Villa Mandi Golf Resort

Calle Laderas del Espejo 7, 38650 Los Cristianos, Arona, Tenerife Spain

Good

great rooms, poor location????

Good

"just got back from a lovely week in villa mandi. rooms were spotless, big, child friendly and well equipped. We travelled with Thomson hols, and although i'm not one for having a crack with the reps don't go if you are. There aren't any!!!! No welcome meeting, nada!!
We went during half term and expeted other british kids but it seems this apart/hotel is really geared up for the nordic folk and they are mainly on full board, poor souls!! the restaurant is not good and over priced, however service pleasant.
the hotel is situated next to golf course. 100 euro geen fees!!!!!!
Location is horible in middle of forgotton rubble land!! Criminal really.
Ok the positives are decent pools, housekeepers, rooms spotless each day, reception excellent.
Basically it is a good value for money break, we hired a car and drove up mount tiede something else i don't normally do, magnificant. Puerto cruz lovely resort as is los gigantes.
Aqua land great VFM, get free bus there but taxi home(15eu) as it stops at every lamp post on way back!! . Print off voucher from tinternet before you go if you can e bothered! Will save you approx 17eu. DO NOT GO WITHOUT FOOD AND WATER AS IT IS A RIP OFF INSIDE. Dol[in encounter fantastic much cheaper than usa and better."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of February 2008

Good value

Good

"Lovely big apartment, cleaners very attentive. Good value for money. Pool nice, staff very helpful. Would go back. One word of warning - don't eat in the restaurant; food is very bland. Apart from that it's a great place in a good location. Booked through Thomson on the internet."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of February 2008

Damn what a hotel!

"The hotel was fabolous, they did clean the rooms everyday and the staff were polite and funny! Something about the rooms, the aircondition was fantastic and rooms were big and gozy. I think only minus in the rooms were the blankets, they were quite thin but for our luck in the closet were another blanket so we didn't suffer for any cold. I could recommend this hotel to everyone, specially everyone with the kids! Breakfast were versatile and there were many kind of drinks and so on. I had to come say here that we are going next year to villa mandi too, but this time for two weeks!"

• Travel date: Sat 17th of November 2007

A Cross Between Felix and Danny Baker

"My girlfriend and I booked this holiday on a whim and the travel agent was disconcertingly vague when talking about our accommodation. This worried me... When I returned home I immediately booted up t'internet and searched for reviews on what i thought would be tantamount to sleeping rough at the bottom of a supposedly "dormant volcano" (I say supposedly due to the noises coming from the direction of the volcano. It was either small irruption or the result of our foul mouthed welsh neighbours eating a rotten omelette).

What i was greeted with was beyond my wildest dreams! Every review bar a couple from people who complained about the location who are obviously so lazy that the play games like darts on a hand held game console! This now seemed like the promise of a wonderful break for me and my more deserving other half!

When we arrived at our destination we were not disappointed. Everything was perfect apart from the strange cats that inhabited the resort who looked like some breeding experiment between Felix the cat and Danny Baker...

A brilliant holiday and would definitely go back!! Maybe for two weeks next year, that sounds cheeky..."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of October 2007

Excellent Value

"We stayed here for 4 nights in may & thought the accommodation was excellent. 2 of us stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment over 2 levels which had a balcony, a terrace off the livingroom & a huge roof terrace. We could not believe the size of the apartment. We booked a separate flight & hotel & got the hotel for £5 each per night which we could not believe.

The hotel is a Thomson super family hotel which put us off (as we were 2 adults travlling) so did not use the hotel facilities. Although did pay 4 euros for breakfast each day which was ok.

The resort of Los Christianos was ok, we prefered Las americas as there were more shops & restaurants, although didnt like the going out area as it was extremely tacky & full of reps trying to get you into their bar which is very annoying."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of October 2007

Brilliant holiday

"Just returned from Villa Mandi after a fantastic, sunny week. The hotel was lovely, the apartment very spacious and comfortable.

The room was spotless and the cleaners came 6 out of the 7 days. Can't rate cleaners highly enough, they were faultless, beds made and towels changed every day.

The grounds and surrounding areas were kept spotless too with a gardener there most mornings. It really was quite beautiful. All the local staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The hotel shop was very useful, staff very friendly and it had everything we needed.

