Poor value for money

Reviewed Mon 9th of September 2013

"Where do I begin, this hotel is the worst I have ever stayed in!!!
The bed sheets were grey not white and only changed every 4 days not 2.
The cleaner mopped the pool area daily with a black rotten stinky mop that smelt of cheese, this smell lingered throughout the day whilst you sunbathed. No ashtray's for people that did smoke so as a non smoker was not impressed at the fact plastic cups had to be used and left lying around pool area full of dog-ends.
Only one bartender every night to serve around 100 people so u spent most nights waiting to be served. Only one rep for entertainment who seemed to entertain you if you were around 17-25 years old. anyone else wasnt worthy of his attention. Entertainment consisted of a 15min game of bingo nightly followed by a quiz most nights.
The food was so repetitive after the first week we ended up going out for meals rather than face the usual pasta,pasta sauce,salad or chips.
This hotel has a rating of 3 stars but ideally should really only be a 1 or 2,it needs to be rated again the standards are so low."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of September 2013

NOT what we expected!

Reviewed Tue 27th of August 2013

"5 of us went away for a week here, we paid over the top money for a "hotel" whch turned out to be apartments!. we got their for 12am and checked in, we had 2 rooms, one for me ad my siblings and my mum and stepdad seperate, we were totally shocked by the rooms! they smelt, dirty, no air con what so ever! and just typically shocking!. the " entertainment" was bingo that was it really every single night! their is a board in reception telling you what is on each night and i can honestly say 1 night out of the 7 one of them entertainement nights actually happened! the bar shuts at 11pm and i could not believe the rudeness of the staff. they were shutting the shutter doors in peoples faces soon as 11pm hit! so shocking. the rep their who was meant to be fun did 1 game the whole week for the whole hotel to join in and was very cocky and rude speaking to him, the food was not the best, very reputative same food every single night, i avoided breakfast completely and they even charge for crisp and chcolate. the only good thing i will say is the maid is very friendly and does clean your room often, the pool is very very nice and cleaned everyday and weather is lovely but the hotel is far from any nightlife the old town was dead and was a good half an hour walk to the new town, the beach was miles away to. all in all this holiday is not what people expect we met a lovely scottish couple who were very dissapointed the first day! and they have to spend 2 weeks their, NOT worth the money at all, i wont be going their again!"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of August 2013

Los fiascos

Reviewed Thu 27th of June 2013

"Two words of advice, don't bother.
Just returned from this hotel what a disappointment
The place is dirty the pool smelled, all drinks served in small
Plastic cups.

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of June 2013

Good value for money

Reviewed Mon 4th of February 2013

"Just returned from Los Fiscos. Hotel was fine, we had a lovely large room near the bar, no problem with noise as all music was switched off at 11 pm.food was ok, breakfasts very good, other food acceptable, lots of salad, pasta etc, and fish and meat choice every day. I found the staff very helpful and polite , the two drink rule was a bit tedious, as we're the plastic cups, but we soon worked out a system and never went thirsty ! The hotel is at the top of a hill, but that meant we had lovely..if windy views, weather a bit hit and miss, but you can't blame the hotel for that! Loved it there and will definitely return."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of February 2013

Purgatory

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"This hotel is high up a hill a challenging walk to the beach. It is clean and the rooms are large. However, there is a bar which plays loud music until 11 each night. Reception refused to move us away from the noise and the bar is playing the music at maximum volume even after being asked to put it down. The noise goes on throughout the day, getting louder at night.
Facilities like kettles and wifi are available but always at a cost. "

• Travel date: Wed 12th of December 2012

los fiscos holiday

Reviewed Mon 16th of April 2012

"We had a great holiday at los fiscos the food was lovely and we were spoilt for choice the rooms were clean and light with bedding and towels changed every other day the staff were very helpful and friendly the activities around the pool were great fun and charlie who organised them is an asset to any hotel we are hoping to come back again soon from maureen peter gill and mel from the isle of wight"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of April 2012

great cheap break

Reviewed Thu 18th of August 2011

"having just returned 14/08/2011..having read some rather bad reviews it came as a pleasant surprise how good this holiday was...place is under new management apparently....okay some pros and cons to help others decide if this is for you

pros...clean and tidy accomodation,nice pool area with plenty of sun loungers.really friendly staff, especially young guys behind pool bar..Juan will keep the young ladies busy dreamily gazing at his latin looks!!as well as working his socks off..always with a smile!
special mention too for the entertainments officer Eric..just a real top bloke! always up 4 a bit of banter and a laugh (cheers for the late night (push )dip on my last night eric!! lol good memories)...he organises archery,rifle shooting,pool,darts,shoo -in comps as well as evening bingo and some fun games and quizzes..take part and have some fun or be a wallflower ..up to you!
food was not always to everyones liking but personally speaking myself wife and 2 daughters never went hungry..and staff were great!
cons....some steep hills which may not suit more elderly folk...small beach was about a brisk 10 min walk away..larger beach was about 20..drinks at pool bar were served in small plastic cups not great at night as bar could be busy but service was good and this gave folk chance to get to know each other a bit.. was some reports of a few break ins in the week previous to us arriving but never had a problem with security personally...just be aware! all in all for a cheap all inclusive not much too complain about really,we met some real nice people and everyone got on great.we had a great time all in all.. "

