I stayed here for one week with my two t...

Reviewed Tue 1st of March 2005

"I stayed here for one week with my two teenage daughters and a friend.

Rooms - although basic were clean. Beds were comfortable. Complex quite compact so you felt "safe"! All staff that we came into contact with were friendly - even those who could not speak English!! Rep (Glynn) was helpful and friendly.

Nightlife in town centre was excellent - you MUST go to Charlie’s Bar in the Atlantico Centre opposite the beach. Great bands there every night - especially the one that Charlie himself fronts! They are from Dublin and play a great range of music - great craic! The "hounds" will pester you to go to their bars but if you say "I’m going to Charlie’s, they just say "ok"!!!! Does that say it!!?

Taxis really cheap although some drivers not that friendly!! We enjoyed the holiday so much we are going back in August. I just think that sometimes people just feel they have to complain about something. Great holiday and worth going back to - especially on this budget!

Obviously if I could afford it I would be staying at a 5* hotel but on my financial restrictions at present Montana Club is a very good choice."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of March 2005

Although I would go back to Lanzarote I...

Reviewed Tue 1st of March 2005

"Although I would go back to Lanzarote I would not go back to these apartments. The pool and pool area were good, although loungers were not fully equipped i.e. cushions which had to be hired from the apartments reception.

Likewise umbrellas also had to be hired, the bar and staff were negative and unfriendly. I asked for a cup of coffee one afternoon at the bar and was told it was too late in the day (this was 2.O.Clock in the afternoon).

The apartments themselves were ill equipped and the beds not very comfortable. We had cockroaches in our apartment. The holiday rep. was not very friendly or helpful. There was no entertainment at all on the complex. One night on returning to our apartment we were accosted by a security guard and escorted to our rooms this was at the late hour of 11.45p.m. and as we had a young child with us she was distressed at this."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of March 2005

Clean apartments, all with pool view balcony or terrace

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Montana 7th - 14th October 2004.
The apartment block is just two floors high with every apartment having a
balcony or terrace overlooking one of the two pools.
The apartments are clean and large with tv, fridge, 2 ring hob and safe.
You do have to pay a charge (and deposit) for the safe and tv remote.
At that time of year the apartments were not busy, and there were plenty
of sun loungers around the pool.

Bad points - the pools are not heated and are a cold especially for
young children. The floor around the pool area is smooth tiles making it
extremely slippy when wet. We noticed a few adults and children
falling over during the week we were there. We also found a few
cockroaches in our bathroom.

The location of the Montana is good, a 5 minute stroll to the main
road and a further 5 mins to the first beach.

Overall its good 2 star accomodation. Clean and well looked after."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of November 2004

When we arrived, Lanzarote was experienc...

Reviewed Wed 30th of June 2004

"When we arrived, Lanzarote was experiencing hot winds from the Sahara and because the apartments had no air conditioning, sleeping was impossible.

Nights were just as hot as days. Lanzarote does not have much air conditioning, it was difficult to find somewhere cool enough to eat in comfort.

Entertainment was not very good and there was no inside lounge area, it was outdoors. Montana Restaurant prices very expensive if on self catering, 19 euros per adult. Family meal in a pub only 30 euros.

Pool was cleaned every morning ,maid service was excellent and happy hour at 5.30pm was good. The Barge Inn along the front to the right, has good entertainment. Crepe stalls along the front are tempting cost from 2 euros. The Travellers Inn next to MacDonald’s was good and check out Churchill’s, the barman is hilarious.

Overall not a bad holiday but wouldn’t go back, once seen, been there, worn the t-shirt."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of June 2004

An excellent apartment block with good q...

Good
Reviewed Mon 31st of May 2004

"An excellent apartment block with good quality rooms, lovely pools and a friendly bar. It is located in an excellent location- five minutes walk from the main seafront strip but secluded enough to remain quiet.

The town is lively but not wild- great families, couples and young groups. The beach is lovely, and although there are a few too many Lanis restaurants there is a wide selection of bars and things to do in the town.

The tour of the volcanic part of the island in the national park is also very scenic and interesting."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2004