About Guayarmina Princess

The exquisitely relaxing style of the four-star Guayarmina Princess Hotel is the perfect place for an unforgettable getaway to one of Tenerife’s most beautiful areas, Playa Fañabé. Located 17km from the airport and just 1km from the city centre, guests of the hotel are ideally located to have a holiday that is both relaxing and exciting. The hotel is also only 150m from the beach; this fact, plus three swimming pools — two for adults, one specifically for children — means you’re never more than a moment away from a place to lounge or swim. But this place isn’t only about relaxing, it’s also a place to get active with some classic, and some new activities. Guests can try their hand at archery, or do battle with a friend on the squash court. There are also table tennis facilities, a dart board, and a pool table, so you and your friends or family can have an epic tournament before reconvening at the beach. If that wasn’t enough fun and relaxation, there are also two restaurants and three bars where you can spend a memorable evening under a setting sun. In all, the Guayarmina Princess Hotel provides a well-rounded holiday in one of the Mediterranean’s most sunning locations.

Room Information and Room Facilities

Guests have a choice of a number of room styles when they stay at the Guayarmina Princess Hotel, ensuring they stay at the room that’s right for their needs. These rooms include Standard, Family Standard, Junior Suite, Suite, and Suite Ocean. The basic room comes with a plethora of features, including a furnished balcony or terrace, satellite TV with international channels, air-conditioning, and well-equipped bathroom. Each room is brightly decorated to match the sunny view outside. Those who opt for a suite can expect to find the same features as above, but much more space in which to relax and enjoy their stay. The Suite Ocean rooms come with a stunning view of the sea, while all suites come with a living room separate from the bedroom.

Facilities, Entertainment, Activities

The range of the activities at the Guayarmina Princess Hotel means guests will always be able to find something to keep them entertained. When not enjoying the resort’s pools, holidaymakers can make good use of the multipurpose sports court, or have a competitive game of billiards, badminton, or air-hockey. Children, meanwhile, will have plenty of fun at the on-site games room, while kids and adults alike will enjoy the novelty Giant Connect Four. Those of a more laid-back disposition will find the exercise activities provided more to their liking. These include an aqua gym — which combines staying healthy and having fun — and aerobics classes, along with a sauna for that all-important recovery once the exercise is over. Guests can also enjoy the entertainment provided by the hotel. There is professional entertainment shows at the Princess Bar five nights a week, and there’s also live music each week (twice a week in winter, once a week in summer).

Food and Drink Options

Whether you’re on an all-inclusive, half-board, or room-only package, you won’t be too far from tasting delicious local food. The Principal Restaurant is where most of the action takes place, offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with a different food-theme one night each week. For a more casual snack, the pool-side El Mirado snack-shack is the place to satiate afternoon cravings and enjoy some wonderful views of the surrounding area. The three on-site bars are Bar Vitaminas, Bar Piano, and Bar Princesa, which vary in tone and offerings. In the evenings, head to Bar Princesa for entertainment and a special atmosphere.

Poor Service

Reviewed 15th November 2016

"This is not a 4* hotel poor service, food usually cold and same every day. Stayed in better 3* hotels. Never had to pay to change pool towels before . Location good but pool very crowded. Won't be booking there again."

• Travel date: 31st October 2016

watch out for extra charges

Reviewed 26th March 2015

"March 2015. have just returned from this hotel. It appears that the 'all inclusive' is not what it sounds like. On arrival at the hotel the check in procedure leaves a lot to be desired - they give you a room card which shows extra charges for use of a safe and the fridge in your room. This was the first time I had to pay for the privilege of a safe and fridge. With the 'all inclusive' wristband on you are then treated as a second class citizen (very rarely does a waiter ask you if you want drinks in the bars around the complex) whereas others who have to pay extra for drinks etc get preferential service. There is no free Wi-Fi, no free replacement towels for sun-loungers. these extra costs were not mentioned when booking the holiday and when referred to the Thomson rep at the hotel, was told that I should have read the finer details of the contract. All in all was disappointed with the whole experience of this holiday. "

• Travel date: 25th March 2015

loved it

Reviewed 28th October 2013

"Third visit due to great food, clean and lovely staff lots of places on the island to see, felt very safe to walk about good transport around"

• Travel date: 27th October 2013

Great Hotel in Prime Location!

