Me and my dad stayed in the Penita apart...

Reviewed Tue 18th of September 2007

"Me and my dad stayed in the Penita apartments and enjoyed our stay extremely.

The apartment are very clean and very spacious. There’s a TV, kettle, toaster, microwave and a nice shower and huge balcony, you feel very comfortable being there.

The pool and overall complex is very clean, the staff all speak English and are very helpful and friendly. There is a pool bar, restaurant which is open till about 7, I personally would have liked it to be open 24 hr to socialize with other people staying there, but I think the place is aimed at families with kids and is ideal for them.

There is a Netto supermarket situated 2 minutes away which sells everything you could want. There are bars and restaurants to the left and right of you once on the main road, the beach and the start of the lively part of the town is a good 5 minute walk away.

The hotel is quite at night with security on all the time plus there is a metal fence with gates located all the way round for whichever side you are staying, you need e key to get back in.

If you get chance visit the old town it has a shopping complex, harbour and numerous really nice restaurants, la cscada if you like steak, 5 Euros in a taxi. Great place would stay there again. The pool is freezing."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

Hey everyone, I arrived home form Lanzar...

Reviewed Sat 21st of July 2007

"Hey everyone,
I arrived home form Lanzarote yesterday, what an amazing time! I wish I was still there!
We stayed in the Penita Apartments which were ideal. They were clean and quite spacious but really warm. The pool was a nice size but make sure you reserve you loungers early because they do go quickly. The hotel was in an ideal location right by the main strip which is really long and full of everything, bars, restaurants, clubs etc. The temps you see on websites are taken from the shade. It's actually in the 30s out there rite now. It is also windy but trust me with the heat out there you will appreciate it.

Its lovely for both families and couples and we're definitely going back because we got engaged out there. So see you soon Lanzarote and you'll have a fab holiday to anyone going out there soon."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

I stayed at the La Penita in June 07 wit...

Reviewed Thu 5th of July 2007

"I stayed at the La Penita in June 07 with my boyfriend. I am a travel agent, so you can imagine how picky I am but we had a fab holiday!

The complex and pool was nice, plenty of sunbeds, staff were friendly and would do anything for you.

The apartments were large and cleaned nearly every day during the week, towels were changed twice a week and beds once a week. A pack of washing up liquid and dish cloth was provided in the kitchen, which was a nice touch and very handy. Supermarket was just down the road - very cheap.

Great location, close to plenty of bars, restaurants and the beach. The clubs were a bit further up the resort which was nice as it was quiet at night.

I would recommend these apartments to couples, families that don't want kids clubs, groups, older travellers and pretty much anyone. Great apartments that don't cost the earth!"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of July 2007

This is our second time staying here and...

Reviewed Thu 21st of June 2007

"This is our second time staying here and we love it.

Apartments are very clean and have lots of room maid service 6 days of the week.

Staff are very nice and helpfull. Has a lovely pool bar that serves fantasic food and drink.

Cant fault any of it since I tried most of it. The place is very well looked after, its close to all bars and resturaunts 5-10min walk to the beach.

10 out of 10 we will be back soon."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of June 2007

La Penita apartments are approx 25 mins...

Good
Reviewed Sat 16th of June 2007

"La Penita apartments are approx 25 mins from the airport and are easy reached by taxi, which the staff at the apartments will arrange for you if you ask.

The apartments are large and very well maintained. With a large bathroom and balcony. Towels and linen etc are changed regularly. Security is very good and is patrolled 24hrs a day.

Cooker, microwave, and kitchen utensils, television, irons, are all supplied
the location is fantastic only 2 mins away from the main street. A supermarket is some 5 mins walk out of the main gates.

The resort is clean and wheel chair friendly with some great restaurants and bars
pool tends to be a bit cold but is appreciated when the weather is hot, pool bar serves some good snacks, and staff like all of the complex staff are very friendly and helpful.

This was the sixth time we have visited the la Penita and we have never had to complain.

