Laguna Park 2

C/ Pais Vasco 2 Urb Torviscas Alto s/n, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife Spain

Really Good

Good

"After reading all the reports with regards to Laguna Park 2 we were quite apprensive about going to this hotel. We found the hotel very clean our rooms was very spacious and the pool is one of the best pools that we have ever experienced. The food was good but not excellent with a different choice every night. The entertainment was good (but I must confess that the holiday makers entertainment was far better) (not forgetting the wibberley wobblers performing with Elvis). What a cracking show. The hill??? what can we say, difficult at first, but after two weeks you were actually running up the hill. We throughtly enjoyed our holid"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of November 2003

SO-SO

Good

"I went on holiday with my so called mate on 26th August 2003, it would've been the best holiday ever if I had've brought my boyfriend instead. But despite my bad company and having to go everywhere by myself, I dunno what all the fuss is about. I would describe myself as a bit of a perfectionist and well I couldn't put a fault to the hotel regarding the cleanliness. We had about 6 towels, the maids came every other day, they woke us up at like 8 in the morning, not good when ur dying with a hangover. We did have noisy one's above us the entire 2 wks. And yes of course there is gonna be cockroaches, I also got a bad flu when I was there. We were self catering and I was planning on living on beans and toast all week, only to find out our toaster didnt work, then I found a leaflet saying ''Toasters to let'' - 15euro a week. Yeah right. I starved. Iam also petrified of cats, there are cats everywhere, but hey they lived there they had more right being there than we did. But they kept running into our apartment and hiding under the beds, one pee-ed in my mates suitcase, but that was funny. The entertainment reps were great, they worked tirelessly 24/7 I dunno how they did it. Bar staff very charming spanish men, I thought Tenerife was good itself, good shopping, not very cheap tho. There was a wee club down Veronicas called Brannigans I quite liked. I mostly stayed in the hotels entertainement lounge, great. Any advice I'd give 2 any1 going to Laguna Park2 - Take plenty of money, dont use the hotel shop its a rip off, Dont go if u have a bad heart as the high hills and slopes will cause u to have a heart attack, bring comfy clothes for the plane journey, bring cockroach spray, dont feed the cats they just keep coming back for more. Oh and yeah take the right person with ya, Im afraid I didn't and thats what ruined it for me."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of October 2003

fantastic!!!

Good

"fantastic place ,for all ages. we went for a ball,and got it! 8people from 9 to 65,bar open till 3.am,no trouble whatsoever, clean,tidy,heated pool! fantastic elevated view , sit 4 a couple of beers about 4.pm on a bar balcony .........it was heaven.trying 2 get back there 2004 march,cheap. dont b put off by people who dont want 2 join the living!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of October 2003

Don't know what all the fuss is about

Good

"7 of us went to laguna park 11 and got back on saturday morning,after reading the reviews we were a bit worried about what we read and especially worried about the hill. When we arrived we were put apart but were soon put together after we went to th reps. The place was clean,the towels and sheets were changed reguarly, the maids were very pleasant and went out of their way to please. The pool is the best i have ever seen and was kept clean, there was a life guard on duty all day .Now we come to the hill! Yes it was a steep hill to the pool and if you left the apartment complex but not as bad as we thought it was going to be,we went out once sometimes twice a day and the hill was a bit daunting but i managed it and i am quite a bit over weight. Over all a very good holiday!"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of October 2003

very nice

Good

"i found Laguna Park 2 a nice place to stay....my apartment was at the top of the complex, was realy nice and clean. maids came 5 days a week.
the pool was really nice and it was clean around the pool site. there was loads of cats around the complex as there are around tenerife. the complex is more for a younger type of person or people who dont mind hills! i had a loverly time last week in Laguna Park 2!"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of October 2003

The Pits!!

"We knew the minute the airport coach took us up a steep hill away from the main resort that it was a bad start to the holiday. There were four women in our party, three of which are not spring chickens by their own admission, we were handed our key and pointed down a steep slope. Our apartment was right at the bottom of the complex.

Inside the apartment was no better. Absolutely filthy. We think the maids only came twice and we had to ask for clean towels each time they came.

Water tank held enough for one shower so getting ready to go out took ages.

Poolside was filthy with cats everywhere and water in pool was oily and murky.

We love Tenerife but won't be back to Laguna Park again. Just cos we pay a budget price doesn't mean we have to stay in a pigsty. The pits!!"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of October 2003

hell on earth (or tenerife)

"Just returned from Tenerife and only lasted a grand 22 hours in this so called hotel. I was on holiday with my mother and two kids (8 and 3) I have never seen such fat cats everywhere, the reason they were so fat is all the insects which were in plentifull supply in the grounds and in the hotel rooms.....the whole complex is built on a hill which I think was Eddie the Eagles training ground....the swimming pool was dirty, the sofas in the bar area where ripped and the whole place seemed run down.....sorry if you have booked this but if you wish to change accomadation you cant go wrong with the Ora Negro hotel v. clean and v. nice staff......"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2003

Very Nice

Good

"Was concerned about the standard of the accommodation after reading some of the reviews, but fortunately we were well pleased. It was your usual standard holiday type accommodation with lumpy beds but the apartment was clean and welcoming.

