Hotel Jardin Tropical

Calle Gran Bretana, s/n, 38660 Costa Adeje, Adeje, Tenerife Spain

About Hotel Jardin Tropical

With 4 stars to its name, the Jardin Tropical hotel in Tenerife offers first class accommodations and a luxurious experience for all guests, both old and young. Located towards the south of Costa Adeje on the island’s west coast, the resort holds a much sought after location. Overlooking the stunning Las Cuevitas bay, and with easy access to the Nautico sailing club and the traditional Canarian farm at Caldera del Rey, this hotel is perfectly suited to those wanting to enjoy spectacular views, try their hand at exhilarating watersports, and explore the classic Tenerife away from the major beachfront resorts.

The hotel’s location, just an hours drive from Tenerife’s main airport in Santa Cruz, coupled with the unrivaled service and welcoming atmosphere, have landed the resort a number of prestigious awards, including being crowned the Most Excellent Resort in Europe and Mediterranean by Conde Nast. The hotel has also won many awards for its fine cuisine, which has a very definite Mediterranean focus, serving up local, fresh ingredients in comfortable, cozy settings.

Room Information and Room Facilities

This resort has been designed with the land and sea in mind, and the accommodations at the Jardin Tropical Hotel really reflect this. All 390 guest rooms and suites are decorated in fresh blues and whites, giving the impression of the clear blue ocean lapping up against the white sands. Standard rooms, known as Comfort Rooms, comfortably accommodate two guests, who can chill out overlooking the ocean, pool, or surrounding gardens and mountains. All rooms come equipped with minibar, LCD TV, and ensuite bathroom.

The Jardin Tropical Hotel also offers a range of suites that are suited to families, groups, and those looking for a little added luxury. The junior and standard suites provide more spacious living areas, and are especially designed for families travelling with children. The Presidential Suite, the largest and most impressive in the hotel, boasts a large balcony complete with sun loungers for gazing out across the Atlantic to La Gomera, and watching the sun set into the ocean.

Facilities, Entertainment, Activities

The Jardin Tropical Hotels offers its guests the choice of two pools - a fresh saltwater pool, perfect in the summer months, and a heated pool, complete with dedicated childrens’ area, which is ideal in the winter when there’s a slight chill coming from across the Atlantic. The heated pool looks like something from a postcard, surrounded by lush green foliage and creating a wonderful environment in which to take a dip. The pools are coupled with the tropical wellness centre, featuring traditional Turkish baths, a gymnasium, and Jacuzzi spas. For kids, a daytime entertainment club runs during the peak seasons, and child minding services are available all year round.

One of the primary reasons that guests choose the Jardin Tropical Hotel over other nearby resorts is for the dedicated onsite golf department who are skilled in arranging for guests to hit any one of Tenerife’s golf courses. Golf Costa Adeje, Golf del Sur, and Golf Los Palos are just some of the challenging courses in and around the local area.

Food and Drink Options

There are four restaurants onsite at the hotel, each specialising is a different form of Mediterranean cuisine. Las Rocas is the resort’s signature restaurant. Overlooking the ocean, there really is no better location for this seafood restaurant, serving up the catch of the day. Expect specialities such as Galician octopus, oysters, and sea bass sashimi. El Patio Restaurant, as the name suggests, is a down-to-earth al fresco venue where the menu is anything but bland. Taking classic Mediterranean fare and giving it a modern twist, guests can dine on foie gras with gingerbread, sweet and sour sardines, and poppy parfait. Las Mimosas is the classic buffet-style restaurant found in many resorts in Costa Adeje. It offers a diverse range of food in an informal atmosphere, so is a great choice for families with young children. Los Cucuruchos, another outdoor dining establishments, opens for light snacks and nibbles during the day, to keep guests going until dinner.

Absolutely Fantastic

Good

"I came onto the Jardin Tropical review page because I was curious to see what others had to say, and was shocked that there were one or two bad reviews!

