About Hotel Villa de Adeje Beach

• squash
  • solarium
  • entertainment staff

Good

Villa Adeje Beach Hotel - Don't Book!

Reviewed 10th August 2015

"I made a complaint about Villa Adeje Beach Hotel in Tenerife to Thomas Cook on my return from my holiday, as the hotel ignored my complaint! Food was poor, (we were ill). No air conditioning, (bedrooms like a sauna). Cockroaches everywhere, (even on the restaurant table!). No children's entertainment. Charging all inclusive customers to hire fans and parasols. Not enough sun beds and very few parasols available. (We got severely sun burnt). Charging all inclusive customers for EVERYTHING on the last day. (All inclusive bands cut off). Rude, aggressive and insulting bar staff. (Not just to us). I saw many people complaining to tearful receptionists whilst I was there and there was no manager to be seen. Well! I got a call yesterday from Thomas Cook head office telling me that my complaint WILL NOT be taken seriously! This has left me feeling very insulted indeed. This is unsatisfactory customer service. I have gone to ABTA direct "

• Travel date: 8th August 2015

2nd worst holday of my life and I've had many!

Reviewed 6th August 2015

"My holiday was fairly horrendous at Villa Adeje Bach Hotel in Tenerife. No manager on site at the hotel to complain to - just stressed, almost in tears receptionists. ZERO air conditioning in JULY/AUGUST??!! All inclusive customers have to pay for fans and parasols and sunbed cushions?? Not enough parasols for guests - we got sun burnt which is very dangerous.. Lunch and dinner is atrocious! Bland, mushy food which is over salty - not at all healthy. Left overs are used too, they also deep fat fry left overs and make soup with them. Beer is watered down and Brandy is actually cheap Whiskey . Bar staff are not trained in good customer service or how to make a cocktail. The bar manager is rude and aggressive. All Inclusive bands cut off the day you go regardless of what time you go and you are demanded to pay with aggression. We found 4 live cockroaches. One in our room, one on the restaurant table, one in the pool and one just outside our door. Unacceptable. I paid £1922 for 1 week in this hell hole. I think it is far too much money to pay for what it actually turned out to be like. I would like at least a partial refund please Thomas Cook! And you assured me that this was a fab hotel! This hotel is intent on squeezing every bit of money out of there clients without offering adequate quality and to cut off the entitlement bands and argue that all inclusive customers pay on the last day is disgusting quite frankly. Also Leon Jovi is a great entertainer, but the only one and there is no children's entertainment during the day. The lack of air conditioning is unacceptable as is the bland mushy food made from mainly left overs and disguised with too much salt. Charging all holiday for fans, parasols ect for all inclusive customers is definitely not on. The bar staff are aggressive if challenged politely. When I saw people getting drinks for guests who had their arm bands cut off, the bar staff followed them and literally aggressively shouted at them. As I say - no manager to be seen and poor receptionists taking all the flack. I witnessed many, many complaints from disgruntled customers and disputes with the bar staff. The bar manager was very rude to my husband who actually stuck to the rules, my husband was accused of not being able to read. All in all DISGRACEFUL!"

• Travel date: 3rd August 2015

Elanie

Reviewed 25th November 2014

"My friends and I came back from a really good week at this hotel.Food might be classed as basic but what can you expect for an all inclusive price. We certainly did not have any empty plates!!. Full English breakfast was excellent. Everywhere was very clean and staff were very helpful.Elaine seemed a bit full on at first but she was super friendly and her singing was wonderful_ pity she only had a short time_ she could certainly give X Factor a run for their money!!! All in all a very enjoyable week."

• Travel date: 25th November 2014

Awful experience, never again.

