pool

Very dirty and run down

Reviewed 31st March 2016

"We had the best apartment !!!??? The blankets were stained and dirty, and were not changed all week!!! We had single sheets on the double bed and had bites from bed bugs all week"

• Travel date: 27th March 2016

disgusting

Reviewed 24th November 2015

"Its a no go complex, We got back 2 weeks ago. Never stayed in such a rundown dirty place before. How people are expected to actually pay money to stay there is unbelievable. Loved Lanzarote but this disgusting apartment spoiled our holiday. To cap it all I was diagnosed with scabies after we got back, its obviously because of the filth. Don't stay there if you want to have a good holiday."

• Travel date: 13th November 2015

Loved it !!

Reviewed 14th November 2013

"I stayed for two weeks beginning of November 2013. My holiday was very cheap indeed and my accommodation was as I expected, cheap very basic and threadbare in areas but clean and very nice. I was provided with clean towels, loo roll etc. and the housekeeper did a nice basic clean every 3 days. Very basic cooking facilities but the kettle is all I was bothered about as I love my cuppas.The water can be yellow when you first turn on the taps and can leave a yellow residue if it's dripping. Don't let it put you off, you're not at the Ritz !!! The shower is ace and private balcony was fantastic for a bit of nude sunbathing. Pubs and cheap supermarket just down the road. Bought wine for less than 2 Euros and sat on balcony getting drunk !! Pool looked ace and there's a bar that's cheap and cheerful, Lovely owners, cheap food and drinks. You can get cheap taxis if you want to venture out into the main strip but like to walk everywhere. No good if you are lazy! The old town harbor is beautiful an the coastal walk to Calero is breathtaking, I went nearly everyday. You will get a nice tan guaranteed. Its a shame that there is negative comments on here about some of the apartments as you get what you pay for and its not as bad as people say. I tripped the electric at one point because the toaster conked out lol! but I dealt with it and just enjoyed my holiday in the sun by the sea. The toilet flusher was a bit wobbly but I found it funny. Think I was in room 205.Beds are very basic, a bit like camp beds but who cares !! get over it! Remember the more expensive apartments are privately owned so are more posher. If you want posh then you have to pay for it. I am an artist and I painted some wonderful scenes on the approach to Calero on the cliffs. Its a nice 40 minutes walk and it breathtaking and beautiful. Mario the receptionist is lovely and helpful and will advice you on most things. Reception only open a couple of hours in morning then in late afternoon.You may have to get your keys from the bar. My advice is make the most of what you have and enjoy this fab island and what it has to offer. If you are a miserable Victor Meldrew type winger then don't book this hotel. Its a nice place and the complex is relaxed, clean and perfect for any one who just wants basic and affordable. I payed less than £400 for two weeks incl flights and transfers~! There is no free WiFi there but plenty of free ones around the many bars and restaurants, some very cheap places to eat and drink. The bar does full break for around 3 Euros and cheap snacks and basic cheap meals if you just want to hang around the pool and chill. I may return. :)"

• Travel date: 14th November 2013

201 Las Terrazas

Reviewed 19th March 2013

"Hubby and l have just spent two weeks at this lovely private apartment.It had everything you needed and was spotlessly clean.The owner Aly was very nice and very helpful.The area around was very central and close to all amenities.All in all an excellent find. Thank you Aly."

• Travel date: 15th March 2013

las terrazas apartments

Reviewed 10th September 2012

"just got back from these apartments and to be honest its the worst accomadation I have ever been to we reported the shower room 3 times but nothing got done every time the room above showerd we got soaking with there dirty shower water due to the cracks in the ceiling no clean bedding or towels, I got bit 34 times by mosquitos in the room and you don't even get a toaster or kettle but you can pay extra to hire them room was very small andso hot and humid so you struggled to breath it was like going to sleep in a sauna for the night the staff are friendly but this doesnt compensate these appalling apartments not reccomended and would not stay again sorry but truthfull the bedding gets changed once a week and under beds never got cleaned once during our 11 night stay"

• Travel date: 9th September 2012

we WILL return

Reviewed 22nd February 2012

"we arrived at the complex on sunday afternoon alan the barman showed us to our room which was very basic but clean and if he had not shown us where tthe lights to the bathroom were we proberbly beeen showering inn the dark for the week.mario the manager is very sweet speaks perfect english and very helpful.the bar was very well run alan is very kind and helpfull and not a bad cook (for a novice)and worked very long hours.beware of the pool very cold but clean as is the rest of the complex and as i said we will return. "

• Travel date: 21st February 2012

Hell hole

Reviewed 19th May 2012

"We stayed in this hell hole for 1 week. On our arrival was shown to a disgustingly filthy room so complained and on our 4th room shown decided it was ok but still a complete dump after all the money we payed The receptionist made up some **** and the other receptionist was lazy and couldn't be bothered To help you our room was never cleaned when we were there and looking around the place I shouldn't think it had ever been cleaned!!! The pool was ok until the day the batman brought his nasty children to work As all they did was take over the pool screaming and throwing ther flip flops and trying to bomb people Completely I'll mannered and he only checked on them once while the rest if us had to put up with them on our holiday Brats!!! The restaurant!!!! Haa haa that makes me laugh!! The filthy place where u can get your drinks or food I didn't risk having had a cupp of tea Watched the bar bloke (owner) smoke his gags behind bar then put it out and in front of me Squeeze the tea bag out then gave me my tea ........errrrrh Which I then threw away!! Didn't risk the food think he may have killed me due to his laziness Of hygiene!!! The whole place needs cleaning properly and need staff that a really not a waste of space! Shan't stay here again rather stay in my rubbish hired car at least You no u won't catch anything!!! One good place to eat that do amazzzing steaks at the pizzeria in the square on the balcony with very great staff, rest of it's a dump! Don't waste your money."

