Absolutely LOVED it!!

Reviewed Tue 3rd of May 2011

"My family and I stayed in the Fariones Playa snd thought it was absolultey great! The location is fantastic as it is right between the Old Town and New Town and it has every amenity on your doorstep. The room was immaculatey clean and comfortable. The staff and cleaners were very helpful and chatty. The pool was perfect and my 2 children loved it! As I have an eight year old son it was important that the kids club and kids entertainment were very good, and it was fantastic! The people who ran the kids club were very friendly and great with kids! My son was always involved and always entertained with all the activities to offer! The pool bar had the basics ice cream etc. The beach was a couple of steps from the pool which was great! We never stayed for an evening meal so I cant tell you what the food was like! We went out for dinner every night and I would highly recommend doing that as you can have variety EVERY night! All and all my family and I really enjoyed our stay and we are coming back again this year! I would highly reccomend this hotel!"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of April 2011

dream hoilday

Reviewed Thu 9th of September 2010

"this place was a lovely when we arrived in our aooroom was a basket of fruit and bottle of wine with a bottle of water which we thought was a nice touch

the staff were friendly and cleaning staff were nice and did a great job of cleanning our room

the only thing that they should inprove on is not enough unbrellas as there was enough beds however putting ur towel on the beds and going off for hours was un fair and the hotel should inforce this as i read it was nt allowed also it says no lilo in the pool but one day there was 10 of them around the pool it was hard getting into the pool but i managed i loved the way the had water polo and water excises this was fab this is thee place to stay as its near every where"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of September 2010

Overbooking of playa hotel leading to downgrade

Reviewed Wed 1st of September 2010

"I travelled to Lanzarote to get married bringing with me 46 guests. Approx 30 of these guests had made a reservation online direct with the hotel on http://www.farioneshotels.com/
We made the reservations in Nov 09 for a stay in Aug 2010 which was plenty of time in my opinion. We all reserved the playa suite hotel as we had stayed previously and this was our preference due to the air conditioning. On arrival at the hotel we were advised we were 'upgraded' to stay in the fariones hotel and not the fariones playa. After we dragged all of our bags over to the hotel we found we were staying in the basement of the hotel in tiny rooms with NO air conditioning, NO kettle, fridge etc. You could barely breathe in there.

We furiously spoke with the hotel manager who came clean and admitted that the playa hotel had been overbooked so that was why we had been 'upgraded'. After over 2 hours of my fiance at the time and I arguing with the manager we were eventually all offered rooms in the apartmentos fariones, this meant again we all had to drag our bags again up the hill to the apartment complex around the corner. Some of our guests got air conditioning and others did not. We called our friends back home who were arriving the following day to warn them, they were advised over the phone by reception that they would have their room in the playa hotel waiting for them. However once again on arrival they got the 'upgrade' routine. This friend in particular is a travel agent and when she advised them of this - low and behold a room suddenly became available in the playa.

Getting married is a stressful enough occasion and all you want is for everything to go smoothly and according to plan. This hotel caused us a huge amount of upset. Not just for me and my husband, but also for all our guests. We got to the hotel at 7.00, and it was 23.00 before we eventually got everything sorted.

I would like to make people aware that while you are being offered an 'upgrade' this is a front for the fact that the hotel has made a mistake and overbooked. The fact that the hotel tried to pull the wool over our eyes is disgraceful. After advising the manager that I would go back to Ireland and tell everyone about this, she sent a bag to our room with Fariones rucksacks, purses, wallets etc like that would be any consolation.

