Terrazas

Calle Toscon 12, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote Spain

Winter sun

Good

"Terrazas Appartments Winter sun.
Visited the Terrazas end of January 2009.
Found the complex clean, staff friendly, and we were able to relax and enjoy our stay.
The appartment was very basic, needed to hire toaster,kettle etc.
There was only a small hotplate, no oven, or microwave.
We ate out, only making toast for breakfast in the appartment.
The supermarket was only a couple of minutes walk (Closed on Sundays)
There is an English pub, and other eating places nearby.
The pool was clean,although we did not use it as the weather was not as good as we expected.
We felt that we got value for the money we had spent, and would possibly return to the comlex."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of February 2009

great hotel

"we stayed there on the 2/3/08 for 1 week,the apartment was very clean and in a good location apart from it was up a hill,very close to a supermarket and bars and places to eat,i would definately stay there again.the terrazas has a nice bar and swimming pool"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of March 2008

Basic apartments

"The Terrazas Apartment in Puerto Del Carmen were fairly 'Cheap and cheerful'. The studio we had was small and basic and was kept clean by the staff. We asked for a private high room and i think that they must have kept the one they gave us as the last to be allocated, but it was what we asked for so were pleased.
The apartments themselves are in the older and quieter part of Carmen and are genrally quiet. However be prepard for the 5o'clock returners from the strip as they are always alot noiser than they think.
The studio we had was in desperate need of a face lift. It was painted Blue and had dark wooden doors and furniture all of which should be changed and soon.
Beware of the beds they bite. They have the legs set in about 9 inches from the edge, which means if you roll over to close to the edge they will flip up and you will land on the floor. We ended up puting the mattreses on the floor, at least then there is no where to fall.

During our stay Carmen a Fiesta(No idea why but I'm not complaining), it was great fun to see the spainish families out enjoying themselves.

As a naturist i found Playa Honda beach and it is well used by naturists. It is adjacent to the Airport but it does give something interesting to watch. The beachside resturant is very good and a good price too. I recommend the Octopus."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of August 2007

These are very low standard apartments!

"We have just come back from a weeks holiday in Lanzarote.
I booked the Tarrazas apartments over the telephone with My Travel. I was told that it was in the old town at the top of a hill and that the apartments were 3 star had television and internet. Two pools and a games room.
On arrival we booked into our rooms and was told not to leave our windows open at night because it would be easy for someone to get in though the balcony. We walked passed the pool which looked clean if not small.
We walked through the games room on our way to the apartment. It was small with a pool table in the middle a couple of chairs and some books. It looked dingey and very old fashioned. When we entered the apartment the first thing we noticed was an old musky smell and it was stiffling hot. As we looked around the room it was apparent that we had been mis lead by the tour operator as to the standard of our accomadation.
I turned to my husband and said I can't stay here and he agreed saying it was a hovall!. The room had two small hard chairs, badly stained and an old square table with two chairs. there was all I can discribe as a (partly enclosed by wooden lattice work) cuboard that had two small beds in with about a foot between them. It was very enclosed and when my husband sat on the edge of the bed the back tipped up as they were hollow bases. The kitchen area was in a narrow walkway from the front door to the living area next to the bed room. It only had a two ring cooker which looked as if it had had its day. A tea pot that you would never use and a couple of pots that still had the burnt remains of a previous holiday maker. The fridge was cool but had an unpleasant smell. There was no ventelation, no television and then when entering the bathroom it was like entering the twilight zone. The sink, shower and toilet were a disgrace harbouring god knows how many germs. You had a about a foot gap between the shower and the wall to get pass to the tiolet. The shower curtain was dirty and the rail was held up with a piece of wire. The towels were stained and had holes in them. I have photographs of all this. We had arrived at 7.30pm so had to spend the night in the room. I sat up on the balconey all night as I could not sleep in the (CUBOARD) as it was smelly and so enclosed. We spoke to the Rep the next morning and at a cost of 200 euro's we moved to the Club Guinate apartments which were. Bright clean roomy and modern. Two other couples who arrived at the same time as us complained and one moved with us at a cost of 400 euros because they were there for a fortnight. The other couple could not afford to move and stayed.
We believe that the terrazas apartments should be advitised as a studio and that the rooms should be refurnished and cleaned and redecorated. This was our opinion of the apartment , we normally stay in Three or Four star but we would rate this as a poor one star. It spoiled my first two days in Lazarote. In future We will book our accomadation ourselves and we will check the standard of it very carefully."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