• Travel date: 8th October 2011

goog holiday

Reviewed 20th September 2011

"just got back from 2 weeks here,mario is the nicest man youll meet,very helpfull.apartments are a little dated,but have what you need,they are in a good area,the pool is very nice,all in all a very good time was had and we will return."

• Travel date: 18th September 2011

Crawling!

Reviewed 25th August 2011

"I stayed here with my boyfriend in August 2011. The area is lovely, quite a long walk to the beach but it’s a nice walk through the old town. The communal areas to the apartments are fine, the pool was lovely and the restaurant was great, run by the lovely Peter (from Hull, England) HOWEVER! the actual apartments are horrendous! I booked this holiday at low cost and expected the worst so did not expect a lot from the apartments. Room 113 was a good size for a couple, everything you needed in there, except for aircon (just ask for a fan at reception as you will need it!), however the rooms were soooooooo dirty! when we first arrived the bed sheets were filthy so we slept on top of the covers (as we arrived late at night) shortly after we were absolutely crawling, the beds were full of bed bugs. Despite the manager Mario seeming lovely he would not do anything to assist just give us ant spray. We sprayed the beds and tried to sleep in them again to find it made no difference at all. We asked the cleaner to change the sheets to find that she had put more dirty sheets on! We think it was the actual mattress that was riddled. We ended up covered in bed bug bites as well as mosquito bites had to sleep on our sun loungers for 10 nights :-( we tried to get what sleep we could on the beach and padded the sun loungers as much as we could for comfort. The rest of the apartment was covered in little clear ants but spray works on these. The bathroom was ok, dirty again, but you can live with that. We spoke to a couple more of the guests we became friendly with who had the exact same experience. The lady next door even opted to sleep outside! I would definitely go back to the area (a little closer to the beach next time) but would not stay in these apartments ever again... "

• Travel date: 22nd August 2011

2nd Holiday here

Reviewed 16th June 2011

"I have just returned from my secong stay at " la Terrazzas" and it was excellent, the complex has nothing wrong with it with a good pool, and bar/rest. Best to do what we did BOOK A PRIVATE APARTMENT from on line, we did this twice and the apartment is superb , with everything you need EVEN sky telly and dvd,s. yes the complex,s own rooms are tired but there are a couple of lovely private apartments to be had.just for info we have booked apt 403 again for or return visit in Sept. "

• Travel date: 16th June 2011

Absolute disgrace!

Reviewed 1st June 2011

"Stayed at this apartment on holiday for my 21st birhday. What a hell hole! Apartment overrun by bugs, slept on the sofa as bugs in the bed. Cleaners came once a week, towels looked n smelt awaful so had to buy our own. Only stayed 4 days but was glad to be home. Made the best of it but will NEVER stay there again. Also pool was colder than ever and the ppl there let the cats drink n bathe in it. Its a good job lanzerote makes up for what the apartment lacked."

• Travel date: 31st May 2011

Value for money

Reviewed 12th May 2011

"We have just returned from a weeks holiday in this complex. Having booked the apartment before reading the reviews we were concerned by the many negative reports. Our plane was delayed for over 3 hours, so we arrived at 10.30pm We didn't know where to collect our key from, but we needn't have worried. A member of staff was waiting for us and with a cheerful smile and greeting, he took my case and lead us to our apartment, which was basic but clean. The pool area and gardens are well maintained and look lovely. The staff are very polite and friendly. There is a Restaurant/Bar run by Peter who cooks a lovely English breakfast and is happy to make sandwiches to take out. Mario in Reception is very pleasant and exremely helpful, nothing is too much trouble for him. We were even allowed to stay in our apartment until our return transfer at 4pm. The complex is at the top of the hill, but even though we are in our sixties, we didn't find it a problem. The fantastic view going down was well worth the climb back up. We found the accommodation value for money and intend to stay there again on our return to Lanzaroti."

• Travel date: 8th May 2011
  • ...

Hotels near Apartamentos Las Terrazas Del Puerto

Top traveller tips for Apartamentos Las Terrazas Del Puerto

• by Alex

"lanzarote great these apartments are well below standard"

• by Dalby

"Go for it if you don't mind relaxing and basic."

• by sunshine

"rent private and enjoy the nearby bars and restuarant and go to the harbour"

• by morgan123

"explore the area there is a nice costal walk to puerto callero"

• by cornfiald

"Nice walk nearby along cliff-tops."

• "there is a good chip shop in town called flynes chippy owned by english people."

• by Victoria:-)

"The beaches are lovely and are worth the walk, head left out of the Apartments."

• by boredsmored

"do not stay here. go to lomoblanca"

• by suzanne12345

"The best place to eat near this complex was Tapas Tree. "

• by suzanne12345

"its expensive for everyday items like milk, bread etc"

• by lightship

"We are all different you love or hate it"

• by pebbles88996

"The national park is a defininte must!!"

• by Regularly on hols

"Eat out and only sleep there"

• by nat

"Dont book there!! Surrounding area is fantastic so book with another hotel."

• by georgie

"do not stay in las terazzas but puerto del carmen was great"

• by joxx1974xx

"plenty of mosquito repelent , hire a fan and , and be prepared to wash your own sheets as they only change them once a week even in 32+ degr..."

• by sunshine

"go out and about theres loads on your doorstep"

• by JanFarthingArt

"Use the complex bar and chill out by the pool for some peace and quite."

Apartamentos Las Terrazas Del Puerto is also called