ,were very distressed by.he then shoved it in a bag and started throwing it around and beating it .2 people then went to strait to reception to report it and he had obviously already called the reception and told them as the receptionist claimed the cat was already dead even though we told him we saw it was well and alive before the staff laid his hands on it. They then told him one of the cleaners saw it and the receptionist just laughed in their faces like it was some sick joke. The poor cleaning man was very upset by this and was very ashamed of the hotels behavior and he looked a bit lost as I'm guessing if he spoke up his job would be at risk . The hotel in appalling and one staff member doesn't represent the hotel which is why the man was reported but the staff didn't care it's just a cat they said . The poor thing is now suffered a very traumatic and painful death and I am left with a very upset 3 year old ..... Do not stay at this hotel there are a lot of lovely hotels in Tenerife where all the staff are amazing I've stayed in many hotels near this one and I can honestly say this has been the worst experience!"

• Travel date: 21st June 2014

Standards have slipped.

Reviewed 27th February 2014

"This is the fourth time we have stayed at this hotel and I feel that standards are slipping through silly cost cutting exercises. Hot drinks are provided at the bars (although not in the main entertainment lounge)through vending machines. The coffee from these machines was truly disgusting! A coffee could be ordered at the piano bar, but at an additional cost. The restaurant was always busy. Breakfast was a free for all to grab an available table. There were always empty tables which had not been cleared due the waiters being so busy. Dinner was slightly better as a table was allocated to you on arrival. Once your initial order for drinks had been taken, no additional drinks were served. Wine is given by the glass, not by bottle or half bottle so the single glass given to you on arrival has to last throughout the meal unless you are able to grab the waiters attention which was practically impossible as they are simply too busy. Sunbeds were always reserved by towels in the morning so prepare to get up early if you want a sunny position by the pool. On the plus side, the animation team were fantastic and worked really hard. There is a French animation team on site as well as the hotel's own. Both welcomed us. We found all the staff very friendly and courteous although the restaurant always seemed understaffed. The pool area is clean, however our room was on the first floor at the back of the hotel which seemed to be the forgotten area and used as storage for extra sunbeds and equipment. It is also very dark. Our room received no sun at all and in need of refurbishment. The pull out sofa bed collapsed on the first night and although reported was not repaired or replaced throughout our stay. A request for another room was refused as the hotel was full. This meant my son having to sleep on the mattress on the floor which was not ideal. We had a good holiday mainly due to the wonderful hardworking staff (especially the animation teams) but would not return. "

• Travel date: 27th February 2014

Good hotel for family with kids or older couples

Reviewed 9th July 2013

"The overall rate is good. We stayed in the hotel in June 2013, as soon as we arrived we had a problem. We were told that the system was down and they couldn't check us in on the day we arrived. I just think they were overbooked hence we were moved to a different hotel, just 5 min away. The hotel paid for the taxi to and from the hotel. Also to make up for the inconvenience we were promised to get a better room, plus better drinks. The problem was that we already paid for the both things, so we got a free safety deposit box and we asked for 2 weeks internet access in the room- got it for 8 days, but for 2 people. The other problem we had was we asked for a double bed and got 2 single beds, which came apart every time we sat on them, we couldn't block the wheels as they were broken. Food was ok apart from English breakfast served for two weeks. It is a really good hotel for families with small kids or older couples, lots of activties during a day or in the evening. The hotel was clean, no insects fortunately. We enjoyed our time. "

• Travel date: 8th July 2013

No probes with this great holiday although concerns were high reading past reviews with this company

Reviewed 15th July 2012

"The only gripe we have was waiting at airport to leave for hotel, kept asking driver who was quite rude and said waiting for 6 more people , but otherwise a fantastic holiday hotel exceptional just lacked nightlife entertainment "