nice situation

"nice quiet location with a few bars and restaurants close by,a good 15 minutes walk to the beach and main resort.The apartment we had was clean and tidy with regular maid service and a good size balcony but with limited cooking facilities so expect to eat out.The apartments are on top of a steep hill but it was'nt a problem. we would go back again."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of June 2007

Music from the pool area

"Pretty basic accommodation. I had to see 3 different apartments before I was happy. The first was right beside the pool bar on the ground floor. As I was a woman on my own I was not happy. The next apartment shared a stairway with the adjoining apartment. The neighbours could come up the stairway and on to my balcony - not much privacy. The third apartment had a private balcony and I was happy with that. What I did not like was the music emanating from the poolside bar every day from 10 am till 6.30 pm. Not everyone wants to listen to music all day when they are on holiday!"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of February 2007

Never again!

"On arrival at Las Terrazas we were quite happy with the appearance. However once inside the accommodation we were not quite so happy. Although the place appeared to be clean, we were met by a smell of dampness in the sleeping area, smelly wardrobes, a broken bed, ragged towels and a severe lack of adequate ventilation. We put the smells down to the room possibly being empty for a while prior to our arrival. On informing reception about the broken bed, a bit of wood under the mattress was classed as a repair.

The room was not cleaned at all over the weekend, the floor was soaked when showering due to an inadequate shower curtain and we went four days without a change of towels, which were soaked because of the bathroom floor.

On our fourth day the smell was getting steadily worse around the sleeping area and the wardrobes still smelt. After reporting this to reception, the cleaners seemed to get rid of the smell, although they did not touch the wardrobes. Later in the evening we returned and the smell in the sleeping area was so bad we ended up sleeping on the floor!

The following morning we requested a move from the place through our rep. We agreed to give the cleaners another attempt to get rid of the smell, but all they done was use bleach in the smelly areas, which got rid of the stench for a couple of hours. As this was unacceptable we once again requested a move. Later in the day we were told we could move to another complex the following day for the remaining 8 nights at an extra cost , half of which was met by the tour operator. As our holiday had been pretty much ruined until this stage, we agreed. We were moved to Bitacora Appartments, which while only 1 star higher was luxury in comparison.

When we spoke to others in the complex, they seemed surprised by our problems, so it is possible we were unlucky to be given that particular appartment.

On the plus side Las Terrazas has a nice pool area, the staff seem friendly enough and the walk to the harbour area really isn't all that bad (about 15 mins). Some of the restaurants at the harbour are superb.

For nightlife it's better to hit the "New Town", although a 25-30min walk may be to much for some. Taxis are dirt cheap (about 3 euros) so this shouldn't be a problem.

I would never stay at these appartments again, and would not advise anyone I know to do so either. The rooms really are in dire need of a re-vamp. During the night the lighting is poor and they are far to warm - due to the lack of available ventilation."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of October 2006

Good Times!

