TRYP Tenerife

Avenida Juan Carlos I, 25 Playa de los Cristianos, 38650 Los Cristianos, Arona, Tenerife Spain

Good

stay away!

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"The worst place i've ever been to. Rude staff, springs poking through the squeaky bed, cold and drab. Every day there is a scrap for sunbeds. Its an awful place. The food was like trying to feed at a busy mcdonalds on a saturday afternoon, terrible quality and far too many people squeezed in. Please please don't waste your money on going to this place, spend a little bit more and go to the Playa La Arena in Puerto Santiago, that is a first class hotel!"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of April 2006

Feeding time at the Zoo....

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"We have just returned from a week at the Princesa Dacil in the search of some sun and relaxation. The sun was the only thing we found. The hotel was OK, below average, the plus side was that the rooms were clean and the maids serviced the rooms daily, however the main problems were at breakfast and dinner time in the restaurant. I believe the hotel was at full capacity at the time and this might have affected the quality of food, service and seating. We always had a struggle to find a table and found ourselves wandering aimlessly for somewhere to sit no matter what time we went. The food was of poor quality, mainly cold and unappealing (brown lettuce, stale bread) with not much choice for vegetarians. What with being pushed out of the way countless number of times whilst queing for hot food it made the dining experience highly unappetising. There was the usual fight for sunbeds in the morning but this is probably the case most places these days. All in all an average hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of March 2006

Book direct, not on the internet.

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"Large hotel in good location, short walk to the harbour, beach, and town centre. The main bus stops for routes all over the island are: turn right out of the hotel and walk about 5 minutes up the road. Excursion coaches pick up point directly outside the hotel. Spacious car park.
The tower block design gives excellent views from the higher rooms, with slightly better views from the pool side.
We stayed in a standard double room, having booked direct with the hotel, this gave a price much lower than the web site (well under Euro 60 per night room only). We did have to pay on arrival, not departure.
The room comprised:
Spacious lounge with sofa, armchair, tv, desk, chair, chest of drawers, suitcase stand, coffee table, wardrobe and safe (deposit for key and fee per day for use).
Bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with chest of drawers and spare pillows and blankets, telephone, dressing table and chair.
Spacious bathroom with WC, shower over bath, washbasin and bidet.
Balcony with two plastic chairs and clother airer.
The beds were hard with very little padding. The bath was really only useable as a shower, as the taps were at one end, and the plughole at the other end. The room was reasonably clean and beds made daily with any clean towels provided as required. Bed linen changed twice a week.
Lots of organised entertainment available, including a disco until the early hours. I did not participate in any entertainment, and it was not intrusive.
The bedroom was quiet, any noise from the corridor was blocked out with both doors shut.
Air conditioning not provided, in summer this must be a problem, as it was naturally warm and stuffy with the window closed.
No fridge, but hairdryer and kettle should be available to rent from reception.
No lock on the patio door.
The settee in the lounge converts into a bed with a suspiciously thin mattress.
Most guests were older couples during our stay in February half term week."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of March 2006

Great value, Great location

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"I stayed at the princesa Dacil over christmas and wasn't expecting much for the price I paid over such a busy week. I was therefore pleasantly surprised by how good the food was for a 3 star hotel, although I did eat out a couple of nights, this didn't matter because the upgrade to half board was minimal. I recommend a room with a lounge, especially for families, as these are more spacious, although they do not have air con so if you are travelling in the summer you would be better off in one of the refurbished rooms on the higher floors which have air con, but no lounge. Location is excellent, 2 minute walk to the beach with lots of shops, bars and restaurants nearby. These are not frequented by the young and lively which was great, most holidaymakers were with families or older couples. We travelled with my parents and were able to book an electric wheelchair, which saved dad taking his own, the booking clerk at Morebeds arranged it before we arrived in resort and a private transfer. I recommend this as it saves waiting for a taxi. If you are looking for excellent value and a great location then this is the place for you, I will be going back next christmas!"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of January 2006

Go room only

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"The rooms at this hotel are spacious and clean and the hotel is in quite a good location near the centre of Los Christianos, but the dining and breakfast experience is awful (with the exception of the freshly cooked omelettes at breakfast).
The dining room is huge and impersonal and it is a mad scramble for a clean table, cutlery and then the food - which is hardly worth the fight to get it. We ate out after the first two nights of our stay.
We would go again but on room only basis,"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of December 2005

Very disapointing

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"We spent a week at this hotel fron 15th to 22nd of November. On arrival the first inpressions were a clean and spacious hotel. We had booked and payed for a room on a high floor overlooking the pool but they said they had no record of the booking. When I showed them my reciept they said we could have a room but it would be a tiny roon on the first floor near the entrance. We accepted this hoping for a change the next day. Next day no room was availiable. On the third day still no room and we were told that the hotel was full and no room would be availiable. We went out at 10am and returned to our room at 2pm to find a message saying that a room was availiable but when we went to claim it we were told that they had given it to some other person.
The food was very poor quality and we are not fussy eaters. Most of the hot food was nearly cold. The bar was so hot and stuffy inside because there is no air-conditioning and the same goes for the seating area in the entertainment area. We went at cooler time of the year so it must be unbearable in the summer.
There are many good hotels in Los Cristianos so there is no need to stay in an out dated place like this one."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of November 2005