We did have 3 cockroach visitors during the week, but apparently they are to be expected and do not indicate a dirty environment.

The salt water pool was really lovely and the staff did an excellent job of cleaning up after those people who just dumped their trash everywhere - they are to be applauded for their stirling work.

The restuarant food was excellent with plenty of choice and the reception staff and maintence were superb.

We had a couple of minor problems with a bulb blowing and the fridge overheating and on reporting these problems, they were resolved within minutes! Wow!

We would go again."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of September 2003

I take my hat of to you

"After reading some of the comments on this site felt slightly apprehensive about going but when we arrived this soon changed.
Apartments clean, fresh towels and linen every 2nd day. Pool and poolside bar kept clean and the entertainment and Reps - EXCELLENT!Although only in my late 20's was quite happy to stay within the complex and enjoy the entertainment - better than being hassled by touts down the Veronicas.No complaints - but must say the hike back from the pool to the apartment - we were at reception took a bit of getting used to, but hey at least I burned of all those extra calories I put on.Airtours - had problems with you in the past but just wanted to take my hat of to you and the Reps!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2003

Opened my eyes

"Aug 17 2003 was our 3rd two week visit to Tenerife and unfortunately the worst. Reception staff were most unhelpful, apartment not very clean, spotted 2 croakroaches in the bathroom, boiling hot water kept running cold. Towels and bed linen were either torn or had holes and were not changed as regularly as stated. There were 3 sharing our apartment, we only had 2 bath towels between us despite requesting more. On the plus side the pool complex was good but the area around the pool could have done with a thorough cleaning each night. I did notice staff tipping powder in the pool each day but this was done when people were in it.Restaurant food good but if you went in around 9.15pm (it was open till 10pm), there wasn't nothing much appetising left and staff were already clearing away. Entertainment very good, bar prices reasonable. All in all, if I had to describe Laguna Park 2 I would say if you like noisy English campsites then this is the place for you, otherwise stay away."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2003

PLEASE SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE! HOLIDAY FROM HELL!!!!

"FIRST OF ALL I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY WE ARE NOT SNOBS AND HAVE STAYED IN MANY PLACES IN TENERIFE...BUT NOTHING LIKE HERE, MY REVIEW IS THE WHOLE TRUTH...please do not waste your money booking this place to stay!

On the first night of our stay in laguna park 2 room p10 we were awoken by the sound of smashing glass at around 2AM, after getting my bearings and getting to the balcony to check if everything was OK with my sisters room which was next door, I was greeting by a man, who I have since found out was a resident on the complex bleeding heavily on the ground below our balcony and girls screaming and shouting in the room below, after grabbing our clean towels me and my partner who had rung reception to alert them of what was happening went to help the man who was bleeding to death! We managed to stem the bleeding this went on for over 40 minutes, the security turned up around 20 mins after phoning reception then went to ring and ambulance, my partner had asked for an ambulance to come when he phoned reception to report what we had found, my sister had ran to get help from reception and my nephew who is 14 also ran to get help as well, my sister then suffered an asthma attack due to running the distance to reception for help! my 70-year-old mother was on the balcony watching all this happen and my 14 year old nephew also once back from trying to get help, not really what you want them watching on there first night on holiday....when we eventually got to bed we couldn't sleep and were all on edge...when awaking in the morning i entered the balcony and looked down to find all the blood towels etc still there!!!!!!! there were children and families going for breakfast! we alerted the cleaning staff to the blood to which they knew nothing about, in all this time there were 3 girls in the room screaming and shouting both at night and in the morning.... we also found out later that the girls had been in the hotel for a least a week before we arrived and there had been other altercations with them previous to us arriving on the 29th...

The hotels response was “ the apartment involved in the fight is a privately owned apartment, nothing to do with the hotel. There are 60 apartments out of the 300 which were sold privately and these apartments have owners who are responsible for their own clients, cleaning and maintenance of their properties”

2 nights of screaming arguing and smashing things followed! One night there was a full on fight at the pool area around midnight!

On the 4th we arrived back at the hotel after celebrating my mums 70th birthday away from the hotel, on entering our room, we heard arguing in the room below, then door banging and screaming, which quickly escalated for a full on fight between a man and a woman, it sounded like he was going to kill her! again reception was called an security arrived, then 6 police officers arrived and entered the room...