• Travel date: Sun 14th of August 2011

Be security aware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Mon 1st of August 2011

"Please anyone going to Los Fiscos be very aware of your security & buy a safe. Myself, my husband & 2 kids were awoken by a strange noise at the door in the apartment so I got up to see what it was to find a man in our living area! We were very lucky as I managed to scare him off but others before us were not so fortunate. The side doors leading onto the street were left open 24/7 leaving the apartments very vulnerable to holiday makers. The hotel did start closing them on an evening after our incident but if you get there & find them open again I would recommend you ask them to be closed as they should be.
The lady in the dining room was extremely rude as well as the manager Arian who has no customer relation skills whatsoever.
Erik the entertainment guy was great & does all the activities on his own (no entertainment sundays). Juan the barman is great & works very hard.
The apartment we were in had 2 bedrooms and was very clean & spacious although some people may struggle to carry heavy suitcases up a spiral staircase.
Food was ok but nothing special and very repetitive.
We were all inclusive and had to check out at 12 noon. Our transfer wasnt till 1820 and we were told that we couldnt use restaurant, have drinks or use pool area & we could only stay in reception which is very, very poor. The waiter actually got a hold of my son & took him to reception and cut off his wristband!
The hotel itself is OK but the security & management leaves a lot to desire!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2011

Just ok..........

Reviewed Mon 27th of June 2011

"Ok, booked this as a last min, all inclusive holiday for myself & my husband with Lo cost holidays, for a weeks break in the sun to recuperate after quite a few op's I've had recently, didn't expect much, flew with Monarch, no probs and had booked a shuttle service to transfer us when we got there.

Was a bit confusing when we arrived as didn't know where to get the shuttle, but after asking a Thomson Rep she directed us to the "Urbis kiosk" which is to the right where all the Reps stand & the last kiosk on the left!

When we got to the hotel, we were checked in by 2 girls & directed to room 157, all I will say is we holiday a lot & don't mind an average room just to sleep in & basically change, but when I walked into this room I sat down & cried for the 1st time ever on a holiday!
I had booked a 1 bedroom apartment, with double bed, sitting area & kitchen, mainly as I had to store medication, this room was a shoebox with 2 single beds, a Tv on a cupboard & a tiny bathroom,with the hairdryer cable wired into the back of the plug, next to the sink, stuck to the right underneath the pool area, with a brick wall as a view!

On going back to reception, I explained I had never complained in my life on a holiday but that was just NOT what I paid for & asked for a room change!
Believe me, I am not a moaner & always make the best of a holiday, but I was literally snapped at by the manager & the reception girl with the glasses on, they were full up & I was in a 1 bedroom apartment!
They told me to come back the next day & see what they could do!

Having a quick walk around, my husband & I soon realised there were plenty of empty apartments, so went back to reception, to change rooms, again all I can say is she blatantly didn't care & told us to come back the next day & she would leave a note!

To cut our 1st 24 hours of hell short, when we went back the next day a man was on reception, who was lovely, he said no note had been left but to give him half an hour & he would sort it out, which he did, but we felt this could have been done the day before!

The rooms are very basic, do watch out for the odd cockroach, if your on the ground floor, as we were! Also no air conditioning, we didn't even have a ceiling fan in our room, of course you can pay at reception to hire a desk fan,(con!) it was not plesant going to sleep at night, it was like sleeping in an oven!

Didn't have a prob with getting a sun lounger the first few days, but it did start filling up over the week & we had to start getting up earlier to put a towel out, the main problem was then "Brolly wars" it hit 42% while we were there & after setting up the lounger with a brolly over it in the morning we would go off to breakfast, come back & some1 had pinched it!

Im not a fussy eater, but the food was just ok, I can't believe the reviews of people who say it was excellent & this is from some1 who didn't realise at the time, was staying in the "First Choice Holiday Village" in Turkey which was highlighted not long ago for causing thousands of food poisoning cases, I thought their food was better!

Watch out for the water cooler in the restaurant, all you get out of it is boiled water!

The rest of the staff were lovely, the lads behind the bar, the restaurant staff & the maids who come every other day!

It is right at the top of a very steep hill & yes if you have walking problems this is not the hotel for you as there are lots of steps around the complex, we would walk down the hill most days & get a taxi back which is as others say, only a couple of Euro's!