Disappointing

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Just arrived back after 2 weeks in this hotel. First impressions count and we were disappointed to find that not even the main reception area was air conditioned and one of the rooms was not ready, even after 4.00 pm. A drinks voucher was given to my mother in-law by way of compensation, only thing was the bar staff at the pool did not honour it. My father in-law was ignored for over 10 minutes, even when I asked the bar man if there was a problem - he waved us off as if we were asking for something we were not entitled to. One of the other guests said she had also complained about the man, nothing seemed to be done. We also were never charged the same amount twice for the same order at this bar all through the holiday.

The rooms we were given were of a good size, our room was at the front of the hotel overlooking the pool area and was very hot, no air conditioning was available and we had to hire a fan so we could get some sleep. Only the top three floors have air conditioning so be aware when you book. Be aware if you are booked into rooms on the first 2 floors that these rooms are very small, my husband is over 6 foot and were told that he would not have been able to get into the bedroom, there was so little space.
We spoke to one couple in one of these small rooms who were reduced to sleeping in the reception area because their bed was broken and no other room was available.

I had read some mixed reviews of this hotel before we went and we were prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt. We were really disappointed with the restaurant (more like a canteen). It was very disorganised and members of staff did not take time to let newcomers know how things worked or where things where, as a result we wandered around looking for a table (there were 6 of us in our party) where we could all be seated together. This was a problem all through the holiday even when we altered the times when we were in there. We ended up not eating here, the standard of food was not what we expected and we are not fussy eaters. My idea of a restaurant is not one where you have to queue up for inferior food and be bumped about by other disgruntled guests. The noise level was horrendous, and there were often not enough plates, cups, cutlery etc.

We also spent most of our time on the beach. Please be aware that there are not enough parasols or sunbeds for the amount of guests using the hotel. The sunbed run in the mornings had to be seen to be believed. One morning I watched one lady put out 8 towels on sunbeds round the pool. The sun terrace was almost as bad, not enough parasols or sunbeds here either and the same faces every day using them. We were all there trying to have a good holiday but the selfishness of some guests left a bad taste.

It was a shame that the main reception area was not air conditioned. The English Bar looked lovely but the heat in there was unbearable. Even the poor bar staff had water running down their faces and still had to serve drinks.

I have to say that the children's entertainment team were first class, very friendly, and full of fun. Maybe they could pass some tips onto the restaurant staff and pool bar staff.

It would not take much to turn this hotel into a better one, more staff and a better furnished pool area to cope with the amount of guests would certainly help.

We will not be visiting again. I know it was only 3 star but we have stayed in some before and found them to be very comfortable and the food of a reasonable standard, unfortunately this is not one of them."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of October 2005

great hotel

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"me my wife and two boys one teenager and one ten had a lovely holiday in mid august at the sol our room was on the fifth floor and we had a good view of the swimming pool (yes it is true there is a mad rush for sunbeds at 8.30 every morning ) which was always fun to see but you could still get a bed after 9.00 we thought the entertainment staff were brilliant there was always something for everyone at meal times and found that although we didnt have air con our room was cool on a night we thought the poolside bar should have more than two staff the que for food was sometimes to long but that is just a small niggle just a small tip if you are planning to go to the waterpark or jungle zoo buy your tickets in advance and dont bother with the free bus there are plenty of taxis which will take you staight there with out fighting to get on and off and will only cost you 5-6 euros hope this will be of some help for you"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of October 2005

Not Good

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Myself and my husband stayed at this hotel for one week and thatwas long enough, on arrival our room was not ready and this seemed to be a problem when every one arrived.

When we did eventually get our room it was a cupboard, that is the only way to discribe it and also it did not have any air conditioning which made it upbearable to sleep at night.

The food was disgusting it was shlops that you were give. We have to eat out every night as I was not prepared to eat what was on the buffet.

Plus you had to run every morning to get a sun bed and parasol.

I would definatly not go back to this hotel. I would only say that this hotel is a two star never a three and certainly nothing any higher."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of October 2005

Great Hotel, where was the problem???

Good
Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"I stayed in this hotel with my parents the first 2 weeks in September. Firstly let me say that i work in the Hotel Business and was aware that 3 star standards in Spain are not as high as in the UK and Ireland.
The rooms we were allocated were over the front of the hotel as we had requested. (my father cannot sit in the sun so he was able to spend most of the day reading on the balcony if he wished) There was no problem with noise except on the morning that they came to empty the septic tanks. and the rooms were cooler as they didn't have the sun on them all day long.

The room was clean and was cleaned daily. There were fresh towels every day and the sheets were changed every second day. The tv had 4 English news channels and the Sky Travel Channel, everything else was in Spanish which was a great help to us learning spanish and helped my lessons along.

The pool was hillarious, what they say about the sun beds is true. I only went down for the 8.30 mad run one morning and witnessed people actually pushing others out of the way to run past. Get a Grip people, we were going down around 9 each morning and were still able to get beds in nice places where we had sun all day.

