About Hotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort

It’s rare that you come across a four-star resort that packs in as much for its guests as the ClubHotel Riu Paraiso does. Based very close to the well-known Avenida de las Playas, the resort hotel offers everything you could want from a location this good. The journey from nearby Lanzarote Airport in Arrecife is a mere 10 minutes, while the hotel is as close to the beach in Playa de los Pocillos as you could possibly get.
This is a superb resort for families with children of all ages, but it also has a lot to offer to couples looking for somewhere special for their first trip to Lanzarote. Based on the southern side of the island, everything you could want is within easy reach. However you will probably find there is no reason to leave the resort, such is the quality of the service and facilities available here.
The Timanfaya National Park, not to mention Montanas del Fuego, are both within an hour’s drive of the resort, so you have the whole island open to explore as well. This four-star ClubHotel really does tick all the perfect boxes.

Room Information and Room Facilities

The ClubHotel Riu Paraiso has 501 guest rooms in the main building and 97 rooms in the annexe. The main building offers a selection of doubles and suites, while the annexe has some impressive family rooms available.
Tiled or carpeted floors are of the highest quality throughout, while air conditioning and ceiling fans are in a variety of rooms and locations. Every room benefits from either a private terrace area or a private balcony, for those moments when all you require is some peace and quiet and a little time to sit back with a drink or snack.

Facilities, Entertainment, Activities

You won’t be disappointed with the facilities on offer here. For starters there are no fewer than four freshwater pools available to use, not to mention a further two pools especially for the kids. Guests visiting in the winter months will be pleased to hear two of the pools are heated throughout the cooler months of the year. The complex also includes free use of a gym and there is also a bio-sauna on-site.
Those adults wanting a little more TLC while on holiday will love visiting the Body Love health and beauty centre. And with a mere 30-metre walk to complete to reach the famous Playa de los Pocillos beach, there really is plenty to enjoy here.
Guests can also enjoy the discotheque laid on, while it’s easy to get a haircut or wash and blow-dry at the hairdressers provided too. Finally there is a kid’s club and RiuLand available for the little ones to enjoy.

Food and Drink Options

The ClubHotel Riu Paraiso provides an all-inclusive gastronomic experience for all guests. This doesn’t just include meals but also a wide variety of snacks for those moments when you feel a little peckish!
A buffet breakfast is served each day, with cooking stations serving up freshly-cooked food alongside Continental choices and snacks. Buffet options continue to be served up at lunch time and at dinner too, providing light meals, desserts and a thrilling and tasty selection of options to choose from.
Once a week the staff lay on a themed buffet to provide something a little different. Meanwhile there is the option to reserve a table at one of the themed restaurants on-site. These offer Asian or Mexican food as well as a chance to try the RIU World Restaurant selection of mouth-watering dishes. Everyone will find something they love here, whatever time of the day it happens to be.

• heated pool
  • paid internet
  • swimup bar
  • kids club

1935

beautuful grounds

Reviewed Tue 24th of April 2018

"An amazing hotel if only the food was better . The staff work really hard from reception to the room maids, However the bathroom is a disaster the bath is really strange, very narrow and not fully open so quite claustrophobic l I don,t think it has been risk assessed. quite unsafe.The bed and sheets were very hard.With so many visitors the dining room is always full. and it can at times be difficult to find a table,often wondered if it was worth waiting for a table then waiting in the long queues.The 3 specialist restaurants were what you would expect , but the food not much better however the Asian one was a treat, .The service and choice of food was first class,However whilst enjoying our meal we saw a huge cockroach run across the floor. I brought it to the attention who caught it and disposed of it . I wasn,t expecting it as the hotel is very very clean. y last fault I found was that there was only one set of toilets in the main building , none in reception, which I found unusual. Would we go again . sorry the answer is no "

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of June 2017

Great holiday!

Reviewed Wed 21st of September 2016

"This is indeed a lovely, clean, affordable and friendly hotel. On arrival our request for a room in the main hotel because of my husbands walking difficulties was readily accommodated even though the hotel was still quite busy - arrived there on 29th August 2016. When my husband mentioned that we were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, a bottle of champagne was delivered to the room which I thought was a lovely touch! Animation team worked flat out - entertaining the kids/adults during the day and putting on 'all-action' shows at night! Food was delightful with all tastes catered for. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of September 2016

Basics

Reviewed Thu 28th of July 2016

"Did enjoy my stay at this hotel, but just have to voice my frustration on what I feel was a very important basic request. Have a 7 month old baby where getting a good night sleep can already be difficult. My first nights sleep was a bad one, but not due to the baby. The double bed we were given a big dip in it where you can clearly feel the springs as it slopes to one side. Having got reception to agree to change the mattress I later found that nothing had been done. Visited reception a second time, again they said they would change the mattress. They did not change it. Their solution I believe was to stick a blanket under the mattress cover. Made little difference. I chose not to waste anymore of my holiday at reception, so have written this review to inform others instead. BTW it was room 1181."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of July 2016

Two hotels don't fit into one

Reviewed Thu 26th of May 2016

“Two hotels don't fit into one”

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 30 April 2016

When booking into the Riu Paraiso you might be extremely fortunate and get a room in the main hotel. It matters not what your initial booking preferences may have included. We requested a top floor room, overlooking the pool.
Like us, its far more likely you will end up in the adjoining hotel complex which is 200 meters away, along a covered walkway.
In this adjoining complex there is a pool and a pool bar which provides limited snacks and drinks throughout the day, but once it closes at 5.30pm, you can't even get a cup of tea without the long walk to the main hotel.
The same long walk (both ways), is required for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

All the main hotel dining room staff do an excellent job, but its just far too busy at meal times, as it's catering for two hotels.