Reviewed 11th September 2012

"Have just booked our 2nd visit to this lovely hotel. The position is great as a lift takes you down to the beach promenade where you can walk on a level for miles, taking in the lovely beach and shops, with no hills. The beach sunbeds are expensive 15 eu. for two! The food in the hotel is buffet style and with so much selection. We were there last time for 12 nts and had something different each day, if you use your imagination. ( No burgers!) Breakfast was good with a choice of breads, fruits yogurt and cooked breakfast too. There are plenty of sunbeds around the pool, although a little to close ( and the usual towels are there too!) There is a second sunbed area up a flight of steps, but usually very quiet and no rushing for beds! My only poor comment would be the charge for the fridge in your room and also no tea making facilities! This is poor for a 4star hotel."

• Travel date: 11th September 2012

Den Feb 13th 2012

Reviewed 27th February 2012

"Hi Its my 3rd time here and it was as fab as ever - was going to try somewhere else but went back again as it is a safe bet! However was a little disapointed to learn there is more catering for children as a mini disco etc and although I love children being a young nana myself of 5 grandchildren - i come to escape? this hotel always seemed to be catering for adults which was specil to me.. The room i got this year was the best ever 3rd floor overlooking the pool beautiful. However Icame down with one and a half days of severe diorreah, which was lost of my 7 day holiday. Was definitely from food but the reteraunt was spotless so i can only presume it was from hygeine from other people after witnessing a woman licking cream off her fingers after dipping them into the sweet trolley as she passed! Disgusting - but not the hotels fault! Food was beautiful but people do not hold the towel when cutting bread etc also - so I guess this was the result to my normally cast iron stomache! Weather was not as good as usual and was cloudy most days but hot and instead of my usual beach/pool holiday - it was spent walking my legs off but still very enjoyable returning with a lovely tan but feeling i have missed my hot sun! Will definitely be going back again - trying to organise with freinds for next year hoping the children side of hotel does not take off! Myself - i think it lowers the standard of peace and class watching young family's with little ones running about and dining with children around. Love children but liked Guayarmina for its lack of in the past for a more quality holiday so hope it doesnt change its aumbvience! See Ya next Year!"

• Travel date: 26th February 2012

Fantastic!!!!!

Reviewed 15th August 2011

"Reading some of the 2008 reviews makes me think this is a different hotel! Either that or the hotel has sharpened up their act. I can understand why the hotel is fully booked throughout the year. The staff were exceptionally friendly. Also the Thomson reps were great, Babs is a phenomenon. Six of us stayed there and all thought the food was amazing, we were thoroughly spoilt for choice. The building was impressive, an architect's dream, we felt very relaxed there. The rooms was clean, being cleaned every day with a few thoughtful 'touches' from the cleaners. The entertainment was generally high calibre stuff, I particularly liked the Queen Tribute band. Also a good magic show and circus act. Not being into Madonna made it hard to appreciate the fine tribute act to her. It is hard to criticise after such a great time there, however there are minor things I think the hotel could improve on: the air conditioning in the rooms was really not man (woman?) enough for the job, even if left on 24/7. Also charging for the fridge in the rooms was a bit steep, I think that should be a part of the deal. How about free Wifi, we travellers are starting to expect such things - 9 Euro per day seemed pricey!!"

• Travel date: 7th August 2011

fantastic hotel

Reviewed 29th June 2011

"like others i looked at previous reviews and i thought they were more good than bad,, so take the chance.. well me and my partner went there for 2 weeks half board and we could not fault the place... the food was good the rooms are great and the staff were so friendly. evening entertainnment on most nights was so funny it gave u a good belly laugh. and because the hotel is right in the middle of things the excursions are on your door step. we had no problem with loud music or anything. we would recomend this hotel 100%"

• Travel date: 27th June 2011

yet again a lovely hotel to say at

Reviewed 22nd February 2011

"We stayed at this hotel feb 13th in Oct 2010. we found it to be even busier in Feb than previous 4 month ago. It remained a beautiful clean and lovely hotel to which we will return probably in a couple of years time and try somewhere else for a change only next winter hol. However only one problem. Hotel fab but DO NOT visit their hairdressing salon. They are two spanish girls who being an X hairdresser myself have old fashioned methods and have no idea on colours etc. I wanted my hair toned as it went a brighter blond in the sun. I asked for a red brown ( knowing I needed a red to make it darker without turning green)In broken spanish I was reassured this would be....not to be! She mixed a brown and and charged 30 euros for colour only and turned me out with wet green tinged hair....I told her it was green but she said no ? I cried in my room for and it was only my second day and my hair was like candy floss..I would have sued he in England!It totally spoilt my holiday!!!! Took rest iof the week and after snapping off in places and eventually sun bleaching the colour backout thank goodness it returned to my previous blonde on the day I returned home..Waste of mnoney and ruined what would have been a fab holiday. They should get rid of that salon as I saw people getting old fashioned blow dry's etc and they charge the earth for their cowboy efforts. "

