About HOVIMA La Pinta Beachfront Family Hotel

• pool beach towels
  • table tennis
  • spanish amenities
  • kids club
  • paid private parking on site
  • billiards
  • solarium
  • entertainment staff

Disappointed

Reviewed Fri 7th of October 2016

"We had a booking to stay at La Pinta in September 2016, this had been booked for two and a half years. Two days before we were due to fly we had a phone call from La Pinta to say that there was a problem with the electrics and we were being moved to their sister resort Costa Adeje Gardens. This resort is two miles away over the motorway and up a very, very, very steep hill. As La Pinta is on the beach we were really looking forward to staying there, having stayed there before as we knew that there were loads of bars and restaurants around. Having looked at Costa Adeje Gardens on a website (very limited information) we decided not to stay there so emailed the reservations team. Thank God we did. We managed to find other accommodation as we weren't giving up our holiday. The first week we stayed at Fanabe, which is the La Pinta week, the second week we had a car so decided to visit Costa Adeje Gardens. OMG, what a dump. There was no reception at all, just a dark dingy room that looked like no one had been in it for years. We looked at the 'resort' it was awful. How they expect people to stay in that dump is beyond me, they couldn't pay me to stay there. If we had stayed the first week we would have needed a car or taxis as it is impossible for two people in their sixties to walk up that hill. There were no bars or anything round about that we could see and it was deathly quiet. On inquiring further we found out that La Pinta are undergoing a renovation which will finish in 2017. Why not be honest with us? We went to La Pinta and found that it was working as normal, loads of people about, no noise or dust or anything to make us think there was any work going on at all. I can't see why were weren't relocated to another of their hotels. "

• Travel date: Tue 4th of October 2016

Very dissapointed

Reviewed Mon 8th of February 2016

"We were really looking forward to our hard earned stay in tenerife at LA points. It was a promotional stay at a 4 star RCI resort so what could go wrong .Pictures of the resort look good rooms look modern pool and views over the sea and Marina .perfect or so we thought . Got to airport and was supposed to have transfer a less than helpful man got us and a group of other people to stand by cash machinery in doorway . 45 mins past and no sign of transfer it's 20mins to resort so decided to take taxi we informed staff and was greeted with angry wave and he walked off .got to resort room not ready so had a little walk round pool area looked good nice view over sea and nice pool bar . Went back for key and was given key for room 400a . This room has already been mentioned in other reviews. I cannot describe how shocked and disappointing we were in the room our hearts sunk at the thought of having to stay there . Smell of mold old shabby furniture cracked floor tiles air con not working very dated and the view from the balcony of a 24 hour strip club and main road and walkway . I went straight to check in only to be told nothing else available and no-one available to talk to . We left there and then unable to stay in what was probably the worst accommodation I had seen in 35 years of holiday . I must point out we did get a glimpse of other rooms that looked more like the rooms on website . To this date no-one has contacted us or replied to emails regarding our awful experience which is strange as the sales people were phoning every day up to when we traveled . I'm sure the hotel side with a decent room would make a nice place to stay in a very nice area of tenerife ."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of February 2016

idealholiday everythingyouneedonyourdoorstep

Reviewed Tue 3rd of September 2013

"Stayed Atlapinta last year had agreement home time came too soon great food and entertainment in the bars and restaurants around the hotel booking again soon. lovely apartment and warm swimming pool"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of September 2013

Seems to be a lucky dip - we lost!

