great time going again

Reviewed Tue 16th of April 2013

"booked through travel republic had great time .parents go every year for 3 weeks me and my husband, brother and wife go for one week we had a two bed appartment was only us 2. was very clean, had no trouble.was abit noises at night from pub, if shut door didnt hear a thing looking to book again some people just like moaning! "

• Travel date: Mon 15th of April 2013

dated apartment

Reviewed Sun 1st of July 2012

"Apartment T1C 219, this apartment is very tired & dated 3/4 cockroaches every morning, apartment sunbeds old & stained, no privacy on balcony. not suitable for eldely or infirm, no direct lift to this apartment location, lots of building work in complex & outside."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of June 2012

lovely appartments. few negative points

Reviewed Tue 10th of April 2012

"having returned from paloma beach apparts yesterday, here is my honest oppinion. the appartment itself was faultless. everything you could possibly need. home from home, even english tv channels.first downside was the beds.never had anything so uncumfortable to sleep on. i found it impossible to sleep on them and spent yhe 11 nights of my holiday on the setee.next downside was that the appartment was not cleaned once in the 11 days we were there, i had to go to reception and ask for clean sheets after 7 nights,and towels were only changed twice in that time, which i dont thimk is acceptable. the only time we saw cleaner was on the day we were leaving, we had to be out of appart for 10am and cleaner was there at 9.55am. the pool was lovely and spotlessly clean,in full sun all day. downside....you could not get a bed(which you have to pay 2 euros each for), untill 10am.then at 5.55pm. on the dot you get told to get off them and they are locked up for the night. have never known anything like this anywhere. there are no balls,inflatables, or anything like this allowedor music.etc.so all you can hear is kids screaming and running round, which you cant blame them for as they are just trying to make their own fun. paloma beach is right at end of resort and a bit out of the way. very quiet area. must just mention the surry arms restaurant. had lovely meals there most nights,and beautifull fish menue on good friday.if you go sat hello to jess who is lovely and looks after you very well and is lovely friendly girl."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2012

£1850 to sleep on a sofa.

Reviewed Tue 13th of March 2012

"I booked Paloma Beach Apartments for a winter break having stayed there before and had a good time but this time,from the very first day,I was unable to sleep from the volume of the T.V.set next door until close to 1.A.M. every night.On the fourth night,unable to sleep because of their T.V.set at 12.45 A.M.I went to their apartment,rang the bell several times and the door was eventually answered by an elderly,hearing aid wearing,pot-bellied Englishman and when I told him that I could not sleep because of the volume of his T.V. set he said it was "Not very loud" another male in the apartment shouted out that I should "F-of".
Several more complaints were made about the volume and hour this T.V.set was on till and although it was turned of at 12.15 A.M.ish,they then stayed up till 1.A.M.and later holding Very Loud conversations,every word of which could be heard through the flimsy breeze block walls that these apartments are built with so I slept on the living room sofa of my apartment as the only way of getting any sleep much before 1.A.M.EVERY NIGHT.Following a review I posted about my stay here,John from the management company accused me of "Trying to ruin his business" and said I "Was a fool" and that I "Was aggressive" when I spoke to the owner of the apartment next to mine about being unable to sleep at almost 1.A.M. because of the noise from his apartment he also said the man owns the apartment and comes here for the winter every year,oh,same time I was here with him next door to me and that he had never been complained about in 25 years which is totally irrelevant,I HAVE SLEPT ON A SOFA EVERY NIGHT FOR FIVE WEEKS BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP IN MY APARTMENT BEDROOM TILL THEY GO TO BED AT 1.A.M.OR LATER.The final word from him to John was that he was not noisy and should he "Carry on as normal! to which John replied "Yes" and they have,every night and every night I have slept on the sofa.
This area of Los Christianos has become very run-down with graffiti scrawled everywhere,an apartment block a few yards down the road is in a very bad condition with netting up to catch bits that fall of it lots of shops trying to sell you low-quality fake camcorders,cameras and cigarettes,lots of camper vans parked a few yards away,feral cats everywhere and lots of dog muck.I stayed in and still am in apartment T1-160 but I would not come to this apartment or Paloma Beach Apartments ever again,not even if they paid me.My stay this time thanks to the occupants of the apartment next to me has been a nightmare,never,ever again.My advice is,go anywhere but do not come here,I never will again.Sean."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of March 2012

full of cockroaches

Reviewed Wed 18th of August 2010

"We had 2 apartments, very basic and tired, need updating
6/8 cockroaches in one each morning, 2/3 in the other. Lizard living behind picture on wall.sunbeds worn & very stained, could not use.
had to pay for pool sunbeds each day, had to pay for fans in apartments.
Patio doors did not slide properly in one, shutters broken very bleached, neede a coat of ronseal.
Too far from resort centre & beach but near the Sunday Market
Not very good, would not go back."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of August 2010

I have found it very interesting reading...

