We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Catalonia Punta del Rey

Avenida Generalisimo 165, 38520 Las Caletillas, Tenerife Spain

Amazing!

"I booked this hotel as a last minuite deal, it was very cheap and I was expecting the worst! Well, I was in for a big suprise when I arrived, the hotel was in a very good area with lots to do, it was very clean, modern and well looked after! The staff were a very friendly and helpful bunch who'd do anything for you. The pool area was exellent with a nice freeform rock formation that looked gorgeous, the temperature of the pool was just right and it was on the beach which was also very nice! The room was excellent, very spacious, air conditioning was very nice, it was extremely clean and I couldnt fault it in the slightest!

If youve got kids they will also love the hotel. The staff were excellent with them and made every effort they could to keep the children entertained, they had a completely different holiday to us and enjoyed every single minuite of it!

If you jump in a taxi and pay around 5 to 10 euro's you can go to the beautiful resort of Santa Cruz, the capital, and have a very good day out! The shopping is excellent with some very exclusive shops and the food there is great! Your also only a 10 minuite taxi journey from Loro Paurque which is like seaworld and was an amazing day out for me and the kids!

Your only around 40km's from Tenerife South Airport and it costs around 30 euro's in a taxi so no need to get transfers as there quite expensive!

The Travel Agent we booked through, On The Beach, were very helpful and polite on the phone, the young man did everything he could to beat other companys deal's and get us a good holiday, next time I book I will definetly be going back to them!!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of October 2005

Not a bad place to stay

"We stayed there for the middle 2 weeks of september.

The hotel is frequented by mainly Spanish tourists (80%) with the rest being a mix of English, French, German and Polish.

The hotel is generally good and well laid out. The rooms are 'fit for purpose' and are serviced to a good standard by the maids. The staff are helpful and friendly with varying levels of English.

I believe the 4* rating should be 3*. The food served in the buffet was average but usually only warm.

A tip for the non-smokers. Get a table in the no-smoking area but get your food from the smoking aream it's generally much busier and so has a faster turn-around on the food.

Some of the rooms have interconnecting doors whose security can be defeated with a gentle nudge. The walls are quite thin so noise carries easily.

Those rooms overlooking the Show Bar will be quite noisy until the Show Bar closes at Midnight.

We used the sea water swimming pool as it was generally quieter. However there are fewer sunbeds and those there are chainded down so only have limited movement. What is made clear is the (main) road that has to be crossed to get to it though there is a light-controlled crossing.

The evening entertainment ranged from the pretty good to dire but as there's nothing else make the most of it.

The hotel has a great view of the hills, sea and power station."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of October 2005

Great holiday

"Like other folk, had read the reviews before going (and after booking) and was dreading what we were in for. The hotel however, was fantastic. Not really near anything but that suited us, the food was good and there was plenty to keep us occupied. In fact, the week wasn't long enough. My 9 year old son had a great time, playing in the pool and playing crazy golf, pool etc. and going up for pizza whenever he liked. Would go back tomorrow."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of August 2005

Well worth a visit

"Read the reviews and was a wee bit apprehensive. DONT BE ! This hotel offers great accomodation and entertainment. I must admit, although the food was very good and the menu varied, it was sometimes a bit cold. Nevertheless, this hotel is well run, staff are very polite and nothing bad to report. No hesitation in going back."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of July 2005

Good Hotel for a good price

Good

"We stayed at this Hotel for one week all inclusive and although possibly not four star, we had no complaints with anything. The staff were very friendly, the rooms were basic but clean and the food was fine - not hugely varied over our stay but there was always something different on the menu each night. Entertainment was a bit Butlins-like for my taste but they did make a huge effort and the kids loved it, excelent kids club too. There were more Spanish and French tourists there than British, but I liked this mixture of cultures. All in all, we found this a good value for money, no frills hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of June 2005

Great hotel, great location, great trip!

