Good Clean Apartments

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"Just returned from a week in the Montana Club Apartments in Puerto Del Carmen. We went with Falcon or First Choice. We usually go with Budget Travel but found these apartments to be better than any we have been in with Budget Travel. They are well maintained. We had a kitchen come dining come living room which was very spacious with a TV. The balcony overlooked other apartments but this didn't bother us. Bathroom and bedroom were also clean and spacious. The apartments have 2 pools and were very relaxing. Sun loungers were never full and people are not allowed to reserve them with towels. We ate lunch in the restaurant one day but it was very expensive for what we got. I would not have eaten another meal there as there are so many nicer places to go particularly in the old town. There was evening entertainment but we didn't stay to watch any so I can't comment on it. Elvis and Kylie tribute bands were there 2 of the nights. The apartments are a 7/8 mins walk to the strip in Puerto Del Carmen. A taxi is only €3 into the old town where there are some lovely restaurants and a nice harbour. There is a modern shopping centre at the top of the hill also.

I really enjoyed my week in Lanzarote - it was very relaxing."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of September 2007

I stayed in the Montana Apts the first w...

Reviewed Tue 17th of July 2007

"I stayed in the Montana Apts the first week in July. I wasn't at all impressed by the place.

I stayed with my husband, my son of 14 and my daughter of 4. We were put into an apartment right behind the bar and the only view we had was of the back of the bar which the music didn't finish until 12.30.

I asked reception to change my room on the Monday I arrived and the best he could do for me was on the Thursday. I spoke to our rep who wasn't that helpful. She could get me moved to the apts opposite but I would have to pay €155.00 more. She could also move me to Costa Teguise but that would be an extra €55.00 but I would have to get my own taxi out there.

I didn't want to spend any more money we had spent enough to stay in the Montana. Reception eventually moved me to another apartment but on the Thursday morning.

The food and drink was expensive in the pool bar. A vodka and coke is €8.80.
2 burgers and chips, hot dog and chips and hot dog on its own cost us €30.00 which is pricey.

On the good side the bar staff, receptionist were very nice and helpful."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of July 2007

We stayed at the Montana club apartments...

Reviewed Thu 17th of May 2007

"We stayed at the Montana club apartments for 1 week my partner, my mother and I and our 2 children age 11 years and 6 months,

Firstly I would like to point out that all the apartments have just been refurbished, as some of the comments state that the apartments are in need of a makeover.

We booked the 2 bedroom apartment. huge, but up a couple of flights of stairs, so be careful.

I have to say that we all had a fantastic holiday and this was partly due to the beautiful surroundings of the Montana Club apartments. 2 very nice pools that were quite warm actually, may have been due to the weather though, as it was fantastic when we stayed.

The staff and reps are very friendly and the accommodation was outstanding for a 3star apartment. Spotless clean, with almost everything you would need accept additional charges for the toaster etc. With breakfasts as cheap as 3euro almost everywhere, we didn’t feel the need for one.

The beds, although a little hard, were fine as you didn’t have a feeling of dread getting into them, the sheets were spotless, also enough hangers, towels, kitchenware, etc. with a young baby these were things that we really appreciated.

Also the rooms at night were pitch black and no sun entered in the morning, so you wouldn’t have a clue what time it was neither did the baby at times (great).

We ate lunch in the bar on several occasions and it was fine, nice salads and burgers. but the beer, spirits and soft drinks were a bit pricey.

On the occasions that we did not go into the town (5 min walk to the casino) we stayed in the bar, the entertainment was OK for a small complex and all the kids seemed to be having a great time joining in, as well as some of the adults.

Overall this was a great choice and while looking around Puerto Del Carmen, we did not really see any apartments that could live up to them.

So I would definitely recommend them and will look forward to staying there again."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

I have just come back from a week in the...

Reviewed Mon 23rd of April 2007

"I have just come back from a week in the Montana Apartments.

