Recommended

Reviewed Sat 24th of January 2009

"Great location in centre of old town, close to shops, bars and restaurants. Apartment was very clean, sheets and towels changed daily. Before left UK had read pretty poor reviews regarding the bathrooms. The bath itself was not very inviting to use; just needs replacing. Stayed on 5th floor, fantastic views of ocean and harbour. Friendly, helpful staff, would definitely recommend and when I visit Lanzarote again I will probably stay at Aquarius. "

• Travel date: Sat 24th of January 2009

Really pleasantly surprised

Reviewed Fri 16th of January 2009

"We booked a cheap Winter sun holiday and this hotel kept coming up as the cheapest. Having read some of the reviews I was a bit unsure what to expect but we thought it was lovely. Having read some other reviews we requested the 6th floor which we were given and the views really are stunning. The hotel is in a faily quiet part of town yet there are plenty of bars and restaurants right next to the hotel. We didn't expect much from the food but again were pleasantly surprised. There was plenty of choice both at breakfast and in the evening although desserts could be a little better.
On a good day we hired a car and went to Famara Beach at the North of the island - it's an unspoilt, gorgeous sandy beach which is a favourite with surfers. We had some lunch there too which was fantastic.
All in all a lovely, relaxing stay, just a shame the weather wasn't fantastic! We would definitely visit again. "

• Travel date: Fri 16th of January 2009

The Ideal Place

Reviewed Sun 7th of December 2008

"This was our second visit to the Aquarius Apartments, and we requested one on the top floor, we were allocated one on the 5 level superb seaview, they all have a balcony or terrace. The rooms are spacious and well equiped with everying you need, settee and armchair, flat screen tv, dining table and chairs, electric cooker, microwave, kettle, iron and board, hairdryer and 2 ceiling fans, the bathroom has bath with shower attachment, handbasin, a supply of towels and complimentary shampoo, comb, tissues etc. the room also has a safe 22Euro a week + 5Euro refundable deposit. We did not dine in the complex as we prefer to have a healthy Breakfast and Lunch of cereals, fruit and salads etc on the terrace and eat out each evening. We also did not stay for the Entertainment in the evening which seemed a little low key. We made our own travel arrangements, cab from the airport was 15 Euro we also caught the bus to Teguise Sunday market, bus starts just above the hotel 2.6 Euros each way. Restaurants and evening entertainment you spoilt for choice. "

• Travel date: Sun 7th of December 2008

Simply The Best

Reviewed Thu 23rd of October 2008

"Since I know how important these forums are (as I work for http://www.hsamuel.co.uk and http://www.ernestjones.co.uk within an online marketing field) I wanted to add some useful comments about this place straight away!

So WOW where do I start?!!!

The holiday was simply fantastic! I went with my girlfriend on our first holiday together and we both loved every minute of it!

Why?

The set of apartments we stayed in was fabolous. All ocean-facing and most with some very nice views. We could see the mountains, the pool, the ocean and a fair chunk of the harbour too.

The room was spacious - we had own bedroom, bathroom, kitchen area fully equipped with just about everything needed for self-catering (not that we were) and living room. We even had our own balcony and although not entirely secluded from others it certainly felt like it.

The food - WOW - now I have to say I love food generally so to say this food was exceptional really goes a long way. We stayed half-board so breakfast filled us up til dinner and dinner filled us up til breakfast. A large selection of food for both breakfast and dinner. Only downside is that this isnt suitable for vegetarians (but then why would you book half-board if you're vege?)

The staff were friendly as ever and despite a language barrier with some, this really didnt seem to matter.

The location - right by the harbour and despite some off season building work, I dont think we could have found a better location.

Facillities - lots of sun loungers and all by a lovely pool - although slightly on the cool side (the north atlantic sea was far hotter). Pool table, table tennis, and internet was all readily available.

Entertainment - depends what you like but you cant honestly expect much staying in a 3* hotel in Lanzarote... some people didnt like some of the entertainment for example the bingo but i thought it was a quite fun. A magic show, some spanish dancers and a musical quiz (which we won :O) was just some of the other evening entertainment available

Other points of information:

Bars/clubs - Ceasers and Nicky Beach were the two recommended as these didnt let us down in the slightest. Great places to go, good service, good music and plenty of taxis on the way home (which were also very cheap) but then I do live in London.

Beach - 10-15 minutes once we learnt the short cuts

Tours - Booked within the hotel - we went on the grand tour (most expensive and a whole day but certainly very worthwhile and also a lovely tour guide who made the experience even better)

The downside... the girlfriend (only kidding). To be honest there wasnt one and if I had to say something it would be me being extremely picky like the toilet seat didnt stay upright (male perspective here).

So all in all all I have to say is WOW. This was a 3* set of apartments and it felt like it should be more.

The holiday was fantastic and I would certainly come again and recommend it to others.