Reviewed Thu 10th of November 2011

"My wife and I booked for our first weeks holiday alone without the kids for 16 years. We are very familiar with Tenerife and this area in particular and love it there. We were offered a weeks accommodation for £155 promotional price with a free transfer to hotel on the understanding of attending a presentation. Sounds fair enough. I was dubious before arriving as very mixed reviews on websites, from reports it seemed they were refurbishing and you could get unlucky, but the bad ones did seem to date back over a year. The hotels website looked fine and the contract promised "room of a very high standard". Arrived at the hotel quite late in the evening and given keys to room 400A. Could not believe it, must have been the same room as described on a bad report over a year ago and nothing had changed.
The room was in need of a lot of TLC although clean (bathroom a bit mouldy), certainly not anything like a high standard, my wife tried to open patio doors to check the view and did not have the strength, required a good push to review our lovely romantic direct-view of a striptease club. We tried to reject the room straight away but reception could not help and would have to RCI rep in the morning. No choice but to return to room for the night. Tried air conditioning as very warm night, which was very noisy and did not work just circulating same air, my wife could not sleep so tried to watch TV until sleepy but there was no reception (there was a note in the arrival pack that some rooms do not receive TV reception).
Politely complained in the morning, RCI rep was very rude and said you paid a promotional price and your room is where we put you, someone else maybe able to help the next day to move us, although this would be unlikely and would be as a favour to us if they did. Had to get firm and stated don't do use any favours just give us a room that has been promised - we would NOT stay another night in that room. He gave us the keys to room 10 to try. This was in the basement, also in dire need of refurbishment, a/c and tv not working, had a small garden area and no view at all, just high wall.
Refused to let the experience ruining a holiday we were so looking forward to and managed to get a room at our usual accomodation and from then on had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday. Only stayed at Club La Pinta for 12 hours and that was long enough in our experience.
I did go back during the holiday and spoke to a manager Helen who apologised and agreed that the rooms were not up to standard yet. I did ask of any chance of a refund as we did not get what we paid for, she said she would talk to her manager. I went back a couple of times for an answer but was told no one was there (although I did catch a glimpse of her hiding in one of the offices), they took my number, she never called. I have emailled repeatedly, they have not replied. If she had just said there was no refund after all we walked out and that was our decision I would have accepted that, but now for additional bad experience I have reclaimed the money back from the credit card company and given extra points off for bad service and their total ignorance."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of November 2011

OK but not the best

Reviewed Fri 24th of September 2010

"We were told we'd be getting a room with a seaview instead we got a view of a brothel. It was very wet when we got to Tenerife and the rain poured through the light onto our balcony. I wondered why our drying clothes were covered in white flecks & looked up to see a mass of peeling paint so from that point on we dried our clothes inside. We advised about the balcony light needing repairs & another bulb & cover. This was fixed. Cleaning of apartment was well done & efficient.
I figured we were put in our particular room as those with the better views would be given over to non RCI customers. We breakfasted there on day one it wasn't bad.
However, the weather didn't disappoint us the rain stayed for 1 day & the rest was exactly what we chose to go to Tenerife for at that time of the year - end Jan 2010 till end of 1st week of Feb 2010. Accommodation was fair, clean & comfortable enough with a few blips due to badly needed refurbishments going on. The hotel is in a prime position such a pity whatever was going on detracted from this,"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of September 2010

Brilliant family holiday!

Reviewed Fri 7th of May 2010

"Purchased a week here from a promotions company over the phone for 155. After looking at the other reviews on here i was very dubious at first but already booked so thought we'd take a chance because the location looked ideal for us (we have a 12 year old girl who loves the beach)and the price made it cheaper than the packages we'd found in the area even with the flights added. We arrived at the airport on a late flight so were worried our transfer wouldn't be there, but to our relief they were and we arrived at the hotel in 20 mins.
The reception was closed but there was a lady waiting for us with our room keys so we just had to check in the next morning, which was great as our daughter was very tired. Well we were surprised by the room to say the least! It was brand new and huge with a proper kitchen and everything we needed. My husband was overjoyed they had UK tv so he could watch his football! We had intended to eat out most nights but found ourselves cooking our evening meal because the view from the balcony was magnificent overlooking the sea so we could eat outside and watch the sunset. My daughter was in her element! The pool area was lovely we had no problems getting sunbeds, and they had organised games in the pool which the staff encouraged my daughter to join in which was nice. There was a few steps near the pool which led down the the walkway to the beach and bars which was very convenient. There was a marina 5 mins away where we went on a couple of boat trips and a big inflatable climbing frame in the sea (yes i went on it and i'm 35!) I don't think we ever ventured further than 10 mins from the hotel as everything was so close.
The only downside was the sales meeting we had to attend on our second day. The scottish lady Hannah who showed us around was very nice (a good laugh actually!) She was very helpful when we asked about trips and places to visit and we weren't put under any pressure, but my daughter got a bit bored after 2 hours even though they were kind enough put on some cartoons for her. Eventually we made our excuses and left and we were not bothered by any sales people for the rest of our holiday. I think it was a small price to pay for the fantastic accommodation.
All in all i would definitely reccommend La Pinta if you like beach holidays close to the centre and entertainment."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of May 2010

