Apartamentos Aguamar

Calle Albani, 38650 Los Cristianos, Arona, Tenerife Spain

Good

best holiday of all time!

"Best holiday ive been so far. Every room faces the pool. Pool area very good but have to get up really early to get a sun bed as there is not alot. Food very nice. My 2 childen(one 13 year old and 8 year old) loved this hotel.
There is lots in this hotel.
2 computers
2 lifts
table tennis
washing machine room
no entertainment but
stairs at the back of the hotel if you dont want to use the lifts
another pool at the top of the hotel but doesnt get used because its being pulled out and being replaced.
baby pool and bigger pool
You can learn to scubadive at the pool once a week

You can also go to the water park, or the this jungle place or up the volcano (forgot the name). We went to the water park which is brilliant , only problem is that the ground is very hot and you have to run up to the flume. And there is a free dolphin show there too. We got videos and Pictures of it.
There is no entertainment at night but there is a bar across the road with a karoke and more bars and breakfast places. If you go down to the sea front there is lots of bars and people who can hena paint, do briads in your hair and also draw your picture. There is trampolines there too for kids.
Only 10 mins from airport hotel.
Supermarket round the corner
I loved this hotel much. Would recommend this to anyone and would go again. Great time here!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of February 2007

Lovely Tenerife

"The 2 bedroomed apartment was lovely and spacious. Disappointed that the roof terrace was closed. No evening entertainment. Could be noisy with people coming back from their evening out. Weather was beautiful as always in Tenerife. Quite a walk to the beach, but was worth it.
These apartments could be so much better if evening entertainment were provided as it is quite a walk into Los Cristianos to find some. Spent most evening having a meal and then returning to apartment by about 10pm and watching television, which you can do at home!!!!

All in all, we did enjoy our holiday though. Would not recommend it for teenagers, although our two did generally enjoy the holiday, sunbathing by the pool during the day, playing pool and drinking cocktails at night!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of January 2007

good hatel

Good

"We stayed at the Aguamar over the new year, on arrival the hotel was spotlessly clean and our rooms, although on the small side for four adults, was well equipped and nicely furnished. We had fresh towels every other day, and the sheets changed twice. Hairdyers, irons and many other items are available to hire, but the rooms have kettles, toasters and coffee makers.

We stayed on a half board basis and found the food to quite varied and all well cooked and nicely presented. You could eat as much as you wanted but the staff were a little slow refilling the food bar. We didn't see a single insect anywhere in the hotel or the surrounding areas. The pool was lovely, clean and well maintained, although we did feel it was built in the wrong place as it didn't have full sun all day. You can't reserve the sunbeds, but be up early if you want to grab a couple. The roof terrace and jacuzzi were fully operational when we were there.

The Aguamar is quite well situated, about a 15 min walk to the beach & town, but it's all up hill going back....taxis are plentiful. There are some great bars within easy reach , try the Heritage bar & the " Overseas " chinese ..it does a fantastic meal.

Our only real gripe about the Aguamar was the lack of entertainment. There was nothing for kids to do ( day or night ) and the hotel didn't even lay on a bit of entertainment for New Year's Eve. So if it's just a base for your holiday that you need, and don't mind going else where for your entertainment, the Aguamar would suit you nicely."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of January 2007

Excellent Stay at the Aguamar

"Just returned from a week's stay at The Aguamar. Had a fantastic time. The hotel has obviously been refurbished and all the appliances are new. The maid was in every day bar Wednesday with clean towels, very clean with the only downside being no air conditioning although fans were available to hire at reception for approx 15 euros per week. The pool area was very clean, would expect it to be busy and a bit crowded during the peak summer months, if so try the rooftop terrace. Special mention to Emilio the night porter, very nice guy. The hotel is In an excellent location, 5 minutes walk from the Netto Supermarket and a 20 minute walk to the beach and seafront of Loc Cristianos. Friendly pubs across the road, especially The Bucaneer, spent a very enjoyable Sat afternoon in there watching the football. I'm busy planning our next trip to the Aguamar in April"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of November 2006

Most enjoyable

Good

"My partner and i have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Aguamar, and had a really good time. We found our apartment to be spotless, and the towels were changed daily and the bed linen changed regular. The staff were friendly and helpful in advising on good places to go to eat and visit, the pool area was clean and there was a life guard on duty. The only down side i would say was that there was no entertainment or music at all, which when we spoke to other guests said that if there had been, they would have been more than happy to stay on the complex and spend their money, rather than go outwith. You are spoilt for choice right on your front door, with brilliant bars and restaurants, all with some kind of entertainment. for all ages. The best place for breakfast by far has to be Porkies, as well as their sunday roast, which is to die for!!! if they put on entertainment, we would have no hesitation to stay at the Aguamar,just watch out for the scratch cards, don't be fooled by them!!! just say no thanks and keep walking......................we didn't want to come home.

