Good

PLEASE SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE! HOLIDAY FROM HELL!!!!

Reviewed 21st October 2016

"FIRST OF ALL I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY WE ARE NOT SNOBS AND HAVE STAYED IN MANY PLACES IN TENERIFE...BUT NOTHING LIKE HERE, MY REVIEW IS THE WHOLE TRUTH...please do not waste your money booking this place to stay! On the first night of our stay in laguna park 2 room p10 we were awoken by the sound of smashing glass at around 2AM, after getting my bearings and getting to the balcony to check if everything was OK with my sisters room which was next door, I was greeting by a man, who I have since found out was a resident on the complex bleeding heavily on the ground below our balcony and girls screaming and shouting in the room below, after grabbing our clean towels me and my partner who had rung reception to alert them of what was happening went to help the man who was bleeding to death! We managed to stem the bleeding this went on for over 40 minutes, the security turned up around 20 mins after phoning reception then went to ring and ambulance, my partner had asked for an ambulance to come when he phoned reception to report what we had found, my sister had ran to get help from reception and my nephew who is 14 also ran to get help as well, my sister then suffered an asthma attack due to running the distance to reception for help! my 70-year-old mother was on the balcony watching all this happen and my 14 year old nephew also once back from trying to get help, not really what you want them watching on there first night on holiday....when we eventually got to bed we couldn't sleep and were all on edge...when awaking in the morning i entered the balcony and looked down to find all the blood towels etc still there!!!!!!! there were children and families going for breakfast! we alerted the cleaning staff to the blood to which they knew nothing about, in all this time there were 3 girls in the room screaming and shouting both at night and in the morning.... we also found out later that the girls had been in the hotel for a least a week before we arrived and there had been other altercations with them previous to us arriving on the 29th... The hotels response was “ the apartment involved in the fight is a privately owned apartment, nothing to do with the hotel. There are 60 apartments out of the 300 which were sold privately and these apartments have owners who are responsible for their own clients, cleaning and maintenance of their properties” 2 nights of screaming arguing and smashing things followed! One night there was a full on fight at the pool area around midnight! On the 4th we arrived back at the hotel after celebrating my mums 70th birthday away from the hotel, on entering our room, we heard arguing in the room below, then door banging and screaming, which quickly escalated for a full on fight between a man and a woman, it sounded like he was going to kill her! again reception was called an security arrived, then 6 police officers arrived and entered the room... We were not given clean towels until the 2nd of Sept! and then we had to ring for them, the room was cleaned the day after this while we were out but NO clean sheets the whole of the stay in room p10! The food is not to a good standard! serving raw chicken on one occasion! The food was inedible on many occasions, it was cold, no clean cups at breakfast, no small spoons, no tea bags on many occasions, no butter etc etc i could go on and on... The rubbish was left from night time till morning....there were bags of rubbish when we were leaving the room and pool area and they were still there in the morning, the paths were only washed down once on our stay...i never saw the pool area washed down or the sun beds...smell of raw sewage all the time. Food at the pool bar was the most edible in the whole place, but same everyday, hot dogs burgers, pasta and chips...some salad but always waiting for fresh to be brought out unless you ate at 10am! Pool area is good..some staff very friendly and helpful...but that is all I have to say good about this place...please please please spend your hard earned money elsewhere.......we certainly will not be returning to laguna park 2 but will return to tenerife. "

• Travel date: 27th September 2016

APPAULING!!!

