Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes

Juan Manuel Capdevielle 8 Playa de la Arena, 38683 Puerto de Santiago, Tenerife Spain

fab family holiday

Reviewed Wed 17th of August 2011

"what can i say but right from the time we arrived until we left it was pure magic, the staff worked hard to make it a fab holiday, the food is amazing and so are the snacks and cocktails, you will definatly find something for everyone. The entertainment was great luabay evening shows were fantastic and the guys doing the day activities were so funny and really made everyone smile. Siam water park really worth the money and would advise to pay the extra and get fast passes we did and went right pass everyone . The hotel rooms are cleaned everyday and are spacious the hotel is light and airy and kept so well , yiou will not be disappointed."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of August 2011

Lovely Hotel, shame about the food

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"Hotel Los Gigantis Suits & Spar stayed for 2 weeks Jan 2009, Hotel, rooms, and staff excellent. The food is a different matter if you eat anything from the grill it is very good (meat & fish) The so called hot ( i use the term lightly) buffet is very poor, they still have not sorted out how to keep the food hot and the labelling on the food was very poor if you have any food allergies be careful, I had a small tart one night the label said cheese & tomato, so I was horrified when I bit into it and found tuna, I can not eat tuna. As far as we are concerned the food is the only thing that lets this hotel down."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of February 2009

Great location, great rooms, great view

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a 1 weak spring break. I can only confirm what othe reviewers wrote - apart from temperature of pools. This week reached 27C and they heated large parts of both pools. BTW, we liked the evening shows."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of February 2009

A Lovely hotel

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"This hotel was booked as our Honeymoon, we decided to take our 6 year old son with us, so it was important that the hotel provided a Kids club.

The hotel is lovely and spacious and very clean. Check in was very easy and we were taken to our room in a golf buggy, followed by our cases. The suite was lovey although our beds were two single beds and the bed wheels seemed to have a mind of their own!!!!

My Son had a sofa bed in the other room. Both rooms had a TV and in one of the rooms a mini bar which was stocked up daily (water, beer, coke & fanta).

A safe was provided in the room which was free of charge. Towel cards were given at check in to exchange for pool towels via the Life Guard, these could be exchanged as often as you wished.

As my friend mentioned they did have a Kids Club which was the best I have seen. Cinema, computers etc. However, the only negative is that the hotel is such a large complex that you are unable to keep an eye on the children (other hotels I have stayed the Kids club has been near the pool areas so I could keep an eye on my son) The location of the kids club is down steps and there is no way you can keep an eye on them.

You are asked to fill out details of you children giving your room number and mobile number, if they can swim etc and if they are allowed to leave kids club alone.

I had put that my son must not leave on his own and informed the staff. However, on ONE occasion he decided to leave the club on his own with his friend who was allowed to leave on his own. I went back to kids club to tell them I had my son with me and they did not even notice he had gone.

The reaction was very relaxed about this situation so I did see the 1st choice rep as I was very upset. I was advised to make a formal complaint and that I should speak to the Duty Manager. I explained the situation and she was very apologetic and said she would ask the Kids club staff what happened.

Their reply was that my son was running away and they could not get him back as they were looking after the other children. They did not even shout his name for him to come back. Thankfully nothing bad happened, and security is on the gates at the back of the hotel. The manager did put a soft toy in our room for him and the 1st choice rep gave me a goody bag for him as a sorry for the upset.

I understand what they were saying but, you can never be too careful. I do believe that they were all spoken to about the situation and hopefully this willl not happen again.

The food you could not fault, plenty of choice, staff always willing to help.

We walked to Los Gigantes which took us 50 minutes on the sea front (may of been a quicker way???) and 3.25 euro for a taxi back.

No problems finding a sunbed as plenty as the complex is so big.

Lovely weather, met some lovely people which made the holiday even better.