Reviewed 1st May 2013

"Call themselves 3*, i wouldnt even give them a rating!!! Got there around 11.30pm where we asked for a drink as we were all inclusive.. was told we would have to pay or wait until morning for a drink. We booked 2 rooms as there were 3 of us, and they only gave us 1, so 1 person had to sleep on camp bed. (shocking to say the least) rudely woken up early the next morning to diggers right outside our balcony.. Breakfast wasnt too bad, good choice just not very warm.. As for the dinners, id reccomend not even attempting to eat the raw meat they serve. Snacks were burgers, hot dogs or pizza. id stay away from them as well, burgers still raw and pizza reheated in microwave. 2 drinks per person, bit shocking seen as iv paid for all inclusive!! Entertainment? what entertainment!! if you call a slimey pervert who keeps asking you to play water valley ball then id stay away, (spent most of the week there boisting about how he slept with another person staying at the hotel) charming!! bingo at night where you have to pay.. Our room/sheets etc were not cleaned the whole time we were there. we got given 2 towels for the 3 of us? asked for clean ones and more of them and the silly rude woman at the reception just shrugged her shoulders like she didnt understand! Was told by other holiday makers there that they asked to be moved to a higher floor because of the cockroaches. Balcony door didnt lock, so didnt have a choice but to lock our suitcases everytime we left the room and take all our valuble bolongings with us.... Also someones belongings got robbed from their room while we were there. Good luck getting a chair by the pool. Dead cockroaches by the stiars to the toilets by there as well. Pool needed a good clean, smelt vile and has a musky layer on top of it, never mind the mold and rubbish at the bottom of the pool. Only saw the rep once in our week there, helped book trips etc but didnt tell us much info about the buses to get there and what time, had to find out ourselves. Basically, id save your money and go elsewhere. Never been anywhere to VILE in all my life!!!!"

• Travel date: 29th April 2013

You get what you pay for

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"Just returned from one week at this hotel. food not to bad but very repetitive. The room where the shows was needs updating and cleaning as most of the light fittings had more than one bulb not working which made it quite dark. The room we had was outside the main building with steps down to it but the light was not working which made it very dark at night. What you are not told when you book is that there is no air condition in the rooms but you can hire a fan, if they have any spare. Mattresses and parasols for the sun lounges have to be hired daily and all drinks have to be paid for after 11-00pm. The girl on reception was very nice but di not see any other staff. Would i stay here again? I do not think so"

• Travel date: 5th October 2012

same food every day same entertainment every day etc etc ......

Reviewed 31st August 2011

"arrived at 1am,porter very impolite, got lost in hotel finaly reached our one bed room on floor 1. which to some might sound good, until you know reception floor is on 4. so we were down in the basement with the cockroaches,my daughter woke to find one at the end of her bed and i found 1 running around in the bathroom. we got moved on the third day to a studio room at the back of the hotel to floor 5, you need a degree to work out the lifts, .next entertainment, if you want a guy badgering you everyday to play water volleyball then pool then table tennis then bingo what a bore. oh and if you want a sunbed get down at 8.30 to put your towel on 1 because it wont be moved at all , we witnessed 5 sunbeds and towels left till 3pm when the people came back to use them for 1 hour, shocking, food ,,,,,well if you like the same food every meal, every day, the wine we got served for evening meal smelt off and was cloudy so we never drank it fearing a bad stomache, and not forgetting under cooked so called pork chops , yuk, and the bar staff serving the spanish first even though there was a formal queue, need i say more .cost the 3 of us about £350 more to eat out for a week even though we were all inclusive. good job there was a good selection of restaurants just across the road serving very good food ranging from chinese indian italian and aberdeen angus steaks, if it wasnt for them we would of gone hungry as we had a disabled person in our party and couldnt walk far, and not forgetting the guys chris,tofty and hadley at garfields bar in one word brilliant, so helpful and entertaining, never have i seen bar staff dancing on the street to promote the bar, whatever they're earn they should get a pay rise. we love las americas and tenerife,its great and got loads and loads of great bars and restaurants and would go again and again, if just to go to garfields... but not to that hotel......ever again. "

• Travel date: 27th August 2011

staff was not very helpful some really ignorant

Reviewed 18th October 2011

"i was at this hotel for 1 week,the food was basic even as it was 3 star,ive had better else were,hotel was clean part from the cockroaches bed linen changed only once a week,towles twice a week,i was attacked in this hotel and when i wanted to make a formal complaint i was told by girl at reception i could not obtain a complaint form other person was not asked to leave hotel as the result utter disgraceful for the money i paid to stay at this hotel if you would call it that entertainment was awful and to play bingo it cost 5 euro a sheet,no rep was available when needed staff was unhelpful was like talking to brick wall,and all other all inclusive holidays ive been to included chips,ice lollys to what this depressing place did not have available,burgers was under cooked i ate out most of the time i was here and when i ate at hotel i had chips,salad as i would not eat the meat awful same food was served every night and drinks was own brand no sminoff or wkd would go back to tenerife but deff not to this hotel,no need for ignorence when paying for service gym items was not working and few people was haveing *** in pool so no way was i going in 2 pool no live music in bar i did meet few down to earth people at this hotel either than that it would of been an awful time for me here would not advice anybody to take young children here as children need entertainment all times wile on holidays"