Good

"Me and my boyfriend had a very wonderful time in this hotel last January during one week... we really enjoyed room, gardens, pools, night shows every day, near to everywhere in the island! don't believe bad recommendations!! if you expect to have a good trip with your love it's simply perfect... don't forget to get all-included!!
kisses!"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of April 2005

Value for money

"Booked this hotel independently after using BA to fly to the North Airport.

Most guests were elderly Spanish and French. They did not like English children!

Hotel has good facilities but food was often luke warm and did'nt vary much in the week we were there. The exception was green muscles one night and they were superb. Separate areas in the dining room for smokers/non smokers but no segration at breakfast. We were all inclusive so food, drinks and ice lollies all day. All inc drinks ends at 11pm. Went in hotel disco one night (opens 12 closes 2 or 3 am) - happy hour 12.30 till 1.30 2 drinks for the price of one.

Nothing else to do in the resort - no bars absolutely nothing! Local buses cheap and cheaper still with a Bono ticket.

Hotel represented good value for money."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of April 2005

we enjoyed it

"We visited at Easter 2005 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree it is not four star by British standards, but the food was fine, the rooms were comfortable and clean and we found the service friendly.There are activities to do during the day at the hotel and places to walk in the evening.The only thing to spoil our holiday were the few moaning British at the hotel hell- bent on having a miserable time."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of April 2005

Not 4 star, but pretty good.

Good

"Having read the previous reviews, I'd have to agree that this isn't a 4 star hotel. Having said that, for what we paid it was fine. The food was a decent standard, sometimes it was a bit cold, but that's the nature of buffets. The service in the restaurant was always good and even the free wine was very drinkable. Not great if you're a vegetarian (we're not), but if you think that's bad - try Germany! There never is much choice for veggies abroad. The bars weren't anything special, but we found a quaint little place a couple of minutes walk from the hotel - very Spanish. Not the place to go to if you're looking for night life, the entertainment was amusing - not always intentionally. We were looking for a cheap week away in the sun, and it met our requirements perfectly."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of April 2005

Nothing like the bad reviews

"I booked the hotel without reading any reviews, and after I read what people had to say I was worried sick! but after my holiday I thought this hotel was brilliant! nothing like the reviews I read the food was excelent the staff very helpful and overall i had a fantastic time i would recomend this hotel to anyone!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of January 2005

Great Family holiday

Good

"Rooms were cleaned everyday lovely white towels restaurant food very good and pool snack bar great choice also. Kids club was very well run and entertainment also good family fun. Staff were so helpful and pleasant there were 10 of us adults and children. Good location good bus services to places and a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL. "

• Travel date: Mon 18th of April 2016

ok but dated

"Stayed a week at this hotel in Jan 2016.

More like a three star hotel.

cons
I had to move to another room on my second night because of noise from the show room which was extremely load.

Reps were pretty useless and not the brightest of individuals.

Some of the reception staff were unpleasant and not at all helpful.

Pros
Room was clean and a nice view of sea (in first room I was in !)

Food in buffet was good and plentiful and the catering staff work very hard to please you.

Short walk across road to the sea view and short distance to a nice promenade.

Good for buses that were a short distance across road. Also, newsagent and supermarket close by.

All in all, ok as a budget hotel but not a four star and fine for a short trip (Max one week)..

A very honest review. (Also, you must use the safety box in room as theft is possible and has happened!).

• Travel date: Thu 4th of February 2016

Hotels near Catalonia Punta del Rey

Stayed at Catalonia Punta del Rey? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Catalonia Punta del Rey

• nickmc78 by nickmc78

"Quiet, peaceful, friendly place "

• nokia07 by nokia07

"nice place but very little to do "

• nomad by nomad

"Nice hotel, friendly staff "

• Magda & Mariusz (Poland / Norwich) by Magda & Mariusz (Poland / Norwich)

"Meet new people, relax and enjoy your time there. Don't believe all the reviews :) "

• polskibird by polskibird

"choose a different hotel and resort "

• Sandra M by Sandra M

"just relax and enjoy the sunshine "

• Catalonia punta del ray by Catalonia punta del ray

"We were on 4th floor smaller block "

Catalonia Punta del Rey is also called