Very good aparthotel

Reviewed Mon 23rd of November 2009

"We are couple with a daughter of one year. We sayed at La Pinta to weeks from New Year 2009. This is a good hotel, and this is our second stay here. We have had the same room both times, with the great sea and sunset view. The breakfast is good, but I am bored with it after two weeks. The playground is great for our daughter. And so is also the near by beach, which we prefere before the pool area. The shoping area is close by, and convienient when you make your own dinner. The staff at the hotel is very nice. We have missed a free parking lot next to the hotel, but have found some near by."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of November 2009

extremely dissapointing

Reviewed Thu 17th of September 2009

"Someone from the in house sales team contacted me as a member of rci entitling me to a week in La pinta for £155.All I needed to do was attend a no obligation presentation from the sales team.They also agreed to pick us up from the airport free of charge but as we were already on the island the previous week they said they would pay for our taxi back to the airport.This didnt happen and when we were checking out there was no one there to complain to.Was looking so forward to staying at La pinta. However we booked in at what seemed to be the rci reception.we were put on the top floor,no lift to top floor had to lug cases up stairs.Never mind we thought the view from the balcony will be amazing.Entering the appartment with high expectations we just stood open mouthed at how small it was.There was no room for anything we had to put suitcases in living room we put sweeping brushes and mops on balcany otherwise they were in the way.we couldnt walk round the bed had to climb over it due to fixed table in wayYou couldnt have a shower or bath without hitting yourselves on the fittins when trying to wash.there were no drawers in the kitchen The utensills tray was left on the side.half the patio door was blocked of with furniture.The wife couldnt open the patio door it was too stiff for herBut we though Once on the patio everything will be forgotten because of the view.again we stood open mouthed our view was of the sales office roof.just to cap things off we felt there was a security risk because I could climb onto the neighbours balcany infact everyone could get on everyone elses balcany.Oh Well couldnt get any worse however the air conditioning didnt work.Rang reception no answer went to reception only to be told they didnt deal with rci clients,Guess what when We looked at there attendance they were only there at certain times so if an emergency occured out of hours reception wouldnt answer your phone and in theory wouldnt help youbecause you were an rci guest.When the sales person came to take us for our presentation we reported all the faults guess what no one ever came to fix them.He said the hotel was fully booked and couldnt move us rooms.He went at great lengthes to assure us that the majority of rooms were 5 star and we just dropped unlucky.So I asked to see one but the best he could do was show me pictures.This guy was then really upset when I didnt want to be part of the sales scam,His boss intervined in the presentation his rude parting shot being why should i put you in a good room when your not interested in our scheme at that me and my wife left.This being one of the worst experiences ive had in teneriefe"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of September 2009

Reviewed Sat 7th of February 2009

"i go every year to stay at la pinta and not once have i been disappointed it gets better every year all the staff are really helpful and friendly. Plus the beach is basically a couple of feet away from the pool area."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of February 2009

Booked for the "La Pinta Beach Club" at...