Please be advised anyone travelling to lanzarote to stay in the fariones playa suitehotel, please advise the hotel in writing in advance that you only want to stay in the hotel you made the reservation for, and deciding to change the venue you are staying in without your prior knowledge is not acceptable. I especially urge you to extra careful if like us you were travelling to get married. God knows you have enough to be worrying about without a mistake such as this when you have put so much time and consideration into the planning of the event."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of September 2010

Disappointed

Reviewed Tue 28th of October 2008

"Chose this hotel due to high praise from brother and sister in law who had holidayed here a couple of years ago, and returned this time with children, 1 and 3 years. Initial appearances were very pleasing, tiled reception, friendly porter, room immaculate, then we stepped out of room, carpets badly stained, and other parts of hotel having carpet removed (early in the morning and replaced). My brothers carpet outside door looked as though somebody had missed the toilet, not good for a crawling 1 year old. We tried on our first day to get to the baby pool, and got down there laden with toys at 9 am with the children but could not get a lounger so had to take the children to the beach, difficult with a pram tho.
We tried every day of our holiday to get sun loungers but only managed once and that was getting there at 7.30 and putting our towels on the only remaining loungers as even at that time the beds were full of towels. We reported this as it states in hotel brochure no to reserve poolside beds. NO joy from reception staff or holiday rep. Entertainment was very basic. And we had tried breakfast a couple of times but very repetitive. We could not however fault the cleanliness of our room, it was cleaned daily. As for the location, the road adjacant to hotel is being dug up and so the pavements are sealed off from road with no gaps, so be prepared to do a lot of walking. I certainly would not give this hotel a four star rating and definately would not recommend to anyone with children under the age of 5. We were very disappointed and will not return to this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of October 2008

We had previosuly read comments regardin...

Reviewed Fri 25th of July 2008

"We had previosuly read comments regarding the carpet in the hotel and thought that it couldn't be as bad as what people had said. It was in fact worse! The reception area was tiled and looked lovely and clean upon arrival, but as soon as your turned the corner to go to the rooms the cream carpet hit you in the face. It looked as though some large animal had urinated all over it. It was full of stains and lifting in places. It really has to be seen to be believed. I went on the holiday just myself and 14 year old daughter. Not once did we sit by the pool not by choice, but we could not get a bed by the pool. No matter what time you went down to the pool, you could not get a bed. People got up at the crack of dawn, put their towels on the beds and went off for the morning. There were approximately 100 beds by the pool and only five people at the pool but all the beds were taken by towels (in the hotel book it states that they do not tolerate this!). I spoke to the reception about this and they said they would deal with it, but nothing was done. I mentioned this on several occasions to them. So consequently myself and daughter had to go to the beach every single day. The beach was lovely but didnt really want to go every day. Also food was not the best. Same every day. You really need to eat out to get a decent meal. The positive thing I can say about the hotel is that it was very clean. But this is most definately not 4 stars!!! Would not return to this hotel ever again in this life time."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2008

Just back from an absolutely fantastic h...

Reviewed Mon 16th of July 2007

"Just back from an absolutely fantastic holiday in Lanzarote. Our apart hotel was excellent! Brilliant location and totally spotless.

These apartments are located right on the beach and within walking distance of countless shops, bars and first class restaurants.

We travelled with another young couple all aged between 25-30 and we would all recommend this accommodation 110%!

• Travel date: Mon 16th of July 2007

Great Location

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Read some of the previous reports and thought oh no what have I booked; I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Fairones was spot on.

Yes some of the carpeting in the hotel needs replaced but this is a minor issue.

The inside of the Fairones is very funky and grand and it has a lot of plants grown through out it, the hotel is a member of [---], if your Green minded.

The room was big enough with a good sized bedroom and plenty of storage place, don't think you could have cooked too many meals on the stove, but with so many fine places close by to eat why would you want to? The TV in english was Sky News, Euro Sport and BBC World, though my son enjoyed the German kids cartoons!

The pool area was very clean and was great for kids, this is a very family orientated hotel, so if you don't like kids avoid. There was a kids club everyday and they all made things and had great fun,

The hotel restaurant is very good, breakfast is awesome, everything you could think of and the evening meals are top notch also.

We ate out at a few places, however one to avoid is the Bodega in the old town, food did not come out on time, my starter came out first and 30 mins later my wife’s appeared, same for main courses, and when we mentioned it to the waiter he attitude was, hey you still got your food! SO AVOID!