• Travel date: 15th July 2012

Lovely location, let down by poor customer service

Reviewed 25th June 2012

"A couple, late 30s, looking for a relaxing break. Travelling with Travel Republic. Stayed 7 nights. Chose this 4 star hotel as it seemed to meet out needs and have a lot of repeat custom. Overall a little disappointed and we would rate the hotel more as a 3/3.5 star BUT it wouldn’t take a lot to make it 4 star. My main gripe that impacted the holiday for me was the most apathetic customer service that I have ever come across in the Canaries. We were about 2 hours late arriving due to a delayed plane and when we arrived we were offered a sea view upgrade at a good price – although I was unimpressed by the comments that if we didn’t take it, the room we had been allocated was on the main road, opposite a building site and would not be changed… Our upgraded room was very nice and did have spectacular views, however, it hadn’t been made up for us that day – the air conditioning was broken, the wardrobe was wedged closed, the patio furniture was in the middle of the room, there were no towels and the room was generally dusty. This led to my first visit to Reception, a journey that I did at least once a day throughout our stay. Maintenance were very good and fixed everything promptly but Housekeeping were very poor. The bed wasn’t changed during our stay (not an issue but they stated it would be), I think the floor was cleaned once and my major bugbear, they would take towels we wanted to keep and just not replace them. One day I had to ask Reception 4 times for towels as we didn’t have any and we ended up waiting until 7.50pm before any arrived so we couldn’t shower and get ready for dinner. I got the impression that very few members of staff could care less about their jobs and helping their visitors. There was no information about the resort in the room and the sheet of paper were given didn’t cover everything (especially as we were initially given one in German!) so I needed to ask Reception a variety of questions. They were never welcoming or friendly, normally just looked at you and said ‘yes?’ and never volunteered any information. (We may have found out more if we had a Rep.) I always try and speak at least a few words of Spanish but I still couldn’t get any interaction by being polite and friendly myself. It’s also the first time I have never made a bond with the wait staff or chambermaids as they virtually ignored us. The food was okay: less of a choice than some buffet-style restaurants we have used but the quality was generally good with one exception – the soup. Courgette soup was introduced on day 2 of our holiday and was then just topped up for every lunch and dinner and was still going on our last day. It was quite nice on day 1 but by the end of the week it looked like swamp and smelt of old socks – I got a bit obsessed with checking it every day! The resort itself was lovely – very well designed with beautiful and well maintained grounds. There were enough sun loungers and parasols to go around and you didn’t feel hemmed in. You could get out through a gate at the bottom of the hotel and be in the main street, only a couple of minutes away from a black sand beach and shops if you needed them. The main Titsa bus stops are down there too and are useful for getting out and about if you want. I liked the hotel and the location and feel that if the staff smiled and actually acted as if they cared, I would go back again. As it was last week though, I think we’ll give it a miss."

• Travel date: 25th June 2012

Watch your valuables

Reviewed 21st April 2012

"we carefully researched this hotel and until the penultimate day of our holiday it more or less lived up to its reviews.On the last day of our holiday was our daughters birthday and we had brought cards and presents from home. The cards i had left in a pocket of my suitcase which turned out to be a big mistake. I retrieved the cards the night before her birthday only to find that they had all been ripped open and the money inside them had been stolen. Our daughter was devestated and i felt sick that someone could steal from what were obviously a childs birthday cards. When confronted with what had happened the management made a token efffort to find out what had happened. They interviewed the only two people besides ourselves who had access to our room, ie the maids . but then said we couldnt prove anything because the maids were nt the only ones with key cards i.e we also could have taken the money. Although the managers made a token effort to make things up to our daughter, they had a cake made for her and a table decorated at breakfast. They refused to replace the lost money saying it should have been in a safe. We did have a safe but it never occcued to me someone could sink so low as to steal from a child. The holiday was spolit by this incident and also by the way it was handled. The first choice rep sat on the fence throughout the whole thing. The hotel is most of the things mentioned in previous reviews but it also does nt want to know if things go wrong so be prepared . At the least buy a safe and dont trust anything to chance. Show less of this review Comment on this review "