Reviewed Tue 19th of February 2008

"I have found it very interesting reading the other comments as different people see things in a completely different way.

We have just returned from a week in Paloma Beach apartments and had a great time. The apartments appear to be clean and in good order and our towels were changed during the time we were there. The two bed apartment we had was very roomy and comfortable and the following are my only complaints.

1. One of the bedrooms had no window or outside ventilation not even a ceiling fan. Now it wasn't too hot at night in February so we were OK but I don't think I would like to stay in that room at a very hot time of year. You would suffocate. I'm not bothered about not having a window BUT I do think a ceiling fan would be necessary at certain times of the year.

2. As eating out is so incredibly cheap we didn't do any cooking on this trip at all but if we had wanted to there were some items missing from the kitchen area, e.g. we only had two knives between four of us!

3. We were situated directly adjacent to the bar which wasn't very private but I have to be honest and say that there was no noise or inconvenience from the bar at all except for people smoking and the smoke drifting onto our patio if we were sitting outside. Perhaps it was a particularly quiet time of the year but no one sat outside the bar at night (as it was a little chilly) and usually they were closed by about 10pm.

I found Paloma Beach apartments well situated within easy walking distance of the restaurants, the town and the bus station and would recommend the complex to anyone wanting a good value holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of February 2008

Stayed here for the past 3 years and can...

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2007

"Stayed here for the past 3 years and cannot fault the apartments.

Apartments are clean and individually decorated as they are privately owned. Kitchen supplied with toaster, kettle, microwave, iron with ironing board (ladies) and many utensils not found in other self catering places.

Rooms have cd/radio and satellite TV with BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4, Sky Sports1 (gentlemen) and other channels. Towels changed midway through 1 week stay, bedding changed weekly. Laundry service, money exchange, and bar on site.

Located at the end of Los Cristianos and very peaceful. 10 minute walk along promenade to sandy beach and town centre. Supermarket 100 yards form apartment with Iceland’s across the road. You are responsible for taking rubbish down to bins located at front of complex, this is not a problem, take some bin liners (better than carrier bags).

It pays to book a penthouse apartment, a bit more expensive but worth it, as they get the sun all day and have sun loungers. Pool side loungers cost 2 Euros each, cheaper than the 6 Euros each charged on the beaches.

Management at apartments will arrange airport transfers at time of booking if you ask them, I paid £28 return for a private minibus transfer, and it even arrived early for the return trip.

Booking information can be found on apartments own website."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of December 2007

Been going to Paloma Beach for past 10 y...

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2007

"Been going to Paloma Beach for past 10 years and never been disappointed. Ideal location in Los Cristianos opposite Arona Gran Hotel.

Most of the apartments are privately owned so you can rent direct from owner or Paloma Beach Enterprises (its cheaper to rent direct from owner). Quiet beach across the road and local supermarket Mas a Menos is 2 mins walk away, where prices are very competitive.

Every Sunday there is a local market close by, but beware of pick pockets and also this is when the Timeshare Touts arrive.

You must dine in 'Rumours' which is a restaurant at the front of Paloma Beach, the food is home cooked and there is a wide variety, they also serve 'Real Chips' and 'Real Mash' also pay a visit to the 'Big Ben Pub' which is run by a lovely Spanish lady by the name of Rosa, prices are very cheap. People return year after year, what better recommendation."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of October 2007

Have been going to Tenerife for many yea...

Reviewed Sat 1st of September 2007

"Have been going to Tenerife for many years. This is the second time staying in Los Cristianos the first quite a few years ago. I have to say I thought it was a shame how shabby it has become particulally on the front, you will notice it on the walk back from the centre to the complex. The comments about dog fouling are very true also, it is disgusting.
Still some good restaurants in the centre serving steak and seafood. (la fortuna)

Now to the apartment!
Well I have to say if you like to go back to the apartment early some nights and just sit and read or play cards on the balcony etc Dont go to Paloma Beach! We like to have fun with the rest on holiday but some days especially if you have been on a trip all day, its nice to relax and maybe have a meal at your apartment.