• Travel date: Tue 21st of October 2008

Aquarius app

Reviewed Wed 15th of October 2008

"My boyfriend and i (both 19) just came back from here. We really enjoyed it! Our flights were a bit of a nightmare but that had nothing to do with the Appartments. They were very nice, clean, comfortable, pretty basic.
It is a 2 minute walk to the harbour where there are loads of restaurants, henna tatto, swing park, beautiful views.We ate in a couple of nice places there. 5 min walk up the hill there is a nice, small shopping centre with various shops inc Zara which was amazing. After the shopping centre round the corner, there is a 10/15 minute walk down hill to main strip, beach ect.
Over all, it was our 1st holiday together and it was brilliant!!"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of October 2008

This is the first holiday me and my boyf...

Good
Reviewed Fri 12th of September 2008

"This is the first holiday me and my boyfriend have gone on together (24yr + 26yr old) and we had a brilliant time. Do not be put off by reviews written before - people who found fault with the hotel were either extreamly unlucky or just grumpy Victor Meldrews who find fault where ever they go! The staff are very helpfull and put your needs first. Safes are available to rent for 23euros a week in your rooms.

The hotel is very child friendly with entertainment provided on an evening as well as a heated childrens pool. There is also a life guard which is re-assuring throughout the pools opening times (10am-6pm), however saying this you can lie around the pool on the loungers earlier or later than this. There are plenty of sun beds to go around, never once did we struggle to get one, although there are only a handfull of parasols.

We were very lucky to be on a ground floor (rm101) so didn't have far to walk to the bar/pool. There isn't any lifts at the hotel so if you are on the top floor be warned pack lightly although the views are amazing. The apartments have eveything you need hairdryer/iron etc as well as cooking equipment for people who are going SC. The cleaners came everyday and we had fresh towels and sheets daily.

Going all inclusive is well worth it - all your drinks (local beers wines,spirtis and softdrinks) are available up until 11pm and ice-creams. Breakfast is continental style although full english is available. Lunch is a salad buffet style with pasta and meats etc. Only dinner is abit hit and miss with some strange dishes available however the hotel does have to cater for all nationalities so its not too bad really. There is also a pool snack bar open from 1pm-4.30pm but you have to pay for this. Drinks to buy are quite expensive but there is a supermarket 5mins down the rd where you can stock up on things.

The old town is full of english and Irish bars - all very friendly. We made the dog n duck our local as drinks were cheap and the staff lovely and always helpful. There are plenty of good bars and resturants around the harbour - buddys is a must if you enjoy live music on an evening the band was amazing and drinks cheap as chips. The new town is a 5 min taxi drive away and cost about 3euros. Be warned that the strip is more expensive than the old town and you do get harrassed abit to go into bars etc a round that cost us 5 euros in the old town cost us 13euros on the strip! However its full of clubs and late night bars if thats your thing.

Over all a very enjoyable holiday i would not hesitate to go here again and have already recommended it to family and friends. One tip i would suggest is to pre book transfers when we landed we saw people having to qeue for up to 2hrs for taxis!"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of September 2008

I felt obliged to add my comments after...

Reviewed Fri 18th of July 2008

"I felt obliged to add my comments after reading the mixture on here . My partner and I were disapointed with the apartments overall and our personal experience didnt help. The apartments are in a fantastic location , built into the hillside and right by the sea - the views are amazing and its pretty peaceful. They are in the old town which is definitely not for those who want the hustle of the main strip - the area is full of decent local restaurants with lots of fish, good wines etc.

We wanted a holiday where we didnt go to an english pub or a chinese like a previous writer and there is plenty to choose from in the harbour area that are a little more authentic spanish . . .

On arrival we went to our allocated apartment which stank , so before doing anything we asked to move to another. The guy on reception was helpful and allocated us another room. On arrival in this room - it also stank and we realised this was just what they were like ! The smell is of drains and it comes up through the plugholes and toilet, so much that we had to buy an air freshener and it helped by leaving the plugs in the sink.

We had sporadic cleaning , day 1 and 2 were fine , day 3 we put our towels in the bath to be changed (as they ask ) and came back to find them re hung up ! We complained and requested clean ones which 3 hours later had not been delivered so had to go again and ask for them. Day 4 all the electric went in our apartment ( at night ) and upon asking at reception for help we wre asked if we had looked at the fuse box . . . not something I expect to do myself as we were in pitch black and the fuse box is not obvious ! This was sorted after 15 minutes of waiting. Day 4 and 5 we had a cleaner who didnt bother making beds, emptied one bin and left the bin in bathroom ( you cannot put tissue down the loo and so after a day these bins are desperate to be emptied ) and I had to do this myself and chuck in one of the complex bins outside ( not nice for the other visitors .. ) . The cleaners didnt sweep the floor once all week so we had a build up of crumbs and hair on floor and no way of cleaning it up as they provide anything like that.

Kitchen equipment was ok , lots of glasses , plates , few saucepans etc . Fridge and microwave. We had a very old set of furniture outside which was dirty and smelt and made us not want to use our balcony.

When you check in you are given leaflets explaining not to leave towels on sunloungers as they will be removed - yeah right ! The towel warfare started at 8am every day with a war between the germans and the brits fighting for space ! It started to get ridiculous! There are only 9 umbrellas for about 70 loungers so if you want any shade in the day , you are stuffed. There isnt enough umbrellas or on some days , loungers to go round.

