About Hotel Puerto Carmen

• table tennis
  • spanish amenities
  • paid internet
  • tennis court
  • free public parking nearby
  • billiards
  • canoeing amenities
  • snorkeling amenities
  • solarium
  • diving

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"When we arrived in the complex we found our apartment to be dirty and the bed sheets and towels worn and stained, their was a strong smell of sewage coming from the bathroom and an eery atmosphere within the complex itself. The pool was absolutley freezing and their was no pool side snacks readily available, very poor bar service also. On the third night of our stay we went for dinner at 8.30pm and returned at 10.00pm only to find our apartment had been burgaled, their was no forced entry and all our belongings were laid out on the bed, luckely the safety deposit box had not been broken into otherwise we would have been left with no money. I asked to be moved from the complex that night as i did not feel safe there, we were told we couldnt see our rep until the next day and had to spend a restless nite within the complex. The rep was not very sympathtic when we told her what happened the next day, she just said no money was taken so we didnt have to worry. I am not a satisfied customer myself and my boyfriend saved for months to come to lanzarote and we did not want to spend our holiday in police stations, and chasing holiday reps. Stay clear of this resort it is filthy dirty and completley unsafe. Do not stay here !!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 6th of October 2012

do not do half board be warned

Reviewed Thu 8th of September 2011

"Ive never been to a hotel that has no selection of any choice of food to eat.all of the equipment that should of had food in it was covered up. There was only four small size containers to get a dinner from. Every day the same 2 choice of stater. Salad or soup. Desserts ice cream, melon or chocolate or vanilla dessert from the week before and the only choice of chips, carrots . Whist there was no menu. Behind the four little containers were uncook steak put that was for the staff not paying customers. The food was digusting and you will be ripped off.self catering guests went down the stairs to hell( the resturant) and ran up the stairs with shock. the care taker/ barman( george) has a temper , he itimitdated and threated my 12 yr old son. He is a bully and should not be working with the general public. the showers outside pool do not work . We were there for 11 days and we had to eat out because of the limited amount of food. I have never gone to a hotel and had this problem. Pool is not heated and hotel accodation is a dump.stay clear of this place . The only nice people was the receptionist erica. "

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2011

aparthotel

Reviewed Tue 27th of September 2011

"ive just come home from the aparthotel and loved it, we went for two weeks self catering. The hotel is clean and tidy. The pool area is lovely with a large pool the water was a bit cold. The hotel is situated in a great spot just between the new and old town, the bars and restuarants around are great and the range of food is good. I will be returning next year the holiday was great."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of July 2011

Get us out of here

Reviewed Tue 26th of July 2011

"After reading the reviews about this complexe, myself and my family along with my sister and her family decided to take a chance on these apartments. Big mistake, big big mistake. Ok they were cheap but that is no excuse for filth. We went straight to the supermarket and bought cleaning products and asked the reception to send someone to come and sweep them. But after pulling back the sheets in my kids bedroom and finding them soaked in a pool of blood it was time to get out of there. We were placed at the back in the 500 block and you had to dodge the bushes with the thorns situated outside. The door looked like it had been kicked in a few times and half the lights didn't work. We paid extra to get moved and ended up at the Aquarias Las Lomas which is rated only a 2 star but it was like luxury compared to the Puerto del Carmen aparthotel. "

• Travel date: Thu 21st of July 2011

Not as bad as some reviews would have you believe

Reviewed Wed 24th of June 2009

"Just back from a week in Puerto Carmen Aparthotel, and I have to say I am glad I didn’t let all the bad reviews put me off. We found it to be clean, friendly and a really nice spot to stay. If you are going on holidays to sit in boiling the kettle to make tea, watch telly and look at the décor, then it’s probably not the place for you. It is no different to any other self catering apartment really – you get a fridge, kettle, microwave and two ring hob. It is two story so you get either ground floor with terrace or first floor with balcony. When we arrived we were allocated a ground floor apartment and when I asked for it to be changed to have a balcony the girl on reception changed it no problem. (I didn’t want to be overlooked but as it turned out - if you have a balcony, they are constructed in such a way that you can’t see the terrace of the apartment below you.) The staff were really friendly and helpful (and did speak English). I had thought with all the complaints by other reviewers about the hill you had to climb, and having to get taxis that it must be really out in the sticks, but it is only a 5 minute walk to the old town or to the main strip. And no the hill is not that bad. The pool and the area around the pool were cleaned daily, loads of sun loungers available and you can also lie out in the garden area away from the pool if you want. The bar had nice snacks like toasted sandwiches, burgers etc. which was very handy although they didn’t open until 1.30 pm and are closed on Friday. Entertainment didn’t look great but maybe it improves in high season, but we were out to eat and wander about in the evenings anyway so probably wouldn’t be bothered if there was no entertainment. The place was not full while we were there, but I can imagine in July / August when it is full that the pool might be a little small. Bottom line - if you are looking for 5 star luxury accomodation this is not it, but it is a really nice cheap and cheerful place to stay. The reviews have taught me one thing – don’t let other people’s bad experiences put you off. "