"Having recently stayed at the Las Terrazas apartments, in old town Puerto Del Carmen, for the fourth time in the last 16 months I felt compelled to write a review. The Apartments themselves are basic, as mentioned in other reviews, however they provided everything I could have asked for. I was visiting the island with a friend to catch up with friends and enjoy the nightlife in the resort. We are both 23 and were really just looking for a base to sleep in after 1 or 2 (or 3) beers! These apartments are perfect as they are in the quieter end of the resort so during the day you could lie by the very nice pool and sleep off the excesses from the night before! As ive said these apartments are basic and if you were expecting the Hilton then you will be dissapoionted.. However,,, these apartments have something that really make them great - the staff. The guy who runs the aparments is called Mario and nothing is to much trouble for him.He really helps to make you feel at home and relaxed. Next up is Claudio who runs the bar at night. He is great and again would do anything for anyone. This might be due to the fact that we spent a small fortune in his (very reasonably priced) bar!! These two guys really do make the Las Terrazas a fantastic place to stay. There is also a Geordie couple who run the pool bar during the day who we have since become good friends with. They will sort you out with any food or drinks you want during the day and are, again, very friendly. They are Geordies though so thats to be expected!!
As I already said, the complex is in the quieter 'old town' end of the resort up quite a steep hill, however this isnt too bad and there are plenty of bars, restaurants and shops on the way down to the beach and the new town. It is about a 20 minute walk to the new town where the bulk of the nightlife is located and a 10 minute walk to the harbour area of the old town where there are some great places to eat and have a drink. Alternatively you can get a taxi for about 3EURO which you can order form the complex reception.
All in all, Las Terrazas is a great little complex with clean, comfortable facilities and fantastic staff. Cant fault the place."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of July 2006

Best holiday yet!

"Just returned from 2 weeks staying at the Las Terrazas at the edge of the Old Town of Puerto del Carmen, and as the title says it was the best holiday I have had yet! So good we have booked to go back in September for a week!

The apartments are very well kept - although maid service is Monday - Friday. The pool doesn't officially open until 10am but the guy who cleans it every morning usually unlocks the sunbeds at 9:30am. The barstaff are wonderful (2 of them are Geordies so yes, I am biased!), and the bar owner Claudio is one of the friendliest guys you could meet! Every Wednesday he has a barbeque in the Bar/Restaurant which only costs EUR10 pp and includes a Parrot Show before pretty much all you can eat pork chops, sausages, canarian potatoes, chicken - you name it!!

Mario behind reception is another friendly face, and he speaks excellent English. Reception only opens 0930-1230 (I think it's 1230), then 1730-2100 (again, not certain on 2100), and is closed all day on a Sunday.

Despite being at the edge (and the top!), of the Old Town, it takes very little time to get into the Old Town - and the New Town is only 5 minutes further. We went for a lads holiday (well, all 2 of us!), and we had an amazing time - you had the peace and quiet by the pool during the day, and if you really can't be bothered walking into town then you can get a taxi (which Reception or the bar will call for you), which costs a mere EUR3 to take you into town.

Best places to drink have to be Lineker's Bar, and Centro Atlantico (particularly The Big Apple, and Tequilla Bar), and then if you are looking for a club, Cesars is open until 5am.

We found some great restaurants on the harbour in the Old Town which were very reasonably priced, or for a change there's always Puerto Calero which is 45 minutes walk south of the resort or about a 10 minute drive. We ate down there one night for less than EUR10 each and that was for 2 courses and a beer!

All in all, I would recommend Puerto del Carmen to any age group - it has everything for everyone...and more! :-)"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of June 2005

Very dirty and run down

"We had the best apartment !!!??? The blankets were stained and dirty, and were not changed all week!!! We had single sheets on the double bed and had bites from bed bugs all week"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of March 2016

disgusting

"Its a no go complex, We got back 2 weeks ago. Never stayed in such a rundown dirty place before. How people are expected to actually pay money to stay there is unbelievable. Loved Lanzarote but this disgusting apartment spoiled our holiday. To cap it all I was diagnosed with scabies after we got back, its obviously because of the filth. Don't stay there if you want to have a good holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of November 2015

Loved it !!