• Travel date: 22nd February 2011

Christmas &new year 2010

Reviewed 11th January 2011

"Just came back from the guayarmina which is our second visit last time 1997 I went with my husband and 3 sons aged 15 13 11 we had a brilliant time and only thing change from before is the decor which they have to keep up with times so I think the people moaning should perhaps stick to what they are used to excellent location beach, shops , resturant.hotel staff very helpful , could not thought only our 30 th hour delay at gatwick but you can not change the weather. Have already book for this Xmas 2011 can not wait. Excellent for teenager with lots of activities all day would highly recommend."

• Travel date: 8th January 2011

Fabulous Hotel

Reviewed 6th October 2010

"After reading some dodgy reviews before our hol i was a bit aprehensive.....no need to be?- i am a really fussy person to hygeine and food especially...it is a stunning hotel and the staff are lovely all hardworking. Hotel is best we stayed at so far and we usually do gold holidays with thomson so this is high quality and everyonewe met said the same and is fully booked til feb so we are booking soon again for next year to get in for oct. It is like a cruise ship inside and lots of areas to sit and view with entertainment shows twice nightly 9.30 and 10.30 slots...out of hotel there is plenty pubs with 1 euro a pint cheap! warning.. If you have mobility problems stick to hotel as costa deje is at different levels although you woukldn't need to go out of hotel as it has lifts and plenty on to stay in the hotel itself..all needs are catrered for - pool area beautiful cant wait for next year! "

• Travel date: 6th October 2010

Average holiday

Reviewed 16th June 2010

"We arrived at the Guayarmina in June 2010, first thoughts were very nice, We paid £300 for a suite, which was beautiful inside, very modern. These are situated at the front of the hotel, overlooking the cul-de-sac, the noise at night however was HORRIFIC, we were kept awake every night by shouting and music blaring. We were travelling with a 4 month old baby, & needed boiled water to make her feeds, they do not allow kettles in the rooms, we had to ask for hot water from the coffee maker each time she needed a feed making up. Overall the hotel was clean and the food was very nice, I would not recommend this hotel if you have small children, they were not very well equipped at all for babies. I would not go back, but was ok for a last minute break."

• Travel date: 16th June 2010

AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed 28th May 2010

"I would like to say after reading all the reviews i totally agree with the positive feedback this was the best hotel iv ever stayed in and am very impressed. Me and my boyfriend will 100% be returning back to this holiday. We had the best holiday of our lives and didnt want to come home. Never had any problems, thought the pool was fantasic and the rooms. Was so close to bars and the beach is well reccommended!! I honestly dont know how people can have such a bad review about this its worth more than a 4 star hotel :) and i think they clean far to much and the food was fantasic...and this is coming from 2, 22 year olds!!"

• Travel date: 27th May 2010
  • ...

Hotels near Guayarmina Princess

Top traveller tips for Guayarmina Princess

• by Paul S

"Don't except a 4* quality."

• by grandma helen

"ask if you want anything, the hotel will try and help"

• by Pat

"Beautiful reception area and well positioned for the beach"

• by Den

"visit the markets and enjoy "

• by JezzerR

"Advise half board, the food is superb. Lunch on sea-front restauirants was good value and quality food"

• by island girl

"do as many excursions as u can, try the different eating places they r good value for money"

• by den

"do not use the hair salon in hotel"

• by den

"Costa Deje not for Poor Mobility Unless Staying at Hotel Guayamina Princess"

• by Lou3107

"Do not waste your money on the Suites"

• by B&B

"Amazing nothing else to discribe this"

• by kittykattz

"Quiet beautiful area with plenty to do "

• by Very Disappointed

"Motown Diner very good.And Moonlight pub"

• by Sealions

"Recommend a trip to Siam Park (water park) Fantastic fun for all ages"

• by durham

"pubs on the sea front"

• by durham

"take plenty of money with you"

• by M Carter

"Nice tidy family resort with plenty of shops and bars"

Guayarmina Princess is also called

• guayarmina princess costa adeje
  • hotel guayarmina princess