Reviewed 22nd September 2016

"Stayed at Laguna Park 2 a couple of years back and as I didn't think it was of excellent quality I figured you get what you pay for and I would give it another chance, everywhere can have a bad turn. After returning a few days ago from a two week stay I have never been so happy to leave a place. Hotel rooms as they may be quite spacious are absolutely filthy ran down and hitching with ants and cockroaches both large and lots of baby's. I would imagine a large part to do with the fact the rooms are never cleaned. Maids come in every few days and empty your bin leaving any other obvious rubbish lying. No actual cleaning done what so ever. Was well aware that there is no air con but non even provided with a fan unless you pay which can also be a chore to get. Rooms are unbearable uncomfortable with the heat and I find it an outrage for anyone being expected to stay in such a climate with no air con which will obviously result in major perspiration to sleep in sheets that have only been changed once in a fortnight. You may also get around 5 minutes of hot water to to shower yourself off before it runs cold and you are left to dry yourself in a towel that is around 3 days old and look as if they are made for toddlers. We paid all inclusive as it may come as a slight benefit at the pool during the day. As for the food in my opinion is ridiculous no variety, cold, bland, left overs from breakfast and lunch. We also never spent any time in the hotel at night as there was no entertainment. Any that was there was aimed for children right till the end. Some staff were friendly enough but not really interested in helping whatsoever. The hills within get the complex are very demanding but that is states. The hotel description so has to be expected. It is all good to say you get what you pay for but standard hygiene should not come at a price. For hygiene standards alone I cannot figure out why this complex is still open. There are many mite issues but I would be here all day. Such a disappointment as Tenerife is a beautiful place to holiday. Fumigation refurbish and TLC needed for what has the potential then for a good holiday complex. If not shut the place down or avoid at all costs. Will never return!!"

• Travel date: 13th September 2016

Don't go

Reviewed 10th August 2016

"First time aboard, very shocked, rooms small with 1 door so very hot at night but due to being warned as we arrived not to leave door open due to people pinching/cockroaches etc. Beds were 2 singles not good as when booking told travel agent it was our 50th birthdays plus our 25th wedding anniversary the day after we arrived had to push beds together and hope one of us didn't fall through gap. Food was shocking, breakfast ok, but as for the rest horrid, kids menu was chicken nuggets and chips or sad fish fingers every day don't cater or don't like English or just don't know how to cook.? Up and down hills all day just to get to reception, bar ,pool ,room killer. No entertainment for kids unless you count the 9pm mini disco when most people sat around looking worst for wear. No internet unless in reception and then only if a few people where there. Traveling with family their room was on other side, and room was over run with cockroaches, when they complained was told you are in Tenerife, TV didn't work but was replaced. Bedding was only changed once, and towels we had to go and ask for, as none left,10am after asking again at 6pm got some at 9pm, only day and half later.. all drinks where in small plastic cups unless in restaurant but if you was paying you could have a larger plastic cup. Most staff were nice and on arrival [10pm/ took 4 hours to get from landing to Laguna/15 minutes away] restaurant and shop closed was given a bag each with cheese sandwich small water juice and salad bowl in it. couldn't get milk to have tea so had to wait until morning for shop to open. My advice is don't go there very poor all round, paid a lot of money for it only to find out it was complete opposite to what was advertised by travel agent. Only thing we enjoyed was having the company of the stray cats every day that live in rocks out side our apartment. Tenerife is lovely, people great ,beaches good. "

• Travel date: 30th July 2016

Laguna Park 2

Reviewed 20th June 2016

"This hotel is NOT RECOMMENDED!!!! Full of cockroaches left our hotel full of insect bites would never ever stay again worst hotel I was ever in full of hills not much help for disabled people or people with leg problems my husband suffered over this and really horrible food everything is always burned and the restaurant is really dirty and fly's always flying on our food couldn't eat it and it's up to u but never am I gonna book here again and staff really rood didn't give us the room we ordered paid extra For a piece of dirt and cleaners stole some of our possessions and €370 was also missing was very disappointed really bad service... "

• Travel date: 20th June 2016

Bog standard but you get what you pay for

Reviewed 20th April 2016

"My family and I have stayed here many times. It's very basic but clean enough. Quite a walk to the pool area but there's always plenty of sun loungers, umbrellas etc. All inclusive meals aren't the best, we found that breakfasts were fine but lunch and evening meals weren't great. The best bet was to eat from the pool bar during the day. All inclusive is worth the money for snacks, drinks and alcohol alone but it ends at 11pm so it's worth getting a few drinks in before that time! All in all the staff are friendly enough, give or take one or two. Nice enough as long as the weathers good and you allow for dinning out on an evening."