Good

"I stayed for two weeks beginning of November 2013. My holiday was very cheap indeed and my accommodation was as I expected, cheap very basic and threadbare in areas but clean and very nice. I was provided with clean towels, loo roll etc. and the housekeeper did a nice basic clean every 3 days. Very basic cooking facilities but the kettle is all I was bothered about as I love my cuppas.The water can be yellow when you first turn on the taps and can leave a yellow residue if it's dripping. Don't let it put you off, you're not at the Ritz !!! The shower is ace and private balcony was fantastic for a bit of nude sunbathing. Pubs and cheap supermarket just down the road. Bought wine for less than 2 Euros and sat on balcony getting drunk !! Pool looked ace and there's a bar that's cheap and cheerful, Lovely owners, cheap food and drinks. You can get cheap taxis if you want to venture out into the main strip but like to walk everywhere. No good if you are lazy! The old town harbor is beautiful an the coastal walk to Calero is breathtaking, I went nearly everyday. You will get a nice tan guaranteed. Its a shame that there is negative comments on here about some of the apartments as you get what you pay for and its not as bad as people say. I tripped the electric at one point because the toaster conked out lol! but I dealt with it and just enjoyed my holiday in the sun by the sea. The toilet flusher was a bit wobbly but I found it funny. Think I was in room 205.Beds are very basic, a bit like camp beds but who cares !! get over it! Remember the more expensive apartments are privately owned so are more posher. If you want posh then you have to pay for it. I am an artist and I painted some wonderful scenes on the approach to Calero on the cliffs. Its a nice 40 minutes walk and it breathtaking and beautiful. Mario the receptionist is lovely and helpful and will advice you on most things. Reception only open a couple of hours in morning then in late afternoon.You may have to get your keys from the bar. My advice is make the most of what you have and enjoy this fab island and what it has to offer. If you are a miserable Victor Meldrew type winger then don't book this hotel. Its a nice place and the complex is relaxed, clean and perfect for any one who just wants basic and affordable. I payed less than £400 for two weeks incl flights and transfers~! There is no free WiFi there but plenty of free ones around the many bars and restaurants, some very cheap places to eat and drink. The bar does full break for around 3 Euros and cheap snacks and basic cheap meals if you just want to hang around the pool and chill. I may return. :)"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of November 2013

Hotels near Terrazas

Stayed at Terrazas? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Terrazas

• JanFarthingArt by JanFarthingArt

"Use the complex bar and chill out by the pool for some peace and quite. "

• sunshine by sunshine

"go out and about theres loads on your doorstep "

• joxx1974xx by joxx1974xx

"plenty of mosquito repelent , hire a fan and , and be prepared to wash your own sheets as they only change them once a week even in 32+ degree heat "

• georgie by georgie

"do not stay in las terazzas but puerto del carmen was great "

• nat by nat

"Dont book there!! Surrounding area is fantastic so book with another hotel. "

• Regularly on hols by Regularly on hols

"Eat out and only sleep there "

• pebbles88996 by pebbles88996

"The national park is a defininte must!! "

• lightship by lightship

"We are all different you love or hate it "

• suzanne12345 by suzanne12345

"its expensive for everyday items like milk, bread etc "

• suzanne12345 by suzanne12345

"The best place to eat near this complex was Tapas Tree. "

• boredsmored by boredsmored

"do not stay here. go to lomoblanca "

• Victoria:-) by Victoria:-)

"The beaches are lovely and are worth the walk, head left out of the Apartments. "

• "there is a good chip shop in town called flynes chippy owned by english people. "

• cornfiald by cornfiald

"Nice walk nearby along cliff-tops. "

• morgan123 by morgan123

"explore the area there is a nice costal walk to puerto callero "

• sunshine by sunshine

"rent private and enjoy the nearby bars and restuarant and go to the harbour "

• Dalby by Dalby

"Go for it if you don't mind relaxing and basic. "

• Alex by Alex

"lanzarote great these apartments are well below standard "

Terrazas is also called