Budget Accommodation

Reviewed 25th February 2015

"The complex has seen better days but there is evidence that they are trying to update and upgrade and in fact when we were there they had a working party mending walls and updating the pool area. I cannot comment on the apartments rented by the complex itself as we booked a privately owned apartment and it was really comfortable, a perfect home from home. We had pre-booked a taxi with Speedy Transfers who we have used before and so were quickly at the apartment once we landed. There are several bars / restaurants on the complex and a well stocked supermarket. OK it doesn't look much but the building was clean inside and there was a lift to all floors. Golf Del Sur is a quieter resort but there are plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from and if you are looking for a budget base then Green Park fits the bill and the private apartment that we rented via the Facebook page Tenerife Apartment - Holiday rental & long term let was really good and the price was brill. We will be going back next year"

• Travel date: 25th February 2015

Booked a private apartment

Reviewed 24th November 2010

"Had stayed here before for a cheap holiday in 2oo6. Basic accomodation,good pool. Now hotel has left,some problems apparently. All private apartments now. Booked a studio in September 2010 overlooking the pool for £175 per week for both of us! Clean,almost luxurious balcony,TV.DVD,cooker, microwave and fan. Enjoyed the noisy (cheap drinks) pub, where I booked."

• Travel date: 23rd November 2010

First class holiday apartment

Reviewed 10th August 2010

"we arrived and found that the hotel had closed and we stayed in a private luxurious apartment, with all modern equipment and appliances,tv with BBC1/2,ITV etc,washing machine,micro wave etc,the apartment was scrupulously clean. The three pools (which were cleaned daily) and gardens are well maintained and provide a lovely spacious area for sunbathing and swimming. We found ample restaurants and shops within walking distance,and a Mercadona supermarket only 1.5 miles away (a 3euro taxi ride) for everything you could want at really low prices. There were also bars very close,with entertainment and very convivial. Overall we had a fantastic holiday and certainly will be returning. "

• Travel date: 28th July 2010

Don't waste your money

Reviewed 8th December 2009

"This is the worst place I have ever stayed in the whole place is a death trap, dirty and the residents staff and Spanish are very hostile and rude to strangers. To get to any life Los Christianos cost 24 euros one way. Whole Golf del Sur area is deserted no bars or restaurants open. NOTHING AT ALL FOR KIDS. If I could give a minus score it would be -10 "

• Travel date: 7th December 2009

Holiday Apartment at Green Park Golf del Sur Tenerife

Reviewed 12th August 2009

"We've just returned from a great holiday at Green Park, the hotel is now closed and we stayed in a nice private 2 bedroom apartment, with everything you could need including BBC and ITV and even air conditioning, we were made very welcome by everybody especially in the Sundowners bar, which has changed hands recently. The pools were nice and clean and there was even a lifeguard in attendance."

• Travel date: 26th July 2009

living in green park

Reviewed 11th May 2009

"i had the pleasure of living in green park for a year and you get what you pay for i guess ,if your looking for a safe and cheep but well maintained complex that has frendly staff and English speaking decent pool and kids pool bars and a small village half a mile work ,i recommend grandee odonnells just over the road for green park for a real Irish pub best pint on the island green park offer a bus in to Los cristianos in the morning for a small fee its good just to get a cheep flight and grab some sun,"

• Travel date: 10th May 2009

Holiday from hell

Reviewed 6th April 2009

"Let me just say, i wouldnt reccommend this hotel to my worst enemy. ive been to tenerife several times, we thought we would try somewhere different for a change so went to golf de sur in green park I HATED IT - we were supposed to be there for 2 weeks but no way! after 6 days we upgraded to los cristianos! what a relief! the food was rank, cats were allowed in the restaurant food was ALWAYS cold, we even complained, nothing was done. ants crawled all over the walls and tables, floor AEROPLANES were ridiculously close! facsinating at 1st but do your head in after a while THE SUN WAS NEVER THERE FOR SOME REASON! NEVER AS WARM AS REST OF TENERIFE not many english people there no pool bar mosquitos everywhere decayed and oldd complex my sister cut her arm open in the pool, had to go hospital and have stitches (broken tiles) pool was ice cold miles away from anywhere staff were rude my room was upstairs from my kids room never any entertainment decks were ALWAYS taken 2 NICE THINGS, CADDYSHACK AND PEOPLE IN THERE, AND THE ROOMS! I DETEST THIS PLACE i would never go ever again! "