• Travel date: 19th April 2016

Please believe the bad reviews

Reviewed 29th July 2014

"On arrival we were checked in swiftly and all seemed well...until we stepped outside and were greeted by a big downhill slope to our room. There are lifts but still steep slopes. We were in a room near the pool, 1-06. It was awful, not as described, no microwave, kettle or toaster and it was discovered that the fridge and small freezer were not working, we stayed 3 days and in that time the ice poles did not freeze, food went off. Place is crawling with ants and not where food was left or prepared but even in the bathroom around sinks etc. Management not interested. Large groups of local travelers, very intimidating, pushed my child over and left him with cut back, throwing water and pushing them out the way (all adults) My sons football towel stolen from lounger and adults making fun of him, went to reception and manager offered to call police, I just wanted out of there as did not feel safe and children very scared and upset. Manager refused to call police when I requested him to do so after refusing to refund our money, we were eventually refunded on to card and moved to fab apartments in another resort. The treatment myself and my family received was shocking! I am not letting the matter go and reports of items going missing are true as once at our new place, several pieces of clothing were missing, all expensive items and clearly had not been left but stolen from room as everything was left in cases as there is also very little storage. Shocking hotel and management is very poor. The pool is the best bit when not been overtaken by gangs of locals who act in an intimidating and threatening way."

• Travel date: 27th July 2014

dont go

Reviewed 7th July 2014

"The staff in hotel are miserable not very helpful. We were robbed while out there and only one other person had key to our room. Don't trust anyone there. I left this hotel feeling violated by their staff touching things that don't belong to them. The food is terrible. The rooms are small, problems with ants on bedding and walls. Nice pool but not worth going there. All the bad reviews for this place are true. Keep a close eye on the cleaners too. They have habit helping their selves. Poor customer service nobody should go there, the attitude of the staff is shocking and dreadful. If you have to go make sure u lock up all valuables!!!!"

• Travel date: 6th July 2014

Good value for money

Reviewed 18th June 2014

"The hotel and restaurant was very clean. The girls in the restaurant were really nice and friendly although the bar staff by the pool weren't as friendly. It was a bit of a trek uphill but if you want views that's what you have to deal with. We walked down to the beaches and restaurants and got taxis back which was fine and these were quite cheap. It's handy having the shop next door. It was good value for money with a good choice food. We got a good deal all inclusive. There wasn't any night entertainment I assume they arrange this during busier times school holidays. It's also pot luck what your neighbors are going to be like, the first few days were fine the last couple of days a few undesirables arrived it could be due to cheap late deals being offered. It's definitely not upmarket, but we still had a great holiday. One last thing The music was too loud by the pool "

• Travel date: 17th June 2014

not any one spot the real problem of Laguna Park2

Reviewed 11th March 2014

"I spent my holiday from the 6th to the 16th at this hotel and i can give proof if needed and I have also video of what i'm writing here, I'm from Italy, be patient with my typing, it could be mistakes, but I'm sure you will get the point, was last minute option 4 me and i knew would be a nightmare, it's not only about stars-hills restaurant etc... this place keep ruin most peoples holidays since 2010 (as i read many post all are telling what i found in person but also i read post that are too fake to be true) the worst for my point of view, LIES! that start on the website to the managers and staff personnel, I did book an holiday with a plan, expecting at least warm swimming pool, my target relax, i don't care about anything else and fussy things but i needed sun and swim, as February it's winter time in Tenerife, sea water and also, most fo the swimming pools around in Tenerife are cold, i choose this hotel for the heated facilities,but swimming pool was very cold, reception manager also denies about this service at laguna p.2 and didn't know was on the website , really???, i realize Spain-Tenerife doesn't check this hotels and what they really provide/sell to customers, on their web site it's written in spanish and English "piscina climatizada"... never exist!!!! this what i've been told from the main manager at the reception never exist,but they keep selling holidays with this bad strategy, it's not about money and what any one else wrote here & pay for their holidays, cheap or not, I had many other bad services from Laguna Park 2 not listed here, same as many other complains i read in this post, i try to get in contact with tourist office in Tenerife, i wrote them my complains in full but no reply since now, i'm waiting to know why this place still open or why tell lies and no one check this out. Who is behind all this? who allow places like Laguna Pakt 2 to give hospitality to tourists? this is kind of place where people can get also disease as it doesn't reach European standard, in other countries this Laguna Park2 will not be able to sell this stories. Please Spain-Tenerife check this hotel, send an inspector and see by your self RIGHT NOW!!! as many customers are writing since long time now WE ARE NOT HAPPY of Laguna Park 2!!!! our complains are real! "