Very impressed with Las Americas shops and restaurants (ask taxi for Safari shopping centre). We ate here most nights and favourite restaurant was probably Harry's American Pie although lots of others to chose from. It's a good 20 minute walk or 4 to 5 minutes by taxi for around 5 Euros.

Ask the reception staff at the hotel for a taxi and one will be there within a couple of minutes. We didn't venture into the older part of town where all the bars and night clubs are so can't comment on this. We ate at Los Cristianos one night but preferred Las Americas, as we weren’t harassed as much to go into the restaurants.

Highlight of the week was probably the dolphin show at the Aqua park in Costa Adeje (Aqualand). The dolphins were amazing and well worth seeing! Entrance to Aqualand is 23.50 Euros and 16.50 Euros for kids (although we had a voucher for a free child), the dolphin show is free with 2 showings at 1pm and 3pm. Sunbeds at Aqualand were 4 Euros each and food and drink was expensive so good idea to take a picnic.

Back to the hotel, there were 2 freeform pools on different levels and 2 baby paddling pools. There were 2 parks for children to play in and a mini golf course (not free). The pools were excellent, very clean, plenty of sunbeds, tables and umbrellas.

There's a bar next to the pool and restaurant with tables inside and out (near pool). English cooked breakfast served every day, buffet style, 6 Euros for adults and 3 for children. Lunch and snacks served throughout the day (hot dogs, burgers, salads, spaghetti etc.). Evening meals, served from 6.30pm, were reasonable although we preferred the restaurants at Las Americas.

My only complaint for the whole holiday would be the Thomson staff. I can't say they were particularly brilliant, not particularly friendly, or helpful. When we were picked up by the coach to go back to the airport there were no staff there to see us on to the coach (which arrived early) and not sure everybody was there!

The evening entertainment wasn't brilliant either. My grandson didn't want to go to the kids clubs so can't comment on them although there were free sun hats and t shirts available for the kids which I thought was good. Best Thomson member of staff would have to be 'Thomson the Dog'. I must say though that all the local staff were fantastic so ask at reception if you need anything.

To sum up, Villa Mandi is a fantastic place to stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It's the cleanest, most well maintained hotel I've stayed at. We'll definitely be returning soon. The area opposite is currently being landscaped and will only add to the beauty of the area.

Can't wait to go back!"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of October 2007

wouldn't go back

"Just returned from Villa Mandi. Wouldn't go back. Definitely not worth the 4 ticks Thomson give it. Apartment was spacious but the floors were absolutely filthy, never swept or mopped, our feet were black. The beds were the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on, and the sofa in the living room was very grubby. The lower pool was very overcrowded, we sat near the upper pool which was a bit quieter. The external areas are very clean and tidy and the gardens nice so can't really understand why the apartments are so scuffy. The shop and bar are expensive and the food in the restaurant was nothing special. It's quite a trek into Christianos. I've been to Tenerife many times and this is by far the worst place I have stayed, although it was a last minute cheap deal. I guess you get what you pay for! I would recommend a hotel with half board, self catering in Tenerife is not as cheap as it used to be. Thank goodness for the blue skies!"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of September 2007