Reviewed Tue 9th of September 2008

"Booked for the "La Pinta Beach Club" at the hotel via a private operator who promote timeshare and holiday clubs, self, wife and 2 grown-up children.
Apartment given, on ground floor, was massive, but stank and was so wet that there were two large de-humidifiers in the bedrooms and mould up the curtains and in one bathroom. One electric socket was hanging off the wall and another had no cover, so was live to the touch and the air conditioning wasn't working properly.
When we asked to be moved, we were told they were full and would have to wait for the manageress to come in on the Saturday. She never showed and our rep could do nothing. For the first three days we couldn't unpack and we slept in the lounge with the windows open with a beach towel for cover as all the beds and bedding were teribly damp and musty.
By this time, we had 3 dehumidifiers on 24/7, each had an 8 litre tank, which filled twice a day and two extractors in the bedrooms on 24/7, to keep the smell down. We finally got to speak with a member of management of the Beach Club on Monday, who actually said he couldn't understand why we thought it was their responsibility to ensure that the accomodation was acceptable and that, if we didn't like it, we should book out!
3 members of staff that we tried to reason with said that if they agreed to help us, they would lose their jobs.
Later on Monday, we were told we could move to a clean, dry apartment, which we did on Tuesday. Needless to say, we didn't buy into the resort!
We are willing to recount our experiences fully to anyone who is thinking of buying into this club and can be contacted via our e-mail address. "

• Travel date: Tue 9th of September 2008

Ideal Location

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"First of all I must say that I stayed in the Time-share side of the complex therefore was self catering. My boyfriend and I thought that the resort was ideally located due to having numerous bars and restaurants and didn't seem to be far away from anything. Maximum 15 min walk.
However, I can say that although there is a sign saying that the pool is open from 10am and the no reserving of beds was specified in the welcome book, there did seem to be an early morning battle to reserve the beds and umbrellas i.e mainly the Germans/Spanish got there first with the towels.
Around the pool they have designed a special area for small children which did seem to help prevent the little ones getting knocked over.
From an outsider looking in there did seem to be an in house entertainer along with special guests at night and various activities were put on during the day around the pool.
There was a restaurant where evening meal was produced and a dress code was specified ie no shorts.
Our rooms were also very clean especially as they were cleaned every day and comfortable.
I would stay in this hotel/appartment again but would suggest that anyone wishing to stay would go bed and breakfast as there are plenty of restaurants and bars in the area offering a wide menu selection"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of August 2008

Perfect for foreigners & kids!!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We were originally booked in a hotel up the road but 3days before we departed (Xmas Day) we were advised this was fully booked and were offered La Pinta.
We have been to Tenerife numerous times and were aware of the La Pinta and it's location - this by the way cannot be faulted so we accepted.
Due to the lack of UK tour operators selling this hotel we found that the hotel was over-run with foreign guests who enjoyed getting up very early to reserve a sun-bed!!
The hotel as well was very noisy with lots of children running around the corriders - not ideal if you had been partying the night before!
When we go back to Tenerife again this year I think we will avoid this hotel and opt for something else like the Iberostars or Mediteranean Palace as these are similar price but of a much higher standard."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of January 2008

Hotels near HOVIMA La Pinta Beachfront Family Hotel

Top traveller tips for HOVIMA La Pinta Beachfront Family Hotel

• teeder by teeder

"Nice place shame about the room "

• teeder by teeder

"Chinease buffets next to gordon Ramseys "

• Ole by Ole

"We found Loro Parque very nice "

• Shelley G by Shelley G

"Fantastic value and perfect location-we are hoping to book La Pinta for next year! "

• Halfpie by Halfpie

"Check to see if refurbishment complete "

• SDICKS40 by SDICKS40

"Could not comment, stayed for 12 hours and that was enough for us "

• eddi by eddi

"take good walking shoes loads of great walks especially along thebeaches "

• Quattro by Quattro

"Insist on the modrrnised rooms "

HOVIMA La Pinta Beachfront Family Hotel is also called