About H10 Big Sur Boutique Hotel

• hot tub
  • heated pool
  • adult pool

Good

This is one of the best hotels I have st...

Reviewed Mon 14th of April 2008

"This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. I have been going to this hotel for years. The location is great and the hotel is clean and staff are very friendly, It should be rated as a 4* not 3*. I would recomend this hotel to everyone, cant fault it! Rooms are very nice and clean, if you are looking to book then pay the extra for a sea view room the view is the best!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2008

First Impression of the big blue hotel f...

Reviewed Tue 29th of January 2008

"First Impression of the big blue hotel from the outside was not good. However inside the hotel the decor is very nice. The room was nice and clean although the view of the road and carpark. The food was very poor and the same most days also they seemed to run out of clean dishes.Also men are asked to wear long trousers in the evening for meal which I found strange considering the standard of food. Staff most of them rude and always seemed under pressure,apart from reception staff they were polite and friendly and the entertainment was the worst I have ever seen mainly made up of dreadful quiz most nights and the same two people every single night. We went out most nights as the area does have some nice bars and restaurants. The pool was quite small but area clean we had a problem trying to get sunbed though as it seems most people got up during the night to put towels in sunbeds so most days went to the beach which was a short walk away and was alright. The rep at the hotel was very nice and friendly and he agreed that there was a problem trying to get sunbeds. Tenerife itself is lovely and I may go back one day but definately not at this Hotel the only thing I was greatful for was thankgod I was only there for one week and not two."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of January 2008

Small hotel appeared friendly. Rooms ok...

Reviewed Mon 25th of June 2007

"Small hotel appeared friendly. Rooms ok not special. Pool fine.

Location not as promised it was close to beach but all rocks.

Entertainment good and bad, obvious lack of finance by management. The two young animators did their best.

Again waiters in bar did their best but appeared de motivated. Food good first week. But now second week our problems started. Food downhill, lack of dishes/lack of basics i.e. bread. Poor service.

When we asked for soup dishes the head waiter stated he only had one pair of hands. He then threw soaking dishes straight from dish washer.

Asked to see director of hotel did not appear.

I would not recommend this hotel, we work hard for our holiday money. And can do without rude staff.

Big Sid."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2007

First impressions not good

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"we stayed at this hotel from the 5th to the 19th of september 2006. it resembles a multi blue tennement building at naples dockside. brochure pics exxagerate size of outside facilities, no gardens to walk in , no tennis court , very cramped sun bathing area, very small childrens pool , and nothing else for the kids to do. i would not reccomend for under 12 years children. lots of cockroaches inside and outside the hotel, no air conditioning, very basic bedroom which we had to pay 20 euros for the remote control to watch the tv , we paid for sea / pool view and never got it, and although we had paid the extra we where told that we had to pay yet more money to change rooms another 10 euros per person per night which we did as they put us in a room above the car park very noisy and 8 floors up , lift only went to 7th floor. bar staff where very good and extremely over worked , unlike the dining room staff who where useless, the dining room was like an oven , no fans or air con, only good meal is breakfast and then only if you like fried food all the time.nothing suitable to eat for kids.the evening dress code was non existent and i think the dining room manager was too we never seen him or her .this hotel maybe only a 3 star but as it is a h10 hotel it was vastly lacking in most facilities that most h10 hotels are equipped with for this star rating , we have been to several h10 hotels and have always been pleased but this one was an exception , go to any h10 hotel but dont waste your money on this one. the resort of los christianos is also dirty , full of stray cats and dogs and all their foul mess , dead rats left on side walks for days , not recommended at all."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of September 2006

First impressions of the big blue buildi...

Reviewed Mon 14th of August 2006

"First impressions of the big blue building were where have I come to but once inside the lobby area lovely decor friendly staff always put them selves out for you. Had to swap rooms because noisy on the front of the hotel and we had to pay more money but the view was well worth the extra.

Food was 4 star even though the hotel was a 3star champagne breakfast some mornings but sometimes you had to queue to get in the dinning room the pool area was spotless but like most hotels you had to get up at the crack of dawn to get one, but the walk to the beach was well worth the effort, didn't stop in the hotel at night needed the walk after tea so has to let our food go down hubby and I really enjoyed the hotel.

Not much for little ones to do not geared up for toddlers even though there is a paddling pool area but that was always taken up by the early morning towel brigade all in all fantastic holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of August 2006

Relaxing

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We stayed at the H10 Oasis Moreque in July 2006 we arrived around 10.30pm so we had missed the evening meal ! We were allocated to the 6th floor with a nice view of the mountains and also the traffic! We decided to ask if they had any other rooms available with a sea view and we were allowed to view the room before we made out choice (also we had to pay extra for this) but the view was much nicer the other side, so we moved lol. You do hear the ferry's on that side and they do start very early in the morning. The food in the restaurant was ok, nothing really special , breakfast was very tasty, full english but no sauages everyday which was a shame, when they finally did have sausages they tasted like frankfurter's yuk! The evening meal you had to give your room number and they would show you to the table then the waiter takes your drinks order (which you pay for before you leave the restaurant) help yourself to the food etc, soup was very bland no taste at all lol, desserts were pretty much the same each evening. The enntertaiment in this hotel starts at 9.45pm and finishes at 10.30pm !! lol so we ventured out to the night life by the back door we usuallly went to "dreamers" which is near the "Irish Times" we had some brilliant nights in Dreamers go there you will enjoy it. oh by the way the back gate gets locked after 11.30pm so you have to take the long way back to the hotel! up a big hill! but after a few of their Vodka's you won't mind lol. All in all we had a brilliant holiday there.
Jackie and Terry"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of August 2006

