Piscina Apartamentos Aguamarina Golf

What a Hole

Reviewed 11th November 2016

"We have just returned from this awful place,rude staff,then we opened the door to the apartment,dirty,No Kettle,No "T" Pot,No washing up liquid,No Tee Towel how do you dry your cups,we boiled the water in a Sauspin!!! we had to pay £10 deposit for the T.V control. Beds what beds Hard so uncomfortable,settee what a joke awful mess falling apart. Noisy all hours of the night. If this was the last place on earth I would never stay again,looks great on photos, if people think this is great they must have stayed at some awful places. It's the only holiday I was glad to check out."

• Travel date: 13th October 2016

Great except for the selling team

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"We would have given the apartments an 'excellent' score except for two factors. Firstly the beds and convertible beds in lounge. They really must be replaced. I have a bad back and they didn't help! Secondly, the Holiday Points sales team. Having one of their staff knocking on the apartment door, knowing our names and how long we were staying was a gross infringment of our privacy. The hotel should not be allowed to do this. Also the sales team smoked much of the time outside but underneath the balaconies so smoke drifted upwards. Food, staff, cleanliness all superb. Good value and even though we have our moans we willbe going again. Watch out for taxi drivers from airport who don't use the meter."

• Travel date: 23rd January 2009

Outstanding!!

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"Before i start this is a review for the APARTMENTS not the hotel..... I took my hubby as a birthday present we stayed for 5 days all inclusive - we were greeted by extremely friendly staff who spoke excellent English and gave us all the information we needed regarding times of food entertainment etc..... Our apartment was GORGEOUS immaculately cleaned (everyday) the decor was beautiful, very modern and fresh complete with plasma TV, our huge double balcony gave us a beautiful view of the beach and marina we honestly could not have asked for anything more! The pool area is spotless and the views out to the beach whilst sunbathing are breathtaking. The food was delicious, the drinks were plentiful - red, white rose wine, fizzy drinks, beer and jugs and jugs of sangria, nothing was too much trouble for the staff (not that we needed much!) On my hubbys birthday we went to the room after lunch to find they had left a bottle of Cava 2 glasses and a little letter wishing him happy birthday on behalf of the staff - which had nothing to do with me - what a thoughtful touch! We were genuinely gutted to leave but we will definately be going back there it was the best place i have stayed. Only downside is teh entertainment isnt the best but no big deal, and the bar is too far from the pool when you cant be bothered to get dressed to go and get a drink but thats just laziness and not really anything to moan about! All in all i would recommend this place to anyone, young or old - oh and there is a free bus service into Los Cristianos and Playas de las Americas!!!"

• Travel date: 13th November 2008

Lovely and Clean

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"Just got back from Aquamarina Apartments. The appartment was very attractive and lovely and clean. Was cleaned every day, beds made and clean towels daily. Bed Linen changed twice. We only used the resturaunt for Breakfast, it was very good, plenty of choice, but if you were a bit late going in, the food was a bit cold. The staff were very pleasant and very helpful. Outside the reception area was very unatractive and dangerous due to a chain across stopping people parking out front. At dusk it was very hard to see and nearly tripped over it and a few other people did too. We were on a promotional holiday for Points. We did not sign up as it wasn't for us, but was upset by very rude behavior from one of the Managers, his attitude would not have convinced me to buy a postage stamp from him. Few good resturaunts close by, I would thouroughly recommend the Chinese just up the road. I would not recommend the Mariner 11 which is situated underneath the appartments. We had the most disgusting meal there and although we complained no-one would come and discuss it with us, very poor food and service."

• Travel date: 10th November 2008

Full, review, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"We have just stayed at Aguamarina Apartments via Resort Points Service offer of two weeks stay for one, in conjunction with a presentation of RCI points. The apartments are lovely to look at and have had a lot of money spent on them. The sad part is at the last fling, it seems aguamarina exchanged quality for finance and the bed/sofa and kitchen facilities of the apartments were woefully lacking. I am a big man and sitting and sleeping on the bed and sofa was painful, I slept verly little during the week. The pools were over salty and not nice to swim in- for me! others seemed to enjoy them. Sadly during the week a large sun veranda collapsed, which was a little unsettling. The incident was not representative of the rest of the new building works, which in the main are excellent. I did not notice comments made by other reviewers such as broken tiles etc. perhaps these have been repaired. The staff for the adjoining hotel and the apartments worked well and offered and excellent service in room cleaning and reception. Parking is an issue but not overly burdensome. Breakfast was excellent for the price. I cannot comment much on the other meals, as I didn't eat them. The lunch menu appeared lacking, other hotel guests commented on lovely evening meals. The local eateries were varied in price and quality, we had a lovely chinese meal and other folks recommended other local eateries. Resort Points Services (RSP)were in the main very good, communication prior to the trip excellent. The reps pleasant and not pushy. The support staff helpful at all times. I have to say if wasn't for an incredibly rude sales manager, (who attempted to use a form of intimidation that belongs in the illegal 1980's bad double glazing sales past,) I would have bought rci New Generation Points from Resort Points Services. (RSP) since me not purchasing RCI points from them, did not complete their little extra's (bottle of wine-one breakfast paid for etc) I await with interest the outcome of the two weeks for one offer, having taken one week and have another week booked in another venue. I await to see if the company is the real deal or not."