• Travel date: 7th March 2014

laguna park 2

Reviewed 5th March 2014

"We had a great holiday here there was friendly staff, very clean rooms. There was only two problems: 1)the food was very good except it was cold but the last day we were there it had improved. 2)there is a very steep slope from the pool to the bar so if you are disabled like myself it was very difficult to get up and down, apart from that it was a very enjoyable holiday"

• Travel date: 5th March 2014

not to bad

Reviewed 28th March 2013

"i was a bit worried about staying here after reading all the bad reviews but it wasnt as bad as people had made out,the staff were very friendly and helpful, the evening entertainment was good especially for young children,fresh towel and bedding every other day, people had said that their door did not lock but i didnt have a problem with this, on the down side there was alot of steps and big slope on the resort,the room was in need of decorating,i went for a self catering appartment but this was a waste of time as the hob took 1/2 hour to heat up, there was no shelf in the oven,only one pan,no frying pan,i had to pay 10 euors to hire a kettle for the week, 5 euros per day to hire the iron (no ironing board) and 20 euros a week for the tv,i was glad that we hired a car as the walk to the sea front was hard work as the hotel was up a steep hill"

• Travel date: 28th March 2013

Athletic trained to stay here

Reviewed 5th March 2013

"Sour faced reception staff on arrival...very steep stairs and lots of them to get to apartment...room was stale and cupboard doors were sticky.. Cooker filthy...we had to buy plastic cups ...beds were ok as you were so tired and muscle pain with the climb every time you were going out so bed was a relieve ...bathroom was ok ..plenty of hot water and clean towels..table ad chairs on balcony filthy ....never used them...pool was good ..sun beds needed washed though ...never used restaurant taxi down twice a day cheap fares...not a problem ...when arriving back late at night quite scary if your female as its dark and secluded getting to your apartment ...defo won't be going to Laguna park 2 again...but will go back and book a hotel nearer the beach as Adeje is nice ..."

• Travel date: 2nd March 2013
  • ...

Hotels near Laguna Park 2

Top traveller tips for Laguna Park 2

• by KatB

"Eat out and buy your own cleaning products so you can disinfect the rooms. But really wouldn't stay atal."

• by Ruth G

"Go all inclusive for drinks and snacks "

• by Adalaine B

"stay elsewhere, pay that bit extra and don't waste your hard earned cash"

• by John P

"Allow for getting a taxi back as it's a steep hill. Don't rely in the hotel entertainment at certain times of the year."

• by Igor M

"do not choose laguna park2 as are selling LIES!"

• by Dave S

"I would suggest booking somewhere else - don;t bother with Laguna Park 2"

• by sammiedo

"Hire a Car. Eat out at restaurants."

• by shel and kev davies

"take advantage of the all inc drinks before 10.30 pm"

• by Susan S

"Would not go again, neither would all the others I spoke to."

• by joanne1919

"Try and change you hoyel before you go!"

• by gurty

"change layout 15 minute walk from pool area to appartment "

• by fayeandpaul

"aqualand is close by,use taxis or the free bus if the hill is too steep.reserve the cars outside harleys to eat your evening meal"

• by Jade

"mmm hard one to answer"

• by Maddie Britton 93

"go to SIAM PARK!!!!!!!!!!"

• by Angry

"Surrounding area is fine, stay away from laguna park 2"

• by Rachh

"The Cardiac Hill keeps you very fit"

• by Carmel

"Use the free bus and go on the Catamaran to see the Pilot Whales"

• by Jess

"Do not stay in your apartment all the time! Get the free bus to the beach and shops and barter for a bargin!"

• by never again

"love tenerife wouldnt go to laguna park again"

• by Ellie

"Clean, basic and too hilly"

Laguna Park 2 is also called