Although I haven't stayed recently, my visit to the hotel in 2003 was the second time I have been and I have just this minute booked another holiday there for September this year. So if you're looking for a more recent review, this probably isn't the best one to read. However, if you're booking or have booked up here I can provide an honest and positive account of how I found it to be.

Location:
I thought the location was absolutely perfect. Just 15-20 minutes from the airport, the hotel is tucked down a side road so there's no concerns about noisy road traffic at any time of the day. If you don't want to pay top prices for food every night, just leaving the hotel and turning right will take you onto a road with a five minute walk to a centre where there are loads of really great restaurants to choose from. You'll also find shops here and a bus station.

Rooms:
We stayed in a beautiful room which came with all the right things: gorgeous big beds, desk, TV, safe. And the bathrooms were well equipped with amenities like robes, slippers etc. You had to pay to use some of these though but the charges were small.

Pool:
One of the best bits about the hotel was the pool. The main one in the centre of the hotel was the favourite for most people because the temperature was good and there's a good bar adjacent to it for food and snacks. By following a path out onto the higher area of the hotel, however, there's a much colder pool with water straight from the sea. It's nice up here for couples as the kids tend to stay away, and the views down onto the beach are lovely.

Food:
Although we only stayed bed and breakfast at the hotel, I would visit this place again if only for the food we had. Every morning the buffet-style breakfasts offer everything from fruit, cereal and toast, to pancakes, waffles and fry-ups. Even the drinks are fantastic with every kind of fruit juice imaginable, tea, coffee and for the indulgent, champagne! What's great is you can just help yourself to everything you want, but waiters/waitresses will still serve you things like hot drinks, and the bar area has chefs preparing the hot food there in front of you so you can customise for example, how you like your eggs and what toppings you want on your pancakes. I've read reviews of other restaurants that say they found their breakfast times to be stressful and rushed, we went at different times and had no problems whatsoever, it was a very relaxing experience.

People:
Although this is the only area of Tenerife I have visited, I found the people to be very helpful and friendly. We had no problems with being overcharged for phonecalls or minibar use (as has happened to us on other holidays) and everyone on reception spoke perfect English so they were always available to answer any queries we had. When we had come back home we realised that an item of clothing had been left behind, and without us having to inform them, the hotel contacted us and sent it back to our house, free of charge. now that's service!

Local Sites:
During our stay here we visited the Aqua Park, and some fantastic restaurants which were so close. Verdes, the Italian served amazing food and was literally 4 minutes walk away. And the fantastic El Molino Blanco was a mere 5 minutes in a taxi, which the hotel are happy to book for you.

All in all it has got to be the best hotel I have ever stayed in abroad. I look forward to going again this year and hope many others will do too after reading this."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of April 2006

Lovely hotel.

Good

"Having booked a week in the Jardin Tropical on the reccomendation of a friend i was a little apprehensive having subsequently read some of the negative reviews on Tripadvisor but my fears proved unfounded as my girlfriend and i loved this pretty hotel.

I had noticed the hotel on previous trips to Tenerife as it certainly stands out amid the concrete skyline of Las Americas with its whitewashed walls,turrets and Moorish style architechture so when we decided on another trip to Tenerife we decided we would give it a go,and we werent disappointed.

We booked a sea view double which did exactly as it said on the tin, it had a reasonably sized double bed and a lovely sea view, the bedroom/living area was a good size with plenty of wardrobe space, the balcony was private and reasonably quiet (junior suites and suites come with sun loungers on the balconies), the bathroom was large with an excellent above bath shower and twin basins, bathrobes were a nice touch also.

The breakfast buffet was probably the most comprehensive and best i've encountered outside of Le Palais in Prague, all tastes were catered for amply.