Villa Mandi Pros Outweigh the Cons

Good

"Pros. Just got back from the Villa Mandi, a great, clean, friendly Thomson holiday villa, run by Thomson to a very high standard 4* complex, exceptional rooms air con as standard, rooms cleaned every day, 24 hour hotel reception, great pools, good bar, good food, reasonable priced, not bad club with bar.
You could actually not ask for anything more if you are travelling with kids from tots, toddlers to early teens, a very well executed family orientated holiday! Situated on the out skirts of main Tenerife Island South, nearish to Playa Las Americas and other beaches.
Cons. It's a good 20 mins walk from the nearest beach in the middle of nothing at the side of a golf course and a load of rubble but this won't bother you if you stay in the great complex grounds. What will bother you is.. Pressure selling reps! Beware and be Warned! 50 euro off excursion voucher for FREE, Free Taxi, Free meal sounds too good to be true? It is..... Coz they are avin a laugh at good old gullable YOU! Thomsons idea of getting you to their reps meeting with a big bird calling the shots, then giving you a load of speal about what ever then telling you to go get this voucher from somewhere else, that's where the free taxi comes in and meal, pressure, you what, I went for a break to chill out not try being raped out of thousands of pounds and losing a full day out of a 7 day break, to be pressured into f*'in TIME SHARE! Whooo and if you decline their fine offer big bird puts her oar in, more pressure, then ignors you for the rest of the week.. Nice!
Excursions. Don't order from reps! get down to beach get your money changed at no fee no commission booths that do excursions 144 euro for £1. we went to Aqua park dont hire double ring for rides it's not worth it, we smashed our ankles and legs on the rapids it hurt, i smashed my coxics on the camacazi that really hurt, no wave pool concrete too hot to walk on, rides and slides not very good dated and dangerous. Medieaval night was ok to blow off some steam, good photos taken by ourselves, hidden beer extras after main event! Not bad though. Loro Park booked this time through direct excursions and saved 15e each on reps prices, not well planned out shows not bad though, Orca wale show a big let down, don't follow direction boards follow map!
Taxis. pay anything from 4e to 7e to beaches depends on how much the driver wants to rip you off!
Beaches. Leave Play Americas out go to our nearest beach better clean sand, more showers and cheaper shops.
Sun. Very warm dry sun 27 deg got burnt 1st day at Aqua park, put on lots of slap and keep topping up.
We enjoyed our stay in Tenerife actually the high lights being the Tomson complex, friendly people except the Germans at Loro Park, prices ok, complex fantastic, and to top it off watched Bradford Bulls beat St Helens what a good do,.
Hope my frank, true in our opinion account of our hols helps you to enjoy yours to the max, Kind Regards Dave n Mel."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2007

Loved the Villa Mandi

Good

"Returned last week from the Villa Mandi and had an excellent time.
The complex is like a little village and is kept immaculately clean. 2 large swimming pool and 2 paddling pools, with plenty of sunbeds and umberellas. The maids sweep and mop the pool areas at 8am and wipe down the sunbeds.
The supermarket is well stocked but not as cheap as the supermarkets in the town.
Reception area is again immaculate, and all the reception staff are very helpful and polite.
We had a one bedroom apartment and it must have been one of the best regarding where it was situated. We had a large balcony which overlooked both pools and the golf course. The balcony also had a spiral staircase up to our own roof terrace. On arrival the room was immaculate. Towels are changed everyday. The maid we had wasn't the best. All she did was make the beds and change the towels, but speaking to other guest they said their maid swept and mopped both the apartment and balcony everyday. Our maid hardly ever cleaned the bath and we had the same tea towel all holiday. This is my only complaint about our holiday and it wasnt that bad.
The Thomson reps, what can i say! Only EXCELLENT. Anthony is the main kids rep and this is his first job, yet you wouldn't know it. He is very friendly and when we got chatting we found out he only lives down the road from us (small world) Loopy Laura is the other main rep and she definatley lives up to her name, she also is fantastic. All the other kids reps are brilliant with the kids too.
The evening starts at 8.30 with kids disco till around 9.30, then at 10.00 there is a different show every night. It could be dancers, magician, comedian or Anthony doing quizzes, but every night is different. The bar stays open til midnight, it can get busy as there was only one barman on most nights.
The restaurant serves buffet style breakfast from 8-10, 6 euros an adult, 3 for kids. Poll bar is open then til 6 serving things from baguettes, burgers, spag bol, chicken n chips, which you can also have take away, then the restaurant opens at 7pm. Again the waiters are very friendly and helpful.
The hotel also has, internet service, games room, pool tables, teble tennis and a launderette.
Unfortunatley it is a long walk to town, but taxis are cheap enough. Just ask for a taxi at reception and one turns up straight away. Into Los Cristianos and Las Americas cost 5-6 euros each way.
The Villa Mandi is an excellent choice for families and we are now looking to book again for next year. If you have any questions at all about the hotel please feel free to e-mail me and i will help you all i can.
[email protected]"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

Too far from town centre

Good

"We arrived at Villa Mandi to find we had a free up-grade to a 2 bedroom apartment. This was really lovely, clean and spacious. Arranged over two floors with two bathrooms and huge sun terrace. My only criticism is that the kitchen had very little in it. I had no plans to do real cooking but there wasn't even an oven. Also, for all the space in the actual apartment, the kitchen area was very tiny with no space between sink and hob for a toaster and kettle, although bothhad to go there cos was only plug!

The cleaners I found to be very average. They did no more than absolutely necessary. Did not wipe kitchen area or clean floor and barely made beds, although they did come in every day.