Tracy and Wiliam.....Scotland"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of September 2006

terrible

"We have just returned from the Aguamar and we are all very disappointed with our stay. The Aguamar boasts about a rooftop Jacuzzi and squash courts, they are there but were "out of order", I think they were meant to be under construction but in our two week stay we never saw any work being done on them.
The maid did tidy the beds daily but our sheets were never changed and after 1 week we needed to go down and ask for fresh sheets and make ourselves a clean fresh bed. The apartment is really basic but there were insects everywhere and you couldn't even leave a glass on the table with them crawling over it. In the morning you would need to be up extra early if you wanted to laze by the pool area as all the sun loungers were taken by 9am. If you were lucky enough to get a lounger there were workmen making lots of noise in the unused apartments anyway. The Beach is about a 15/20 min walk away which I would recommend instead. When we finally went down to get a complaint form the receptionist told us if we hand it in that they would rip it up so I’m better giving it directly to the owner myself.
In all honesty I cant see what group of people the Aguamar would attract as there is no nightly entertainment and no kids club there isn’t even any music. I went with my partner and my mum. My partner and I are both 21 and my mum is 45 and we don’t have a positive thing to say about the Aguamar. We would definitely not recommend."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of September 2006

Not as good as reviews said

"I have just returned from Tenerife staying at the Aquqmar Apartments which i would definately not recommend to anyone with kids as there is absolutely nothing to do for children during the day or at night no entertainment no music aloud by the pool thats if you could ever get a sunbed at the pool as these were all reserved for approximately 8:30 every morning.
It was clean but very tight squeeze with 2 Adults and 2 children clean towels every second day hotel was generally very clean but that is the best i can say about the place if we had not found the Scottish Pub called A J's which had great entertainment on for both kids and adults and the staff and owners to be the most friendliest people i have ever met who loved the kids to bits well my holiday to tenerife would have been very dissapointing.
From Leona,Paul,Emma and Chloe
Ayr."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of August 2006

Good Hotel!

"The Aguamar apartments are located about 15 mins walk from los cristianos town centre and about 30 seconds from the Netto supermarket. The hotel has a fantastic location and was a fantastic price. The apartments can be a bit noisy if you leave the bedroom windows open but by opening the balcony door and any connecting doors you soon feel better! We had a 2 bedroom apartment between 5 of us which was huge and well equipped for self catering guests. The room was exceptionally clean and we had fresh towels every day as well as the maids cleaning the apartment. The pool is cold but very refreshing. It is true bout the sunbeds they are all gone by 9 am but if you go down to the pool a bit later there are always some free as people dont tend to stay at the pool all day. Alternatively Las Vistas beach is only around 20 mins away and is the best beach near byI didnt try the hotel food but can recommend some nice little eateries near by. Porkies does great value all round food and Treasure is the best Chinese buffet in the resort and its on the sea front. There are plenty of bars opposite the hotel if you like being local but if like us you want some nightlife then venture into Playa and down to Edwards or Tramps where you can have a good time. Be warned Playa is extortionate compared to Los Cristianos but is worth atleast one visit. Also check out Aqua Marina scuba diving. They do test dives in the hotel pool and if you like it I would definately recommend going on their discover scuba dive. It was the best thing Iv ever done and I would encourage all to have a go.

Overall the holiday was really good considering it was the frst time I had been away without my parents and that I booked everything seperately on the internet. If I ever went back to Tenerife I would go to the Aguamar again...very good value for money!"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of July 2006

fantastic

Good

"this was our second time to tenerife ,and our second time in the Augamar ,and i can honestly say that it was fantastic..it is a small family hotel ..it is quiet about midnight ,but if you want to stroll out there are pubs and resturants ,left or right of the main doors..the staff are friendly ,the rooms are modern the food is quite tasty but there are eateries with in 100 yrds ..ok if your on the road there is some noise ,,but .c.mon its your holidays ,,why would you want to go to bed early...the only draw back in tenerife is the time share but i found that when they walk up to you ,ask them for directions ,they forget everything and try there best to help you ,,,i also asked them their name, so next time i met them i shouted "hello" it was near the end of my stay before they caught on..i hope you have a great time in los christianos ..i know we will next time"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of July 2006

passable

"this was my first time abroad and there was no big problems apart from the noise if laying new floors early in the morning the room was clean and the maid service was great it wasnt busy so there was some noise at night with door slamming but i was too warm to sleep and didnt open my window as i was on the ground floor the buffet meal at night was terrible fish or chicken nuggets was all that was on offer so we walked back out but there was plenty of places outside to eat so we didnt eat at all in the hotel but i would have no problems staying there again as i had a great holiday and there was no cockroaches in my room and everything was within walking distant i would have liked air cond in the room but most nights i was tired from all the sightseeing that i did manage to sleep a visit to the jungle park and a boat trip to see the whales was 2 good days out as well the staff were very helpful at the hotel and i coulnt fault them in anyway i will go back again all in all i had a good holiday and the hotel and staff were good"

