lovely hotel

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"We stayed at this hotel in June and loved it. It was modern, stylish, clean and comfortable.
Our rooms were also stylish, clean and comfortable, with a fabulous view of the sea.

Staff were friendly and helpful. The food was plain but well cooked, with terrific salads as you would expect. It is a Spanish owned hotel so the influence is Spanish. The only complaint about the food was at breakfast, in the land where they grow oranges, the orange juice at breakfast was packet, and not very nice.

Poolside was clean with very comfortable loungers. It was quiet when we were there so no problem getting one, but perhaps when it's busier, it might be a little more difficult.
The one problem we found was sunbathing. The hotel sits on a promontary, facing the sea, so it can be very windy, and being near the mountains, which build up their own cloud cover it can also be cold, unfortunately. Away from the sea it is fine, warm enough.

The area around the hotel is still being built up, as a golf resort, so not many walks, and not much in the way of night life. A few o.k. restaurants, but nothing special. When they have finished in a couple of years I think it will be much better.

There is a nice cliff walk at the back of the hotel runs right round the promontary, very pleasant to stretch your legs during the day or in the early evening. There is a short break in the flagstones of about 50 yards or so, but it's easily negotiated, even if you have a mobility problem, but it is steep in several places, but worth it for the sensational views. I wouldn't really recommend it late at night, unless you are in a mixed party as there are not many lights, so not very wise for Women on their own. Having said that I never felt uneasy while I was there.

The hotel is only about 5 miles from the airport, so if you arranged the trip youself, get a taxi from the Airport, it's acutally cheaper than arranging transfers.
It can be quite dramatic watching the planes come in to land, but there is very little noise, all the rooms face out to sea and are well soundproofed, so aircraft can only be heard from the terrace and even then only occasionally, and on take off.

We really enjoyed our stay here, and would have no hesitation about going back, it was so much better than our last holiday in Play de Las Americas."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of July 2007

Already planning our next trip!

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Vincci for the last week in June 2007 and absolutely loved it.

The first thing I noticed upon arrival in reception was the beautiful & contemporary decor and excellent standard of cleanliness. The staff were extremely polite and have excellent people skills.

We stayed in a Junior Suite on the 3rd floor overlooking the sea, on a B&B basis.

Having read some of the mixed reviews on here prior to travelling, there were seeds of doubt planted in my mind as to whether I had made the right choice, particularly regarding the food.

We had breakfast at the hotel every morning, and there is an excellent variety to cater for all tastes & needs all served buffet style.

We only encountered one slight problem with the room during our stay when the patio door to our balcony wounldn't lock. Having reported it at reception on our way out for an evening meal, we had just got into a taxi when my girlfriend had to nip back to the room, only to discover that the maintenence staff were already attending to our problem. This must of been a response time of about 2-3 mins!

The location is also excellent with enough restaurants, bars and shops locally to keep you entertained without making the journey to the hustle & bustle of Las Americas.

Also, it does tend to be alot windier in this resort than further down the island, but you get used to this after a couple of days.

Overall, I would recommend it to anyone....................
and i'm already planning my next trip!"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of July 2007

Loved It!!!!!

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"We have recently returned from the Vincci Tenerife Golf Design Hotel in Golf Del Sur.The hotel was immaculate, when we arrived at the hotel the receptionist who was both approachable and kind told us that we had been upgraded to a superior room.
The pool area was immaculate, there were large double sun loungers and Single POSH sun loungers.Beach towels are provided By the hotel.The room was enormous it had two bedrooms both with double beds and the main room also had a double sofa bed.The meals where delicious and there was a wide range of foods.The local bars, resturants and shops were within walking distance of the front of the hotel.There was a state of the art gym and Beauty treatments available charges applyed.
This hotel is fabulous and we would recomend it to everyone."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of June 2007

Not Playa de las Américas

Good
Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I really don't understand the negative reviews of this hotel's food. Were there not enough chips and mushy peas? The hotel is in SPAIN and is part of a Spanish chain so it seems reasonable that one should expect to eat a certain amount of Spanish style food. It may not be to everyone's liking but to say that it's awful is really misleading. It's buffet style and I found it varied and of good quality. I'd like to know where you've had better."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of April 2007

I visited for a week and found the hotel...

Reviewed Wed 14th of February 2007

"I visited for a week and found the hotel very pleasant and relaxing and definitely suitable for over 40's.

Younger people may find it useful to use it as a base and then go on to the rowdier places such as Playa De Las Americas and Los Cristianos.

Supermarkets (Netto) and other shops on the Parade and plenty of eateries/bar to the front of the Parade.

Full refurb on the hotel so everything was new; the cleaning staff didn’t speak much English but were very pleasant and helpful; reception and catering staff really nice.

I am considering going again this year."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of February 2007

This was the worst hotel I've ever staye...

Reviewed Sun 21st of January 2007

"This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in! The food was disgusting and the eating area was very dirty. The food appeared to have been left out for days and was cold.

We paid to go all inclusive, selected drinks were free only until 10:00pm, which was the time that the entertainment started. The entertainment was terrible, the first night we were there it was a fashion show trying to sell jumpers!

The room was dirty when we arrived with sand on the floor obviously from the previous people who had been in our room.

On the second night there was a fire on the ground floor. We were staying on the seventh floor and were only aware of the fire when smoke came pouring through the door and somebody knocked the door and shouted fire! There was no fire alarm going off!

The staff were unhelpful when we complained and did not speak very good English. We ended up moving hotels and got no money back from Sunstar Leisure for our dreadful, very expensive holiday.

Needless to say we would never return to the Golf Hotel! "

• Travel date: Sun 21st of January 2007

Hotel staff very friendly. The rooms are...

Reviewed Tue 1st of March 2005

"Hotel staff very friendly. The rooms are clean and well kept, but all have not got full sea veiws, we were looking out at a new complex being built with workmen starting at 7am. Food very repetitive and uninteresting, most of the time cold. Over all the standard of the hotel was nowhere near 4 star it was just about 3 star."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of March 2005

Accommodation very good, one double bed,...

Reviewed Mon 1st of November 2004

"Accommodation very good, one double bed, 2 twin beds and a bed in the lounge. If you have a balcony overlooking the sea, it can be very noisy as the waves break on the rocks and amplify into the room. Reception area not very elaborate but clean and the staff very friendly. Pool area small with limited amount of sunbeds and not enough mattresses to go on the beds. Dining area looks out on to main entrance so people can see you eat as they walk by. The food is extremely poor and the selection is dreadful and often cold. Entertainment very poor with only two nights out of five with acts. I would not have rated this hotel as 4 star and would say it would be hard pushed to reach 2 stars."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2004