We were not given clean towels until the 2nd of Sept! and then we had to ring for them, the room was cleaned the day after this while we were out but NO clean sheets the whole of the stay in room p10!

The food is not to a good standard! serving raw chicken on one occasion! The food was inedible on many occasions, it was cold, no clean cups at breakfast, no small spoons, no tea bags on many occasions, no butter etc etc i could go on and on...

The rubbish was left from night time till morning....there were bags of rubbish when we were leaving the room and pool area and they were still there in the morning, the paths were only washed down once on our stay...i never saw the pool area washed down or the sun beds...smell of raw sewage all the time. Food at the pool bar was the most edible in the whole place, but same everyday, hot dogs burgers, pasta and chips...some salad but always waiting for fresh to be brought out unless you ate at 10am! Pool area is good..some staff very friendly and helpful...but that is all I have to say good about this place...please please please spend your hard earned money elsewhere.......we certainly will not be returning to laguna park 2 but will return to tenerife.

• Travel date: Tue 27th of September 2016

APPAULING!!!

"Stayed at Laguna Park 2 a couple of years back and as I didn't think it was of excellent quality I figured you get what you pay for and I would give it another chance, everywhere can have a bad turn. After returning a few days ago from a two week stay I have never been so happy to leave a place. Hotel rooms as they may be quite spacious are absolutely filthy ran down and hitching with ants and cockroaches both large and lots of baby's. I would imagine a large part to do with the fact the rooms are never cleaned. Maids come in every few days and empty your bin leaving any other obvious rubbish lying. No actual cleaning done what so ever. Was well aware that there is no air con but non even provided with a fan unless you pay which can also be a chore to get. Rooms are unbearable uncomfortable with the heat and I find it an outrage for anyone being expected to stay in such a climate with no air con which will obviously result in major perspiration to sleep in sheets that have only been changed once in a fortnight. You may also get around 5 minutes of hot water to to shower yourself off before it runs cold and you are left to dry yourself in a towel that is around 3 days old and look as if they are made for toddlers. We paid all inclusive as it may come as a slight benefit at the pool during the day. As for the food in my opinion is ridiculous no variety, cold, bland, left overs from breakfast and lunch. We also never spent any time in the hotel at night as there was no entertainment. Any that was there was aimed for children right till the end. Some staff were friendly enough but not really interested in helping whatsoever. The hills within get the complex are very demanding but that is states. The hotel description so has to be expected. It is all good to say you get what you pay for but standard hygiene should not come at a price. For hygiene standards alone I cannot figure out why this complex is still open. There are many mite issues but I would be here all day. Such a disappointment as Tenerife is a beautiful place to holiday. Fumigation refurbish and TLC needed for what has the potential then for a good holiday complex. If not shut the place down or avoid at all costs. Will never return!!"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2016

Hotels near Laguna Park 2

Stayed at Laguna Park 2? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Laguna Park 2

• leoleo73 by leoleo73

"This is supposed to be the posh end, however, from what I have seen, Los Christianos is nicer. "

• kevinhdnt by kevinhdnt

"6-50 all you can eat buffet facing scotch cornor pub. "

• RoysBrotherJohnson by RoysBrotherJohnson

"Go on the all island tour "

• Veronica L by Veronica L

"Plenty of shops and resturants "

• Veronica L by Veronica L

"Chaplins resturant a must, Marios dont go there food is awful. "

• Pauline C by Pauline C

"fave restaurant Francis and Chaplins Island Tour very good "

• bobby C by bobby C

"dont use the taxis they rip you off big time price of drink ott "

• osbourne by osbourne

"nice walks along the coast line...charles diner.... "

• steve bullock by steve bullock

"Using the local buses with a Bono card was good fun and quite like rides at Alton Towers! "

• Verip by Verip

"not much there, you need to walk down to playa de los americanos, best place ever "

• feebee64 by feebee64

"Not bad - but you need to travel a bit to get to the more lively spots "

• feebee64 by feebee64

"All the restaurants we tried were good. We did stick to pizzas, pasta and steaks though "

• Jenni0810 by Jenni0810

"Marios steakhouse and Siam Park "

• joanne1919 by joanne1919

"Try and change you hoyel before you go! "

• joanne1919 by joanne1919

"Chaplins - 3 couse meal for 10 Euro "

• chris.vale by chris.vale

"siam park/loro parque, twin teckets, well worth it "

• rachel1981 by rachel1981

"aqualand was good as the dolphin show was excellent "

• amy1688 by amy1688

"siam park, go the blue melin resturant the pr fabio was lovely and very funny!!!! "

• nikandsuzie by nikandsuzie

"Walk along the coast to playa del duque "

• superadamski by superadamski

"rent a car as this is really cheap and allows you to visit whole island "

Laguna Park 2 is also called