When we went to reception regarding the lack of towels , cleaning and electric problems we found the staff unhelpful and clearly couldnt give a damn about our issues. I would never stay here again.

The local facilities, view and heat were all that made this holiday good. We never once ate at the hotel as it didnt look appetising. The soft drinks at the bar were only offered via a soda pump and not bottles or anything so were always flat.

Each to their own but when I pay £400 each for a weeks holiday in a three star apartment I expect it to be clean , not smell and be cared for by the staff - if you want a similar experience - dont stay here !

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

This was the best holiday I have ever be...

Reviewed Tue 8th of July 2008

"This was the best holiday I have ever been on and can't believe people have actually put comments on the internet saying bad things about this hotel (I noticed they went in something stupid like Oct/Jan) The entertainment was great and was organised by Bert he is absolutely fantastic! The staff were great always polite the food was lovely it was right by the harbour a little walk to the strip and the view was astounding! For the people who have wrote bad reviews about this hotel maybe you should dig a little deeper in your pockets and go when it is in season like mabe June or July and you will then realise what a great place it is to stay. I will be going back next year to the same hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of July 2008

Me and my fiancee have just returned fro...

Reviewed Mon 7th of July 2008

"Me and my fiancee have just returned from a fortnight at the aquarius apart, puerta del carmen, after reading some previous reviews we were slightly apprehensive! What a pleasant suprise we got the hotel was fab! Everything you needed was in your room, all the entertainement, food and bars was just on your doorstep! We were in room 628 which is the highest level - all previous reviews moaned about the stairs......... how unfit must you all be, seriously! i would have climbed double the amount just to have the benefit of the location of this hotel! Swimming pool... yes, very deep but great fun, there's a kids section there also which is a more suitable depth for younger kids! You must go to the Teroso Chinese resturant! OMG amazing we ended up eating there about 5 times in the fortnight! 'Rare auld time' is a pub just along from the apartments, we had a great laugh in there, The Tina Turner nights is a must! Drink was around 9euro's for a Bud and a Blue wkd - but there was an irish bar along the main strip that done happy hour from 9-10, we took full advantage of that! A 5 minute walk to the main strip which is quite hilly but that didn't bother us, after all with the amount of food and drink we were consuming we needed some excercise! To top it all off weather was amazing too! Enjoy your holibags!!!

Lynne 25
Mark 27"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of July 2008

We have just returned from our second vi...

Reviewed Mon 16th of June 2008

"We have just returned from our second visit to these apartments within the last six months. The apartment again was cleaned every day, the staff as usual friendly and helpful. We chose self catering as there are a varied amount of restaraunts and supermarkets very near. In all these apartments are clean well serviced and in an ideal location for amenities and lovely sea views. We'll be going again !"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of June 2008

we travelled to lanzarote using a low co...

Good
Reviewed Sun 8th of June 2008

"we travelled to lanzarote using a low cost airline and booked a great cheap deal for the hotel!we planned a week of having to avoid the hotel as due to the price we paid we didnt hold high expectations!how wrong we were!the hotel was lovely, very clean and due to being all inclusive the beer was flowing freely!!the only down falls were the reception staff who did not really put themselves out to help you,and spoke very limited englisH!!everyone else we encountered were very friendly!we went as a yong couple with no children,as we went early on in the year there was no real entertainment on,although this made no difference to us as we were over there to enjoy the night life!!the hotel is located near the harbour and a short taxi ride away to the main bars and clubs!!!!overall i would say this hotel is wonderful and well worth the money!!"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of June 2008

What a fantastic week. We (husband and b...

Reviewed Thu 29th of May 2008

"What a fantastic week. We (husband and boys 9 & 7yrs) decided to book half term at this hotel for a cheap get away (£1680) and were a little apprehensive after reading the reviews, but I have to reassure anyone reading this...don't be.

The Staff were very friendly, efficient and welcoming. The apartments were tired but it's only a base and very clean. Theres ceiling fans, an ironing board and iron as well as a hairdryer. Anything you wanted (hairdryer not working on arrival) was fixed immediately. Towels changed daily if you wanted and beds made/floors cleaned daily.

We have never done all inclusive before and thought we'd only eat in a couple of evenings, but ended up enjoying the food and eating in all week. Don't be worried or afraid to ask what you get for the All Inclusive. All cocktails and local drinks were included from 10am til 11pm :)

The pool is cold! There is a life guard which was very reassuring. I would say take some flip flops though as the pool has gravel around it and can hurt the feet a little.

We were allocated room 532 but asked for a lower one as my son had hurt is ankle and got 109. Right next to the pool. Did go and look at the view from higher but must say the convenience of the boys going back and forth was very convenient on the lower floor.

Bert (the entertainer- also now on facebook!) is MAD, and a little strange but we couldn't stop laughing.
All the staff really helped make this holiday one to remember. Already looking to go back for Oct half term and the boys didn't want to leave !

• Travel date: Thu 29th of May 2008