Do not be put off by Kids club I'm sure they will be extra careful now."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of February 2009

couldnt have made a better choice!!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"This hotel exceeded all expectations.. as a mom with 3 children, 1 disabled, we immediately felt at home. The food (contrary to previous review...) was superb, with everything you could ever want with no one ill at all!!!! The kids club was wonderful and looked after both my small ones admirably, especially with Cassies requirements. they were happy and helpful with a small blip of my son and his friend walking from the play park to us by the pool, I had allowed my son to do this, but his friend wandered off behind him too. this was then bought to attention of rep and club.
we took the gratis bus on Friday to Los Cristianos and paid 36 euros to go on a 2 hr glass bottom boat and saw the whales and dolphins, the cost of the hotel excursion was 125 euros!!! we mainly stayed round the pool and entered organised activities of water polo, shooting, table tennis, bowling, golf then got certificates on the stage on the night.. it was all really good fun., we met loadsa great peeps there, you know who you are!!!! it made the holiday even better.. we were sad to leave, the weather was 90-100 degrees. everything was very clean and tidy, and everything was catered for,,,
it was an extremely memorable holiday, thanks to everyone (cos i know you all read these comments (rach)!!!)"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of February 2009

Excellent hotel, can't fault it!

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"This hotel is amazing and do not be put off by the bad reviews. My boyfriend had stayed at the sister hotel and found it excellent so we decided to book this one because of the great deal they had on offer which is first child goes free, 2nd half price.

The hotel itself is spotless and the rooms are very clean. Normally the kids are on a sofa bed which is uncomfortable but the sitting room had the sofa out and made up into the 2 beds and they were like proper beds and eldest son said for first time was comfortable. The minibar was re-stocked every day with coke, beer, water etc. There was a flat screen tv in both rooms which was quite handy.

The all inclusive I found to be excellent. I did not find any of the food cold. Maybe reason people did as there is so much food there, that could have filled plate, walked around, filling more and by the time sat down, then got cold. There is a part where you can choose what you would like cooked, for example, fish, steak, etc and it is cooked in front of you. There was a wide variety of pasta and sauces which was great for the kids. The selection was great and something for everyone. I have to say that I was quite impressed with the quality. My boyfriend is quite fussy and used to 5 star treatment and he couldn't understand the reports of cold food etc. as we didn't find any of this. We also noticed owners of the hotels doing random checks on the food too.

The layout is great and different pools in different areas so if you want a quiet place or somewhere where more people, you have that choice. The highlight for the children was the slide. My two boys spent all day going down the slide so we were able to lie down and relax. We even spent 2 hours in the spa(which only cost €10) and the lifeguards kept an eye on them and said would call us if any problems. They also were up and down to the games room where they could play bowling, air hockey, etc.

With the all inclusive package, there was ice cream, coca cola, burgers and the ususal throughout the day time. Mini golf is also included and there is the playground underneath that is like one of those adventure places.

We are going to go back to this hotel again in May as we enjoyed it so much. All the rooms are sea facing so you get a beautiful view. My kids said it was their best holiday ever and that says alot!

I would advise anyone with kids to go here. There is so much for the children to do that you don't have to worry about them being bored and you have time to relax. There were hardly any children there when we were there and the kids club really for younger children but in saying that, there are so many other things to do. Also, as far as I am aware, the offer with kids is extended to June so works out about €1,200 for 2 adults and 2 children so if you get cheap flights, that is quite a good deal for a holiday with everything included. GO!!"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of February 2009

Food poisoning hell

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"Hello

I have recently joined trip advisor as I love this site and I always check hotels etc before I book anywhere to check other traveller reviews. I did the same before I booked this much needed break for me & my partner and all the feedback seemed great!

On arrival at the new Spring Hotel we were not dissapointed the hotel is lovely and spacious, staff friendly and the pools are lovely. However after only eating at the hotel as obviously we were all inclusive on day two I was violently sick. I have never been ill like that before it was awful I felt soo weak and nauseaus and I stayed in bed for a full two days. By the end of the week I still didnt feel great and I was so scared to eat at the hotel so I just stuck to bread and plenty of water. To make matters worse my poor fiance fell ill towards the end of the week with food poisening as well.

Its the first holiday I have been on that I could not wait to get home I felt quite scared at how ill I was and then my partner falling ill it was just awful. Another family reported food poisening whilst we were there.

The food does not seem to be hot enough from the buffet and at lunch time there are flies all over the place and nothing is covered up! I did report the incident with the First Choice Rep whilst we were there and im awaiting a response from them so fingers crossed they will deal with this problem.