The entertainment team were first class, i managed to fight them off most of the time and didn't have to join in but they tried their hardest to get everyone involved. really Funny to see Phil getting kids and Adults alike doing press ups for such crimes as getting questions wrong in the pool quiz and the adults for swearing during water polo.
Didn't stay in for the entertainment in the evening so i cannot comment except for the night we wanted an early night as we had been out driving all day the were very loud but all noise stoped at 11pm and was taken down in to the disco.

Staff at the Pool bar were a little rude for my liking. Refusing to give extra ice when you had purchased a large bottle of water from them earlier. but the snacks were great for a quick bite in the middle of the day.

The reception staff were great and couldn't do enough for you (especially Lidia, Melanie and Alex). Any requests were delt with promptly.

As for the terrible restaurant that the food was unedable??. These people were not in the same hotel as we were. Every night there was fresh fish and a fresh meat (Veal, Pork, Steak, Chicken) cooked in front of you on the grill. There was always a roast, (pork, a leg of Lamb, Turkey) and then various pasta and meat dishes (we even got rabbit one night) veg was plentiul as was the salads and they always had a good selection of colslaws and mixed beans with sardines and various such dishes.
Jose in the Restaurant bar was exceptionally helpful and his service was great.
We only ate out 3 times in 14 nights. Once decided we wanted a Chinese, and we ate out for my Mothers Birthday on the last night. We also went to Puerto De la Cruz one day in the car and because we knew we wouldn't they supplied us with packed lunches. These had sandwiches and a drink and enough fruit to keep the 3 of us going for a week.

There was also a Piano in the lobby with a little guy playing in the evening. This more appealed to the older crowd who didn't want the lively entertainment out by the pool.

THE ONLY PROBLEM.... They have a great little bar just off the lobby, leather seating and enormous TV. I have been in Saunas that were not as warm as this... We were unable to enjoy the bar which was a shame. I did mention this to one of the receptionists when she asked if we had enjoyed our stay and she said it was something they were aware of and hopefully they Air condiotioning will be fixed this autumn during the next phase of their refurbishment.

I also checked out the superior rooms up on the 14th and 15 floors. They were larger than the standard room and had Air Conditioning and a Sofa. If i had wanted one it wouldn;t have been a problem to upgrade for an extra charge of €19 per night.

Would recommend for family's and couples alike. there were quite a few kids there even thought the schools had been back for a few weeks but they didn't cause any problems although i don't think i would have enjoyed it during the school holidays.

Would i stay again - A BIG YES."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of September 2005

Value for money

Reviewed Thu 11th of August 2016

"We went to this hotel after going to Tenerife many times.upgraded to all inclusive on arrival.for three star was value for money.food good nice friendly staff.great location.been in four star hotels which weren't as nice.just booked to day to return in Sept.looking forward to it"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of August 2016

Avoid this hotel

Reviewed Wed 6th of July 2016

"The staff at this hotel with a special mention to the waiters are appalling. If you refuse to upgrade on arrival you are treated with utter contempt by all staff from managers all the way down to waiters. Because I didn't "upgrade" on arrival we were not entitled to a drink of any kind including water with our meals..pointed out by a smirking arrogant waiter who just angered me every time I saw the shifty little man. Pay to stay at a hotel but then pay again to receive any sort of service..rip off..spoiled what otherwise was a good holiday when we went out..Do not stay at this place."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of June 2016

Hotels near TRYP Tenerife

Stayed at TRYP Tenerife? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for TRYP Tenerife

• rian by rian

"The Olive Tree was a good place to eat. "

• Scotsjimmy by Scotsjimmy

"Amigos Restaurant, Irish Times Pub "

• jayls by jayls

"Los Christianos is a fantastic place to go and has everything you need. You can make "

• Wantsomesun by Wantsomesun

"Los Cristianos is beautiful! "

• Wantsomesun by Wantsomesun

"The hotel had all we wanted although the aqualand is a great day out "

• kazexperience by kazexperience

"most of the chinese buffets !! great value !! quaint shopping areas. "

• BG by BG

"Be careful when booking accommodation "

• BG by BG

"Restaurant Cabanas on Los Cristianos sea front "

• gaford by gaford

"sailing to los Gigantes "

• 2scompany by 2scompany

"Buy a mask & snorkel and go fishy-watching out by the bay markers, wonderful! "

• "Lovely and quiant town "

• Biglil by Biglil

"loved it,very friendly,plenty to do "

• judyandalex by judyandalex

"great for couples and families "

• russellhammond45 by russellhammond45

"Fairly quite compared to neighboring Las Americas "

• caz by caz

"bring your own entertainment "

• john c by john c

"los crhristianos is a nice resort "

• malbear by malbear

"check out other hotels "

• HappyChappy by HappyChappy

"If you haven't got a lot of money, but need a holiday, this is the place to go "

• shelly by shelly

"Would visit again in the future "

• tlm170248 by tlm170248

"good for basic family holiday "

TRYP Tenerife is also called