We booked half board but didnt dine in Las Mimosas (the buffet restaurant) at night as it always seemed to be really busy but we did dine in the other half board restaraunt Las Cuevas which was an A la carte option with a 5% supplement for half board guests, the food and service were very good, particularily the Canarian specials, we also dined in the Las Rochas beach club attached to the hotel which offers a 15% discount to guests, the food was excellent (try the sea bass in salt crust and the Iberian ham starter) and the setting is truly spectacular as the outside terrace is actually balanced above the atlantic below ! Stunning.

As other tripadvisor members have already mentioned beware the pool in Las Rochas if you dont like saltwater, its pumped from the atlantic below and is constantly freezing cold, the pool in the hotel is heated and is a nice size with plenty of sun loungers especially on the terrace area.

Overall we were very impressed with the staff and the hotel and will certainly visit again.

Ps..any building work that may have been taking place seems to have been finished as we didnt notice any at all during our stay."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of April 2006

Not Bad!

"As a veteran Tenerife holidaymaker this hotel was probably the best we've stayed in. The hotel did not seem busy during the day and as Brits we felt in the minority (Which was fine with us,)majority being german and dutch. The gardens and pool areas where well kept and the rooms were of a high standard. The chlorinated top pool which was the largest attracted most of the families with children and as a couple the lower pool which had its own attractive sea front restaurant Las Rochas was our favorite. (BEWARE the water in pumped in from a depth of 18m from the atlantic and is freezing all day long, but after a few days we got used to it.)
The resort was very peaceful and away from all the mass tourist hotspots, but is a 4 euro(3min) cab ride to the Las Americas shopping strip and all the action if you want it.
Lastly the staff there were great hosts anticipating our every whim and never letting our glasses run dry!. We recommend a sea view room but don't worry the mountain view rooms at the back are equally as nice. Overall don't expect the Ritz but this is a lovely hotel with plenty of character, beautiful gardens, excellent service and we think value for money too...."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of March 2006

So Relaxing

"The Jardin tropical is situated amongst the sprawling over development in Costa Adeje; with one huge difference; it has huge, beautiful, established gardens and magnificent views out to sea contributing to create a true oasis of calm.

The room rate could not be described as a bargain so our expectations were high. We reserved a junior suite.We were given a pleasant room with the balcony overlooking a side street.Sea view as reserved, but the noise meant the balcony was useless.In fact a side sea view. We asked to be moved and next day we switched to the opposite side of the hotel.The room not as luxurious but high standard and so peaceful! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.So tranquil. The superb weather did help, no doubt. One downside - the Mimosa restaurant.The buffet food was o.k. lots of choice. The restaurant is in need of a facelift.It is also in need of some commonsense management.i.e.Order drinks; the guy brings your order.Minutes later you begin to eat and a second guy arrives interupting your food with a piece of paper for you to sign for the drinks.Get up to collect a desert; return to find your table being cleared. The restaurant seemed unable to handle the volume of guests.The little head waiter appeared to be ineffective and stressed; he was at times brusque to the point of rudeness when requesting guests to wait for a table.None the less this is a beautiful retreat; the overall holiday experience was fabulous.Take a look at the hotel's video on line."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of February 2006

Forget it if you want to go for peace and quiet

"Having read all the wonderful reviews and the beautifully presented website of the hotel, we just couldn't wait to go.

We knew the standard room wouldn't be terribly big, but having paid the agents the premium for a garden view room which looks out to the sea in the distance, we were given a 'mountain view' room - i.e at the back fo the hotel, and across the footpath from the Hibiscus hotel, which seems to provide compere action all day and all night long for their German guests (and I thought 'Hi-de-Hi' kind of resort went out a long time ago - well substitute 'Hi' for 'Heil' anyway). Their PA system is extremely loud! I once went into their lobby to ask when the 'show' would end and the receptionist said 11pm, which was the plain lie, as the 'show' doesn't end til at least midnight, to be followed by karaoke until god-knows-when!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the 'mountain' side of the hotel, but the 'garden' side wasn't much better noise-wise. I don't know whether it was Xmas but the hotel had a 'show' on every night of the week, usually 2 men with a portable keyboard followed (much later than billed) by some kind of dance or physical comedy. In any case the PA system from the Cafe de Paris was also extremely loud.