The Fairones is right on the beach, you just walk from the pool through a gate and your there, the location is brilliant and you are right between the old town and the new town of Puerto Del Carmen so you have the best of both worlds."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of November 2006

Filthy Carpets

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"First thing to greet us was the absolutely filthy carpeted common areas - a pure disgrace. Comparable to a tenement block - definitely not 4* quality. Room allocated to us was at the very end of a hugely long corridoor, outside which was a common seating area, 2 couches and a coffee table - laden with rubbish and cigarette butts when we checked in at 3pm in the afternoon - absolutely not acceptable when paying €800 per person for a week in the sun in a "top quality" suitehotel! Demanded to be moved - this was done without question. Strange?

Balcony covered in pigeon dirt - horrible to have to look at every morning while eating breakfast.

Kitchen area very basic - no counter space.

Bedrooms - no fresh air - very clammy and clausterphobic. Could not leave patio doors open at night as next door could quite easily step over the balcony.

Noisy at night time - doors constantly banging.

Love Lanzarote and have previously stayed in far superior 2* apartments -would certainly NOT recommend Suitehotel Fariones Playa. Extremely disappointed.

A rip off."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of October 2006

Great First Time Stay Will Definately Return

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"Stayed in Fariones Playa in September and have to say we will definately return great location, staff very helpful and rooms cleaned everyday! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Lanzarote after staying here!! Great Hotel"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of October 2006

Great hotel. Great location

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Just back from two wonderful weeks at Fariones Playa.

I read a few reviews before we went and was a bit sceptic. The hotel is though absolutely great, as long as you don't have a room above the restaurant/bar area where it's very noisy.

And the hotel definetly needs new carpeting. My God what stains :)
And a few new bedsheets would do them good.

But the pool area is beautiful. Thick padded madrasses. They clean it 6 days a week before the sun comes up.
Direct access from pool area to beach and showers to get rid of sand when coming back from beach.

The hotel is very clean. We didn't see one spider or roach in 14 days. Haven't experienced that in other hotels.
We did do meet a very friendly and helpfull staff although I would expect them to understand more english. At least the staff in the bar/restaurant. I know some of the staff has been there for years.

But all in all. I would surely go back. And I have no problem recommending the hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of October 2006

avoid stay at los fariones hotel instead

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"stayed here on a family holiday. a nightmare from start to finish, very noicy, couldnt sleep a wink, aircon a joke and only in kitchen area. staff hopeless and rude, corridors filthy, plaster coming off ceiling. if this dump is a 4 star hotel im a monkeys uncle, stay at fariones hotel instead, much quieter and much nicer"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of October 2006

Just got back from a week at the hotel,...

Reviewed Fri 15th of September 2006

"Just got back from a week at the hotel, the weather was excellent, very hot. The hotel is clean, but they need to get rid of the beige carpet in the corridors it lets the hotel down with the many stains on it.

The food is very good a great selection and I like the idea of having my steak or fish cooked fresh, the other choices however could have been a little warmer. As usual the sun loungers are taken up by the sad people who get up at 6am to put their towels on them, and no it's not just the Germans.

The beach is quieter and the sea is so refreshing and just out of the hotel gate. Some of the staff need to learn to smile especially the ones at the pool bar, such a shame they close at 6pm as it would have been nice to sit outside with a drink before our meal.

I found the entertainment poor but then just take a walk to the many Irish bars around for a great night’s entertainment. Would I go back, yes the hotel is ideally located for the many water sports and although I would not give it a 4 star rating it was clean and at the end of the day that’s all we ask as the holiday is what you make it.

• Travel date: Fri 15th of September 2006

Hotels near Suite Hotel Fariones Playa

Top traveller tips for Suite Hotel Fariones Playa

• RobynS by RobynS

"I would reccomend going out for dinner every night for variety. "

Suite Hotel Fariones Playa is also called