• Travel date: 4th April 2009

Not bad for the money

Reviewed 24th March 2009

"After reading the previous reviews before travelling I was very nervous about the hotel. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. We had already been informed by the operator who we booked with that the pool was closed and given the chance to move, but we decided to continue with the original plans. The rooms are large & basic but no different from any other 3star Spanish hotel room. They were cleaned every other day and they seemed to do a good job. The hotel restaurant was very small and not very appetising. The Golf Del Sur area was very dull and quiet. It seems to be full of old northern expats who walk around like zombies. There is 1 very small sandy beach in the area which is a 15min hilly walk near the marina & a pebble beach about 25min walk away nearer the airport. You get what you pay for. "

• Travel date: 24th March 2009

friendly hotel and quiet resort

Reviewed 16th February 2009

"We were originally meant to be staying in the sand club apartments, but there was a problem with their water so we go moved to Green Park. The accomodation was basic but very clean! The staff there were all very nice, and we got given free buffet breakfast all week as we got moved. I was disappointed that the pool wasn't open, but I went swimming in the sea at Los Christianos instead! If you wanted to watch Tv it was 3€ a day, and there was no kitchen appliances (you can hire them) apart from a cooker and a fridge/freezer, which didn't really matter and we took our own travel kettle. Green park is also a good base to travel from if you hire a car. Had a very nice holiday!"

• Travel date: 16th February 2009

Dont panic

Reviewed 15th February 2009

"I have just returned from my holiday at the Green Park in Golf del Sur, and after reading the other reviews on this before i left, let me just say was a little bit nervous to say the least. But i was pleasantly suprised when we arrived there as it was a nice hotel, nice pleasant, friendly staff & cleaned regularly. There were some down sides to the hotel but none that had a huge effect on my holiday, like the fact that the big swimming pool was closed off, but there were 2 other pool there and you weren't too far away from the sea if you wanted to swim, also the other thing that came up a lot in the other reviews was that the food was terrible if you stayed half board, which is what we did and there was a great selection of breakfast food which i enjoyed, but yes the meal at dinner did get a bit repeatative but then no food is ever that great on holiday it always tastes better at home, but we did eat there every night!! So if you have booked your holiday there and have read previous reviews dont panic, we had a lovely time there and the island is beautiful too, as there is not too much to do for younger couples in the resort of Golf del Sur there are buses that will take you to livlier parts of the island and plenty of excursions leaving from Golf Del Sur!!!!! We also spoke to another few couples that had read the reviews after they had booked and had been worrying about it and they again said that they were pleasantly suprised and enjoyed their holiday there."

• Travel date: 15th February 2009

No Frills hol, cheap and good Golf

Reviewed 8th February 2009

"Look I've given it a 7, if it is hotel standard then it would be lower but I'm viewing it as how good was the holiday. The place is no-frills and you have to pay extra to rent e.g. a microwave so there are some extras. Of course now with the €, nothing seemed particuarly cheap in Tenerife but the golf was good. It was quiet at the apartments so more suitable for golfers and older people looking for some winter sun, I'm sure it is lively in July though."

• Travel date: 8th February 2009

Green park nightmare

Reviewed 4th February 2009

"The apartments are very basic,not even a kettle,toaster,bath and sink plugs.Tv available only if you pay extra! only news channels available,all the rest foreign programes. all pools were taped off, at least one empty not one to be used!15 sun beds for 120 apartments. Definately do not book a holiday here!!!!!"

• Travel date: 3rd February 2009
  • ...

Hotels near Aparthotel Green Park

Top traveller tips for Aparthotel Green Park

• by bun

"El Teide was amazing (drove ourselves) "

• by spikejan

"Don't go there, go somewhere else"

• by Wilma

"Best bargain in Tenerife!"

• by Colin Glover

"Ideal for golfing,but also very relaxing area for all"

• by tonywainwright

"Big Al's has entertainment and reasonable priced meals"

• by dem

"Los cristianos in a taxi, 20 euros each way."

• by dem

"Dont go to green park!"

• by 97dan

"Very quiet, only a few bars & restaurants in the area. 1 very small sandy beach close to the marina "

• by bun

"Green park is a good hotel is you just want something basic and cheaper, but not if you want luxury"

• by pinkpony08

"Loro Park def reccomended!!!!"

• by DaveDexter

"I love Los Gigantes but we didn't go this time."

• by DaveDexter

"If you want something fancy, save up and pay more,"

• by banannnna

"If you do go, you MUST visit BIG AL's great value and lovely grub."

Aparthotel Green Park is also called

• Golf Park Apartments
  • aparthotel green park hotel