About H10 Costa Adeje Palace

• sauna
  • hot tub
  • heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • tennis court
  • kids club
  • tv channel one russia

I wouldn't bother again

Reviewed Mon 28th of May 2018

"We have stayed in many and various hotels both at home and abroad. Said hotels have varied from the strange and bizarre 1* (maybe) to 5* seriously good. As such feel we have a bit of experience of expectation of what to expect from a 4* European (albeit non EU) hotel.
The H10 Costa Adeje Palace
The hotel name in itself leads to a little confusion as it situated between the area of El Duque and the village of La Calleta and therefore barely within the confines of the Adeje.
We chose to taxi from the airport on arrival in Tenerife. Meaning we were able to miss any potential rush of new arrivals at reception.
On arrival at the reception, a vast space and in itself imposing, thus, providing an expectation of great things to come, we were greeted by one of three reception staff by a less than cheery YES. What happened to Hola and Welcome?
Having been given instructions on how the Hotel worked, instructions being the correct term as we felt we were to be tested later, we were issued with our key with rough instructions as to the room’s whereabouts on the 6th floor. On approaching the lifts it was immediately obvious one of the only two lifts servicing the 6th floor on this side of the building was in working order. This issue continued consistently throughout our stay. Whilst amusing at first during busy periods it was not unusual to wait in excess of 10 minutes for a lift. It also transpires that 1 of the lifts on the other side of the building was also constantly out of action.
On arrival at the room, there was a definite lack of any wow factor. Having stayed in Tenerife on many occasions in 4* accommodation we expected more than we found. However we decided that after a long days travel and feeling tired we would review in more detail the following morning.
The following morning, we investigated our home for the next 10 days and noted the following.
1. No sea view, which had been paid for and requested, from a severely enclosed balcony (See Pictures). If you stood up at the front of the balcony, then yes there was a sea view. However it is our belief that a sea view should be attainable whilst sat on the balcony enjoying a wee dram and should not involve having to stand up every few minutes or employing a strategically placed shaving mirror.

2. No Kettle, despite it being requested at the agent. This may not be the hotels fault as the agent should have been aware. Would it been a deal breaker for booking the hotel, no, but we would have been prepared. As we are coffee lovers and not keen on machine made coffee, we resulted to renting a kettle from the hotel. 4Euros a day, what a scam, but no choice. Paid in advance and asked for kettle, to be told it has to be delivered by room service. WHY???? The kettle eventually turned up at 11.00pm on day one of the first rented day.
3. When we requested the kettle, I forget to request 2 cups and saucers. We therefore returned to reception to ask if they would be provided. On speaking to a receptionist we were told ‘OBVIOUSLY’ as she turned her back and walked away. Well hang on a minute you’ve just charged us £40 for ten days kettle hire, who’s to say you wouldn’t charge for cups as well.
4. The morning after the kettle and cups had been delivered the cleaner decided to remove the cups from the room. Off to reception again to request more cups. Room service must deliver, no surprise. Six hours and 2 visits to reception later, no cups. We resulted to swiping one from the bar area. After 7 hours the cups turned up. Needless to say we decided to hide said crockery each day to stop there removal.
5. The TV, yes, you’re on holiday, but shouldn’t it work? We had a TV that worked on every station except those that were English language. Reported to reception, not room service this time. You wait for maintenance man. 6 hours later reported as being fixed. NOT. Next morning reported again to reception. Wait for maintenance man again. Next morning reported to cleaner, 4 hours later whole TV replaced, as faulty, tuned and fine, unless a grass hopper walked near the external receiver at which point the signal died leaving us with a perfect still and staccato sound.
6. The room itself was not up to 4* with mould in the shower enclosure, cracked floor tiles in the bathroom, broken flooring in the living area, scuffed and marked flooring and skirting balcony banister in need of work and electrical fitting hanging out of the ceiling (See Pics).

7. The final nail the coffin for this hotel was the pricing of drinks etc. when purchased from the various outlets. £2.40 for a bottle of water and the same again for a small beer in the restaurant is as best exorbitant, when both are available at a much more realistic price a stone’s throw away. Worse than this however the price increases by a Euro in the entertainment venue. Shorts which are readily available in local bars for 4 to 5 Euros are priced at 8 to 12 Euros plus, which is in many cases more than the whole bottle costs retail in Tenerife.
8. As an aside the pools look lovely from a distance. But with the main pools being 1.5m deep at least and not being heated in any other way than by the sun, a half inch coating of goose fat was required before venturing a toe into the water. There were, the whole time we stayed, barely a handful of people intrepid enough to go for it, and they I assume, were of Eskimo stock.
In conclusion, whilst the hotel and its gardens were great and food was as expected. The flippant and arrogant attitude of the staff and the way that the hotel attempts to insist that you open an account enabling to help you part with your money, we would not classify this as a 4* (which we assume it gets an extra star by way of having a Spa as with most foreign hotels) and would struggle to give a 3* rating.
Needless to say we will not be returning and will deter all and sundry from using this hotel until such time as things are dramatically improved."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of May 2018