The rooms are very clean and all the staff are extremely helpful and pleasant.

Before you book a trip here you should be aware of all the hidden costs which you will find. It is a complete rip off.

If you want a toaster for your room you must pay €9, the microwave is €30, the mattress for the sun bed is €2.50 per day and a €10 deposit.

The drinks in the bar are the same price as in Temple Bar Dublin. A Smirnoff ice is €4.80.

On our patio we had cast iron chairs, I went to reception to see could I get a cushion for the seats and he said of course but wait for it.... that would be €7.

The water in the pool is extremely cold and not many people went into it.

The beds in the rooms are like concrete blocks, all of my group had bad cramps in their calf muscles at least once in the week, enough to wake you up at night.

On the day of our departure with a late flight all they gave us was the pool bar to leave are cases in. If you wanted to wash after being in the pool you had to use the toilets.

We went up to buy 5 packets of crisps while we waited on the bus and the price was €8.50, we told them to keep them and ran down to the spar down the road where we bought the crisps for €3.25.

After checking around in the local area none of the other apartment /hotels had any of these hidden extras, so if you’re thinking of going I would recommend strongly you go somewhere else."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of April 2007

Just back from a one week stay in the Mo...

Reviewed Thu 1st of February 2007

"Just back from a one week stay in the Montana Club. The main reason I stayed there was because of reviews on this website.

I was very disappointed with the rooms, they were full of damp, it rained when we were there and the beds got wet. We could not sleep in the bed closest to the window because of the bed being damp & cold, also there was green mould in the bedroom.

The location is pretty good & the staff were helpful & friendly, but the rooms leave a lot to be desired."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of February 2007

Just back from 5th trip to Lanzarote. Th...

Reviewed Mon 20th of November 2006

"Just back from 5th trip to Lanzarote. This time stayed at Montana Club, partly as result of earlier reviews seen on here. Must say I wasn't disappointed.

The complex itself is well laid out with the apartments running on three sides, pool bar/restaurant in centre of the two pools. The complex overall was well maintained and clean. The staff were helpful and friendly.

The apartments themselves are simple and adequate. Lounge / kitchen with strangely a full oven as well as 2 ring ceramic hob. Bedroom is to the rear so any noise from bar or pool doesn't come through. Cleaning / towels were done 5 times in the week which was good.

One comment is there are 4 apartments which are behind the pool bar and on a level lower than the others, in effect basement level. These are numbers 115-118. They are the only apartments in the place with no view at all other than the white wall which is basically the back of the pool bar. All the others have pool views.

The pools are good sized with kids section in one only so the other is basically an adult pool. Location overall is good just 3-5 minutes to the main strip where you come out across from the Casino. There's a Spar supermarket at the end of the road, just 100 yards from the complex.

The pool bar does karaoke and cabaret style acts and there’s a happy hour each evening at 5.30. There’s internet access in the reception with 2 computers if you really need to stay in touch that badly. I've stayed in various complexes in PdC and this was well worth the stay.

I would go back again. "

• Travel date: Mon 20th of November 2006

Good Location

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Well located for all amenities and only 10 mins from the beach you cannot fault the location of the Montanna. We chose this based on this, as we know the town well.
The rooms are basic but clean ( except from some unwelcome cockroaches that appeared occasionally ) .
The pool areas are fine but we did not use a great deal as we considered the nearby beach a better option.
As a previous reviewer stated the restaurant was closed while we were there so cannot comment on this. There is a pool bar where basic fast food/ snacks are available. One complaint here there seem to be constant noise coming from the large TV in this bar even when the only people there were the staff. The entertainment provide in this area on an occasional basis seem to be terrible and only served one purpose and that was to annoy people whose apartments was unfortunate to be located close by. Why this very low end entertainment was felt needed I am not quite sure.
In conclusion good location , basic standard accommodation .