This holiday would have been great if we had not had food poisening im sure they will get there act together and take recognition for the errors they are making with the food. I understand what one other reviewer wrote about the manager there she is very abrupt and would not agree that we had food poisening she was very defensive saying there were no other reports of this and I knew different from the family I had met who had fallen ill.

My advice to anyone going is just takecare what you eat and if you do feel ill make sure you report it.
Please contact me if anyone else has found this same problem this Hotel should not be allowed to get away with serving contaminated food and I worry if it had been someone elderly or a young child being as ill as we were."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of February 2009

Sunny Tenerife

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Just back from a wonderful week at this hotel. Went with my husband , my daughter and 2 grandaughters aged 19 months and almost 3. Never stayed at an all inclusive hotel before but would definitely recommend it.
We had 2 junior suites between us so loads of space. Staff always friendly and helpful. You can eat 3 times in the a la carte restaurant. We only did this once and had a lovely meal. The buffet was more appropriate with the children. Plenty of choice there and it was so nice to be able to choose fish or meat and have it cooked for you as you watched and then get every thing else from the buffet. Minibar in the room was replenished daily but we rarely used it apart from the odd bottle of water as there were always drinks available all day from 11am in various locations. Mini disco for the children and entertainment for all ages every evening. All together a very good experience and I would definitely recommend this to families and couples who want a relaxing holiday in a lovely hotel. A visit to the Spa was also included in our stay. Most enjoyable"

• Travel date: Sat 17th of January 2009

Xmas Present To Oureselves

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Booked this holiday through OTB (On The Beach),arrived on 19.12.2008, weather was very nice and first impressions were good. We chose this hotel as my elderly parents live just 5 mins walk away. I had been over to visit them while this hotel was being built and it looked stunning from the get go. What can i say everything was perfect freindly staff from the guy who cleaned the pool to the manager they couldnt do enough for you. For example i asked for extra pillows at reception and by time i got back to the room they were there.Food was excellent xmas buffet was out of this world. I work in the catering trade and i can honestly say i could not find a single fault with this wonderful hotel except one tiny thing food could be a bit hotter in the bain marie but in saying that i think perhaps when it is at its full capacity the food will turn over quicker therefore keeping it hotter. To summarise would we go back you bet we would like a shot. Its great for the kids as well snack bar is brill burgers pizza chicken nuggets chips sandwiches etc all made to order. tne other thing we were amazed at was the self serve drinks dispensers at the pool and snack bar beer wine sangria soft and hot drinks to name a few. one other thing dont bother taking pool towels with you as they are provided at the side of the pool on a voucher basis get your towel when its wet take it back for another then at end of day hand it bck and get your voucher back. Well thats mine and hubbys views of this wonderful hotel hope it helps."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of January 2009

Loved the Hotel, hated the wrist bands

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"A modern, clean, well designed hotel which will be a very popular destination - but why did we have to wear wrist bands? It was like being in Drayton Manor theme park.
Guests who took the trouble to dress smartly for dinner had the indignity of something akin to a hospital identity bracelet riveted around their wrist. Am I alone in objecting to this? Why not adopt the system I have seen used at the nearby Playa L'Arena and use a swipe card?"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of January 2009

4*...felt more like 5*

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Visited this Hotel in the middle of November not knowing what to expect seeing as there was so little information to be found at the time. As soon as we arrived at the hotel we were very impressed by the polite and welcoming reception we recieved. The grounds were stunning, and we were pleasantly suprised by the layout of the room being a family of 3 adults, we all managed to get our own space.
We loved the food in the buffett restuarant, there was so much to choose from, and always pleanty of choice of drinks. Personally we did not have the problem as others have described of it being cool, if it was you could choose to have your food freshly prepared by a very friendly chef. The food in the a la carte resturant exquisite, we went to the Italian and Meat evening and both were delicious.
The entertainment suited us as it meant that we could take our time over our meal and not miss some of the great shows.
Overall very impressed with the hotel, in fact we have already booked our next visit."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of January 2009

Hotels near Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes

Stayed at Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes

• moore71 by moore71

"walk down to beach its great "

Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes is also called