• Travel date: 20th April 2012

brill hotel

Reviewed 10th March 2011

"for anyone who is going to this hotel, you are in for a treat of treats. myself, husband and our 2 friends, all adults, have just returned from here. we walked in to the best reception area i have ever seen. there are plants 30 foot high all over the place. its fantastic. ill start with the rooms first. they are spotless. the maid comes in every day to clean and sweep. they are very friendly, and willing to try to have a convo, although their english is limited. the food is very high quality, loads of choice, and plenty of it. we got fresh meat every day, and ill tell you, it just melts in your mouth. ugly cakes are mouth watering. they made me big fat and ugly, theyre that nice.the dining room is spotless, and very well maintained. the staff are quick but dont talk much. if i could find a fault,i found the food was sometimes a little cold. but it could have been me as i took ages to choose the lovely food on offer. outside, the pool areas are clean and heated for the kids. the sea is 5 mins away and you get access at the back of the hotel. you got to take your room key with you when you go on the beach as the key will open the steel gates to get out onto the road. this hotel is just great. my only let down was the entertainment. to be honest, it was crap. theres nowt worse than listening to people who think they can sing,,,, but cant. you will have to make your own fun at night im afraid, but the rest of this hotel is excellent. the beach its self is black volcanic sand. its lovely. take a surf board if you like to surf, as the sea is like hawaii 5 o. lashing waves galore. theres a life guard on hand till around 6. i got red carded from him for going to far out lol. the last thing id like to add to my comment is bound to save you alot of money. we decided to have a day out to go and see mount tiede.we hired a car from the hotel for the day. it costs around 45 euro which is good. we got to the mountain and went to pay the money to go up in the cable car. it said on the board it was 12.50 euro up/down, but because we arnt local it was 25 euro up/down. we were seething but had to go up the 1291 feet to see the mountain views. we got up around 1000 feet, then we were told that had to have a special card to proceed with the climb. so check it out before you set off. but ill tell you, it was breath taking. and so very cold. it had to be at least minus 7 up there. i was glad to get down and get warmed up. lol. enjoy your holiday here people. you will love it."

• Travel date: 9th March 2011

I thought the hotel was fantastic.The wa...

Reviewed 16th March 2008

"I thought the hotel was fantastic.The water slide was unreal and at happy hour I got drunk.I had 18 pints of Budwiser.The restraunt was brilliant,the food was lovely.The entertainment was brilliant.It was fantastic.The rooms were very comfortble.I kept singing in the shower.My dog was not allowed in the hotel."

• Travel date: 16th March 2008

Hotel spotlessly clean throughout. Arriv...

Reviewed 11th November 2007

"Hotel spotlessly clean throughout. Arrival at Reception proved unfriendly and unhelpful staff were offhand. I know we arrived at 10.30 on a Sunday night but there was no offer of assistance with baggage or offer of a refreshing drink. We found the food good here and drinks not overpriced. Particularly liked the Piano Bar, featuring excellent pianists who will play your favourite pieces if you ask them. One big big problem for us was the number of children staying here. We deliberately left a 2 week gap between our holiday date and the end of half term, but an horrific number of families don't seem to care enough about their offspring's education and all of them seemed to be at this hotel. The pool area was a no-go area if you wanted peace and quiet and a pool not tainted with urine. It was absolutely jam packed full of unruly kids who seemed to spend all day screaming at each other. Overall a nice hotel with pleasant grounds but ruined by too many children. I'd recommend it for families with unruly kids and for adults who give school holiday dates a very wide berth, allow at least 2 to 3 weeks before and after break up otherwise you'll find yourself in the same boat we were in, not pleasant."

• Travel date: 11th November 2007

Hotels near Be Live Experience Playa La Arena

Top traveller tips for Be Live Experience Playa La Arena

• by Tenerifeholiday14

"Do not eat here finished off the cat by kicking it around in the kitchen"

• by Pippins

"Take yr own large drinking mug as its help yourself and little plastic cups are useless"

Be Live Experience Playa La Arena is also called