Dont stay in any of the apartments above the reception as these are near to the Pool bar which for some bizzare reason is allowed to have loud music playing until midnight even worse you have to listern to people who think they can sing doing Kareoke. Also because the complex is similar to a horseshoe shape the sound travels very easily and although we were three floors up you could hear people having a conversation down at the pool as if they were next door to you. (not much fun after midnight) There are signs everywhere on each floor asking for you to be silent, yet they allow this racket from the pool bar until midnight!

The apartment was very clean upon arrival.

Would I go to Tenerife again? Yes - have been going for 20 years anyway
Would I stay in Los Cristianos again? probably not
Would I stay at Paloma Beach again? NO

I would have liked to stay for longer than a week but not at this complex. "

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2007

The apartment itself was excellent and w...

Reviewed Sat 18th of August 2007

"The apartment itself was excellent and well set out and filled with everything you could need for a self catering holiday. We booked through owners direct and the owners Aileen and Tom were incredibly helpful

Fully fitted kitchen, washing facilities and TV, video and DVD as well as books are all supplied and all cleaning products. There is also a very good supermarket with a bakery for fresh bread very close by which is ideal.

We were there in a very warm period and although there was no air con the apartments were very comfortable within.

The pool is of a good size and was very clean whilst we were there, there were any amount of sunbeds for hire at 2 euros a day, there is also a pool side bar which is handy and has internet access in it.

There is a row of British style pubs and restaurants very close by and are well used by the residents of the apartments.

The down side is the fact that it is like living in Little Britain with so many Chavy stereotypes it's not really funny. We spent very little time in the local bars because of this as we didn't feel it was very family friendly.

We also had a sunbed stolen poolside which we had taken from the apartments and obviously had to replace, having left it out unattended for 30 mins it went. Good old English abroad, you cant beat it!!

I would suggest going farther than the local fayre for food, we found some very nice restaurants like the Rosies Cantina Mexican Restaurant in the Oasis del Sur area and a Tapas Bar by the bus station, both within walking distance.

We also had recommended and went to an Italian in Las Americas, 4 Euros by taxi, called Bianco's which was great value for such a nice restaurant.

All in all we had a very relaxing holiday, exactly what we were looking for and found it beneficial looking up places to visit and eat on the internet, rather than just going to the nearest establishments."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of August 2007

First day - Holiday started great, good...

Reviewed Mon 9th of April 2007

"First day - Holiday started great, good clean accomodation, staff friendly and very helpful, quiet-ish location, easy access to the beach and all amenities.

Pool lovely and bar and entertainment great and open till about 11.30pm.

Second day - Pool closed until further notice due to cleaning - can use pool at hotel opposite - but absolutely filthy and broken glass everywhere (have 2 young children so would rather not!!)

Day 3 - Expecting maids to come and change beds or at least bring clean towels - never came for the whole fortnight!

Day 4 - Bar and entertainment closed until further notice

Day 8 - Bathroom cabinet fell off the wall straight onto my 3yr old son, informed reception; the nice and friendly staff were no longer nice and friendly!! - didn’t fix it or even say sorry!! - crap considering we had upgraded apartments to the penthouse suite!

Final day - Had to be out of the room by 10am but didn’t fly back to Manchester till 7pm so asked to keep the room for a few more hours.

Staff agreed but wanted an extra £100 - reluctantly paid only to find whilst we were at reception sorting this out, the staff came into our apartment and removed the kids cots so they couldn’t sleep!

Never again!

Some advice for anyone visiting Paloma Beach Apartments - don’t bother!"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of April 2007

A great place to relax

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"We have stayed at Paloma on many occasions and have recommended the complex to family, friends and neighbours.
The apartments are clean, functional and most have a decent view.
The biggest selling point is the pool area which we have always found to be very clean and inviting. Having to pay for a sunbed (only two euros) means that you do not get people saving beds and not using them.
The reception team know their business and ensure that some do not spoil it for others. If they have time they are always happy to have a chat and pass the time of day.
The bar team are friendly and hard working (you don't spend hours waiting for a meal or a drink).
It is not five star but then you are not paying five star money - pound for pound it is exceptional value and ticks the boxes for an enjoyable stay !"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of January 2007

Hotels near Paloma Beach Apartments

Top traveller tips for Paloma Beach Apartments

• cooly by cooly

"Tired apartments, many cockroaches, too far from centre "

• Umtali by Umtali

"Bring some ear plugs. "

• liverpoollou by liverpoollou

"not a lot around appart from few local bar/restaurants "

• lynndon by lynndon

"do a bit of research into private apartments. "

• morrisons by morrisons

"try and get high floor "

Paloma Beach Apartments is also called