• Travel date: 24th August 2011

Very bad hotel

Reviewed 1st August 2011

"Stayed here from 16/07/11 to 23/07/11 i totally agree wirth all bad reviews food was disgusting and cold i ended up esating out costing me over 500 hundred on food and drink for my family. Staff very ignorant on more than 1 occasion my oldest doin 16 is doing advanced Higher spanish when he tried to communicate with several staff members he was met with so much disrespect and ignorance 1 waiter told him he could not speaak spanish only for thbe man on reception to say my son was very good at spanish but was still aiding the waiter trying to say it was a misunderstanding, emntertainment person was very rude in disco from 11pm till 2am which i must state all inclusive ends at 11pm so you have to purchase drinks at disco when we asked for a request for a song he played it got up put his rucksack on and left disco unattended at 1.15am. well to say we never returned to the disco, on another occassion my son was getting served at the bar after he had got 1 drink he asked for another only for the bar lady to say "oh my god" in spanish at which point my son apologises in spanish and also made her aware he understood what she had said and that he did speak spanish this was met with a frosty look. This hotel is absolutely terrible and should not have ant stars nevermind 3,the most ignorant people i have ever come across they really made me question if they actually wanted to be there serving the customers. In all i ate there 5 times over the week and had 10 drinks all we used the place for was sleeping and changing meaning this all inclusive hotel cost me alot of money over above what i thought i had already paid for also the 2 drink policy does exist per person how can you call this all inclusive. I would never recomend anyone using this hotel other than sleepin in."

• Travel date: 26th July 2011

we would go back

Reviewed 9th August 2010

"arrived late on a fri night staff helpful n pleasant got to our room n was pleasantly surprised fridge /hob/ balcony/ for a 3 star hotel booked last minute this hotel seemed ok !breakfast in the morn plenty of choice /lunch / dinner fine lovely what ever u like something for everyone /one or two of the bar staff in the evening according to my husband were not very pleasant so i went to the bar n was given the wrong drinks !!!! entertainment was fun stephano works his *** off reception/bar/ bingo n more hes a star! we would book this hotel again /the only problem we encoutered was that the guests somewhere above us disposed of baby poo in bags over the balcony some of which ended up in a split bag on our balcony / but that was nothing to do with the hote a (second door key would be handy ) we will return -the hotel had everything we needed n more see u soon !!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 6th August 2010

not that good

Reviewed 31st December 2008

"m and my husband spent our annual xmas holiday here must say was only 3 star but one of the worst holidays hotel not to bad entertainment almost nill couple of good singers approx 2 hours entertainment for the whole week food was cold most days best meal we had was the day we left that was because we was first in the restrant at dinner time.staff seemed very friendly and polite dont think i will be staying here again"

• Travel date: 31st December 2008

With regards to my recent holiday I’d ...

