Theft last november in Nautilus Bungalows

Reviewed Tue 3rd of January 2012

"Be careful if you are planning to stay at Nautilus Bungalows, in Matagorda area. Close the bungalow with key at night.

On November 23d one or more people entered our bungalow (number 49, behind the pool zone) by night, when we were sleeping, and took three of our bags, with IDs, money and stuff more than 2.000 euro valued. No safety chain at the door. The fence surrounding the complex was broken, so someone might entered.

The manager didn´t appear on the next 3 days, and back home we asked her about responsability.

The Guardia Civil told us more thefts had happened there, and the manager admitted 3 more thefts had happened last september.

I¨ll put some photos with the broken fence.

Greetings from Bilbao."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of December 2011

I would reccomend The Nautilus for famil...

Reviewed Tue 24th of June 2008

"I would reccomend The Nautilus for families with young childeren or older people seeking a relaxing holiday.It is not suited for those seeking a livley entertaining holiday or families who have teenagers.It is a very quite and calm complex with a lovely pool and the 2 bedroomed bugalows themselves are lovely very spacious and well equiped.Personally my family and I did not enjoy our stay heer as we found it to be very far from the beach and the main resort of peurto del carmen.Would not be rushing back to The Nautilus Bungalows in a hurry."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2008

best for a long while

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"My partner and I have just come back from a three week stay at these bungalows, we felt that it was very good value for money. The staff were excelent and were always very helpful. The rooms were very clean (we had a cleaner every day). our bungalow was at the rear of the complex and above all the others so we had a very good view of the sea. A good thing to mention is that the complex caters well for those with a difficulty in walking, there are slopes to all the areas. Matagorda shops were very near (plenty of bars and shops. Three bars to mention, First in last out (an Irish bar) with a very good singer, and upstairs there is the Rockolla bar ( good Karaoke three times a week) and Scarlets (a Welsh bar) this is a small bar run by two ladies. as mentioned in other reports the main town is only 1 euro on the bus.
We will return to this complex."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of March 2008

Holiday Saviour

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"As a result of a booking error in the apartments we were supposed to be staying in, we found ourselves in need of accomodation on the night of arrival. We were referred to the Nautilus and the receptionist there was extremely helpful. They were able to accomodate us at short notice (like right then!). As it turned out the accomodation turned out to be of a much better standard the bungalows we had originally booked. My 9 year old son was thrilled with the pool, and overall we found the complex very good.

I would have no problem recommending the Nautilus to anyone interested."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of December 2007

Stayed in Lanzarote for a week. Had a ni...

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2007

"Stayed in Lanzarote for a week. Had a nice stay here. It’s a simple resort and was dead when we stayed here.

Seemed like we were the only people there! Because we went out of season the pool was not heated and it was freezing! So if you’re going at the same time of year then be prepared to get cold!

The resort is in walking distance of the beach and all the shops and restaurants of Matagorda.

The apartment was in typical Spanish style, was very clean and tidy with everything we needed.

We rented a car so that we could go up to the volcanoes and also have a look around the Spanish markets. I would definitely recommend anyone going to Lanzarote to take a trip up to the volcanoes.

There was not much going on in the resort so of an evening you would need 2 go out into the surrounding town. Puerto Del Carmen is especially good for the younger generation.

Will hopefully be returning to Lanzarote next year, but will be looking to stay somewhere a bit more lively!"

• Travel date: Fri 30th of November 2007

We will be back soon

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"We have just returned from yet another holiday at the Nautilus.

We discovered this little gem a few years ago and have since
returned on a number of occasions. The bungalows and gardens
are well maintained and very clean. The complex is in an ideal
location, very close to the beach and if you like walking, a lovely
prom. You are never too far from a restaurant or bar, something
to suit everyone's taste.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Like us, many people return to the Nautilus ( sometimes more than once a year ) and this must speak for itself.

If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday in a lovely location
then we think the Nautilus is ideal."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of November 2007

Great Accomodation

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"Myself,husband and 86 year old father have just reutrned from holiday here - this accomodation is well above average and deserves more than two keys.

The bungalows are very well equiped and rooms are all a good size with very comfotable beds. No problems with water temperature or pressure. The security at the complex is also good.

These apartments are well situated for the beach and a small shopping complex nearby with some very nice resturants"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of September 2007