Unless you can display genuine walking difficulties, all requests for a room change will be refused - we tried twice.

There are two theme restaurants which are certainly worth a visit and the main bar is ran very efficiently - just bear in mind that at the end of the evening there is still the lengthy trek back over the long bridge to your distant room!

Don't think we will be back at this hotel.

Room Tip: Insist on being in the main hotel if you don't want the inconvenient walking to and fro
See more room tips

Also a noteworthy point if you book with Thomson's - Their initial response to a complaint is they that they will reply within 56 days - They never respond after that, so think carefully before booking with them

• Travel date: Sun 1st of May 2016

Fantastic

Reviewed Wed 15th of July 2015

"We have literally just got back of holiday from here just over a week ago and found it absolutely fantastic, would definitely go back again. Reception told us the hotel was completely full, I wouldn't say it was overcrowded as it is such a big hotel, the only part that gets overcrowded is the dining room at meal times but we sat outside. Lovely pools, if you go down to the pools early in the morning you are more likely to get a sunbed however in the afternoon there is always a couple lurking about. Rooms are very clean maids are very good. Entertainment is a bit dull but Puerto del Carmen is only 5mins in a taxi down the road for pubs and restaurants. Overall a lovely hotel!"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of July 2015

Not for disable people

Reviewed Fri 13th of March 2015

"Hotel is ok but it is never a 4 star and the reason being is due to lack of space. I found the hotel very over crowed and my view of hotel stars RATING should be on facility and space per person like the hotel space, sunbeds and not waiting for the restaurant and having long wait to get a drink. We went in JANUARY it was only half booked

Also as a warning for disable people this hotel is like a rabbit warren and that RIU have it seems purchased the hotel next door and combined the two hotels by using a very long walkway / tunnel resulting in over a half mile walk each time you go to the restaurant or wanted a drink.

Also a word of warning as the hotel is quiet crowed (558 rooms around such a small area (About 1500 Guest) RIU have lined up all the sunbeds and placed big block of concrete with umbrellas in so as to wedge in the sunbeds and make it impossible to move them. And if you do not mind walking through a maze to hunt down a sunbeds in the quiet season and then climbing over the front to get on and lay down on the sunbed this is the hotel for You?

The main reason I go on holiday is to eat rest and use the sunbeds and not walk over half mile to get my food and drink and then have to climb over the front of my sunbed to sit down and rest this is why the hotel get a poor review from me

On a final note after traveling with First choice / Tui / Thomson for many years and having a small problem with our holiday I had to deal with their Holiday Rep and as a result I will no longer be traveling with First Choice / Tui / Thomson

Due to lying ethics of two of their reps based in Lanzarote namely the rep manger BETHAN and her staff member KATE who seem to find it ok to lie to cover up for their mistakes and poor training they receive Form TUI. I can live with people making mistakes but not lying to cover their self.

And them when you want to make an official complaint To the Resort Manger BETHAN she tells you they is no complaint procedure and hopes that you forget by the time you get home. In this case I did not and contacted First Choice / Tui / Thomson on my return only for them to believe the lies form these two reps without checking my comments out and actual investigate my complaint. Customer service rep was Gary Eyles

And as such I will not be traveling with First choice / Tui / Thomson anymore
I have since booked my family holiday and what is interesting is that I usually just book with First choice / Tui for the three times a year we go away.

But after my experiences of dealing with their customer services department namely Gary and there reps BETHAN & Kate I have looked elsewhere and it seems that Firstchoice / Tui / Thomsons are very expensive compared with other tour operators

And I have found our family holiday over £300 cheaper with Thomas cook for the same type of hotel & location and even has better reviews on TripAdvisor."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of March 2015

Not for disable people

Reviewed Fri 13th of March 2015

On a final note after traveling with Firstchoice / Tui / Thomsons for many years and having a small problem with our holiday I had to deal with their Holiday Rep and as a result I will no longer be traveling with Firstchoice / Tui / Thomsons

And them when you want to make an official complaint To the Resort Manger BETHAN she tells you they is no complaint procedure and hopes that you forget by the time you get home. In this case I did not and contacted Firstchoice / Tui / Thomsons on my return only for them to believe the lies form these two reps without checking my comments out and actual investigate my complaint. Customer service rep was Gary Eyles

And as such I will not be traveling with Firstchoice / Tui / Thomsons anymore

And I have found our family holiday over £300 cheaper with Thomas cook for the same type of hotel & location and even has better reviews on trip advisor

• Travel date: Fri 13th of March 2015

Stay in the Hotel

Reviewed Fri 5th of August 2011

"First time all inclusive was a fantastic experience at the Riu Paraiso.
Whats the story with the area outside, why is it so run down?
If you want to go for a walk go towards Carmen "

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of August 2011

exellent

Reviewed Mon 24th of January 2011

"Just returned from the Riu paraiso. What more could you ask for? Good food,drinks and wonderfull staff.And if you dont enjoy the entertainment you have no sence of humour.Well worth a visit.Only minor the smell of smoke in the drinking areas.Other than that no complaints."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of January 2011

when can i go back?