I found the hotel to be too far from the centre. It is set back somewhere between Los Cristianos and Playa de Las Americas. It is probably more than a 30 minute walk into Playa de Las America. This is the more direct town to get to. It is quite nice walk (but too long) directly down hill if you are physically fit. I found the walk back up too much. Los Cristianos looks closer but as the walk is across some seriously busy roads, I was advised to walk to Playa de Las Americas and then walk along, making it slightly longer.

The taxis ranged between 4-6 euro each way, so I found it to be too expensive to pop out for breakfast and then again in the evening getting taxis all the time. There is nothing for at least 15-20 minutes if you walk.

Reception staff really nice and very helpful. English excellent, in fact one chap was English.

Swimming pool ok but nothing more. There seemed to be a mix of about 90% Scandanavians to 10% British. I expected a whole lot more British and the only problem with this was that it restricted children in making friends playing in the pool or the park. The pool was quite warm, which pleased me as we went in February and I had been away this time of year to places where the pool turned out not to be usable. Weather was also very nice when we were there - 70-74 degrees and sunny or sunny and cloudy every day.

The beds by the pool became taken by about 9 but there were very few people by the pool even in the middle of the day - just alot of towels!

Crazy golf quite good but expensive. It was 10 euros for me, my 12 year old and 4 year old for 2 hours. So it wasn't something you would could send kids off to do for alot of the day (as previous reviews mentioned) unless you had your own clubs, in which case it would have been free.

Loro Parque was really good and well worth the visit. The Jungle Park on the south side of the island was also very good but a bit of a once only thing, but I would go back to the Loro Parque next time I visited Tenerife. Fantastic dolphin, sealion and whale shows. Water park on south side also good and worth a visit and also had brilliant dolphin show. Mount Teide trip also quite good but not worth it for very small children or those who don't like travelling cos quite a lot of time on the coach.

We will definately return to Los Cristianos but not to Villa Mandi, but mainly because of the position as we want to be closer to the town centre. I also wasn't overly enthused by pool area or by lack of British people there."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of February 2007

Amazing Hotel

"This hotel was lovely, modern and well looked after. The location is a little way out from everywhere, which is about 15/20 minute walk to the town but there's a taxi service just a two minute walk away from the hotel.. Cost between 4/5 Euros to Las Americas and 5/6 Euros to Los Cristianos. There is a little supermarket on the Hotel site which is pretty reasonable.
we had a One bed apartment with cot space and I must say I was Surprised how big the Apartment was and it was beautiful.Bathroom was very big too with Bath and two showers. Kitchen was small but no difference to every other apartment we've stayed in before. Every room had Air con including the living space area which is a must have for us.
I was very impressed with the House keeping, we stayed for 2 weeks and had our towels and bedding changed every day apart from Sunday.
I must also say the Thomson Reps were brilliant at this hotel, even though we had no small children, we couldn't help noticing how good they were, always something to do with the kids.
The hotel restaurant food was nice and the staff were lovely.

The only thing I would advise is some areas of the pool area are very slippy but have been told that its been redone for 2015.
Overall this Hotel was 10 out of 10 for us and liked it that much we are returning again next year.

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2014

beetle infestation is not a problem says manageress of villa mandi!!!

"moved to another room overnight as beetles scuttling around hob/food preparation area. manageress aggressive and dismissive about this complaint and moved us to an alternative room for the rest of our stay- I wouldn't return!!"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of January 2013

Hotels near Villa Mandi Golf Resort

Stayed at Villa Mandi Golf Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Villa Mandi Golf Resort

• sgarrity by sgarrity

"walk carefully around the pool, and don't pay for tv if its for the kids as Disney channel is free and in English mostly. "

• ChrisGriffiths by ChrisGriffiths

"Don't stick to one restaurant, try as many as you can. "

• ELM by ELM

"If you have young children that like taking part in activites you wont go wrong "

• ELM by ELM

"Sal Negra in Los Cristianos "

• KEVBLUE by KEVBLUE

"Tenerife is a lovely place, 14 days of sunshine with no rain. "

•  L Kerray by  L Kerray

"We love Tenerife 2nd time and will be going back.. "

• needanotherholiday by needanotherholiday

"Excellent Family resort "

Villa Mandi Golf Resort is also called