Not a 4 star hotel

Reviewed Mon 24th of March 2014

"Length of stay 15 days. Both over sixty.
ROOM- Very dated. Changing sheets only twice a week. Shower & bath dangerous access block by glass screen. Room overlooked building site and delivery entrance woke up by the noise early in morning.
FOOD- The quality and presentation of the food was very poor, we had problems choosing a meal. Waiting for fresh food to be cooked you would give up. Cross contamination of meat and fish by using the same cooking utensils.
STAFF- We found the staff not very accommodating when we had problems we needed to use our tour rep.
POOL Area- Pool area was clean but sun loungers and shades were showing there age. Indoor pool you could not use unless you were a privilege guest. Note; Not worth the money, seem to be a anti English speaking. "

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of March 2014

Amazing Holiday

Reviewed Thu 30th of January 2014

"We had a lovely stay at H10 Costa Adeje Palace. Rooms were lovely and clean. Pool area was great, plenty of beds and clean. Breakfast was nice good selection provided. We were able to change our dinner for lunch some days without any bother. Staff were very pleasant and helpful."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of January 2014

My wife and I were happy with the hotel,...

Reviewed Fri 9th of May 2008

"My wife and I were happy with the hotel, the room, the service and the food but we only stayed one night because all their pools were too deep for us. They were between 5 and 6 foot deep throughout with no shallow ends and it would not have been possible to stand up in them. We noticed quite a few other guests did not like this either but we decided to move and Thomas Cook found us a more suitable hotel nearby with pools all of 1.4 metres ( 55 inches ) deep, perfect!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of May 2008

We booked a last minute break. The recep...

Reviewed Wed 20th of February 2008

"We booked a last minute break. The reception staff were polite and helpful on arrival. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The restaurant offered a huge choice on a buffet style of service - some items cooked fresh to order. Our very difficult to please 17 year old son always found some food he liked.
The hotel itself is in an excellent location in that you open the gate through the gardens/swimming area and you are straight on the sea front walk way - where there are some breath taking views of the coast line. I loved the large swimming pool as I could swim lengths as opposed to splash around. The bar was pleasant with a guy playing the piano to various acceptable tunes - there is also an internet service and seemed to be lots of entertainmaint for young families in a separate venue. We hired a car but for those without the hotel has a regular free bus service to the local shops. I really want to revisit this hotel but not in high season - it was two thirds full when we were there and guess the facilities would get very busy at the height of the season .

• Travel date: Wed 20th of February 2008

When my girlfriend and I arrived at the...

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2007

"When my girlfriend and I arrived at the hotel, we were given our room key and we went to our room. We were informed that our room was on the ground floor, although we requested a top floor sea view room and booked months in advance. We were tired so just accepted it. However when we entered the room, it was dark, shabby and the air con was leaking. The view was overlooking the bins and we were right next to the trades mans entrance.

I went back to reception and was told there were no other rooms available in the whole hotel, and they would let me know if one became available.

We were woken up the next morning by bottles being smashed in the skips outside. We just accepted it and went to the pool to enjoy the sunshine. Later on we went back to the room, got ready and went straight out for a meal. On our return, to our horror there were ants infesting the bed and all over the floor. I immediately went to reception and demanded to change rooms, but the reception staff turned his face up at me and handed me a can of ant spray and was told to "spray the bed sheets with this, that will kill them". I was outraged and told him that is not what I expected from a 4 star hotel - I want the bedsheets changed and the insects destroyed. He went into the staff room and bought out a cleaner, and after huffing and puffing, he told me that she would be coming in to change the sheets.

I went back to the room and videoed the ants for evidence. After half an hour, there was a knock on the door and the stern faced cleaner pushed past me and began changing the sheets, sprayed the room and left.

The next morning we were again woken by the noise of rubbish in the skips outside. By this time we had both had enough, and I contacted Expedia to change hotels.

Later on that day, Expedia rang to say that someone from the hotel would be coming to the room to check if there were ants. I explained that the cleaner had destroyed them, but they insisted so I agreed. I left the room for the staff to visit.

An hour later, Expedia phoned me saying that they had spoken to 'Isabel' on reception, and there were no ants in the room and there never had been. Confused by this claim to them never existing, I went to reception to see 'Isabel', who was sat next to the man who tried to give me the ant spray and sent the cleaner in to the room. I asked whether they had said that to Expedia and they both said 'none of us ever saw any ants'. When I produced the video of the ants, clearly showing the room, their response was 'that proves nothing.'

After this, and being on the phone to Expedia, Expedia managed to change my booking to check out the next day.