Reviewed Mon 25th of October 2010

"maybe the best hotel i have ever stayed in. When you arrive you are welcomed by very friendly and pleasant staff who have your bags taken to your room while they send you to the bar or restaurant for 10mins while they check you in. the food is fantastic such a wide range of choice and all cooked rights in front of your eyes. The rooms are spotless and very nice. now my favorite place in the hotel the BAR the bar staff are so friendly as is everyone in the hotel you can get any type of drink you can think of the bar closes at 12.00 if you have not had enough yet they have a disco which runs till 2am also all free drinks which is very fun. every night at 9.30 they have entertainment in the lounge which was really good every night. if you are bringing children they should love it the hotel reps were 5star always around taking the kids for games and also adults. the beach is 2mins walk away if you use the back door which is easy to get to. so i say this hotel is for any age range young to old i will most definitely be booking at the Riu Paraiso again maybe next week ha ha."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of October 2010

Great Value!

Reviewed Fri 30th of July 2010

"We've just returned from a fortnight away at Hotel Riu Paraiso.
We were a family of 5; 2 adults, 2 young adults (early 20's) and one teenager (16) looking for a relatively cheap, relaxing holiday and I can safely say this is what we got.

The Hotel
Reception was very accommodating, internet access at 1 euro for 15 minutes, comfy sofas and very helpful and friendly staff. All reception staff speak german, english, spanish and french; quite impressive.

The hotel was originally two hotels as it was very spaced out. The main hotel was where the restaurants, theatre, main bar, main pool and where the entertainment staff would be. This part of the hotel was always busy and had a nice atmosphere.

The other side of the hotel was much quieter, only the other pool and snack bar were situated there. With exception to the gym, hair salon and gift shop that only opened for a few hours a day.

A word of warning - if you're not very mobile ask your travel agent to book you a room closer to reception as some rooms are quite far away from the main area of the hotel.

We were in room 3387 which was at the far end of the resort and close to the quieter pool. This suited us fine as there was a snack bar that opened at 10am and served hot and cold drinks from this time and food from 12 noon - 3pm.

We spent a lot of time at this pool as it was so close to our room. The one problem that really peaved us off was that everyone put towels on the sun loungers VERY early in the mornings and if you didn't get up, you didn't get a good spot. This did ruin the holiday as we frequently found ourselves doing the same to ensure we would also get a good spot.

The room
Our room was very nice - facing the beach on the top floor. The rooms are a little dated and not up to the technical specifications like home of course, but they were very clean with a maid service everyday. There were two English TV channels - BBC news and Sky News.

The food
The main restaurant food was very good, most of the salads became a little repetitive but they did change the menu each night to keep everyone happy. Food ranged from beef, lamb, fish, lasagne, chips, soups, pizza (the usual really).
The Mexican and Chinese restaurants were also very good - these you have to book at reception. We were told to do this early on as they booked up quickly but this wasn't the case for us.

The entertainment
The entertainment was actually very good! we were pleasantly surprised. Their was a variety of acts from dancing to singing and variety performances.

The Nightclub
This is the one thing our teenager wanted to do and where she spent most of her time! The nightclub was very good, a safe environment for the younger adults to hang out and make friends. It opened at 11pm - 2am Monday - Saturday.

would we go again? Probably not, but i would recommend it to families with young children as the entertainment staff were superb!!"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of July 2010

Simply the best

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"Just come home from the riu paraiso , 60% german but they were no probs , plenty of sunbeds , great hotel , very polite staff , ( jesus is great on the bar ) im so sad that we have come home , food can be a bit repetative , but there is plenty of choice , loads to do , entertainment staff work there socks off , a bit out of the way - 10/15 min walk to the shops but that suits me .
free bottled water for the whole of your hols , but who needs water when the beer is help yourself , take your own pint glass as the only have small glasses.

very laid back and relaxed hotel

Dave , Jackie , Luke 16 , Ryan 14 "

• Travel date: Wed 21st of July 2010

Hotels near Hotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort

Top traveller tips for Hotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort

• Inge by Inge

"How about going here again? "

• dave by dave

"you will enjoy this unless you are a freak "

• A Zold by A Zold

"yes, recommended for younger children "

• Shirley tobia by Shirley tobia

"Ask for a room in the main part because as nice as the other part of the hotel is, its an awful long walk to all the facilities "

Hotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort is also called