Entertainment ok, were just a couple in our 40's with grown up kids, so they don't come anymore, but watching families with little one's, kids disco starts about half 8 with about 4 songs, then its Bingo at half 9, then its the usual parrot show etc, Bar shuts at 11, we only stayed in twice during the week, as drinking thimble fulls of drinks out of plastic cups got very monotonous, especially when they kept running out of ice!

To sum up, its as I say, just an ok place, would I go back, I really dont know, if I did I certainly wouldn't bother with the all inclusive here!
God help you if you have a problem & you have to go to reception & deal with the receptionist from hell, several times over the week people were complaining about her & we were told at 1 point she simply says "she doesn't care!"

At the end of the day a holiday is what you make of it, we met lots of nice people over the week & spent many a day just chatting round the pool so that helped, good luck & hope you have a trouble free holiday if your going here!

• Travel date: Sat 25th of June 2011

Fantastic!

Reviewed Tue 15th of March 2011

"We wanted a time out holiday to recharge and thats what we got. The appartments were very clean and spacious. Staff very helpfull amd friendly.The food wonderful, such a selection for breakfast, lunch and evening meal. Views from appartment were pamaramic,a clear view of volcanos and sea.The entertainment was fun too.There were a lot of steps but that is indecated in the general write up of hotel. The only fault was the pool was so cold but other than that a terrific holiday and great value for money. We would go again and would recommend this hotel to others.

A must do.....short south tour with a camel ride!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of March 2011

Fantastic Holiday

Reviewed Tue 28th of April 2009

"Me and my boyfriend (aged 18) went to Los Fiscos in September last year and had a lovely
holiday. We arrived in the late evening and were thrilled to find that there
were two platters of food waiting for us for dinner which the night receptionist
showed us to.

We had a fantastic room which included a very large living area, adequately sized bedroom,
clean bathroom and even a large cooking area (however we didnt use this as we went
all inclusive)
The staff were very friendly and were always willing to help. Gave generous amounts of drink (not watered down) and didnt lose their temper when we lost about 4 table tennis balls!!

Room was cleaned daily, plenty of sunbeds and a large pool (however the pool was quite cold!)
Had a wide variety of fresh food which we thoroughly enjoyed.

The hotel entertainment wasnt amazing but was easy listening and there was something on every night.

There was a play area for children and a childrens club which included different activities such as playing sports etc.

There was a free bus service into the town which is not really walking distance.
The beach was lovely and clean. The weather was, for the most part, fantastic.

The actual town of Puerto Del Carmen had much to do. Numerous Mini Golfs, a casino, good nightlife, bars, cafes and hundreds of little shops which we enjoyed looking round.

Overal we had a lovely time and we would highly recommend it to those looking for a relaxing getaway, couples, families and those looking for nightlife as the actual town was buzzing!

Hope this helps and you enjoy your holiday!"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of April 2009

We set off on our holiday me and my boyf...

Reviewed Sun 31st of August 2008

"We set off on our holiday me and my boyfriend arrived kinda late to the hotel probley about 12 at night we wer greeted by the night porter he gave us our key and showed us to our room it was a nice room wit see views from the balcony after we dropped in our things we went back down to the reception and the night porter had dinner ready on arrival as we wer all inclusive!!!!

pool area

I have to say the pool area was lovely an very clean all around the sun loungers. Drinks free all day long wat ever you want from beer to soft drinks (all inclusive only)...
the one thing was tat the pool was 1 dept only an we couldnt touch the ground anywere in the pool but it fine the pool was full wit people so they must have not been to bothered by it.....

All inclusive meals

Breakfast was at 8 am to 10.15 am
Lunch was at 1pm
Dinner from 7pm
Snacks all day at the pool bar

In my opinion im not one for trying different food i have to say i didn't really like the food at dinner time but they did have a nice variety and laid it out lovely but i have to say the staff wer helpfull 100% and kept everything in the restraunt very clean....

rooms..

The rooms wer nice no complaints really we had our room cleaned about 3 times in 7 days which was good clean towels too.... one thing was there was no air conditioning only a small fan on the ceiling which didn't do too much but over all i was happy.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

Hotels near Blue Sea Los Fiscos

Top traveller tips for Blue Sea Los Fiscos

• Dee by Dee

"A great place for recharging your batteries, We want to return next year "

• carrie by carrie

"Get a safe & always keep door locked! "

• adam(stevie wonder!) by adam(stevie wonder!)

"get involved with activities and visit the volcano at national park by coach "

• penn by penn

"join in with the fun and get to know everyone "

• Gwynneth D by Gwynneth D

"Book a different hotel "

• Travorbit by Travorbit

"Remember the price you paid for the holiday. "

• Peggysue1 by Peggysue1

"Go to any where but here. "

• Becky L by Becky L

"dont expect alot and bring alot of money to eat out lol! "

Blue Sea Los Fiscos is also called