One suggestion hire a car for a couple of days and see the whole of the Island its great."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

Have just returned from my first visit t...

Reviewed Mon 23rd of October 2006

"Have just returned from my first visit to Lanzarote with my partner.

We stayed in the Montana club which we thought were excellent, the rooms where clean bright and airy, they were cleaned everyday and towels changed everyday and linen twice a week.

The staff and receptionist are friendly and always willing to help. All though i only ate at the pool bar once and did not the stay in for evening entertainment other guests were full of praise.

The location is excellent a short 10 minute walk from the front a nice distance, far enough away from the noise but not to far.

I would recommend the Montana to all groups of people the rooms are nice and have everything u will need and have good access to sun beds and the two pools.

Was a great week and hope to return one day."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of October 2006

I am so glad that I picked this aparthot...

Reviewed Tue 5th of September 2006

"I am so glad that I picked this aparthotel. It was lovely and the pools are well kept staff are very friendly and the rooms are kept very clean.

Meals were very good and the entertainment in the bar was brill the karaoke volcano was great. The couple that do it are lovely. I will definitely be back next year. Good luck to the new managers I just love Lanzarote. I am there 5 times a year. You are almost sure of good weather and friendly people.

Having an apartment in the Montana means you really don’t need to go out at all as there is everything that you need at hand. I have friends that is going the start of next year and I will recommend these apartments."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of September 2006

Came back from a two week holiday in Kus...

Reviewed Thu 24th of August 2006

"Came back from a two week holiday in Kusadasi Turkey, went to stay in the happy apartments in Kusadasai which are situated in the ladies beach area. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in this area, where you can sit and watch the sun setting as you enjoy your evening meal as the restaurants are overlooking the beach.

The Turkish people are really lovely and are so eager to please and do whatever they can to ensure you have a brilliant holiday. Kusadasi centre is ten minutes away in a taxi which costs about 4 euro/8 Turkish lira. In this area is the famous bar street which has a lot of Irish bars.

Jimmys bar is the famous one which attracts teenagers of all ages and the staff do a dance display to all the latest hits every night. Well worth a visit for the young and lively. The markets are brilliant and even if you don't buy anything it is worth going just to have a crack at bargaining with the locals, everything at the markets is genuine fake designer labels, even signs saying that they fell off the back of a lorry, if you’re out for a crack you will enjoy it.

The Happy apartments are quite basic with a 24hr poolside bar. Sometimes at night it can be hard to sleep with noise coming from the bar which we had on our second week for about three nights, air conditioning was 15 Euro a night which we thought worked out very expensive for two weeks.

If you pay a visit to happy apartments be sure to ask for gismo as he is the life and soul of the pool bar and also mel as together they make a great team. It was lovely on the day we were leaving to see the team waving us off on our way as we journeyed to the airport. We will definitely go back to Kusadasi as the people are so friendly and laid back, as we went in July/August it was really hot so lots and lots of sun cream needed.

• Travel date: Thu 24th of August 2006

We just back from 2 weeks in Montana Clu...

Reviewed Wed 23rd of August 2006

"We just back from 2 weeks in Montana Club. I cannot praise highly enough the reception and security staff in the complex nothing was too much trouble.

All staff were friendly as were the first choice reps. The accommodation is clean simple and well maintained. I would have no problem recommending the apartment complex and the tour operator to anybody. "

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of August 2006

What an excellent holiday my husband and...

Reviewed Tue 6th of June 2006

"What an excellent holiday my husband and I had at the Montana Club. The apartments are basic but everything you need is there as most of them are in Lanzarote, however they were very clean and the maids came in 6 days a week and changed the towels every other day and the linen was changed twice a week.

All staff were very friendly. Had a problem with the fridge on our first day and reported to reception, following day a brand new fridge arrived, you cannot get better service than that. I would definitely go back to the Montana and we are looking at returning in Jan/Feb 07.

• Travel date: Tue 6th of June 2006