Safe to say I will NEVER be returning to the Costa Adeje Palace and would highly recommend anyone thinking of visiting to find accomodation ELSEWHERE!"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of November 2007

The only reason I don’t give this hote...

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2007

"The only reason I don’t give this hotel full 10 is the check-in. It was chaotic, slow and they couldn’t find our booking. Eventually we were given a fantastic room on the top floor, with a sea and pool view and newly refurbished to a very high standard. It was very clean and quiet.

The pool area was well maintained and there were always sun beds available.

The location was great, just minutes from the famous Playa Duque beach and a few minutes walk the other way to La Caleta with its famous fish restaurants.

The buffet breakfasts and dinners were excellent with a huge choice of food, even a small diet and gluten free section. The restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful and when we ordered a bottle of champagne from room service that didn’t arrive, we complained and were immediately sent one on the house.

The entertainment was more suitable for older people and younger people and singles may be slightly bored as there are no clubs or bars in close proximity.

• Travel date: Tue 6th of November 2007

Very good value holiday via BA flights....

Reviewed Sun 28th of January 2007

"Very good value holiday via BA flights. Hotel accommodation good quality, clean and spacious.

Clean en-suites with bath, shower-over, basin, loo and bidet. Watch out for the dinky skiddy bath mat though, a non-slip one should be provided.

Variety of food on offer in the buffet restaurant, just a lack of tea pots in the morning! 3 outdoor pools - one under maintenance, but warm enough, probably due to 13 consecutive days of sunshine :o)

Efficient pool towel service, but beware of "flying" parasols on windy days as these can be dangerous - a health and safety issue here I think.

Away from the noisy areas of Tenerife, this hotel is surrounded by other quality hotels; promenade walks either direction to beaches and picturesque spots."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of January 2007

Just got back after a fantastic week at...

Reviewed Sun 31st of December 2006

"Just got back after a fantastic week at this hotel. The whole holiday was excellent.

This hotel has everything you need to have a fantastic stay. The staff are very nice and the food was excellent no Spanish scutters here.

Overall top hotel. "

• Travel date: Sun 31st of December 2006

Loved it and would go back in a minute

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"Just back after enjoying a wonderful week's holiday. No complaints at all. Rooms are not overly spacious but fine for two and even for us with one child. The only complaint we had about the room was the shower - beware - it quickly goes from hot to cold without any warning. We never tired of the food it was delicious. The rum and raisin ice cream is to die for. My daughter who is 10 tried all sorts of things she would never dream of eating at home and enjoyed all of them. The location of the hotel is perfect if you are looking for a relaxing holiday and you can walk along the promenade to the busier areas or take the bus or taxi. We did the whale and dolphin trip which was very special. There is a two hour or a three hour trip - take the two hour as it was a bit choppy the day we went and a lot of people on the boat felt a bit sea sick."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of October 2005

Good relaxing holiday - shame about the tired hotel.

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"You only have to venture into the 5 star Sheraton Hotel next door (and ask to see a room if you can) to realise that this hotel comes no where near a true 4 star rating (4 star plus in the Thomas Cook Select brochure!). We thought its best days were long gone.

The hotel and the management (especially the reception) can be summed up in just one word - TIRED.

We had a lovely holiday - don't get us wrong - but that was largely due to the fabulous weather and several good books.

We needed 2 room changes - 1st (room 417) on arrival because the sheets were stained and windows filthy, the 2nd (room 410) the following day as the noise from the bottle bank below and the 2am collections. Once we switched to the other side of the hotel we were much happier (room 476).

There was minimal noise from the building site immediately in front of the hotel (a mechanical digger with its rock breaking tool attached), however, the rock dump immediately adjacent to the hotel could be savoured whilst relaxing around the pool area!.

Bottled water in the hotel comes at a premium - however, there are a couple of small supermercados within 10 mins walk. There is also a nice beach bar 5 mins away where you can watch the sunset each evening.

Buffet food was slightly above average, but largely unvaried (despite having theme nights). Evening entertainment was the usual mix of Cabaret acts loved mostly by the largely German hotel guests.

One tip is to get to the buffets early - especially at the weekend when the hotel has a large influx of hungry Spanish families - we were surprised to have to queue to get into the restaurant on our last night - as were most of the other hotel residents."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of October 2005

Nice friendly hotel

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Have just returned from a relaxing week at this hotel. All building work has now finished on the new hotel next door.
Staff were friendly and the rooms clean and tidy. Yes the hotel is at the end of Costa Adeje but that is an advantage if you are looking for peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of Las Americas. Also the Hotel is only a short walk away from La Caleta which has some nice restaurants on the front."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of June 2005

Hotels near H10 Costa Adeje Palace

Top traveller tips for H10 Costa Adeje Palace

• Cougar 06 by Cougar 06

"Look at other Hotels in the Area. "

H10 Costa Adeje Palace is also called