• Travel date: Wed 24th of June 2009

i'd rather be at work

Reviewed Wed 6th of May 2009

"we booked a break while my daughter was on hols from university on arrival we were given the keys to apartment 129 a 2bed ground floor apartment we opened the door very easily as the lock was unstable the apartment was dark and the furniture the worst iv seen the bedroom for my daughter had too small single beds for children aged 3/4 years only the window did not lock and the outlook was wasteland we went back to reception and ask for apartment on ist floor as the were only 1 bed i had to sign to say i would accept 1 bed apartment , we moved our belonging into apartment 201 this was also shabby the TV is 3 euros a day and the only channel is euro sport with an unwatchable screen we stayed there one night as my partner and daut were sitting eating and she saw 2 of the biggest cochroaces you have ever seen we went to reception and they moved us to apartment 209 this was facing the road and we had to buy ear pluggs to sleep these apartments are the worst i have ever seen in my 12 years of going to lanzarote we moved out of the apartments on monday which ment the first 3 days of our holiday was ruined the apartment have no facilties are old and worn and the other holiday makers seemed like rough irish families the are below budget standard and if you have booked a holiday here CHANGE YOUR BOOKING NOW!!! do not go to this complex even if it is free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of May 2009

Arrived to our apartments at 10.30 greet...

Reviewed Sun 18th of May 2008

"Arrived to our apartments at 10.30 greeted by a grumpy and uniterested receptionist who was to eager to return to eaten a sandwich than helping ourselfs and fellow families to find our apartments.when asked for further help she than asked if we were stupit not a great start to our week of sun.
apartment was shabby dirty and overall unappealing.
kitchen and bathroom were dirty.cutelery and delph were un-useable.
poor storage in second bedroom only plastic shelf.
two of the beds had torn sheets handle on bathroom door broken.
apartments not cleaned on mondays and fridays due to staff days off.
safe not available first day.
only 2english language stations available on telly sky news and cnn the rest was spanish.
no enetertainment at night pool bar was dead due to this.
apartments to far away from everthing which wasnt stated with budget.
food not nice in pool bar.
pool was been worked on while kids were in it they were retiling bits of it which should not have been done while been in use.
pool dirty and sun loungers falling apart.
staff not nice and not helpfull.
ADVISE DO NOT GO TO THESE APARTMENTS.AND DONT BOOK WITH BUDGET "

• Travel date: Sun 18th of May 2008

Returned last week from this hotel. Fi...

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2007

"Returned last week from this hotel.

Firstly Lanzarote in general. Went on a camel, it’s a must do,seriously great!
The caves [north] of the island were pretty good too unless you are claustrophobic. The Brendan Behan Bar is good for karaoke- still going at 2/3 am!

The volcano ~ Parque Nacional Timanfaya. You have to go there, its brilliant. A volcano cooks your food and there is a free bus ride around the volcanoes; again a must do.

In October, we had 30- 35 degrees so be warned, nice weather never even cold at night!

The apartments: they were fairly basic with small kid’s beds which were ok if you have small kiddies. The master rooms are spacious and nice too and have comfortable beds. The TV is topped up by euros, which work well if you want the TV on for 30 mins etc. Lots to hire even children’s buggies and wheels.

Bar food is nice and all staff are really friendly. Happy hour the first week so check before ordering! Ended up with double as its buy 1, get 1 free. Bring resealable bags for food as ants are about but its not the apartments fault its Lanzarote. Only small ants anyway.

Shops locally are okay, Netto's opposite and Spar around the corner- is cheaper!
There is an Italian restaurant, I think its called Trusilla, don’t judge a book by its cover; the food is really nice and recommended.