We went there for some peace and quiet but it was clear that it doesn't exist, certainly not at Xmas and New Year. It's a shame because I chose it because it wasn't a monolith in the horror that is Las Americas, and also because I read the reviews here that they don't do 'shows'. I would advise staying on floors 1 to 3 facing the front because I imagine it's the only place where you cannot hear the noise from either 'shows' as they are at the far front of the hotel below the public areas and behind the public footpath.

As it has pretentions to be a 'luxury' hotel, needless to say everything costs an arm and a leg (except the champagne cocktail which at €7 is a bargain!). Although you already pay dearly for a room they have the audacity to charge extra for using the in-room safe, which is already there!

The food is dull, although first impression of breakfast is good variety, and new-comers will be impressed with the champagne / cava on offer. When the hotel is full though the restaurant can barely cope, but at weekend breakfast runs until noon. Evening buffet again has quite a variety with short-order items, but all drinks are extra.

The set menu restaurant was full every night so I can't comment. The Las Rochas at the beach club looks great, but you could fall asleep looking at the boring menu, and the cooking was perfunctory. They seemed to sell their premium restaurant 'El Patio' very hard, but just couldn't admit that it'd closed down as I never saw it open.

But it's not all bad, the building is a lot of fun with lots of terraces, flowers and plants. It's not hard to find a sunbed and they bring you the mattress. I particularly like the terraces at the beach club as you don't feel like you're lying there with hundreds of people, and best of all you don't see the concrete monoliths along the coast.

So all in all it's not a terrible hotel, it works hard, but it's also a bit of a victim of it's own location. If I had to stay in a hotel in Tenerife again I'd choose to go up the coast towards La Caleta away from the sprawl and the throng."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of January 2006

Go there!!!

"Stayed in the Jardin Tropical in October for the second time and it was wonderful. I am amazed at the recent negative reviews. This place is an oasis of tranquility. Yes some building work is going on but it was a minor annoyance, and after all it is to make things better for us. This place is not a huge, swish modern hotel, its not meant to be! Its a place where civilised people can have a peaceful holiday in civilised surroundings. My wife and I have stayed in some of the best hotels on the planet and this one is among the best. The staff are certainly the best I have encountered. I just wish we had discovered it earlier. Anyone with any doubts please mail me

Jim Rogers"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of November 2005

Loved the Flowers

"This hotel was beautiful. We were just there for our honeymoon for four days. The service was excellent, the view was gorgeous no matter which room you stayed in and there was plenty to do within the hotel itself. The arquitecture of this place makes you feel like you are in heaven. We are definitely going back."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of November 2005

Dissapointed This Time Round

"Revisited the Jardin Tropical for the second time in September, the first been 2003, I have to say this time was a real dissapointment, the building work was annoying to say the least, you dont expect to go on a holiday from the a la carte brochure and have to endure a variety of industrial equipment ripping up the tiles on the balconies while you are trying to relax around th pool, after all that is what I go on my holidays for. One whole side of the hotel was having a major refit, apart from the work on the balconies there were cement mixers, a large crane and other building equipment. The Management try to tell you they did not know the extent of the construction, for a General Manager who does not know that one whole side of his hotel is under extensive refurbishment is surely in the wrong job, I would point out that the remainder of the staff are very efficient,
I have travelled extensively throughout the world staying in 5* hotels and would rate this hotel a 3*. If you expect the best this hotel is not for you,"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of November 2005

Hotel was OK - not at the 4 star level

"We stayed here the first week in October and although the work was being carried out in one wing it did not disrupt our holiday and the noise by the pool wasn't too bad.
Breakfast was excellent the choice was fantastic, we never went to the buffet restaurant for dinner. The only other restaurant available was Las Mimosas and you had to book the night before we thought due to demand - however when we ate here (food and service were excellent) but there were only 3 tables in all night so the booking are purely for the level of staff required and not because it is going to be busy. The tables were all placed outside which was a general walkway in between 2 other areas
Our sink also leaked and eventually after reporting it 3 times and visits by maintenance it never got rectified - we gave up in the end and just left a bin catching the drips !