• Travel date: 3rd November 2008

Great Hotel

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"We enjoyed our stay at this very clean and well equipped hotel. The lounges were spacious with plenty of comfortable chairs, and even very nice card tables in one section. The food was very good indeed, if you can't find something here to suit you then you have bad problems. We found the beds comfortable and the room spacious and well equipped. We would have liked tea-making facilities but everything else was catered for (even a toothbrush). The bath robes were soft and comfortable. The pools were extremely clean and we LOVED the buoyancy of the salt water tho the lower pool was difficult to get in and out of for the young and older guest. Plenty of loungers but no mattresses (because of elf & safety). If I had to find fault I would question the incessant and awful music round the top pool, but you can escape this by sitting on the sun terrace. Also the music goes on too late from the entertainment by the apartments, 12.40 one night ! Yawn ! The only other thing was that there were not enough bar staff in the lounge, and those that were there were worked off their feet, but still remained cheerful and smiling. Really nice hotel - TRY IT !"

• Travel date: 28th October 2008

aquamarina apartments golf del sur

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"The pool area is dangerous with many missing tiles and sharp corners . The pool is very salty and difficult to swim in as the density is too high. The staff are helpful but the management do not act on complaints with the urgency deserved. The soare beds for more than two guests are not suitableto sleep adults , and mine broke on the first night , it took four days to get a proper bed to sleep on . There was no brush to sweep up and while the linen service was very good at no time was the apartment swept . No kettles to boil water were available. Only bbc 24 was the only channel avaiable on tv yet you could hire a remote control at reception , yet after at least 10 calls to the desk no one tried to tune the tv to sky or any other chanell. Both doors out to the terrace needed to be repaired as they would not lock . Thebreakfast was good with lot of choice , the dinner in the hotel I would not recomend ."

• Travel date: 1st October 2008

Brillant

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"Hey There Aquamarina was Great! Food , service , staff , apartments and pool was all Great. Near 2 Los americas and los christianos . Now the bad news it is a open apartments and on the bottom floor theres a entrance that lizards can get in 2! So Never leave your door open. I will hoppee 2 go bck soon. whitney"

• Travel date: 9th September 2008

what a pity............

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"what a pity it did not live up to its billing as 3/4 star.We got the room at one in the afternoon,a bit early ,as we entered the maid left.the room was dirthy to say the least,but there is a daily towel and clean done ,three days later the room still had not been properly cleaned and since there is not even a brush we could not even sweep it ourselves.day 4 the cleaner arrived and say she would be back later,after a day be the pool and looking forward to a hot shower we found the room had not been cleaned and no fresh towels,rang reception,no problem----40 minutes later no towels,rang reception --oh sorry--10 minutes later,told the maid is on dinner break(spanish breaks are 1-2 hours)and there was no one to bring towels--no one in a large complex to bring 4 towels to a room--made a written complant with 8 days of our hols left,no reply.this building is 9 months old yet it plaster is falling off.the pool area is like ice and i saw countless kids slipping ,also the tiles are coming loose and are dangerous.the windows in the apartment have no safethy stickers,lucky they are dirthy.the entertainment is rubbish-kids club is for french/spanish speaking kids as ANGEL the under 10s fram rep told us as her english does not get much use.dissapointed but breakfast was good and the view was brillant,this should be a brillant place but it just leaves a bad taste when it comes to customer service..."

• Travel date: 20th August 2008

Good all round!

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Excellent Apartments, spacious, clean with a great pool area...only one downfall.............the very very salty pool water........food was great, a bit hectic at times but ample nevertheless..........would certainly recommend these apartments.........during our week only 2 planes went directly over the hotel........overall very pleasant and worth a visit"

• Travel date: 29th July 2008

Great Hotel -Terrible Food!

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"Stayed at the Hotel Aquamarina in Golf del Sur Teneriffe in October. The public areas and bedrooms are excellent as are reception and maid service staff, that is the end of the good news. We were on full board and the food was terrible, always cold and unhelpfull staff, if you wanted anything hot you had to use a microwave!! I would reccomend if you wish to stay here book only B&B. Pool area quite crowded for October and in January 2008 the adjacent Aparthotel opens with another 150 rooms using the same facilities. Our first visit to Teneriffe and if we return it will not be to this hotel."

• Travel date: 11th March 2008