To be typically english like us, go to the harbour for a roast, there is a carvery and its lovely. Pork, lamb, chicken/ turkey and everything you can ask for.

The boat trips are also good. Taxis are cheap, 2 euros 50 to get to the harbour. Really worth it after a few beers. I would recommend car hire if you are wanting to visit camels etc as its spread out from caves and its worth looking around the island - its really not huge although it looks like taxis are for full day hire with a chauffeur. Practice Spanish, it may help but most staff everywhere are great. The gardener at the hotel is Spanish and doesn’t understand a word of english, he was read the 3 little pigs by a 3 yr old! I’m sure he was impressed.

Hope you like you stay!

• Travel date: Fri 26th of October 2007

I have just returned from my holidays to...

Reviewed Fri 21st of September 2007

"I have just returned from my holidays today :(

Myself and my boyfriend stayed in these apartments and they were great, the maid service was excellent the pool area is fab the staff are very helpful. I would strongly recommend going to the waterpark, a market and karting although it is expensive enough 15 euro for 8 minutes the experience is class the track is certainly one you wont forget and you can get a taxi from the apartments to it for ten euro.

I would definitely go back to these apartments and I strongly recommend visiting Nellys Irish Bar in the old town its a great bar."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of September 2007

I've just returned today with my husband...

Reviewed Fri 31st of August 2007

"I've just returned today with my husband from Puerto Del Carmen 2nd year in a row, and the first time we've stayed in this holiday complex. I can't praise it enough. The staff were lovely and obliging.

Our apartment was located near the rear of the Complex, and suited us to the ground. As mentioned on another Review the television now costs 1 euro for 40 minutes(whether on standby or not), and 3 Euros for 24 hrs.

Channels include the usual Local Channels, SKY News, Sky Sports 1,and SKY One .

The Complex is not actually that close to the beach.. but a Taxi is cheap.. the "Biosphera" Shopping Complex is about a 10 min. walk and has a good range of shops. Timberland, Zara and Boutiques...reasonably priced.

I would recommend this location to anyone who does not want to be in the Centre, but like I already said a taxi can be easily stopped on the road.

We would and intend to return next summer again...

I can't really find any fault with the Complex it suited our needs perfectly."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

Trevors review

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Tho holiday was good. We stayed a week it was cleaned 5 times in the week. The bar food wasnt great,and neither was the music.The pool was cleaned every day early in the morning.My daughter (12) made friends.The entertainment was VERY POOR at the complex.Daytimes adult and teens games none existent.Id advise you to go to the Bodega san jose by the harbour recommended 100% for a very good feed.Recommend 100% Flanagans bar for a great laugh nightly drag artist.El tomatoe rest excellent for pizza and pasta.But service is poor.Id advice the bungee jump by the shopping centre for all ages 5euro.Taxis 2.50c.Mulligans for Irish music for parents.
overall really enjoyed it."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of June 2007

(A Total nightmare)

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Everyone said when we told them we were goin to Lanzarote.... "lanzarotes a great place you'll love it when you get there" so me and my family thought it would be brilliant. well it wasn't!....It was a nightmare....to start with my granny was with us and she found it hard to climb the 21 steps up to reception and then the other about 10 to get to our room (which was very difficult to drag suitcases up)...We where in the middle of no-mans land and we had to climb a hill to either get to old town or new town which was about 10 mins walk.....the entertainment was absoulutely rubbish!!....karoke was on like every night and no-one sang....a man even came to sing and he sang in half spanish half english which never entertained anyone....all the children where under the age of 10 and had kiddies club which was ok...But for teens like me there was nothing for us to do... The pool was a bit dirty which gave me and my 2 sisters ear infections and we had to go to a doctor but the slide was really good fun....Overall we didn't have a good holiday that we expected and i wont be coming back again!"

• Travel date: Wed 14th of March 2007

Hotels near Hotel Puerto Carmen

Top traveller tips for Hotel Puerto Carmen

• K Moen by K Moen

"Hired bikes one day and cycled to Arrecife. Lovely beaches along the way. "

•  kylri by kylri

"near shopping street but up a hill "

• Lisa Mitchell by Lisa Mitchell

"JUST DONT STAY THERE ITS A DUMP "

Hotel Puerto Carmen is also called