Highly recommend Nautilus Bungalows Lanzarote

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"We have just come back from a weeks holiday at the Nautilus Bungalows, Matagorda, Lanzarote, my Husband, myself & our two teenage children aged 14 & 15, & all had a great Holiday.
The Bungalows were ideal. We had Bungalow No 11 which was excellent, right next to the pool. We would get up in the morning have breakfast on our own veranda & then just 4 steps to the sunbeds by the pool. We went the week before the schools broke up so it was fairly quiet for the week, but even towards the end of the holiday when more families arrived it was not noisy.
This is a lovely little complex of only 70 Bungalows, N0's 8-28 around the Pool others up round the back. The complex is nicely kept & the Pool was ideal with a childrens pool available for the tots. The Bungalows were basic but well equipped & I would personally rate higher than the 2 stars given.
Our only real problem with the bunglow was the hot water, we found that if we all had a shower in the evening the hot water would usually run out after the second shower, but this really didn't worry us.
The maid service was good & the receptionists were all very helpful & friendly & spoke good English.We ate lunch at the small bar/restaurant & were highly satisfied with the food, the supermarket was very handy, just downstairs & not overpriced.
I would highly recommend these Bungalows. For families with small children I think it would be ideal and a safe environment for the children.
The town of Matagorda was only a short 5 minute walk away with a wide range of restaurants & bars (most of them Irish Bars) all in the main shopping centre & we spent some good evenings here, Ideal for us as right in the middle was an amusement arcade where the kids were quite happy to hang out & close enough for us to know where they were.
There was a regular Bus service into Puerto del Carmen & for only 1 euro each we could have a change of scenery. In San Antonio we would recommend the L'ola restaurant & cafe a glass restaurant where you could sit on the veranda overlooking the sea & have a superb meal.
Although only a 5 minute Taxi ride from the airport (only 8 Euros)
we were not bothered too much by aeroplane noise as they fly in over the sea & not over the Hotel, if the wind is in the right direction you hear the planes when they put the engines into reverse thrust, but it really did not spoil our relaxing by the Pool.
If your'e after a relaxing holiday with good facilities & easy access to the surrounding Island I would highly recommend The Nautilus Bungalows. We would definatley visit these Bungalows again they offer everything you need for a week away to relax & not have a care in the world."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2007

Great for a relaxing holiday

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"I've just returned from a week in Nautilus, located near Matagorda beach in Lanzarote. The apartments were a very good size, the bedroom had 2 double wardrobes and a safety deposit box, bathrooms were quite big with a very good shower, constant hot water and good pressure. Towels were changed almost every day, as were the bed clothes. The apartment was cleaned every day. The kitchen was very well equipped with every sort of cooking utensil you could need. We had a TV, but the only English stations were the news channels and channel 4. The temperatures were quite moderarte, so the ceiling fans in the bedrooms were sufficient for keeping cool during the night.

Each apartment had a washing line out the back and a patio area with sunloungers and patio table and chairs at the front of the apartment. The pool was very spacious, and it was never too packed and there were always plenty of sunloungers. The staff were very pleasant and ordered taxis for us whenever we wanted. There was a very handy shop there also.

Taxis costed up to €4 into Puerto del Carmen, or €5 to the old town area. Matagorda itself was a bit disappointing, with a big commercial centre in the middle, but there is a lovely pedestrian promenade along the beach.

I would definitely return to Nautilus again, I found it very enjoyable, relaxing and very well maintained, although I was a bit disappointed with Lanzarote as a whole. The excursions are not worth going on."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of July 2007

We took my daughter and 3 grandchildren...

Reviewed Thu 12th of July 2007

"We took my daughter and 3 grandchildren here and it was perfect. It was not busy when we went so there was plenty of space in the pool. The children's pool was quite small and I think could get crowded in peak season.

The bungalows slept 6, 2 bedrooms and a sofa bed. They were cleaned daily and the staff were very friendly. The on-site restaurant was also very good although we only ate there once as we like to try different restaurants.

The beach is a good 10-15minute walk and it was very windy when we went, which is quite usual for Lanzarote. There are quite a few restaurants in the area and all extremely good value. I would highly recommend this for families wanting a quiet place to stay away from the bustle of Puerto del Carmen itself."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of July 2007

Not quite what we expected

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"We were planning on a quiet lazy week, but it didn't quite turn out like that. There was renovation work taking place at the complex in the bungalows the block before the one we had - which was very noisy everyday. Looking at our bungalow I would say that they would or rather should be renovating that block soon. The place really did need a facelift. We had to ask on numerous occasions for things that should have been in the bungalow and I wasn't very pleased when we had to clean most of the kitchen utensils before using them.

On the plus side the on site supermarket was well stocked and the staff were friendly. There are numerous bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. If you like Paella and Sangria we would recommend Tratoria Timbayba, they serve a variety of other foods too.

The taxi from the Airport to the bungalows cost about 10 Euros and a taxi into town was around 4.5 Euros.

We would go back to Lanzarote but not sure whether or not we would stay at the Nautilus again."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of May 2007

Peaceful and friendly haven.

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"We have had a week's timeshare bungalow at Nautilus for the last three years in March. I can honestly say that this has been one of the most peaceful and restful holidays I have ever had, which my husband agrees with.
Each March we go to Nautilus with our daughter and our granddaughter for a week. The bungalow is very good, the staff are really so friendly and helpful. We have used the restaurant and bar on site and found this to be totally acceptable.
We either sit at the pool area or on your own patio outside the bungalow and enjoy the peace and quiet.
Should you want more noise (???) Puerto del Carmen is only a ten minute cheap taxi ride away, and in the other direction the airport is about the same distance, so not difficult to get to.
About 5-10 minutes walk is a small shopping centre with bars, restaurants and shops, and also the beach is another minute away from there!
Can't wait to get get back there!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of December 2006

Hotels near Nautilus Lanzarote

Top traveller tips for Nautilus Lanzarote

• Viajer0_42 by Viajer0_42

"Care about your safety "

Nautilus Lanzarote is also called