Reviewed 16th September 2008

"With regards to my recent holiday I’d just like to say it was the worst one of my life. On arrival we got seen to quite quickly in reception and allocated our room. In the morning we noticed our room was infested with ants and went to reception to complain. We was informed by the receptionist that the cleaners would spray ant killer when they clean the room. Everyday the room especially the bathroom was again infested with ants which we eventually put up with. Other than that the hotel rooms was kept clean. The food was disgusting often served cold and very repetitive with Fish, Pork and Chicken served everyday with the meatballs or spaghetti Bolognese served occasionally alongside them. There was flies fermenting in the vinegar and on the 6h day I found a roasted cockroach in a pork dish, We never ate in the restaurant again but still went down to see if there was any change in the menu which there wasn’t. At the pool bar the hygiene was unacceptable the microwave which was used to warm the pizza was filthy and the staff very unhygienic with my wife witnessing one scratching his bottom and then smelling his fingers whilst she was sat at the bar waiting to be served. On another separate occasion I saw a member of staff pick wet rubbish off the floor not wash his hands and handle food as well as cough into his hand and not washing his hands. The swimming pool was filthy it had mould and dirt with rubbish at the bottom and around certain parts the tiles was loose and raised where my son had cut his foot on it. I complained to the reception but this was not repaired whilst we was there. At night you can see a white sheen floating pass the lights inside the pool which I’m presume is dirt and a scum mark around both pools. My daughter was suffering from an ear infection and another along with myself a throat infection and diarrhoea for 3 days. The Jacuzzi was full of algae and smelt of mould/stagnant water when switched on. The gym had plenty of equipment but some was broken and all the pool tables were also broken with balls missing. The children’s entertainment was practically non existent with the so called activity organiser doing a special magic show featuring herself by organising so called games and staying for 10 minutes then disappearing for the rest of the day. The Playstation 2 which you had to pay a Euro for 15mins of play was football and kept crashing. The night entertainment was in the cellar in a section measuring 6 metres by 14 metres which got hot and stuffy with the same 4 songs played over and over again from 21.30 till 22.00 then the entertainment from 22.00 till 23.00. If you didn’t get a good seat you can’t see anything because of the pillars holding up the floor. This area is a fire hazard as the fire exit is locked and the only way out is up narrow stairs. You can only put up with the crazy frog singing we are the champions so much!!! A majority of the staff I found rude and very ignorant in the balcony area and TV room which was supposed to be open until midnight and once the upstairs bar was closed at 23.00 the lights would go out at 23.15 and was asked to leave, if you didn’t move then the security guard would come in and ask you to move. You couldn’t see much when the lights are out which was a health and safety issue!! Whilst my 12 year old daughter was in the bottom internet room where a glass partition separates the kitchen staff rest room and the internet room she noticed a man stood behind this partition exposing his penis at her. Obviously she was traumatised by this and myself along with other guest who overheard went looking for this male but fortunately for him and us we couldn’t formerly identify him. We reported this matter to the reception and to the Rep. Considering we payed all inclusive you still had to pay for TV, kettle, parasols, lounger mattresses and no packed lunches was available for any daytime excursions we had organised so we had to make our own or pay for our food., saying that we spent 800Euros in food because of the disgusting food at the hotel. "

• Travel date: 16th September 2008

We got put here after the laguna park 2 ...

Reviewed 26th March 2008

"We got put here after the laguna park 2 hotel was fully booked - we stayed in tenerife in february and came back 5 weeks later for another break. we werent overly impressed with being told there was no room for us at our booked hotel, but the adeje beach (where we got sent) had decent rooms - which was a concern after reading the laguna park 2 reviews. this hotel is in a better location than laguna park, caledonia, playa olid as its further down towards the beach. we didnt eat here, or use the pool much - but the pool was decent enough. the staff were more than happy to get us taxis each night, and happy to help with out initial re-housing issues. the noticeable downside to this hotel is that its used mainly by spanish, there are few british holiday makers there - so its a very very quiet place. i was impressed by the cleanliness, and the room was massive - but i think it would have suited me if i was a bit older, there is very little life here. they advertised evening entertainment, but we never stuck around. laguna park 2 might have bad reviews for the rooms, but their facilities (which we were allowed to use owing to the cock up with our booking) are far better. i would have no problem whatsoever going here again."

• Travel date: 26th March 2008

Hotels near Hotel Villa de Adeje Beach

Top traveller tips for Hotel Villa de Adeje Beach

• by chazroxanne

"Just stay away from there!"

• by kathleen1916

"See if your travel agent can book you a fan"

• by love las americas not that hotel

"siam water park is brill and aqualand is just 2 mins walk away"

• by irish lassy

"staff to be more friendly and helpful more entertainment"

• by Toibird

"Eat and drink outwith this hotel"

• by janlovesthesunx

"good for 3 star but go with the flow relax n dont expect too much "

• by sue 8694

"i wouldnt stay there again because of food and entertainment"

Hotel Villa de Adeje Beach is also called