• Travel date: Sun 18th of June 2006

great clean tidy hotel. billiant helpfull staff

"went for 10 days in may. cant even think of 1 thing to complain about this hotel or its staff. staff on there hands and knees cleaning the floors and still took the time to smile and say hello. reception very helpful and polite and make you feel very welcome. would well recomend this hotel. i will be going back later this year {well done aguamar} "

• Travel date: Mon 4th of June 2012

Do not go half board!

"I booked the Aguamar along with a few friends for a weeks stay, on the strength of the very good reviews on this site. Unfortunately I would not go along with many of the positive reviews already posted. My main gripe is with the food – I would urge anyone looking to stay here half board, do not do it! The dining room is very small and the buffet area tiny – we were here in November and they were running out of food and taking an age to replace it (if at all), I am not sure how they manage in peak-season. The food was all processed and tasted disgusting and there were hardly any options – vegetarians can basically forget it. I know this is a 3* but even so that is no excuse for what they served up. Breakfast is just about do-able, providing of course they haven’t run out of what you want, although with good hearty breakfast options in the town starting from as little as €2.50, I would do that instead! The restaurants in Los Cristianos, in my view, were very good value and proper wholesome food. Even though we had paid for half board, we ate out nearly every night.

There is no air-con in the rooms and I would imagine in the height of summer, this would be unbearable – especially on the side we were on. Our room backed on to a main road and there was only a small window (high up above the bed). It was very stuffy, dark and uncomfortable in the bedroom.

For any sun-worshippers, there is only one part of the pool-side that gets any sun and there is a scramble every day for sunbeds in that area. We spent every day down the beach instead – make sure to cross over the bridge to the right of the port in Los Cristianos for the golden beach looking out to sea (as opposed to the beach looking out at all the ferries).

The wifi in the Aguamar is €20 per device, not per room so please bear that in mind if more than one person wants wifi on their mobiles etc. Also, the wifi will not stay logged in – you will keep having to log back in every half hour which is a pain so be careful not to lose your wifi ticket and be extra careful that the print does not rub out. This happened with me, I simply folded the ticket in my purse and the ink rubbed off. Reception were not very helpful at all at first and would not replace my ticket or give me another code, although it does depend on who you speak to as the second lady I saw was more helpful and replaced my ticket.

On the whole I really enjoyed what Tenerife has to offer and the walk from Los Cristianos to Las Americas is well worth it. It is a good walk but the two resorts practically bump into each other so there is no empty areas along the way, which is a nice stroll along the beach promenade. I was really impressed with Las Americas, I was expecting a typical brit-resort but was very pleasantly surprised. It was very smart with lots of nice shops and restaurants – everything was so clean and smart. I would definitely return to Tenerife and in November time again, came back with a fantastic tan – we had perfect weather all week!

• Travel date: Fri 27th of January 2012

Hotels near Apartamentos Aguamar

Stayed at Apartamentos Aguamar? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Apartamentos Aguamar

• amyc03 by amyc03

"nice, clean, lots of places to eat, lots of shops, big market on sundays. "

• amyc03 by amyc03

"angus steak house. loroparque. "

• Angela Burns by Angela Burns

"great holiday destination for all walks of life! "

• Sonia_D by Sonia_D

"Great base for a great holiday "

• nicola by nicola

"bit of walk from the resort centre "

• charz by charz

"great break holiday fun "

• krissy2010 by krissy2010

"great for just getting away from home life "

• chocolate by chocolate

"looking for a good clean appartment in tenerif that is good value for money then book agumar "

• D by D

"Clean friendly apartments "

• Avril from Dundee, Scotland (Party of 5) by Avril from Dundee, Scotland (Party of 5)

"Excellent value for money "

• taylors by taylors

"nice and relaxing ,,within distance of everything "

• catalaneta by catalaneta

"Don't waste your money withi this hotel "

• wirral by wirral

"los christianos good choose different apartmens "

• Holidaymaker by Holidaymaker

"Visit Carlos (Bruce Willis/Jack Nicholson/) at Tasca Andaluza (Paseo Roma) for his great hospitality and his wife's most fantastic rare fillet steaks, garlic prawns and red wine! "

• drew by drew

"vgo with the flow night noise may noy bother u? "

Apartamentos Aguamar is also called