Pool area is fantastic - recommend the balcony area - no-one ever seems to sit up there."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of October 2005

Major Construction Work Ongoing

"We have just returned from this hotel on the 23rd September, this was our second visit. There is Major Construction Work going on with one whole wing of the hotel been affected. There was Eectric Drills and Electric Saws been operated and then there was a Jack Hammer been operated on one of the balconies overlooking the pool area, it took three days of complaining until the Management ( who are quite arrogant) admitted that a Jack Hammer was been used.
We then moved to the Jardin de Nivaria which was actually a far superior hotel. Needless to say I have taken photographs of the construction work and am in correspondence with Thomson.

Please be aware the extent of the construction is really major with one complete side of the hotel affected."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of October 2005

Holiday 2016

"Lovely hotel and top notch service .Food was fantastic just a shame about the evening entertainment. ..non existence apart from cabaret singing great if your over 60 !!! and want an early night all finished at 10pm not good when you have a 17 year old daughter expecting a bit of a boogie! Such a great shame as I have said hotel was excellent just need to update the entertainment. "

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of June 2016

excellent

"After looking at this hotel a few times when staying on the island we decided to book.
We booked this for a week of peaceful tranquility and we certainly got it.
After a short taxi ride (20 minutes ) costing 25€ we arrived at the hotel, to be greeted by a very smartly dressed gentleman taking our cases and leading us to a personal check in desk, and handed a glass of Cava each.
The reception is 24 hours and was very informative.
Our room allocated was a garden view, room 177 which faced the sea and had sun in the afternoon.
The hotel grounds are immaculate and there are plenty of different areas to sit....I would describe the hotel and grounds as an oasis.
Immediately we felt at ease, the restaurants are all excellent, and the Mater De in mimosas was extremely friendly and polite as were every single staff member.
The food was delicious, we were half board.
There is plenty to choose from, I can't imagine even with a fussy eater you could not find anything to eat, plenty of fish dishes, a vegetarian section, plenty of meat, a carvery a grill and great salad selection with some delightful deserts.
Breakfast again was a delight with a pancake and waffle station, a large choice of pastries and also cooked breakfasts if required.
The evening entertainment was very relaxing with live music in one area and at weekends the downstairs bar would be open for a wider spectrum of entertainment.
Two pools, one was heated to a lovely temperature and the lower pool was filled fresh every day from the sea....
The spa facilities, again excellent, thank you to Alex for a great massage and the team for the use of the spa, a lovely experience and highly recommended in your stay.
The roof top terrace was a fabulous place to sit in the evening so chilled out.
As for tea coffee making facilities that have been previously mentioned by others, all you have to do is ask and they will put it into your room free of charge, again just one of the many services that grade this hotel as 5 star.
Rooms were cleaned well everyday, with fresh towels....a nice bathrobe and slippers are provided for every guest.
Wifi was available free of charge in certain parts of the hotel
To round this review off, we have stayed in many hotels around the island and Europe and this is the best one yet....we will be back and most definitely recommend to people that want a break with no problems from other guests and want peace and tranquilit"

• Travel date: Thu 26th of March 2015

Hotels near Hotel Jardin Tropical

Stayed at Hotel Jardin Tropical? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Jardin Tropical

• fourleafclover by fourleafclover

"Lovely hotel, great location "

• Kay E by Kay E

"Shows and entertainment for the under 50s "

Hotel Jardin Tropical is also called