We rate this complex very highly and we will return again this next Xmas."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of June 2007

Great Apartments

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"La Penita is central, clean, has large rooms, plenty of sunbeds/sombrillos, good wee snack bar and the staff are excellent, I cannot think of anything else to big it up with but suffice to say that the only bad point was the coldness of the swimming pool but as we were there the first week in march then you could hardely blame the apartment owners for this.
We will be returning to these apartments next winter."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of March 2007

Excellent Place to Stay

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Stayed in the La Penita Apartments for a week and really bowled over by how nice the place was.
It was the nicest apartment I had stayed in. It was extremely clean and everything that we needed was in the apartment, toaster, kettle, coffee maker, microwave, hair dryer. All came as standard. We did not have to hire out a thing.
It is in an excellent location, on the outskirts of the town but only a 2 minute walk to restaurants and bars.
There was plenty of sun loungers around the pool.
We were given a key to the gate so we could get back into the complex after 11 as reception closes but a security guard is on duty.
There were plenty of gates so you just had to choose the closest one to the apartment.
I would highly recomment these apartments to anyone"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of March 2007

First of many visits to La Penita - Excellent!!!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"I had read several great reviews of La Penita on the website and it didn't diappoint. From great location, to cleanliness, it was second to none. This was our third time to Lanzarote and I have to say, La Penita was the most spacious, well maintained apartment so far. We had a ground floor apartment, with access to the main street via a locked gate (which we had a key for). Our beds were changed, bins emptied and floors washed 5 times in the week we were there. The maid was very pleasant and didn't mind being asked to come back at a more convenient time if necessary. Whoever recommended the Mucky Duck, mustn't have explored the island for better service and value, both were terrible!. We did however find several restaurants where breakfast and dinner were both delicious and reasonably priced. Tropical / Chester Fried being our favorite for breakfast. We must recommend Brendan Behans bar in the old town. It is located next door to the shopping centre and value is second to none. They also have live music every night, so on your 'wild nights' definately go there! We loved the cocktails in The Diamond Bar, on the opposite side of the street to La Penita, about 500 yards down. We were put off Lannis on a previous visit and avoiding their restaurants meant we got to try other little gems on the island. Having dinner on the harbour watching the sun go down can't be beaten and standard is fairly good in all restaurants there. We can't wait to go back in September and when we do we'd have no hesitation in staying in La Penita again.(Review written by - Lisa & Tony Tobin)"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of March 2007

La Penita ticks all the boxes for a two key apartment

Good
Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Our apartment was well located on the middle floor and overlooking the pool which meant there was sun all day on the large terrace.

Plenty of space and a well equiped kitchen. Everything worked and it was clean.

Communal areas had plenty of space and were kept very tidy. The swimming pool was a good size but cold.

Reception staff were very helpful but our cleaner seemed a bit grumpy, perhaps because we asked her to come back in 30 minutes.

Well located near to the sea front with plenty of restaurants (especially recommend the Antica Trattoria Verona), shops and supermarkets close by. In general not too noisy but a club or disco somewhere off site was very noisy on Friday and Saturday nights.

Comfortable rather than luxurious, but what do you expect for a two key rating. Would stay again."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of February 2007

excellent location

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"located in the new town area where there are plenty of bars , restaurants and shops to cater for everyone. ideal for couples and families and not the 18 to 25 year olds. old town is approx. 25 minute walk away, but doesnt seem that long when you walk along the sea front.
apartments were good however our room view was not good as we did not overlook the pool where the sun shone till setting about 5pm. we would come back to the penita when we return in september."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of February 2007

Hated La Penita

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Absolutely DISGUSTING apartment, don't know when it had last been cleaned PROPERLY!!!!!!

As for the Mucky Duck, it certainly lives up to it's name "MUCKY"!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of December 2006

My friend and I have stayed at La Penita...

Reviewed Sun 3rd of December 2006

"My friend and I have stayed at La Penita three times now and we plan to go there in 2007. We really love La Penita for the following reasons.

1. Superb location, within easy walking of both old town and newer areas.

2. The apartments are really lovely. Clean, bright, spacious. The lady who cleaned our apartment Cari was always very thorough and pleasant, as are all the staff we came in contact with.

3. The food in the restaurant was always very tasty and well priced.

We have been many places throughout the world and we have once stayed elsewhere while in Lanzarote, but La Penita beats them all by an Irish mile.

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of December 2006