A Beautiful Place to Holiday

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"My famiy and I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions. It is so friendly and we are entertained day and night (there's water polo, pool, tennis, petanque, darts, etc), which is especially appealing when you have children. It is situated right on the promenade and is so close to the town centre, without being amidst the hustle and bustle. We would thoroughly recommend this to couples and small families wanting a quiet (no 18-30's here!!) and pleasant holiday destination."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of July 2006

Suite success at the Oasis Moreque

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"We have just returned from the Oasis Moreque and had a fabulous holiday. Although i booked in June 2005, on our arrival we were informed that the hotel was overbooked and would we share 2 suites that sleep 4 and keep the room for 3 that we had booked. We were a group of 11 women and were a bit apprenhensive about having a room with what we thought would be 2 double beds and 1 bathroom.
However the suites turned out to be massive with two seperate bedrooms and a lounge area. A huge wrap around balcony with loungers and patio set and fabulous sea views. Well impressed. The only thing was that there was just one bathroom, but being all women who travel often together this wasn't a problem.
Food , no complaints but have had better. Desserts bland and the meat a little tough at times but loads of choice. Breakfasts were very tasty with hot baguettes and croissants fresh out the oven. Restaurant however was too hot.
Staff were fabulous and nothing was too much trouble. The technician who had to fix a safe and dodgy room door ( mechanical failure ) was Eileens favourite person as he was so helpful.
Los Cristianos has something for everyone shopping and bar/restaurant wise. The nanas of the group were well happy as were the sun worshippers as the weather was red hot all week.
Hotel was immaculately clean. Pool a bit small and it's a bit cheeky to charge 1 euro 20 for towel and mattress for the sun beds.
All in all a fabulous hotel with great staff. A suite success indeed."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of May 2006

What a friendly place this is

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"Just returned from Oasis Moreque where we spent a wonderful relaxing week. The outside of the hotel is a bit offputting and tired but once you enter the Reception area everything changes. The standards and cleanliness are more than I would expect from a 3 star hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food was great (stayed half board) impressive choice both for breakfast and dinner. The entertainment was 'interesting' The Animators do their best to include everyone. It was great to walk along the promenade and as we were two women we were not harrassed by the Time Share Touts. The market on Sunday is very vibrant. If you want to relax and enjoy the sun this is a good place to do it. My only criticism is that there is no coffee making facilities in the room. I would definately return to this Hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of April 2006

Glad to be back

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"I stayed in this hotel in July 2005 and was so impressed that I decided to return for 4 days in January 2006. I was accompanied by my 80+ year old mother and my teenage daughter. When we checked in we were delighted to find that we had been allocated a junior suite on the 8th floor – lots of room for all of us – I wonder if that was the suite where Liz and Richard stayed when they visited.

I was pleased that the hotel suited all of us.

Mum is not very mobile and she liked it because everything she needed was inside the hotel and she did not feel the need to venture outside.

My daughter once again enjoyed the activities that were organised by the animation team. This gave her the chance to socialise with other guests and make new friends.

I enjoyed the calm and relaxing atmosphere.

On our arrival at the hotel we were greeted like old friends by the staff on reception and in the Bar Ucanca. It was nice to know that my patronage was appreciated by the staff.

The Animation team provided lots of activities during the day and the usual hilarious entertainment in the evening. Thank you to Markus, Remco and a girl but I can't remember her name!!

Mum and I used the hairdressing service and were pleased with the results – thank you Vivian.

The food was once again very good with an excellent selection at breakfast and dinner.

Once again I had a very enjoyable stay and will return again."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of April 2006

Great value, friendly hotel

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"My sons and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in February and found it to be excellent value. The rooms are a bit basic but that is probably to be expected from a three star, the location is excellent and the staff were helpful and friendly. We only did B&B - I agree with other reviewers that restaurants in Los Cristianos are plentiful and inexpensive - and breakfast was above average, with a good range of food. I can see that sunbeds around the pool area could be a problem as there aren't very many and they did seem to get taken very early on - however, this didn't really worry us as we went out every day. I would definitely visit Los Crisitanos again and would go to this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of February 2006

Fine

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"Stopped for 5 nights in Nov 2005. Hotel was fine - room was clean with adequate facilities. Didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the food. Location good - right on the seafront, just 2 mins walk from the beach and 5/10 mins from all the bars/restaurants. Usual problem of sunbeds being reserved with towels early in the morning so we went on the beach every day. The pool area was quite small and well shaded by all the palm trees, so not sure how much sun you would have got there anyway. Overll though, happy with our stay and no concerns."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of January 2006